Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Team, really? Bowling? ~_~

Comments

• stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    thevogel wrote: »

My suspicion is that whoever made that post about no trees hasn't played the sims recently, or is perhaps going by some very old info (trees might not have been available at the onset of the game's release).

I have the base game of S4....and Yes, you can add trees. My guess is the person who stated this either doesn't know how to use the building tools in S4...or was trying to de-rail the thread to another subject.

I saw the thread in question after I posted here and that assumption was made by someone who hasn't played the game, yet, and she misunderstood the post.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2017
    meeoun wrote: »
    Is this a joke? Are we really getting bowling for our next pack?

Who even plays bowling anymore?? I live downtown DC, and there's like one bowling alley connected to a movie theater AND it's either completely dead or full of old people.

Couldn't we have like...I don't know... another vacation destination? a sports pack?! Like soccer or football or even tennis? You know? A popular sport people actually play these days?
    :/

Am I not people? :D

Maybe it's different in different places? I went bowling a couple of weeks ago with the kids in the school holidays. It was PACKED! And we had to sit and wait for a lane (the pitcher of nectar helped). The venue was full of families and teens and young adults. It was really fun and the kids had a great time. Afterwards we went to the arcade and won a bajillion tickets!

I'm excited for it because I'm looking forward to having something to do as a family (assuming kids can play). And I'll be sending my teens there at weekends to give them something to do with their friends. I want to make bowling teams for elders too, so I hope there are club rules for this.

I'd love soccer and tennis as well.
    Gruffman wrote: »
    JMConcept wrote: »
    No disrespect but the sims team has become extremely lazy, don't expect a vacation pack better than outdoor retreat.

The team has become extremely lazy? I wouldn't call the toddlers and the vamp pack extremely lazy. They are the best toddlers and the vamps are great.

This.
    I just don't get why they didn't add it to an expansion pack. Bowling as a stuff pack seems like a waste of a pack tbh. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure other people are thrilled. :neutral:

Considering stuff packs used to just be clothes and remeshed existing objects, I think it's cool I'm getting a gameplay object and possibly a new venue for the same price but... *shrug*
    To7m wrote: »
    Actually, where I'm from landlines and newspapers are still pretty much the norm.

Same.

Yup, that's what I said. Bowling is boring, lame and outdated [in my opinion. Although I respect the fact that other people are excited about this and I'm happy for them]. Just like this conversation [in my opinion, and yet I'm still here].
    So stop quoting me [please].

:)

I don't care what other people want or like. I care what I want and like from the game. :)

As such, I'm not happy that we're getting bowling.
    That's a better edit. :)

Well, thank God the devs' only concern isn't what you want.

What truly bratty responses you've given. No reason calling people lame or acting like you somehow define what "cool" means. You sound like a 16 year old, spoiled kid with no regard for other people's feelings. We get it, you don't like it. And no, we don't care. It's absolutely fine not to like things & discuss with other people, it's a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 attitude to pretend being better than others for disliking things they themselves actually like.

Anyway ... at least your attitude reminded me of a really nice quote:
    "It is a common mistake to vainly assume that the limits of our powers of perception are also the limits of all there is to perceive."
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2017
    @meeoun indeed is the only simmer around here who defends what they want personally, regardless of what others want. I see why that baffles people.

5JZ57S6.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @meeoun indeed is the only simmer around here who defends what they want personally, regardless of what others want. I see why that baffles people.

I really don't think there's a lack of people defending what they want on these forums. What baffles people is how arrogant it sounds.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Who even plays bowling anymore?? I live downtown DC, and there's like one bowling alley connected to a movie theater AND it's either completely dead or full of old people.

Couldn't we have like...I don't know... another vacation destination? a sports pack?! Like soccer or football or even tennis? You know? A popular sport people actually play these days?

Maybe it's different in different places? I went bowling a couple of weeks ago with the kids in the school holidays. It was PACKED! And we had to sit and wait for a lane (the pitcher of nectar helped). The venue was full of families and teens and young adults. It was really fun and the kids had a great time. Afterwards we went to the arcade and won a bajillion tickets!

I'm excited for it because I'm looking forward to having something to do as a family (assuming kids can play). And I'll be sending my teens there at weekends to give them something to do with their friends. I want to make bowling teams for elders too, so I hope there are club rules for this.

