Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

....playing sims 4 on high on affordable laptop.

13...Next

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2017
    ts1depot wrote: »
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    I'm a bit older so a lot of people may not be able to relate to this...but I liken them to "audiophiles" of the record player era...

@Uzone27 This type of thing also happens in the cycling community, too. It's hilarious. You'll have some college kid or someone on a budget asking for advice on a forum about which Target/Walmart/Kmart bike to buy to ride around campus or run some errands, and all the elites will rant, "NO!! ANY BIKE FROM THOSE STORES IS COMPLETE JUNK!!! You need to go down to the nearest cycling shop or Craig's List and buy a bike with the state of the art gears, tires, frame for at least $400! Anything less than $400 that is pure garbage and chances are, will start breaking down within six weeks after you buy it!"

That's the funniest thing about elites. Elites are sort of like the people who've owned Porsches and Maseratis their entire lives, have no real experience with non-luxury brands and just assume that any brand that has less features than a luxury sportscar is barely functional.

Yeah just that this isn't about that. Sure you can buy on a budget, but clearly "budget" isn't even something the OP cares about, as she's repeatedly told us how she doesn't care if she has to buy a new laptop every 3-4 years, knowing full well that this actually ends up costing her more than she might really understand at this point. No one wants to force anyone to spend 1500-2000, because that's of course unnecessary for this game. And, honestly, no one cares what laptop the OP has. But the fact that she comes into the tech section stating that this is a great buy and that people should trust their own instincts more than the proven knowledge of members who actually know what they're talking about, is just complete garbage, I'm sorry. I hope, truly hope, she doesn't run into any issues within the next 12 months, that her fan doesn't break from overexertion, that her laptop doesn't suffer from repeatedly being forced to run something it isn't necessarily designed to run. And yeah, maybe that won't happen. But most people don't spend that much cash on a "maybe". They'd rather save a tiny bit more & go with an option that's solid & reliable. And that's not at all "the most expensive" or "elite" option either.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited March 2017
    @BrownGamerGurl1 , I'm glad your game is running smoothly for now and I hope you won't have issues any time soon with new additions. However if you don't really understand much of computers (I'm like that too) don't recommend people to do the same as you, since you are wrong about your computer being one of the best options for gaming.

I myself had a laptop that was able to run the game for a while and little by little I had to start lowering the specs. I'm also getting a computer soon and since I don't know much I listened to @luthienrising , @phoebebebe13 and @chesterbigbird , since they are well known for their help on this topic and they actually changed my mind about getting a laptop since the desktop is better and I can fix it in the future if I start having issues, since with laptops you are mostly stuck with what you got. I would also like to tell other people that even though I don't know much about computers my brother in law and the people I mentioned that actually know about this told me that I could get a great desktop and it would be even cheaper than getting a gaming laptop. I've done my research and a great desktop is in fact cheaper than a laptop :) plus it will probably last longer.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member

@Uzone27 This type of thing also happens in the cycling community, too. It's hilarious. You'll have some college kid or someone on a budget asking for advice on a forum about which Target/Walmart/Kmart bike to buy to ride around campus or run some errands, and all the elites will rant, "NO!! ANY BIKE FROM THOSE STORES IS COMPLETE JUNK!!! You need to go down to the nearest cycling shop or Craig's List and buy a bike with the state of the art gears, tires, frame for at least $400! Anything less than $400 that is pure garbage and chances are, will start breaking down within six weeks after you buy it!"

That's the funniest thing about elites. Elites are sort of like the people who've owned Porsches and Maseratis their entire lives, have no real experience with non-luxury brands and just assume that any brand that has less features than a luxury sportscar is barely functional. [/quote]

Thank you. Im a stay at home mother. I just want to play the sims. I do not have $1000+ dollars to throw away on the ultimate computer. So what? I should just stop playing it now? because i cant afford the best computer? I used what money i had LEFT to buy a laptop that would still run this game and it does. Budget does matter for me.
    I'm a bit older so a lot of people may not be able to relate to this...but I liken them to "audiophiles" of the record player era...

That's the funniest thing about elites. Elites are sort of like the people who've owned Porsches and Maseratis their entire lives, have no real experience with non-luxury brands and just assume that any brand that has less features than a luxury sportscar is barely functional.

