Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

more ranks on the Forums

I would like to suggest and see what other people say

I know everyone becomes member after a while of being here so i was thinking maybe we could have more ranks for people who are online a lot or for people who want to be more active with the forums i think this would be a nice opportunity for people . please let me know if you like this idea and all so why you don't think it's a good idea

thanks.
Pew-Pew-Kitty-clean_800x.jpg?v=1501003855

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Ha, yeah.
    Like, have the rank of chatterbox for people like me, with lots of posts
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'd just like to know what games they own to see if they are speaking from experience or hearsay.
  • PunkJadeePunkJadee Posts: 213 Member
    edited March 2017
    The ranks could be made up of different things , I would love to see this community better give people a chance to feel more part of it
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member

Indeed that is quite a nice idea. I have, in fact, seen ranking systems on other forums, but those are based upon either/or number of posts and something called "reputation" which is a lot like the "like" system on here.

However I have seen other threads by those who do not post often, but post well or are new, who sense a bit of a "popularity contest" air about getting full member status by way of "points", so it is likely they will leave things as they are, with the "leaderboard" being a form of ranking, such as it is.

• PunkJadeePunkJadee Posts: 213 Member
    i see your point , for me i was thinking maybe it could help people who are starting off to want to be more known like most new members don't really have much they can do at the start , where as the ones who are always on the leader board iv not really seen anyone new on there i always see the same names , yes they may post 24/7 and yes they may be a lot more active but two separate leader boards one for the new people who join there for they dont have to seem like its all about the older users , new members might find it difficult to even be noticed like me when i first joined no one even bothered to like things or comment , i want new users to feel like they are seen even they are new
  • UniquePuggleUniquePuggle Posts: 864 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I'd just like to know what games they own to see if they are speaking from experience or hearsay.

I actually like this a lot better than the idea of different ranks for people who are online more.
    I notice that when blogs or forums include ranks for number of posts or online time, that people start to spam to increase their post count to get a higher rank. Soon, things start to become more about quantity than about quality.
  • JaguwarJaguwar Posts: 143 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    I actually like this a lot better than the idea of different ranks for people who are online more.
    I notice that when blogs or forums include ranks for number of posts or online time, that people start to spam to increase their post count to get a higher rank. Soon, things start to become more about quantity than about quality.

I agree on both counts. The answer to the "which game(s) and pack(s) do you own?" question is especially helpful with newer or less active members such as myself, or for those who visit, ask for advice, get a response, but don't know a thing about the person responding.

Ranking based on posts, however, is tricky business. While it can be a decent indicator, it's also easy to fudge those numbers. When people start to do that, the quality of the site as a whole goes way down, and that would REALLY suck around here! I suppose tight moderation could help quash that, but there are better things to do than start banning that kind of spammer, IMO.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Ha, yeah.

omg, if you are a chatterbox what does that make me? I hate to think what I might get labeled. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    What I'd like is custom ranks, now that would change everything.
  • SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited March 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    Ha, yeah.

omg, if you are a chatterbox what does that make me? I hate to think what I might get labeled. ;)

I have ideas...

chatterbox begginner 2,000-3,999 posts
    chatterbox student 4,000-5,999 posts
    chatterbox graduate 6,000 -7,999 posts
    chatterbox teacher 8,000-9,999 posts
    chatterbox extraordinaire 10,000-11,999 posts
    chatterbox master 12,000-13,999 posts
    chatterbox monarch 14,000-19,999 posts (ahh I broke the cycle whoops)
    the chatterbox 20,000+ posts

I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub