Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stranded: An Island of Misery (A Roleplaying Game!) [OOC]

Comments

• PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    Hey, thanks for tagging me! And you guessed right, I am interested in this :)

But I've got to go to bed now, so can I edit this post here to add my character tomorrow? Really don't have much time this second.

Hi! Just wanted to make it clear that I originally tagged you and Keyenpeydee copied and pasted to this thread. Also, how's Connie?

The notification thing is too spammy, so I only fav all threads I ever posted in and look at that list. So I never noticed you tagging me :(

And Connie's fine, I'll send you an update on the entire story this evening (which is in about 6-8 hours in my timezone).

I guess I'll just have to wait an ENTIRE DAY.

I'm sorry for that, but the save is so extremely laggy (and interactions will more often than not execute five hours later) that I ended up ragequitting and not touching the save again. I tried again just now, with the same result.
    So now I'll just write the basic story as it would've played out in my head, without input from things like speech bubbles in the game. And I can't give you nice pictures either. Sorry for the inconvenience :disappointed:

I have a bit of lag problems too, but not as bad. expect for sometimes the timeskips bug out and I'm stuck in a mode, forcing someone to miss school.
    @Alyssa4Life
    It's somehow only in that one savegame, nowhere else. I guess I'll have to migrate once again.
    It's actually rather fitting for a scientist to travel between entire dimensions (a.k.a. saves) ^^
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    I MISSED THE APARTMENT ONE SO I REALY WANNA DO THIS SO IF POSSIBLE PLS RESERVE
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited March 2017
    bahhh i hope this is good enough. honestly, if she doesn't get in I'll make another so lol. hopefully, we post it here or I'll pm if needed.

Name: Regina Glenn
    Sexuality: Last time she checked is bisexual. She is attracted to both sexes.
    Appearance: Regina's faceclaim is Avalon Robbins.
    tumblr_n5427wiXbK1swwx3co6_250.png
    tumblr_n5427wiXbK1swwx3co4_250.png
    Main Trait: Regina's stubbornness stands out quite a bit. She will ALWAYS stick to her side and opinion and is very hard to convince. She is also known to stand out as quite annoying to some of the adults.
    Good Traits: Regina is furiously loyal and will not leave your side once she takes it. It can be hard for her to become attached to anyone. Regina is quick on her feet and thinks fast. She can sometimes be what you could describe chaotic good. Her sense of humour can brighten up anybody who gets it.
    Bad Traits: As well as being stubborn, Regina can be hot-headed. She is quick to be angry if you rile her up just enough. She is also sometimes a little irrational or overconfident in herself.
    Strengths: Physical strength is something Regina never had to worry about, her mother was a personal trainer for the rising stars of Hollywood and well who knows what her father did? She is fit and can run prettyyyy fast. She is quick to problem solve and although she is no genius, she's smarter than a dumb blonde girl as most people see her.
    Weaknesses: Regina is not emotionally stable. She breaks down easily and can not control her feelings very well. She does not do well in solidarity and needs companionship. She is scared of loneliness and has a fear of rejection by someone very personal.
    Bio: On the summer morning Regina was born, nothing extraordinary happened. Her mother sat on the bed, and ambitious her mother was, as she gave her child the name queen. None of this princess, her daughter was going to grow up to be something powerful, to be in control. Her father never showed up after the moment of her birth. Regina never knew who he was and her mother certainly didn't tell her. However, despite that Regina's life was fairly ordinary. She grew up next to her best friend and had a somewhat normal life. At 13 she started having conflicted feelings about her best friend, she was moving away and that of course was very upsetting, but something in her stomach churned something she had never noticed before. She had feelings for her best friend, which of course was strange for her as her best friend was a girl too. After confessing her feelings on the night she was moving she discovered that she didn't feel the same way. Of course, it didn't help that that was the night her long lost father decided to show up on her doorstep and disappear just as he did all those years ago. These two events helped shape Regina but also became the foundation for her fear of loneliness and rejection by family and friends.
    Sample Flavor: One...two...three... I stared at the ceilings little glowing dots which I had painted there as stars. There was a faint green glow to them in the dark. I could hear my clock's annoying metronome sound. The perfect rhythm was interrupted by Claire, tapping at my window crouched in some dark clothes and a beanie. She moonlight hit her face perfectly and I flipped off my doona to reveal a fully dressed me. I pushed the window up and before she could even ask I responded: "I am SO Ready."
    She's meant to be getting up to some teenagery trouble.
    Post edited by UniSims on
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I will be reviewing the characters sometime today :)
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Just to be really clear, the sample flavor is like showing a sample how you write a flavor. Flavor is those stories we post to narrate them. Sample Flavor can be anything and random as long as it is your character's story. I will post a character sheet later so you all can know what I am talking about.