Thank you. Im a stay at home mother. I just want to play the sims. I do not have $1000+ dollars to throw away on the ultimate computer. So what? Should I should just stop playing it now? After 15 years because i cant afford the best computer? I used what money i had LEFT to buy a laptop that would still run this game and it does. It might be junk to you or it might upset you that I am running this game on a computer you think is "inferior" after you spent your savings on the ultimate gaming pc , but I am happy with that I have.

I knew once they responses started rolling in, what I was dealing with :* Oh and my mind was focused on saving money and a budget , because i had already decided that my daughter needed new clothes and I did too and I was only going to buy what I could afford. I think they might be surprised to find out that 90 percent of sims players are not using expensive , powerful gaming machines.
    I'm not trying to belittle the advice that folks have been giving you on this thread because most of it is sound advice.
    A quick comment about the "elite gamer" mentality in general however

There were folks that would spend hundreds of dollars on phono cartridges, and then upwards of $100 dollars on needles for that cartridge swearing that it made all the difference in the world for their fidelity? lol

Most of that entire industry was centered around one thing...bragging rights.

The truth of the matter is 95% of what people were hearing was the responsibility of their speakers alone
    A lot of those folks were extremely plum when digital killed the component era I can tell you that :D
    There's a lot of that going on in the gaming community...lot's of posturing.

They will tell you otherwise but a considerable amount of the stuff they go on about for games is complete overkill in most scenarios.
    If your computer meets the reccomended specs and the reccomeended component manufacturers that's pretty much all you need..everything else is gravy. Overkill.

If you want to look at an area where going above and beyond reccomended specifications is actually relavant...then look no further than DAWs (digital audio workstations) where fan noise, bus speeds, port types etc. have a huge impact on performance above and beyond reccomended specifications to simply run the software.

But I digress, I'm not trying to lump everyone in the same category or even suggest that some of the advice given to you here isn't sound.
    Just here to give the OP a wink and a nod...(the laptop I'm using to play TS4 is from 2009)

Yes. Thank you. It's nothing more than a bunch of nonsense , to me. If there is someone out there who can afford to spend $900-$1500 on the most tricked out computer , then awesome, more power to you. But I cannot. And i had no interest in buying a computer and then being flat broke , trying to live up to the opinions of strangers on an online community. I just want to plays sims. On MY budget, for what I could afford. So Im happy, even if my computer is running on intel, because thats NOT what its about for me.

90 percent of sims players are like me. They dont own the priciest or most expensive computer. They are using an older computer they already had or if they are buying new most of them are going to walmart and buying what they can afford and enjoying it for what it is. And I am being accused of having a tantrum and this and that, is nothing more than bullying and they are trying to bully me because of my computer :/

Orchid13 wrote: »
    @BrownGamerGurl1 , I'm glad your game is running smoothly for now and I hope you won't have issues any time soon with new additions. However if you don't really understand much of computers (I'm like that too) don't recommend people to do the same as you, since you are wrong about your computer being one of the best options for gaming.

I myself had a laptop that was able to run the game for a while and little by little I had to start lowering the specs. I'm also getting a computer soon and since I don't know much I listened to @luthienrising , @phoebebebe13 and @chesterbigbird , since they are well known for their help on this topic and they actually changed my mind about getting a laptop since the desktop is better and I can fix it in the future if I start having issues, since with laptops you are mostly stuck with what you got. I would also like to tell other people that even though I don't know much about computers my brother in law and the people I mentioned that actually know about this told me that I could get a great desktop and it would be even cheaper than getting a gaming laptop. I've done my research and a great desktop is in fact cheaper than a laptop :) plus it will probably last longer.

I never said that . Just to be clear
    edited March 2017

This is ridiculous. Some hobbies are expensive. I have a friend that is in college and actually rides a bike as a sport. He can't get a bike from Walmart or he wouldn't be able to measure up to other people cause his bike is not made for it. He is nos a billionaire and he has to run back and forth all the time to get sponsors to be able to afford a bike for what he is doing. Even himself has said that if he didn't have sponsors he wouldn't be able to afford the bike he owns.

