Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: Season 6 --> SPY VS SPY!

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    (In fact, Paul was way too busy building sand cathedrals to notice any suspicious activity on the beach :p )

sand_cathedral_1_by_buckaroojoe-d60576p.jpg

OT: *is reminded of Hermione the sandwitch Jake and I once discussed*
    Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    OT: I think the Elder ought to know what they say about houses built on sand :p
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    V: Thank you, Witnesses. You may now have a seat.

I am now calling THE GOVERNOR to the Stand, for 12 hours. Afterwards, he will sit, and TAMELA will take his place at the Stand for 12 hours.
    This is your chance to speak for yourself, plead your innocence, give an alibi, etc. It's also the time for the rival Lawyer to question you until you cry confess give the Jury something to think about.

(Meaning: For the next 12 hours, only Twiddle, Haylo, and Jake can speak. After that, Twiddle can no longer talk (except with GIFS of course), and Lo will take his place on the Stand for another 12 hours)

OT: Sorry for the delay, I was in work. :s

The Gov: Thank you your honor. *Coughs loudly*

I'd just like to start by pleading my innocence, I am in no way guilty of these accused criminal activities. I'm a busy man, I very rarely get the chance to take a vacation, Then the first time in 4 years i take time off for myself i get falsely accused of these heinous crimes.

Yes, I was at the beach at the time in question, But was i swimming in the water? No. I was merely dipping my toes along the edge. You will find that my clothes were in no way soaked. If i were to have swam from the boat in question, I would be drenched would i not?

Would the witnesses have seen me change clothes? Yes, Therefore i am innocent. *Coughs*

Ms. Wakefield admits herself that she was "Swimming" at the time in question, A perfect cover story for someone escaping at sea, It's far too conveniant of an alibi. Surely you cant believe her quite obviously falsified tale?

I admit in the past i have not been the kindest or the most law-abiding person in the world, But who has? These claims are pure hearsay, I'm the perfect scapegoat for these charlatans. Find a guy with a less than perfect past and blaim it all on him.

I am open to any and all questions you may have, Please ask away.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    The Gov: I would also like to elaborate on Ms. Hansens and Mr. Nugents claims that i were... Shall we say "Slightly tipsy" at the time in question.

Yes i admit i had been drinking, But i am not an alcoholic! I spent only a few fleeting moments in The Crazy Crustacean Bar and Seafood restaurant. I was not there all evening, I cant remember how i got home or indeed where i went afterwards. In fact most of it was a blur, Just like the time i was at Capital Hill and i was found four hours later dancing on the steps...

Wait... None of this will be leaked to The Press will it? I cant afford another public scandal.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Zelinda: We are in the middle of a reality show so stuff you state here will be on cameras.

I also wanted to point out that the witnesses are in agreement that the Governor was drunk. A drunk person would be unable to swim to shore after jumping from a boat as they would have drowned to their deaths if they do so. If the Governor was actually guilty, then he would have been already long dead at this moment.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wil: Actually, in some cases, drunkenness can still allow for functioning in water, I've met many people at parties that have been able to swim well under the influence. Especially, if I may quote the accused himself, if they are "slightly tipsy". All the people I've met all okay now. Granted it isn't the smartest idea, however, it definitely has happened in the past, and the Governor and Zelinda can not use his level of intoxication as an excuse to not be able to escape the ship. He seems to be in full confidence of the minor details, which implies he had clear brain functionality anyway. So what are you hiding?

His 'alibi' contradicts itself by presenting two levels of intoxication... Considering he, quote, "cant remember how (he) got home or indeed where (he) went afterwards". But also can recall dipping his toes, the dryness of his clothes, the idea that he didn't change clothes. How can we trust this, or any of the information you provided, if you are both drunk and not drunk and both remember and not remember the full story?

If he were drunk, which the opposition and witness claimed he was, he could have easily be blanking on his time on the ship and supplying us with false information he wishes us to think is correct. If this weren't the case, he'd not be unable to remember where he went, what he did or how he got home, nor would he be unable to have swam the distance from the ship.

I decree that if the Governor was INDEED drunk, his testimony is nothing but lies.
    Post edited by HayloHusky on
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    OT: This is Wil right now eiOkm58.gif
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    *Paul blinks like an innocent pup*
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

OT: *Pets Paul*... Good boy XD
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Tamela: Let me start by saying innocence isn’t free nor is it automatic. Technically, we’re all innocent until proven guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. Unfortunately, perception is actually the path to innocence or guilt, not necessarily the truth or evidence or facts.

How do you perceive me compared to the Gov? Am I better looking than him? Does my story ring truer than his? Which lawyer is better at making their client’s case? Will you zone out when one lawyer talks because they’re boring, and could you miss an important piece of information? What are you absorbing? Some information is missed because our brains can’t comprehend it all at once. I should know being a…ha…um…I mean…a computer programmer. I go through thousands upon thousands of codes daily. Do I miss things? Of course. Will you look at the transcripts during your deliberation to read what you missed? Will you share it with the others to ensure all hear what was presented? Will you find me guilty or him guilty? How do you determine that? It all starts with how you perceive what is presented, and then what you do with that information.

Yes, I came out of the water at that time when the witnesses saw me. I live just down the beach. For the last few weeks, I’ve swum at the same time on those days I train. I keep a rigid schedule. You can check it out with my coach.

