Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Music Game Pack

Some ideas for a smaller music themed expansion-

Play Together- Learn how to play a variety of instruments including drums, electric guitars, the washboard, and more to play with your friends, form a band, and perform at venues! Customize your band choosing music genres to perform, your band vibe, and complete it with the right looks for each member as you build a band reputation!

Attend Music Festivals- Bring along your instruments and sleeping bags to dance and sleep under the stars at music festivals! Watch live performances, dance with strangers, even perform yourself! Try new drinks at the bar, even buy t-shirts, abstract art sculptures, and some taboo snacks from vendors!

Become a Sensation- Record your tunes in the studio at the Radio Station and build your skills and band reputation to make a hit record! Treat your fans as friends or servants as you rise to fame, live out the drama of a band, even hire a personal manager! Will, your sims be a one-hit-wonder or the musical prodigy of a generation?

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    ding ding ding! We have a winner!
    Make this today, I'll buy it tommorrow. B)
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I would die for something like this honestly - I'm a massive fan of blues/jazz music and have always loathed that sims couldn't play the saxophone. I know it's a bit silly but I think it'd be quite cool to see the devs expand on what sort of music can be played and what kind of activities they can partake in after mastering those skills.
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    I would die for something like this honestly - I'm a massive fan of blues/jazz music and have always loathed that sims couldn't play the saxophone. I know it's a bit silly but I think it'd be quite cool to see the devs expand on what sort of music can be played and what kind of activities they can partake in after mastering those skills.

Oh the Sax would be magical wouldn't it?
    That combined with a really gritty urban counterpart to San Myshuno.
    The down and out Sim playing on a hot summer's night for tips on the streetcorner and all that jazz?

I love and play a wide variety of music from classical to progressive rock.
    Custom music is a big part of my Sims experience.

Getting it into the game in a way that finally works would be amazing.
  • zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Oh the Sax would be magical wouldn't it?
    That combined with a really gritty urban counterpart to San Myshuno.
    The down and out Sim playing on a hot summer's night for tips on the streetcorner and all that jazz?

I love and play a wide variety of music from classical to progressive rock.
    Custom music is a big part of my Sims experience.

Getting it into the game in a way that finally works would be amazing.

I always see comments when new packs are released from people inquiring about whether there will be new radio stations so I don't think you're alone in feeling like music informs a lot of your experience with the game. Every now and then I see people posting snippets of TS1 and TS2's actual game score. Music - either simply listening to it or producing our own - is a huge part of all our real lives so I don't see how it isn't absolutely necessary in the sims.

So far as tips on street corners and all that jazz goes, it's baffling to me that we have a world so clearly inspired by New Orleans but nothing in the game that really supports that urban/soulful way of life. My dream is to build a kind of grand jazz club. B)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I want this. Badly.

lol, hurry up devs!
  • TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    All i want is for them to be able to make our sim unique voice into songs instead of just adding 1 template of singer once they are max skilled. Why the hell we get 1 singer voice for all type of sim voice?! I thought they are supposed to have unique voice?
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Love this idea. :) Take my money EA and make this. I hope if this is made, it would work with the singing skill.
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Additional?-?

Record Collection- Collect vinal records from "famous" sim musicians to play and jam out to or display on your wall for decoration!

Street Performers- Fill the streets with music, laughter, and maybe jeering as musicians with a variety of instruments and even jugglers perform on the corners for a quick buck!
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    I absolutely love this. An ability to make functioning bands would be awesome.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • SoccerLuv51SoccerLuv51 Posts: 11 New Member
    I totally agree with this!
  • parlance01parlance01 Posts: 13 New Member
    Yes, please. I would much rather have my Sims playing in a band than bowling.
  • jrtollejrtolle Posts: 3 New Member
    I absolutely love the idea of attending music festivals
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    That sounds so cool! It would be great if my Sims could attend concerts on the weekends or be the performer in a band! I would love to see more instruments, that have more detail and skills!
  • IndustrialxGothIndustrialxGoth Posts: 84 Member
    I'd vote for this as a pack! Who doesn't love music??

Include all sorts of musical skills + careers for this (including what already exists) -- singers, rock or garage bands, DJs (like of the Get Together pack), jazz groups, country or folk artists, hip hop artists, pop artists...

Definitely more skills available for other types of instruments or music-making: accordion, drums, trumpet [or other horn instrument], flute, harp; + of the more electronic side of music the "instruments" should be a turntable/DJ set, synthesizer (a keytar would be awesome), + an extra interactive option on the Computer to "Make Music" (maybe even to select what genre like how it'd display on making music from an instrument in the game).
    I'd personally love to have an option available of making electronic music of what genre to practice for (of families but limited to like Ambient or Downtempo, Electronica, Hard Dance, House, Industrial, Techno, Trance...)

If possible, for playing as a group with other Sims as a band, this could be done at home or at any public places (usually like a Lounge/Bar or anyplace with a stage). With the presence of other (musical) Sims in the room, you could click on your instrument of choice + have the option to like "Practice with Band" or "Play/Perform as Band" (perhaps even some genres + song options to choose from as it's designed for the radios in the game) + then the Sims in the room would assemble in place, take out their instruments from their inventories + start "jamming". Of course, the Sims would have to have a skill in music (be it Singing, Guitar, Piano, etc.) or it won't work (or rather, there would not be the options available to select of practicing or performing as band).
    Or perhaps it'd work better if you make a Group first that would be considered your "band"/"musical group", so that there's no accidental array of, say, a singer practicing/performing with another singer + three pianists!