So to sum up if you want a pc for word, power point and excel by all means get any laptop, but if you want to start gaming you need to be able to afford that hobby. I honestly got very upset when they told me my laptop wouldn't be able to run my game, it did survive a lot even TS3, but now it's over heating like crazy and I had to lower the specs, so it's no use to play for me right now till I get my new desktop.
    21mbz47.jpg
    edited March 2017

I never said that . Just to be clear

Yeah but you are telling people to follow the instinct , what kind of advice is that for buying a computer. I'm only saying if you are happy with your computer awesome, if it looks awesome great post pics and start saying that you have you game in ultra. What we are telling you is to not advice people if you have no idea of what you are talking about. Why should anyone trust your advice instead of the people that almost everyone knows around these forums for real and actual computer advice.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited March 2017
    I think you're missing the point @BrownGamerGurl1. Repeatedly, many have said that they are happy that you've found a computer within your budget and are able to play the game on the high settings.

What you're not getting is that if you're not a techy person, you shouldn't be recommending laptops/PCs to others, leave it to the people that understand tech.

I'm not techy whatsoever, in fact, I'd say I'm pretty technologically challenged and I relied heavily on @chesterbigbird and @phoebebebe13 when looking to upgrade in order to play the Sims. I'm super grateful to them and the time, effort and patience they had when answering all my questions and finding me something that worked within my budget.

I used to play The Sims on a laptop and in the last 17 years, I've probably been through 5 or 6 laptops. My last laptop was higher spec, but now that I'm on a PC, there's a noticeable difference and I wouldn't go back.

Again, super stoked that you're able to play a game that you've been playing for the last 15 years; that's fantastic. You're a stay at home mom and you were able to get a laptop that fit within your budget, that's fantastic, too! No one is denying that; they're just simply letting you know that what's worked for you, wouldn't necessarily work for everyone else and they wouldn't recommend it, especially if others are able to stretch their budgets.

I hope you get years of Simming fun out of your new laptop. Enjoy :mrgreen:

Edit: Quotes were wonky!
    Post edited by aricarai on
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2017

This is ridiculous. Some hobbies are expensive. I have a friend that is in college and actually rides a bike as a sport. He can't get a bike from Walmart or he wouldn't be able to measure up to other people cause his bike is not made for it. He is nos a billionaire and he has to run back and forth all the time to get sponsors to be able to afford a bike for what he is doing. Even himself has said that if he didn't have sponsors he wouldn't be able to afford the bike he owns.

So to sum up if you want a pc for word, power point and excel by all means get any laptop, but if you want to start gaming you need to be able to afford that hobby. I honestly got very upset when they told me my laptop wouldn't be able to run my game, it did survive a lot even TS3, but now it's over heating like crazy and I had to lower the specs, so it's no use to play for me right now till I get my new desktop.

This!!! You play on an under-powered computer it may run fine in the beginning but as time goes by it puts more wear and tear on the computer. More than usual because of playing on a computer that was not designed to run the game. Especially with laptops. Their hardware is weaker than desktop and all 3d games are designed and require desktop specs. Worse is that you can't upgrade a laptops processor and video card. Your stuck with the specs you buy. If your laptop can no longer run the game you have no choice but to buy a new computer if you want to continue playing the game. This is why we always advise not to get a laptop unless it's designed for gaming and meets all recommended requirements to survive the game. This is not a complete game. OP's laptop may run fine now but just a patch could do the computer in to where they can no longer run the game. Patches are mandatory with this game. We had already advised OP in another thread not to buy a computer that did not meet requirements to run the game. For $600-700 OP could have bought a desktop that met all requirements and could have been upgraded in the future. That's fine if they did not want to take the advice given. If their computer eventually gives out playing this game, it will be on them. At that point they will either have to buy a new computer or stop playing the game.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member

How did we go from, "Example about college students and regular people needing a bike from Walmart to get from class to class and run errands" to "Friend who rides professionally as a cyclist" as an example of "hobbies being expensive?" Obviously, your friend who rides a bike as "sport" isn't doing it as a hobby, so I don't see the relevance.
    EiFlric.png

How did we go from, "Example about college students and regular people needing a bike from Walmart to get from class to class and run errands" to "Friend who rides professionally as a cyclist" as an example of "hobbies being expensive?" Obviously, your friend who rides a bike as "sport" isn't doing it as a hobby, so I don't see the relevance.