Now, perhaps the witness, Maya, was a little too nervous or strained, but I wear a bathing suit while I train. The triathlon requires the best I can give myself, which is a swimsuit that cost me more than all my swimsuits combined in my whole life. And for those who are curious, it’s red, white, and blue for our nation’s colors. I’m unsure how I wore “something outlandish for being at the shore, her typical attire, full on with jewelry” part came from, but it’s a lie. If that part is a lie, what else is? And if the previous is a lie and the other witness, Paul, agreed with her, then they’re both lying, which is not only disturbing but also incredibly scary. To me, it sounds like a major scam and it should be looked at in-depth before the jury deliberates and makes a decision. Biggest question: Are the witnesses getting paid off by the Gov?

As for what the Gov stated, purely made up jargon. I mean, who would want the Gov to change in front of them? Plus, when he jumped off the ship, I’m sure he had one of his buddies figure out how to get him a change of clothes. Perhaps sending someone to meet him at the bar? Or he could have found a store and bought a new suit. The bar is on the boardwalk for god’s sake. Wet money is normal on the beach. So, yes, a change into dry clothing could easily have been achieved.

And don’t even get me started on his “memory lapse”. Did anyone think to give him a sobriety test? That could have proven whether he was drunk or not. You’d think they would have with the “devil’s poison” on his breath. Good grief. Common sense, people!

Or maybe instead of being “intoxicated”, a head injury occurred when jumping ship. Now, I don’t know what kind of “ship” this was but most have long drops. Maybe after he had a drink or two, he got confused and ended up back at the beach. Head injuries are quite tricky and some people have been observed as appearing “tipsy” or “out of it”. With the alcohol already on his breath, he could easily have been seen as drunk.

There are other scenarios possible, too, but the ones above are more plausible. With politicians, manipulation and PERCEPTION is key. Any story he wove would be another tale to hide more of his dirty laundry.

Now, I’ve had a rough life and finally found purpose in this triathlon to show myself I can do something that matters and to prove to my family that I’m much stronger than they ever thought I could be. Please, I beg of you. I’m innocent. Vote NOT GUILTY.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    OT: I'm going to bed. I will be around tomorrow fairly often, but tomorrow evening I'll be on the road with my hubby traveling for 4'ish hours. Then, we have a conference over the next couple of days. I'll be spotty but should be around with my phone and, hopefully, the laptop in the evenings. However, I won't have access to the game or anything. I don't think it'll matter for this. I will post in the Interactive thread, too.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Zelinda:

The Governor is a politician as everybody knows and politicians can have a tendency to receive bad publicity. If a politician was to be seen as extremely drunk at the time, it would cause bad publicity. So, in my opinion, the Governor could have been wanting to prevent people from knowing how drunk he was during that time for the shake of avoiding even more bad publicity. People who are slightly tipsy can remember some things so for the shake of protecting his own reputation, he pretended to remember some things to make it seem he was merely tipsy but in actuality, he was extremely drunk.

I will like to ask the Governor about how drunk he was during that time. This time, no lies this time. Were you merely tipsy at the time or were you extremely drunk?
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Zelinda:

The Governor is a politician as everybody knows and politicians can have a tendency to receive bad publicity. If a politician was to be seen as extremely drunk at the time, it would cause bad publicity. So, in my opinion, the Governor could have been wanting to prevent people from knowing how drunk he was during that time for the shake of avoiding even more bad publicity. People who are slightly tipsy can remember some things so for the shake of protecting his own reputation, he pretended to remember some things to make it seem he was merely tipsy but in actuality, he was extremely drunk.

I object... This is a courtroom. Not a news press conference. Hiding how drunk he may have been is nothing but a cover up for what actually happened.

You're also saying that he pretended to "remember" some things. That further proves that the Governor's recounts are false, and thus should be viewed accordingly. He is lying to cover what truly happened!
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Biggest question: Are the witnesses getting paid off by the Gov?

blideside_survivor_02.gif

• Options

345f41c66c775fcd9e86c666bc216c0b.jpg
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »

Yes i admit i had been drinking, But i am not an alcoholic!

tumblr_inline_mxppgyrXFv1rjjzc7.gif

• Options
    edited June 2017
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Wil: Actually, in some cases, drunkenness can still allow for functioning in water

jPQHHPU.gif

• Options
    edited June 2017
    (^^^Examples of how the Jury can be having more fun with this :p But don't worry.... You ALL will have the chance to talk soon)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    V: "I've been up here for DAYS. I need a short nap. Be back in 24 minutes!"
    Bailiff: "Yeah, I need to take a whizz. Everyone behave yourselves! NO TALKING!"

(As the Judge and Bailiff exits the Courtroom, EVERYONE (Witnesses, Accused, Laywers, and Jury) hesitantly stares at each other, before someone breaks the silence...)
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Pacco: "I like turtles."
    Banner.png
  • Options
    [EVERYONE HAS THE ABILITY TO TALK FREELY FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS, BOTH ON THREAD AND OFF]

{This includes PRIVATELY COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE THREAD, AND WITHOUT MY INVOLVEMENT*. Yes, you are free to talk to ANYONE, say ANYTHING, and WITHOUT my presence. This is basically a free-for-all, with people darting around the court room, talking to each other, bribing, blackmailing, convincing, lying, pleading, etc etc etc}

*If you are interested in using the Trade Station, then you will need my involvement in your PM/Email conversation
  • Options
    [Again: There are absolutely no communication limitations, except the obvious one, which is:
    You may not take a screenshot of any information that I have personally sent you, and send it to someone else as "proof" of anything]
  • Options
    Pacco: "I like turtles."

OT: This should be good for the ep, thanks :lol:
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Turner wrote: »

345f41c66c775fcd9e86c666bc216c0b.jpg

ughhh-taco-is-so-adorable-xd_orig.png

Taco: Wurf? :b
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Eva: My, this is a lot to take in. Allow me to collate your statements for posterity.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?