No disrespect but the sims team has become extremely lazy, don't expect a vacation pack better than outdoor retreat.

The team has become extremely lazy? I wouldn't call the toddlers and the vamp pack extremely lazy. They are the best toddlers and the vamps are great.

This.
    I just don't get why they didn't add it to an expansion pack. Bowling as a stuff pack seems like a waste of a pack tbh. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure other people are thrilled. :neutral:

Considering stuff packs used to just be clothes and remeshed existing objects, I think it's cool I'm getting a gameplay object and possibly a new venue for the same price but... *shrug*
    Actually, where I'm from landlines and newspapers are still pretty much the norm.

Same.

Yup, that's what I said. Bowling is boring, lame and outdated [in my opinion. Although I respect the fact that other people are excited about this and I'm happy for them]. Just like this conversation [in my opinion, and yet I'm still here].

I don't care what other people want or like. I care what I want and like from the game. :)

What truly bratty responses you've given. No reason calling people lame or acting like you somehow define what "cool" means. You sound like a 16 year old, spoiled kid with no regard for other people's feelings. We get it, you don't like it. And no, we don't care. It's absolutely fine not to like things & discuss with other people, it's a plum attitude to pretend being better than others for disliking things they themselves actually like.

"It is a common mistake to vainly assume that the limits of our powers of perception are also the limits of all there is to perceive."

:) I never called anyone lame. I said bowling is lame.

:) I never used the term "cool", nor have this idea of what's considered "cool". I said popular. Bowling is not popular where I am. I don't like bowling, and it upsets me that we have IMO pedly-poo to do as a group in this game and we get bowling 6 months later.

:) I'm not going to use the, "I'm happy you're excited" frame of mind in attempt to habituate my disappointment. That doesn't make me arrogant that makes me...not fake. (╹◡╹)♡
    I don't know you, sim123, JoeMoeDo, PrincessBo, CinderallaToes or whomever is excited for bowling. As such, why am I expected to care what they want?

:) I'm not 16, arrogant or spoiled. I'm just not fake, and I know what I like and what I want.

• stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    edited March 2017
    Ha! I've spent a considerable amount of time raging against TS4 and wishing for its death. That's highly selfish of me. I don't care.

I'm less hateful about the game since they've improved some things to my liking, and adding toddlers has helped a lot.

My point is this: meeoun isn't the first on this forum to express so-called selfish views. Many of us have, and continue to. The ppl who didn't want toddlers and hoped producers never added them were selfish. Ppl like me who wished the death of the franchise because I didn't have toddlers and open world.

My problem isn't the selfish nature of the views expressed, and, yes, there are many ppl who aren't as selfish, but that's beside the point. My problem is the attitude with which those views were expressed. Yes, it does remind me of someone relatively "young" (22 or younger), because I also used to express myself that way when I was younger. Even though some things aren't said outright in posts, they are heavily implied, and that matters a lot, because true feelings come through in those implications.

I'll also say that I think part of the reason I didn't get a lot of flack for my comments is because a lot of ppl agreed with me at the time.

I think some of the comments in this thread are very personal, and over-generalized, in nature, which is why some ppl are taking it that way. Again, what you imply usually shows your true feelings, even if you don't say it outright.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited March 2017

This.

Same.

What truly bratty responses you've given. No reason calling people lame or acting like you somehow define what "cool" means. You sound like a 16 year old, spoiled kid with no regard for other people's feelings. We get it, you don't like it. And no, we don't care. It's absolutely fine not to like things & discuss with other people, it's a plum attitude to pretend being better than others for disliking things they themselves actually like.

:) I never used the term "cool", nor have this idea of what's considered "cool". I said popular. Bowling is not popular where I am. I don't like bowling, and it upsets me that we have IMO pedly-poo to do as a group in this game and we get bowling 6 months later.

:) I'm not going to use the, "I'm happy you're excited" frame of mind in attempt to habituate my disappointment. That doesn't make me arrogant that makes me...not fake. (╹◡╹)♡
    I don't know you, sim123, JoeMoeDo, PrincessBo, CinderallaToes or whomever is excited for bowling. As such, why am I expected to care what they want?

:) I'm not 16, arrogant or spoiled. I'm just not fake, and I know what I like and what I want.

