Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music Game Pack

2...Next

Comments

• MidagereMidagere Posts: 67 Member
    Aah, I would love this pack! New animations, new options, and finally creating a band! I love to have music groups and then creating clips for them, though I have to download everything as a CC, even the drums. If they made it, that would be pretty cool. :)
    giphy.gif
    After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes. But great.
  • TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I really liked sims being able to jam together in Sims 2 so I'd like to see this again in Sims 4, we have lots of instruments already so all we would need is a few more and then have the ability to jam.

What would make this even better is if it came with a point system similar to the vampires or clubs. You could earn "fame points" for doing gigs or shows or whatever and then be able to spend them on perks. It would also work well with city living since festivals would be a good excuse to get the band together and play at the festival.

What else would work well with this pack? Garages (and cars by extension)! Because what is an aspiring band without a garage to jam in.

oh and if they throw in police officers and robbers in a free update before this pack came out they could have the police officers responding to noise complaints from midnight jam sessions! how cool would that be?

A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    > @IndustrialxGoth said:
    > I'd vote for this as a pack! Who doesn't love music??
    >
    > Include all sorts of musical skills + careers for this (including what already exists) -- singers, rock or garage bands, DJs (like of the Get Together pack), jazz groups, country or folk artists, hip hop artists, pop artists...
    >
    > Definitely more skills available for other types of instruments or music-making: accordion, drums, trumpet [or other horn instrument], flute, harp; + of the more electronic side of music the "instruments" should be a turntable/DJ set, synthesizer (a keytar would be awesome), + an extra interactive option on the Computer to "Make Music" (maybe even to select what genre like how it'd display on making music from an instrument in the game).
    > I'd personally love to have an option available of making electronic music of what genre to practice for (of families but limited to like Ambient or Downtempo, Electronica, Hard Dance, House, Industrial, Techno, Trance...)
    >
    > If possible, for playing as a group with other Sims as a band, this could be done at home or at any public places (usually like a Lounge/Bar or anyplace with a stage). With the presence of other (musical) Sims in the room, you could click on your instrument of choice + have the option to like "Practice with Band" or "Play/Perform as Band" (perhaps even some genres + song options to choose from as it's designed for the radios in the game) + then the Sims in the room would assemble in place, take out their instruments from their inventories + start "jamming". Of course, the Sims would have to have a skill in music (be it Singing, Guitar, Piano, etc.) or it won't work (or rather, there would not be the options available to select of practicing or performing as band).
    > Or perhaps it'd work better if you make a Group first that would be considered your "band"/"musical group", so that there's no accidental array of, say, a singer practicing/performing with another singer + three pianists!
    >
    > There could be music festivals/shows/concerts if the pack included it's own Lot that's made solely for such events, + would cover quite a range of musical styles/genres. It'd also be all the more fun to have it set up so that if you have already copied songs you own from your PC into the folder that allows the game to play only your music, then to be able to have + select what genre you want a music festival/show/concert to perform (again, much like how it's designed for the radios).
    >
    > And of course the stuff! More options for musician-wear + household items + decor!
    > -clothing/accessories/hair/makeup styles for the typical rocker, DJ, jazz musician, folk artist, hip hop + pop artists (+ fans [i.e. - band tees])
    > -music fan merch such as figurines/dolls + posters for the walls
    > -with more instruments come the addition of choosing dif colors + designs for them
    >
    > This music-based concept for a pack can be wonderfully expanded, enjoyable + popular!

I like all of this. Also, having sims that level up in multiple styles of music can mix some of these styles together (Think weird masking of a DJ in a band with a country slide guitar player that is trying to harmonize with a metal guitar player, a funk or disco bass player and a drum machine a la Prince & the Revolution).

> @TJKazuha09 said:
    > All i want is for them to be able to make our sim unique voice into songs instead of just adding 1 template of singer once they are max skilled. Why the hell we get 1 singer voice for all type of sim voice?! I thought they are supposed to have unique voice?

I agree. I want Sims singing in Gutteral Metal Growls.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    or at least, the "conventional" voice types/ranges used for females and males in real life.

(i would like an extreme metal growl too, @VanPelt81!)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would really have fun with a pack like this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited April 2018
    I love this idea! I've wanted to see a proper band in the sims since the sims 3. One where we can have a singer in it instead of just people playing instruments. Also love the idea of being able to record your sims music and hear it on the radio. :)
    Post edited by fruitsbasket101 on
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    It needs to announced now!
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    Different types of bands! Like a classical band, rock band, pop band, etc... So we need tons of instruments!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    What a great idea! And some many good suggestions!

Would also be the perfect pack to add a lot of new tattoos.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.