Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Team, really? Bowling? ~_~

Comments

• SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    The lots to be able to house a bowling alley will have to be huge. From what I remember in TS2 I always wanted to add on but never could fit the stupid thing. I not super pumped for a 'Bowling" themed pack at all. I didn't pick up 'Icecream' or 'Water slide' stuff packs either. I will never buy any pack for only 1 decent item that brings a lil bit more to the game. #notworthit
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The lots to be able to house a bowling alley will have to be huge. From what I remember in TS2 I always wanted to add on but never could fit the plum thing. I not super pumped for a 'Bowling" themed pack at all. I didn't pick up 'Icecream' or 'Water slide' stuff packs either. I will never buy any pack for only 1 decent item that brings a lil bit more to the game. #notworthit

I assume the pack will probably have at least one bowling venue.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I haven't gone bowling in more than ten years. It used to be popular when I was in elementary school and junior high school for birthday parties and school trips. Thinking of bowling makes feel nostalgic! Although I would prefer a vacation pack, I'm excited for the bowling pack because thinking of bowling brings back happy memories for me and it would be fun to see my Sims go bowling.

It's a stuff pack. That's why I don't understand all the fuss on here in this thread (not you). We haven't seen a stuff pack in several months. A GP will probably be a destination world but that won't be until summer or fall.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    meeoun wrote: »
    While I agree with you @meeoun on why should you care what others want. You shouldn't, I know I don't, I say it all the time. But why not just not buy the pack? I don't begrudge others for wanting bowling just because I don't. I want witches before anything else, but I know it doesn't work like that.

It's only a stuff pack anyway, what's the big deal? They'll be another one in two weeks... ;)

--T

You're right To7m.
    Though my post wasn't meant to begrudge anyone, initially. I think the "old people" comment hit some nerves. So I apologize. But old people are the only people I see at my bowling alley.Regardless, my thread has over 3K views now, so I'm sure someone from EA has seen it by now.
    So thank you ALL for the responses.

So... some of us like the idea of bowling in ts4 and some of us don't. Well... whichever side of the fence you sit on, bowling is what we are getting next and that is all there is to it. Maybe the following pack will bring something that non-bowling-fans will like :p

I'm surprised they haven't closed this thread by now, it seems to have deteriorated into nothing more than a slanging match
    Agreed. Mods, Please close this.

I just wanted to say that I still don't like bowling though. IMO* It's boring, lame and outdated. That is all.
    Rest well thread. Rest well.

Where I'm from bowling is dated too. Nobody does it and honestly, I couldn't tell you where the nearest bowling alley is. I have NO clue and I've lived in the same city for my entire life. It's not something I think about. At all.

But it is only an SP and it looks like the only thing you'll be missing is bowling.

--T

You live in London right? No bowling out there anymore? I actually stayed at the Tavistock Hotel in Bloomsbury last November and there was a bowling alley next door. People complained about it on Trip Advisor for being too loud but when I stayed there I didn't hear a thing or even think that it was even open. London is not the main place for bowling really. People go there for other things. Try Southend in Essex and they have a large bowling alley at the Kursaal

I swear that place in Bloomsbury is closed now. It looked dead when I went past last week.

It might have well closed by now. I cannot ever going past any other bowling place in London. But with all of those museums, parks and the London Eye do they really need them? lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    So... I put bowling near me in google and there's actually one like, 5 minutes away haha.

Gosh, I need to pay more attention. I wonder what else is around me... *wanders off*

--T
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Well it could be worse...it could be American football
    *ducks*
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
    So... I put bowling near me in google and there's actually one like, 5 minutes away haha.

Gosh, I need to pay more attention. I wonder what else is around me... *wanders off*

--T

Maybe someone is playing you in The Sims and only just placed a bowling lot :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Is this a joke? Are we really getting bowling for our next pack?

Who even plays bowling anymore?? I live downtown DC, and there's like one bowling alley connected to a movie theater AND it's either completely dead or full of old people.

Couldn't we have like...I don't know... another vacation destination? a sports pack?! Like soccer or football or even tennis? You know? A popular sport people actually play these days?
    :/

Haha, my friends and I have complained about how lame that bowling alley at Gallery Place is so often in the 8ish years I've been in DC! Having grown up in a southern city I can say bowling is something young people do in other places, but your critique of it in DC is so true.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited March 2017
    starcrunch wrote: »
    Is this a joke? Are we really getting bowling for our next pack?

Who even plays bowling anymore?? I live downtown DC, and there's like one bowling alley connected to a movie theater AND it's either completely dead or full of old people.

Couldn't we have like...I don't know... another vacation destination? a sports pack?! Like soccer or football or even tennis? You know? A popular sport people actually play these days?
    :/

Haha, my friends and I have complained about how lame that bowling alley at Gallery Place is so often in the 8ish years I've been in DC! Having grown up in a southern city I can say bowling is something young people do in other places, but your critique of it in DC is so true.

