Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make a simblr?

AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
I have recently made a tumblr and thought about putting my Sims stuff on it like other people but I don't know what to like put on it. Do you put CC on and pics about your sims life?

Anyone else who has a simblr I would like your thoughts and comments!

Thanks!

Comments

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited March 2017
    I do like to use my simblr as a scrapbook for all of my sim's adventures and quirky moments. Sometimes I do share my sims, or if they're looking for a particular cc that I've used, I'll link them into the right direction.

Originally I used to post my TS3 Legacies, It was a blast but after while but then my schedule became full and I couldn't update it as much as I wanted to. Now a days, I pretty much just show what i'm up to in the game (that includes TS2-TS4) at the current moment in time.

Pretty much just have fun with it <3
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    My Simblr is a mix of stories (either staged or gameplay driven), random gameplay screenshots, scenery, and a showcase for my builds and my Sims. I've also used it to put up building guides and build/CAS challenges.
    You might also find this thread useful: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884045/a-quick-guide-to-simlit/p1
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    What should I name my simblr? Can't think of anything I like D: Suggestions!
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Put whatever you want on there.

The only rule is: it has to be sims related.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    edited March 2017
    It can be whatever you want it to be - pics of CC, CAS, Sim's lives, builds, etc. Definitely follow/like/comment on other Simblrs too. Have fun with it and good luck!
  • angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    don't. it's toxic
    Whyy? :open_mouth:D:
  • kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    @AmySims09, I just made one myself and I'm actually having quite a bit of fun! While it's mainly for my challenges, I do plan to eventually plan to post CC. I love reading people's stories!! Mine is linked in my signature, so as you can tell I didn't have a clever name! (but I love it) It can be anything. Perhaps your origin tag????
    Its AmySims09 same on here @kurdaneva :D
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I deleted mine, I agree with angelpuppy2.
    Why do you think its toxic? @Toblie
  • angelpuppy2angelpuppy2 Posts: 162 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    Whyy? :open_mouth:D:

feeling not good enough, getting jealous of other bloggers, you will probably start taking pictures of ur game more than actually playing it and enjoying it, but if those things don't bother u easily then go for it by all means !
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    I've had a Simblr for quite a while. Beware that the hardest thing about Simblr is getting any actual attention. My posts typically get 3, 2, sometimes no engagements at all.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Just the drama and everything that goes on. People are rude and clicky. I found a few nice people but the majority are just out for notes.
    That was my experience anyway. If you don't have a certain aesthetic (cc up the wazoo) then you are ignored. Although there are some brilliant vanilla blogs too.
  • TraarjoTraarjo Posts: 65 Member
    I am planning on making one as well! I want it to be a place where I can post stories and fun pictures. I think it would be a great "excuse" for me to finally start writing!
  • kurdanevakurdaneva Posts: 128 Member
    yikes, I didn't even know there was a community within tumblr for that type of thing enough to have clicks. That being said, everywhere has drama. I say give it a shot and, hopefully, you end up meeting good people :smile:
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    You know what, maybe we should all check out each others' Simblrs first. It seems like we're all just a bunch of people who want a bit of attention, and I bet that's something we can help each other with.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
    https://mysteriouskittenz.tumblr.com/

Here's mine. It's just a collection of my pictures and videos so they're not just on my files folder. Also it chronicles stuff in my legacy families life :D My tumblr name is mysteriouskittenz