Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Still Watch Kids Shows As An Teen or Older?

I was just wondering. Any particular kids shows you can't help but love watching still, or is it just me?

Comments

• ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited March 2017
    I may watch some old stuff from the past from time to time (especially Filmation stuff or Scooby Doo), but I don't watch any current kid's shows, not because I'm older but because I don't think there's anything visually or creatively interesting about them at all compared to ones from the past. Right now it seems as if most kid's shows are dull live action E/I stuff, dumbed down cartoons for preschoolers, visually unappealing or reboots that take away from the charm of the original.

I'm also turned off by the creepy fandoms that have developed around today's kids shows. I'm not going to be specific but I think people know which ones I'm talking about.
    EiFlric.png
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    YUP. Steven Universe, Avatar, Gumball. Also I get a nostalgia itch from to time and watch some childhood favorites. I just really enjoy the medium of animation, and kids shows usually are imaginative with how characters and act. (this is actually why I love the sims 4 so much, hw expressive they are.) Also it let me to connect with my niece and nephew. But now they are both in their teen years so everything is "stupid," "🐸🐸🐸🐸" or "bootsy." :'(
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    edited March 2017
    If I had TV service I probably would watch some kids shows even though I'm an adult. I have fond memories of cartoons such as Loony Toony and Mickey Mouse and friends.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I was lame and had PBS Kids. They used to have such good shows.
  • SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    I do not watch tv as often as I use too... but there are times where I would watch cartoon series like gargoyles, sailor moon, adventure time... the old powerpuff girls and samurai jack.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited March 2017
    I love cartoons and kids movies. They're like a breath of fresh air in the middle of all the increasing violence and sexual content in other TV programs and movies. I prefer to watch what I already liked when I was little or the funniest cartoons. As long as there's adventure, comedy or fantasy and the story is good, I'll watch it. It's like books too. I often prefer kids stuff, because it isn't boring or excessively violent.
  • AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    Not really, sometimes I catch myself watching an old episode of Spongebob, but other than that no.
  • simmerlilly87simmerlilly87 Posts: 195 Member
    Not as often now that I'm 30... but I used to watch them a bit on the weekends in my early 20's.
    Origin Id: SimmerLilly87
    My Showcase Thread
    My Gallery: SimmerLilly87
    96rsyJ5.jpg
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I only watch with the Grandchildren
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I never really watched kids shows as a kid so... no, not even now.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I still watch Spongebob every now and then during the early mornings. One show that I wish never ended was Courage The Cowardly Dog...that was a fantastic show.

tumblr_n6h91e5UCr1roi79do1_500.gif
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Being Australian, all I can say is: Have you ever, ever felt like this?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    My teen years were late night Toonami & the Adult Swim slot.

Just stoked that Samurai Jack is returning & has been matured to keep in touch with the original generation that has grown with the series.
    there are times where I would watch cartoon series like gargoyles, sailor moon

I am glad someone here remembers Disney Gargoyles :blush:
    I remember Sailor Moon on saturday mornings as a preschooler very vividly :blush:
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    A few years ago, I was watching kids shows a lot. I found it soothing. Not even ones that were around when I was a kid, just ones I tried and enjoyed (there are plenty I didn't enjoy, too). I stopped for a while, then I watched my cousin's son for a couple summers and got into some of the new shows. I haven't watched any in a while though. Some of the ones I've enjoyed include Blue's Clues, Bear in the Big Blue House, Kipper the Dog, the Koala Brothers, In the Night Garden, The Octonauts, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Lily's Driftwood Bay, Sarah and Duck, and Puffin Rock.

Oh, and I initially really liked My Little Pony (though I'd hardly call that a kids show), but I've gotten bored of it. Plus I've wanted them to do a Sea Ponies episode forever, and so have a lot of people, but instead they did one with the stupid Breezies instead and that really annoyed me.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    I still watch things like Tom & Jerry, Dexter's Lab (love that show!) and Pink Puma!
    Of course, have you ever heard of Steven Universe? :)
  • PurpleNightOwlPurpleNightOwl Posts: 205 Member
    I haven't heard of most of these shows. I still like to watch SpongeBob SquarePants, and The Simpsons.
  • kikyo_1987kikyo_1987 Posts: 42 Member
    I watch kids shows with my son. Transformers Rescue Bots is one of the more enjoyable ones he watches.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    They ruined my favorite show, Cyberchase! What the plum were they thinking???
  • faerydreams13faerydreams13 Posts: 94 Member
    Yes! Phineas and Ferb is my go-to, especially for background noise!
    Currently Playing:
    The Chudwell Legacy: The Third Generation, featuring Cassie Chudwell.
    The Prism Legacy: A Not So Berry Challenge, featuring Patina Prism
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    I am an adult and I still watch cartoons that are considered for kids and for adults. I also still enjoy animated films and video games. My late grandfather loved playing the old Super Mario Bros. games and he was in his 70s.

At night I like watching The Splat where they show the 90s shows I used to watch as a kid. Rugrats, Rocket Power, Rocko's Modern Life, Kenan & Kel, All That, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Hey Arnold, etc. Also, I intentionally stay up late to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog on Boomerang. I grew up on Toonami, Miguzi, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Nickelodeon, The Disney Channel, etc. Shows like Lazy Town, Doc McStuffins, Making Fiends, Dora the Explorer, Arthur, etc I will usually watch as well. I suppose when I used to go to school for animation, it never was an issue that adults watch cartoons because most if not all my animation instructors loved animation hence their career choice. I would think the difference with me though is that I have a child-like nature.

One of my favorite scenes in the Animatrix.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueiBYxI6Eqg

And I absolutely really like Avatar. It is the most visually beautiful movie I have ever seen in 3D. I think I'll watch it tomorrow.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjRWzrwtY0

Preordered Disney's Moana. Can't wait to see that. :smiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKFuXETZUsI
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I'll sometimes record old Disney shows when they're on in the middle of the night. I did enjoy Girl Meets World, but all Disney shows are jut kind of meeehhh now. I also make sure to record the Disney Halloween movies when they're on around Halloween. I was a Disney girl growing up, so I didn't watch much Nickelodeon.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    When the grandchildren come over, we turn on Spongebob Squarepants.....they get a little bored (they'll say they've seen that episode already and wander back to the toy room)... and I'm left watching Spongebob and laughing my fool head off! B)
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    edited March 2017
    I still watch cartoons even though I am an older adult. I sometimes watch Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny and Friends, the older Scooby Doo shows and the little mini movies with Scooby and the gang that would star Davy Jones from the Monkees, Don Knotts, Sonny and Cher. I don't care how old I get, I will always watch Scooby Doo... :)
  • IndustrialxGothIndustrialxGoth Posts: 84 Member
    young adult, but definitely mostly watch cartoons (whether they were targeted toward kids or adults), although I have my limitations... some of my faves include: Adventure Time, Danny Phantom, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd N Eddy, King of the Hill, Regular Show, Sanjay & Craig, Teen Titans (the original!), The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, + all of the Total Drama Island series.

animation and fictional characters are a huge part of my life~ XD
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Sometimes I'll watch cartoons I used to watch as a kid (grew up in the 90s), but I don't really watch any current cartoons on tv now. I think the newest series I watched was The Legend of Korra a few years back.