There could be music festivals/shows/concerts if the pack included it's own Lot that's made solely for such events, + would cover quite a range of musical styles/genres. It'd also be all the more fun to have it set up so that if you have already copied songs you own from your PC into the folder that allows the game to play only your music, then to be able to have + select what genre you want a music festival/show/concert to perform (again, much like how it's designed for the radios).

And of course the stuff! More options for musician-wear + household items + decor!
    -clothing/accessories/hair/makeup styles for the typical rocker, DJ, jazz musician, folk artist, hip hop + pop artists (+ fans [i.e. - band tees])
    -music fan merch such as figurines/dolls + posters for the walls
    -with more instruments come the addition of choosing dif colors + designs for them

This music-based concept for a pack can be wonderfully expanded, enjoyable + popular!
    I'd vote for this as a pack! Who doesn't love music??

Include all sorts of musical skills + careers for this (including what already exists) -- singers, rock or garage bands, DJs (like of the Get Together pack), jazz groups, country or folk artists, hip hop artists, pop artists...

Definitely more skills available for other types of instruments or music-making: accordion, drums, trumpet [or other horn instrument], flute, harp; + of the more electronic side of music the "instruments" should be a turntable/DJ set, synthesizer (a keytar would be awesome), + an extra interactive option on the Computer to "Make Music" (maybe even to select what genre like how it'd display on making music from an instrument in the game).
    I'd personally love to have an option available of making electronic music of what genre to practice for (of families but limited to like Ambient or Downtempo, Electronica, Hard Dance, House, Industrial, Techno, Trance...)

If possible, for playing as a group with other Sims as a band, this could be done at home or at any public places (usually like a Lounge/Bar or anyplace with a stage). With the presence of other (musical) Sims in the room, you could click on your instrument of choice + have the option to like "Practice with Band" or "Play/Perform as Band" (perhaps even some genres + song options to choose from as it's designed for the radios in the game) + then the Sims in the room would assemble in place, take out their instruments from their inventories + start "jamming". Of course, the Sims would have to have a skill in music (be it Singing, Guitar, Piano, etc.) or it won't work (or rather, there would not be the options available to select of practicing or performing as band).
    Or perhaps it'd work better if you make a Group first that would be considered your "band"/"musical group", so that there's no accidental array of, say, a singer practicing/performing with another singer + three pianists!

There could be music festivals/shows/concerts if the pack included it's own Lot that's made solely for such events, + would cover quite a range of musical styles/genres. It'd also be all the more fun to have it set up so that if you have already copied songs you own from your PC into the folder that allows the game to play only your music, then to be able to have + select what genre you want a music festival/show/concert to perform (again, much like how it's designed for the radios).

And of course the stuff! More options for musician-wear + household items + decor!
    -clothing/accessories/hair/makeup styles for the typical rocker, DJ, jazz musician, folk artist, hip hop + pop artists (+ fans [i.e. - band tees])
    -music fan merch such as figurines/dolls + posters for the walls
    -with more instruments come the addition of choosing dif colors + designs for them

This music-based concept for a pack can be wonderfully expanded, enjoyable + popular!

Love the ideas. <3
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Simmerex1Simmerex1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I wouldn't mind making my own recording studio but then this will be a stuff pack if they decide to make a showtime.
  • PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    Absolutely love this idea.
    Add in a space saving upright piano, and maybe a harpsichord and I would definitely buy a pack like this. <3
    Uzone27 Thanks! I think they should put this concept to a vote (too bad it wasn't part of the "Create a new Stuff Pack" that recently initiated... lol unless they're trying to surprise us with it, but I think it'd be a great idea to start a voting system for it [for like the breeds, or interactive options, etc.])
    Uzone27 Thanks! I think they should put this concept to a vote (too bad it wasn't part of the "Create a new Stuff Pack" that recently initiated... lol unless they're trying to surprise us with it, but I think it'd be a great idea to start a voting system for it [for like the breeds, or interactive options, etc.])

@IndustrialxGoth
    You wouldn't want them to try and fit all of your creative ideas into an SP would you? ...think bigger! :)
    It'll be great to see how this experiment goes.

I also think it's great that they are letting us have a peak inside the Chocolate Factory.
    Hopefully if this experiment goes well maybe they will giet us more involved in the future.
    Uzone27, well true, with all of those details it'd probably be more like a Game Pack. Ah, it'd definitely be great to have more of an involvement with the creation of packs for the game!
    Uzone27, well true, with all of those details it'd probably be more like a Game Pack. Ah, it'd definitely be great to have more of an involvement with the creation of packs for the game!

I wouldn't mind if they gave it an EP to be honest.
    I think us music lovers lost a lot of traction because of the shortcomings of Showtime...
    I hope that doesn't discourage them from trying again...
    The design of TS4 is absolutely perfect for this kind of pack.

Sims you invite almost always show up (isntantly) the lots are always busy and NPC's seem to be able to hang a lot longer without having to see to their needs.
    Integrating the GT club system also opens up great possibilities.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Cannot wait! :)
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    I have a couple Sims who would love to play the harp.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    i wish for this more and more with every passing day.
  • mckee567mckee567 Posts: 1 New Member
    If they did this they could also add in a lot of new building materials such as studio equipment like speakers, recording studio's, audio interfaces, and acoustic foams. They could even go as far to make it into a new career as an add-on to the "Get To Work" expansion where you could be a professional musician in your own studio. They could do the same kind of thing but for movies as in having your sim be a famous actor and work on set or be a director of movies.