Lol.
    Either that crowd or the drunks and stoners*. That don't even bowl and just sit there looking like creeps. Lol.
    No thank you.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I mean, I love bowling, I love bowling in the sims series especially because they've always looked so dumb and funny when they bowl, throwing themselves on the lane with the ball, doing the silly animations when they hit none to all the pins. It's just great, can't wait to see how it turns out in the Sims 4.
  • tiramisu6tiramisu6 Posts: 43 Member
    Being that the pack seems to be solely for bowling, it's boring and kind of a waste. If it were a pack that came with a whole bunch of different activities instead of just being focused on one, I'd be way more excited.
    s7xTQov.gif
    "...but i’m just a soul whose intentions are good." - lana del rey
    week 102. still no open-world, pets or seasons expansion pack.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I think it'll be cool! I didn't want vampires, or any occult for that matter, but they still made them. The sims isn't created especially for you.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Bring on the bowling alleys! Hmmm. Just had a thought. Perhaps the lane could be repaired or upgraded as a handiness boost. Being a successful bowler calls for skill. Oooh! And those bumper dealies for kids so the ball doesn't end up the gutter. This pack may sounds like a one-trick pony but it could be a wonderful experience.
    Considering it's TS4, any good experiences would make a nice change.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
    aricarai wrote: »
    While I agree with you @meeoun on why should you care what others want. You shouldn't, I know I don't, I say it all the time. But why not just not buy the pack? I don't begrudge others for wanting bowling just because I don't. I want witches before anything else, but I know it doesn't work like that.

It's only a stuff pack anyway, what's the big deal? They'll be another one in two weeks... ;)

--T

You're right To7m.
    Though my post wasn't meant to begrudge anyone, initially. I think the "old people" comment hit some nerves. So I apologize. But old people are the only people I see at my bowling alley.Regardless, my thread has over 3K views now, so I'm sure someone from EA has seen it by now.
    So thank you ALL for the responses.

So... some of us like the idea of bowling in ts4 and some of us don't. Well... whichever side of the fence you sit on, bowling is what we are getting next and that is all there is to it. Maybe the following pack will bring something that non-bowling-fans will like :p

I'm surprised they haven't closed this thread by now, it seems to have deteriorated into nothing more than a slanging match
    Agreed. Mods, Please close this.

I just wanted to say that I still don't like bowling though. IMO* It's boring, lame and outdated. That is all.
    Rest well thread. Rest well.

Where I'm from bowling is dated too. Nobody does it and honestly, I couldn't tell you where the nearest bowling alley is. I have NO clue and I've lived in the same city for my entire life. It's not something I think about. At all.

But it is only an SP and it looks like the only thing you'll be missing is bowling.

--T

You live in London right? No bowling out there anymore? I actually stayed at the Tavistock Hotel in Bloomsbury last November and there was a bowling alley next door. People complained about it on Trip Advisor for being too loud but when I stayed there I didn't hear a thing or even think that it was even open. London is not the main place for bowling really. People go there for other things. Try Southend in Essex and they have a large bowling alley at the Kursaal

I swear that place in Bloomsbury is closed now. It looked dead when I went past last week.

It might have well closed by now. I cannot ever going past any other bowling place in London. But with all of those museums, parks and the London Eye do they really need them? lol

Yes, they need them. You can't exercise in a museum. :D You could at a park, but getting exercise should be 'fun'. Bowling builds balance, precision, pumps the heart (since you are lifting a heavy ball it increases heart rate) builds muscles not only in one arm but in legs and back...society needs to remember people need more fun ways to get exercise rather than having to put a treadmill in their house. It also builds team spirit, team cooperation, relationships, a common goal, math skills (before it went all digital) and leadership (captain of teams). Sometimes, I think today's modern world can't see the forest for the trees. ;)
    @Cinebar Interesting reply :smile: I think these days there is a lack of team spirit everywhere. People like to spend all of thier time online but never want to take part in any team activities anymore :confused:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited March 2017
    @Cinebar Interesting reply :smile: I think these days there is a lack of team spirit everywhere. People like to spend all of thier time online but never want to take part in any team activities anymore :confused:

Very True. Like if you run into someone, and they are right there, but they leave an say something like text me...or holler at me on FB...lol, or never actually make a real phone call to offer condolences, or happy birthday etc...but text it.
    @Cinebar These days people are even lazy when it comes to wishing someone a happy birthday on Facebook as well so Facebook made it easier for everyone by providing a notification which gives you an automatic text box to say 'Happy Birthday' without even needing to go to their wall... :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I get where not liking bowling is coming from, maybe this could have been an opportunity for a new supernatural EP I wouldn't really know what to expect, but I know I'm going be hypocritical about everything I say and buy the pack anyways
    edited March 2017

--T

Maybe someone is playing you in The Sims and only just placed a bowling lot :wink:

ahaha. Did you know I have to be careful with thoughts like that. Matrix and all. Because if I think about I'm just a Sim in someone's game, I could start believing it. lol Where did the diner go, I used to visit twenty years ago ? Someone on the other side of an unseen screen deleted it. :o
  • grayhorseranchgrayhorseranch Posts: 33 Member
    Can someone link me this bowling info please?

Icant seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks
    Love
    g
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • grayhorseranchgrayhorseranch Posts: 33 Member
    Thank you :) Much appreciated..
    @Cinebar Sometimes when I see a new building being built I sometimes forget what used to be there before. I now know that there would have just been a vacant lot with a mail box and a trash can that has now been developed by a new build with new Sims moving in... :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @Cinebar Sometimes when I see a new building being built I sometimes forget what used to be there before. I now know that there would have just been a vacant lot with a mail box and a trash can that has now been developed by a new build with new Sims moving in... :open_mouth:

:D
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Hey sppssst spppssst Hey you! Did you know that you are not required to purchase the new stuff pack if you don't want to....I know I'm using my whisper voice but I wanted to avoid riots in the streets of this knowledge if news got out about this detail outside of this forum discussion. I just want to be careful. I'm sorry you are not fond of the upcoming content but just be patient and something for you will surely come. Now if you excuse me I better take these water balloons filled with "plasma jane" away from the angry crowd before it gets thrown at me! That always convinces Caleb to visit my home to make my neck a new entree and we don't need that right now......