So now you're going to deliberately change and make fun of peoples usernames because we disagree with your opinion? Very mature. Such a class.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    I haven't gone bowling in more than ten years. It used to be popular when I was in elementary school and junior high school for birthday parties and school trips. Thinking of bowling makes feel nostalgic! Although I would prefer a vacation pack, I'm excited for the bowling pack because thinking of bowling brings back happy memories for me and it would be fun to see my Sims go bowling.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Good suggestions but as bowling has been in every game since TS2 at least it would be easier to recycle animations rather than create a new one I guess.

Sadly there seems to be a general reluctance to try out new ideas these days

:disappointed:

The Sims 3 recycled animations, all the animations in 4 are made from scratch.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

This.

Same.

So now you're going to deliberately change and make fun of peoples usernames because we disagree with your opinion? Very mature. Such a class.

Probably shows the level of maturity we're dealing with. Bowling's probably too mature to be understood by someone who only cares about what they want, and won't try anything new lmao.

This.

Same.

Whatever, say what you want. You've been convoluting everything I said so far. Those were merely made up names to emphasize what I had to say.
    And stop quoting me.
    jackjack_k wrote: »

This.

Same.

Probably shows the level of maturity we're dealing with. Bowling's probably too mature to be understood by someone who only cares about what they want, and won't try anything new lmao.

Yeah, I guess. Bowling is too mature for me. Glad you said it and not me. ~

Not understanding the, "won't try anything new" stab. Is that implying I've never played bowling? Meh, doesn't matter.
    _________

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    So... some of us like the idea of bowling in ts4 and some of us don't. Well... whichever side of the fence you sit on, bowling is what we are getting next and that is all there is to it. Maybe the following pack will bring something that non-bowling-fans will like :p

I'm surprised they haven't closed this thread by now, it seems to have deteriorated into nothing more than a slanging match
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    While I agree with you @meeoun on why should you care what others want. You shouldn't, I know I don't, I say it all the time. But why not just not buy the pack? I don't begrudge others for wanting bowling just because I don't. I want witches before anything else, but I know it doesn't work like that.

It's only a stuff pack anyway, what's the big deal? They'll be another one in two weeks... ;)

--T
    edited March 2017
    While I agree with you @meeoun on why should you care what others want. You shouldn't, I know I don't, I say it all the time. But why not just not buy the pack? I don't begrudge others for wanting bowling just because I don't. I want witches before anything else, but I know it doesn't work like that.

It's only a stuff pack anyway, what's the big deal? They'll be another one in two weeks... ;)

--T

You're right To7m.
    Though my post wasn't meant to begrudge anyone, initially. I think the "old people" comment hit some nerves. So I apologize. But old people are the only people I see at my bowling alley.Regardless, my thread has over 3K views now, so I'm sure someone from EA has seen it by now.
    So thank you ALL for the responses.

So... some of us like the idea of bowling in ts4 and some of us don't. Well... whichever side of the fence you sit on, bowling is what we are getting next and that is all there is to it. Maybe the following pack will bring something that non-bowling-fans will like :p

I'm surprised they haven't closed this thread by now, it seems to have deteriorated into nothing more than a slanging match
    Agreed. Mods, Please close this.

I just wanted to say that I still don't like bowling though. IMO* It's boring, lame and outdated. That is all.
    Rest well thread. Rest well.

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

--T

You're right To7m.
    Though my post wasn't meant to begrudge anyone, initially. I think the "old people" comment hit some nerves. So I apologize. But old people are the only people I see at my bowling alley.Regardless, my thread has over 3K views now, so I'm sure someone from EA has seen it by now.

I just wanted to say that I still don't like bowling though. IMO* It's boring, lame and outdated. That is all.

I think that it is a shame that this thread has been derailed when you had no negative intentions. You clearly are not to impressed with the idea of bowling being 'sold separately' as an SP when traditionally it was always in an EP and was there for anyone who wanted it. I saw the same thing with Vampires and I guess pretty much everything else. If one players doesn't like it and starts a thread about it then others come in and accuse them of being rude when there may have not been any rudeness in the first place :(

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

--T

You're right To7m.

Where I'm from bowling is dated too. Nobody does it and honestly, I couldn't tell you where the nearest bowling alley is. I have NO clue and I've lived in the same city for my entire life. It's not something I think about. At all.

But it is only an SP and it looks like the only thing you'll be missing is bowling.