Name: Sean Mason Montefalco
    Sexuality: Straight
    Appearance:
    0b357485e769f0fe7d856a3e2a1e6162.jpg
    Main Trait: Friendly
    Good Traits: Brave, Kind, Caring, Loving, Helpful, and Smart.
    Bad Traits: Jealous, Flirty, Selfish (sometimes), getting bored at almost everything, and sometimes throwing tantrums without any cause.
    Strengths: Cooking, Good at fighting, running, finding ways, thinking about what to do next, and how to survive.
    Weaknesses: Afraid of insects, doesn't like being outside, falling in love, and doesn't like animals aside from cute ones.
    Bio: Sean Mason Montefalco is a boy who came from a really wealthy family. He has a good skill in being friendly, and making other people fall in love with him in just a matter of seconds. He's hot, but does that mean he doesn't know life? He was trained by his mom how to live since his mother and his father both experienced poverty before they got rich. Both his parents doesn't want him to live a very spoiled life, they want him to grow as an independent person. After he graduated, he separated from his parents and live in a expensive condominium with his girlfriend.
    Sample Flavor: I don't need to do this one though.

• Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

I know what a sample flavor is, I just don't know what to write.

I know what a sample flavor is, I just don't know what to write.

You can write anything. Maybe something like how your character cooks or something :joy:

• Alyssa4LifeAlyssa4Life Posts: 633 Member
    Ok, cool!
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    I'll edit mine, hang on.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    I'm done! Hopefully you guys like her. And if I choose to find Maxine alive I'll make her form if its allowed. If not, RIP.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    Maxine's fine though but uh, wouldn't you like someone for a change? :joy:

Sample for both (During ship sinking):

The waves crashed against the side of the ship. Alarms went off and the captain shouted, "This is not a drill!" and directed how to get to the lifeboats. Izzie and Christopher looked at each other nervously, scrambled for their valuables, and ran out of the room. They soon emerged at the top of the rapidly-sinking ship, but just as they were about to get on a lifeboat, a violent wave shoved Christopher off the edge! Izzie grabbed his hand and held it tight. She pulled as hard as she could, but she just wasn't strong enough. "I'm sorry," she said, "I'm not strong enough." Christopher sighed and said, "Go get on a lifeboat without me!" Behind her, the ship's back railing crashed down. "I can't leave you!" she shouted above the howling wind, then, still holding his hand, jumped down into the deep blue depths below. The last thing they saw were each other's faces, then a stray patio chair hit them both across the head, making them unconscious.

Hours later, they woke up on an island. Stranded. But stranded together.
    Simtown and Alyssa's characters got accepted!

Anyways guys, do you all have an ideas, suggestions for the roleplay?

What do you mean? I'm serious what do you actually mean by that.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    Simtown and Alyssa's characters got accepted!

Anyways guys, do you all have an ideas, suggestions for the roleplay?

Maybe most of the others actually survived, but they're on lifeboats in the ocean and got rescued, and the others are marked as missing.

I just meant that Maxine is fine, but she's on a different roleplay though and you're playing her on that, you sure you don't want other character than her? :) I'm not being rude if you think I am :D

@LuckyKittenCat Do you want to join us?

edited March 2017

I just meant that Maxine is fine, but she's on a different roleplay though and you're playing her on that, you sure you don't want other character than her? :) I'm not being rude if you think I am :D

ITS IN THE FUTUREEEEEEEEEEEEEE (And no your not being rude. Fun fact: The idea for Maxine actually started in stranded.)
    Alyssa! Stay determined!

ITS IN THE FUTUREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry bout that :joy:

Its ok! I might put up her form when I decide to find her.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!
    edited March 2017
    So, when are we starting? How about we start when Pancake finishes his character? We can have a small group.
    So, when are we starting? How about we start when Pancake finishes his character? We can have a small group.

Hmmm that might be too early though, I'm afraid we need to wait for more days. We'll start maybe after 1 week.

Sure. We can find the other survivors as time goes on.
    Alyssa! Stay determined!