??? Her friend is a college student who ALSO rides bikes as a HOBBY. Their friend's bike Hobby is a more expensive Hobby. ( Like gaming) They don't use their bike to just ride to a friends house (like a computer used for light tasks) . You can not buy the bike this person needs for their hobby at Walmart (cheap laptop/desktop to run simple tasks) . They need a more professional bike designed to do what their hobby entails (a gaming computer that meets requirements to play the game you want to play)

Gaming is an Expensive hobby. All 3d games requirements are for desktop, not laptop. They make computers designed for light tasks and ones to game 3d games. They make bicycles for light riding tasks and ones for heavier sports. I live in the mountains and I don't ride bikes as a hobby. If I needed a bike where I live I could not buy one at Walmart. I would have to buy a mountain bike that is designed to handle biking on mountain roads. This bike would be more expensive than buying a bike at Walmart for riding on flat roads

If you buy a computer (or a bike) it is the persons best interest to buy a computer that can handle the tasks you want it too. If you buy a computer not designed to do what you want it to the computer will eventually have problems running the tasks you need it to.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

??? Her friend is a college student who ALSO rides bikes as a HOBBY. Their friend's bike Hobby is a more expensive Hobby. ( Like gaming) They don't use their bike to just ride to a friends house (like a computer used for light tasks) . You can not buy the bike this person needs for their hobby at Walmart (cheap laptop/desktop to run simple tasks) . They need a more professional bike designed to do what their hobby entails (a gaming computer that meets requirements to play the game you want to play)

Gaming is an Expensive hobby. All 3d games requirements are for desktop, not laptop. They make computers designed for light tasks and ones to game 3d games. They make bicycles for light riding tasks and ones for heavier sports. I live in the mountains and I don't ride bikes as a hobby. If I needed a bike where I live I could not buy one at Walmart. I would have to buy a mountain bike that is designed to handle biking on mountain roads. This bike would be more expensive than buying a bike at Walmart for riding on flat roads

If you buy a computer (or a bike) it is the persons best interest to buy a computer that can handle the tasks you want it too. If you buy a computer not designed to do what you want it to the computer will eventually have problems running the tasks you need it to.

Indeed, plus let's not forget: in the case of a bike, it makes a huge difference which one you buy, not just for sturdiness & environment, but also just for your back and the amount of effort you need to put in ^^ a city bike, for example, will make cycling in cities effortless, but like you said, on the mountains it's just gonna make your life harder than it needs to be :D #offtopic #bikestories
    edited March 2017
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Indeed, plus let's not forget: in the case of a bike, it makes a huge difference which one you buy, not just for sturdiness & environment, but also just for your back and the amount of effort you need to put in ^^ a city bike, for example, will make cycling in cities effortless, but like you said, on the mountains it's just gonna make your life harder than it needs to be :D #offtopic #bikestories

Exactly. Buying a bike, computer, car etc. You buy something that is designed to do the tasks you need it to. @Orchid13 bike story is no different than Sims wiki comparing a computer to a car. We could post this link over and over but people ignore it http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Your_Computer_is_Like_a_Car
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited March 2017
    ??? Her friend is a college student who ALSO rides bikes as a HOBBY.

I don't understand why you started your response with a bunch of question marks as if what I said came out of left field.

She said that he rides bikes as a sport, not as a hobby.

I'm going to repost the quote in case it gets reedited.

I don't see anything there that says that this person rides as a hobby. It's even said that this person also has "sponsors." I don't know of any hobbies that has "sponsors." She mentioned "hobbies" afterwards, but it's a complete non sequitur from what was said before.
    Gaming is an Expensive hobby. All 3d games requirements are for desktop, not laptop. They make computers designed for light tasks and ones to game 3d games.

As someone who's been building and upgrading computers for quite some time now, I can tell you that this is not even remotely close to being the case.

Gaming is only an expensive hobby for those who want to play what are called "high end titles," stuff like GTA V, Assassin's Creed, Overwatch, etc. These are games that require the most powerful processors, graphics cards and state of the art cases with cooling systems.

That is not true of games like The Sims or any other game that isn't "high end." In fact, most games that don't fall within the high end category can be played with a computer with average specs and a budget dedicated graphics card. I'm always amazed at how people literally think that any machine that has less than, say, a quadcore, 6GB RAM and a high end graphics card can't play any games whatsoever.

