Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Screenshot manager, how does it read the shots?

Can anyone tell me how the manager reads the shots we take? It certainly isn't by the date-time group in the folder, for there is no correlation between the order in which the folder displays them and the order the manager displays them beyond the first three or four. They are 'all over the show', making the manager quite useless as a tool for story telling. Custom in order numbering does not work, either, having done an experimental test, and gotten the same scrambled results.

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,582 Member
    It follows by numerical-alphabetical order for me.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    As in? How would that work instead of a simple 01, 02, 03... sequence?
    edited March 2017
    As in? How would that work instead of a simple 01, 02, 03... sequence?

I don't know how to describe it so I'll just show you how it looks like. It follows the date and time sequence (month-day-year-time). The bottom part of this picture shows you how my Window's explorer folder looks like. As you can see, most of the pics follow the timeline.
    DJVacvZ.jpg

However, I have renamed a few screenshots to "000001", "000002", etc so they will appear in front. For some reason even tho they don't necessarily appear in front in Windows Explorer. But in the screenshot manager, it also goes from 00003 to 00004 to 00001 and 00002. I don't know why. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    Mine go (as in DeKays lower shots) date earliest at the left to latest to the right.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Thank you, gents, for your replies and photos. It seems you are doing what I am in terms of the folder on the PC, so either the manager has it's own odd way of reading things, or mine is messed up. When one finds early shots at the end, late shots at the front, and just about everything scrambled, something is goofed up somewhere. The closest I've found to organization is four or five shots in sequence, next to another set of 4 or 5, but those are from a different time period. Odd. Be nice if one could go right to a guru and ask.
    Thank you, gents, for your replies and photos. It seems you are doing what I am in terms of the folder on the PC, so either the manager has it's own odd way of reading things, or mine is messed up. When one finds early shots at the end, late shots at the front, and just about everything scrambled, something is goofed up somewhere. The closest I've found to organization is four or five shots in sequence, next to another set of 4 or 5, but those are from a different time period. Odd. Be nice if one could go right to a guru and ask.

I wish mine was like yours!! XD I have to scroll all the way down my screenshot manager just to look at the new pics and make them into a memory and I have tons of screenshots! So the whole process takes like 3 mins for me to scroll down since it takes a while to load them.

Maybe you could try repairing the game?

Or you could take out the screenshots and put them into a folder on your desktop. Then, reset The Sims 4 folder by backing up the other folders in it, like your saves and tray folder. You can also move the whole The Sims 4 folder out. Start the game and exit. It will generate a new The Sims 4 folder in your Electronic Arts folder. Then, just move in the backup files respectively into the new folders.

832XG3D.gif
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    Have you thought of renaming them as in just a number or alphabet letter as you go, that way they'll be in the order you want?
    MLgj4Vx.png
    In the folder, yes, so as long as I am out of the game the shots are in order, but with no captions. In game I have the story captions, but the order is scrambled. The manager must have its own odd system as alpha/numeric/alpha-numeric/date-time group labeling in the folder on the computer are essentially ignored. The only difference I've seen is degree of scrambling, ranging from hugely annoying to FUBAR. My apologies for being late in responding. Too cold up here to be at computer for more than a very few minutes for checking essentials.