--T

--T

You're right To7m.

Where I'm from bowling is dated too. Nobody does it and honestly, I couldn't tell you where the nearest bowling alley is. I have NO clue and I've lived in the same city for my entire life. It's not something I think about. At all.

But it is only an SP and it looks like the only thing you'll be missing is bowling.

--T

You live in London right? No bowling out there anymore? I actually stayed at the Tavistock Hotel in Bloomsbury last November and there was a bowling alley next door. People complained about it on Trip Advisor for being too loud but when I stayed there I didn't hear a thing or even think that it was even open. London is not the main place for bowling really. People go there for other things. Try Southend in Essex and they have a large bowling alley at the Kursaal
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

--T

You're right To7m.

--T

You live in London right? No bowling out there anymore? I actually stayed at the Tavistock Hotel in Bloomsbury last November and there was a bowling alley next door. People complained about it on Trip Advisor for being too loud but when I stayed there I didn't hear a thing or even think that it was even open. London is not the main place for bowling really. People go there for other things. Try Southend in Essex and they have a large bowling alley at the Kursaal

Yup, good ole' London. Southend is about 40mins from me, nobody I know is going all that way to bowl lol, they're going for the beach and adventure world.

Bowling and ice skating are just not things you see or do around here anymore. Rather sad really but it is what it is.

--T

--T

You're right To7m.

--T

Yup, good ole' London. Southend is about 40mins from me, nobody I know is going all that way to bowl lol, they're going for the beach and adventure world.

Bowling and ice skating are just not things you see or do around here anymore. Rather sad really but it is what it is.

--T

Bournemouth has a small bowling alley left but some of it has been reduced in size in favour for other attractions. We do have a megabowl in another area near where I used to live which still seems reasonably popular but then we also have the Tower Park Leisure complex including bowling, cinemas and the water park. These are all family attractions which are popular at the weekend but not something everyone can afford all of the time.

I think for some young people the average time they would go bowling would be between twice a year to once every other year. I haven't been bowling since 2013 since I went with a girlfriend and I had tried my mighty hardest to get out of it! :open_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited March 2017
    You asked: Who even plays bowling anymore?? I live downtown DC, and there's like one bowling alley connected to a movie theater AND it's either completely dead or full of old people.

Well there you go, some people have been asking for more things for the elders to do!

Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2017

I really don't think there's a lack of people defending what they want on these forums. What baffles people is how arrogant it sounds.
    Not more arrogant than anyone who says they don't want CASt because they hate choices, or rabbitholes because they can't stand to be inside buildings and not see what's happening, or open world because it takes a while for a sim to get somewhere. All examples for me are a big loss in the new game, but there have been a zillion occasions where people declared they hated those features with a passion, even when I don't. Mind you, I do the very same thing. I just don't quite get why meeoun in your opinions is crossing a line here all of a sudden.

Edit: lol @meeoun , well, I'm quite old but I so don't like bowling myself irl that it didn't even occur to me to feel offended :p I quite like it in Sims 3 though, it's funny. Do I want it in Sims 4? Only when it's done totally different. That's my only issue really, I don't want the very same thing with a face-lift all the time.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited March 2017

Not more arrogant than anyone who says they don't want CASt because they hate choices, or rabbitholes because they can't stand to be inside buildings and not see what's happening, or open world because it takes a while for a sim to get somewhere. All examples for me are a big loss in the new game, but there have been a zillion occasions where people declared they hated those features with a passion, even when I don't. Mind you, I do the very same thing. I just don't quite get why meeoun in your opinions is crossing a line here all of a sudden.

Because they made more general comments about the people playing bowling I'd say. Their initial post wasn't about the implementation of bowling in-game like your other examples, but about the popularity of bowling irl, and the people who play bowling. They may not like bowling irl, and that's a perfectly valid opinion, but I think there may have been a more diplomatic way to express it than what was shown in the first post ;)
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I hope this is an activity SP. with other things to do as well. Bowling, more arcade games maybe table hockey? I'm excited for more things my sims can do together with friends and families. and hey whats wrong with bowling? I still bowl its fun. :)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Bowling in real life is fun but I agree, something other than bowling would have been nice.
    giphy.gif

• aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member

--T

You're right To7m.

--T

I swear that place in Bloomsbury is closed now. It looked dead when I went past last week.