Regarding laptops, Sims 4 was actually developed with laptops in mind:

Directly from EA site:
    WHAT IS THE SIMS 4 LAPTOP MODE?
    Monday, 14 July 2014
    Laptop Mode will put the Sims 4 into a reduced rendering mode designed to run the game more efficiently.
    The Sims 4 is automatically set to run at ideal rendering quality. However, we know that some of our players may have older computers, or prefer to play on laptops, which may have lower power graphics hardware. Laptop Mode means the game will run more efficiently with a better frame rate and battery life.

URL: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/what-is-the-sims-4-laptop-mode/

That's why there's a laptop mode under gaming settings. TS4 was actually designed to be playable on laptops.

The idea that someone needs a high end, state of the art rig just to play a non high end game like The Sims--and that unless you get one, a computer is just going to "wear out" and become unusable in 2-3 years--is not based in any real world experience playing games on various builds. Furthermore, it's based on a myth that computer manufacturers have been perpetuating for years. The worst thing computer makers would want is for their customers to be tech savvy enough to know how to extend the life of their computers another few years with an inexpensive $100-$120 upgrade. They would rather convince people that every time you're ready to play a brand new title on an old or budget machine, it would be better to drop $1200 on a whole new machine than check the specs and see whether all the machine needs is more RAM or a more powerful card.
    They make bicycles for light riding tasks and ones for heavier sports. I live in the mountains and I don't ride bikes as a hobby. If I needed a bike where I live I could not buy one at Walmart. I would have to buy a mountain bike that is designed to handle biking on mountain roads. This bike would be more expensive than buying a bike at Walmart for riding on flat roads.

I never talked in my earlier response about people living in mountains and mountain biking as a hobby. I was talking specifically about people who just want to zip around campus or go down to the local grocery store--i.e, those "light riding tasks" that you mentioned. Those people will often be told that they have to go out and get the most expensive bike that money can buy when it's not necessary.

And it's the same with TS4. TS4 does not need a super duper, expensive desktops to play because it is not a high end title. Laptops can play the game, but the specs have to be met and the player might have to sacrifice a little something (like lowered graphics settings) to have the game run smoothly.
    EiFlric.png
    edited March 2017
    ??? Her friend is a college student who ALSO rides bikes as a HOBBY.

I don't understand why you started your response with a bunch of question marks as if what I said came out of left field.

She said that he rides bikes as a sport, not as a hobby.

I'm going to repost the quote in case it gets reedited.

I don't see anything there that says that this person rides as a hobby. It's even said that this person also has "sponsors." I don't know of any hobbies that has "sponsors." She mentioned "hobbies" afterwards, but it's a complete non sequitur from what was said before.
    Gaming is an Expensive hobby. All 3d games requirements are for desktop, not laptop. They make computers designed for light tasks and ones to game 3d games.

As someone who's been building and upgrading computers for quite some time now, I can tell you that this is not even remotely close to being the case.

Gaming is only an expensive hobby for those who want to play what are called "high end titles," stuff like GTA V, Assassin's Creed, Overwatch, etc. These are games that require the most powerful processors, graphics cards and state of the art cases with cooling systems.

That is not true of games like The Sims or any other game that isn't "high end." In fact, most games that don't fall within the high end category can be played with a computer with average specs and a budget dedicated graphics card. I'm always amazed at how people literally think that any machine that has less than, say, a quadcore, 6GB RAM and a high end graphics card can't play any games whatsoever.

Regarding laptops, Sims 4 was actually developed with laptops in mind:

Directly from EA site:
    WHAT IS THE SIMS 4 LAPTOP MODE?
    Monday, 14 July 2014
    Laptop Mode will put the Sims 4 into a reduced rendering mode designed to run the game more efficiently.
    The Sims 4 is automatically set to run at ideal rendering quality. However, we know that some of our players may have older computers, or prefer to play on laptops, which may have lower power graphics hardware. Laptop Mode means the game will run more efficiently with a better frame rate and battery life.

URL: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/what-is-the-sims-4-laptop-mode/

That's why there's a laptop mode under gaming settings. TS4 was actually designed to be playable on laptops.

The idea that someone needs a high end, state of the art rig just to play a non high end game like The Sims--and that unless you get one, a computer is just going to "wear out" and become unusable in 2-3 years--is not based in any real world experience playing games on various builds. Furthermore, it's based on a myth that computer manufacturers have been perpetuating for years. The worst thing computer makers would want is for their customers to be tech savvy enough to know how to extend the life of their computers another few years with an inexpensive $100-$120 upgrade. They would rather convince people that every time you're ready to play a brand new title on an old or budget machine, it would be better to drop $1200 on a whole new machine than check the specs and see whether all the machine needs is more RAM or a more powerful card.
    They make bicycles for light riding tasks and ones for heavier sports. I live in the mountains and I don't ride bikes as a hobby. If I needed a bike where I live I could not buy one at Walmart. I would have to buy a mountain bike that is designed to handle biking on mountain roads. This bike would be more expensive than buying a bike at Walmart for riding on flat roads.

I never talked in my earlier response about people living in mountains and mountain biking as a hobby. I was talking specifically about people who just want to zip around campus or go down to the local grocery store--i.e, those "light riding tasks" that you mentioned. Those people will often be told that they have to go out and get the most expensive bike that money can buy when it's not necessary.

And it's the same with TS4. TS4 does not need a super duper, expensive desktops to play because it is not a high end title. Laptops can play the game, but the specs have to be met and the player might have to sacrifice a little something (like lowered graphics settings) to have the game run smoothly.

Seriously? If he rides it as a sport is because he obviously loves it a lot. He is not forced to, or his job, he just does it cause he really loves it. I mean if he needed a bike to move around he would need a Walmart bike, it's like when a person has a computer just to work and needs it for excel or power point, in that case you don't need a high end computer or a desktop.

Ummm I don't think you've been on this threads then, a lot of people have issues with TS4 cause their computers can't run it, I've been playing the sims since it came out and I always end up with some computer guy trying to help me out with the computer, especially with TS and TS2. TS4 is not like running minecraft, it does require a good computer if you want to run it smoothly, high setting and without it over heating. Sure the OP can play the game like this for now, my laptop did too and it slowly started having issues till it ended up overheating like crazy. If you think the OP will be able to play TS4 and it's additions in ultra setting on that laptop for like at least 3 years, then I think you clearly have forgotten what laptops are like, except gaming ones. My biggest issue with my laptop was the integrated graphic card and the cooling system, it's what usually happens to laptops, or what I've seen in these forums.
    21mbz47.jpg
    edited March 2017
    @ts1depot

You ask Orchid a question. I understood her bike story. Apparently you did not. You comment came out of left field for me.

a sport can be a hobby

EA put laptop mode for those who choose to play on laptop or lower end desktop to help take the stress off a low end computer. The requirements on the box and origin web are desktop hardware. Being an experienced sims player. It is wise to own a computer that meets recommended requirements to survive the game since they will keep adding more and the game is not complete.

If you are that knowledgeable about computers like you claim you would know better than to tell someone to buy a laptop that does not meet recommended requirements for desktop since laptop processor and video card can not be upgraded and weaker than desktop.

The recommended requirements for this game ( and to survive the game with all the add ons) are a mid range gaming desktop.

RECOMMENDED SPECS:
    PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster, AMD Athlon X4
    VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
    MEMORY: 4 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: 15 GB of Hard Drive space

We had a different thread going with OP. We gave them a desktop that meets recommended requirements to run this game that ran $600-700. They insist they wanted a laptop. Laptops that meet requirements to run this game are more expensive. OP chose to buy an integrated laptop that does not meet the requirements rather than the desktop we gave them that meet all requirements. They will find out the hard way their laptop will eventually not be able to run this game.

Like Orchid stated above me. Your not in tech here every day to see how many low end laptops can no longer run the game. I am here every day and would never advise someone to buy a low end laptop to run this game. It's sad when I have to tell people reading their DxDiag their computer does not meet requirements. Why they are having so much game trouble and can no longer play. I then have to advise them to buy a new computer if they want to continue to play. This is the bad part about buying laptops that don't meet requirements or buying low end desktops that can't be upgraded.
  • destiny_simmer1destiny_simmer1 Posts: 1 New Member
    hey! thanks for sharing your experience. what computer do you have? i am also looking for something affordable that will allow me to play the sims 4. please respond! :)