The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    bee1977 wrote: »
    I posted in my own discussion, but looks like I probably should have posted here. I downloaded and installed MCCC but the MCCC command center is not showing up in my game. Do I even have the right version installed? (I think I have 3.9.0). It shows that they are installed in the startup, but the option for the command center is not showing up when I click on either my sim or the computer in-game. Please help!

You need the latest version. We're on version 3.9.6 now - you can get it free here:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

I did try that version as well, but it still did not give me the MCCC command center as an option. What else ya got? :D

Apologies if these questions seem obvious but best to check! Did you unzip the folder and extract the script and package files to your mods folder? How many folders deep is it? Did you tick 'enable script mods' in the game's settings?

No apologies needed :) I did unzip the folder and extract the script & package files to my mods folder. When you ask "how many folders deep is it" do you mean if I put them in a sub-folder? If so, then no. They are right in my main mods folder. And I have confirmed that "enable script mods" are ticked off in the game settings.

When I start up the game, it shows that the mods are "installed" but when I go into a saved game, I don't get the notification for MCCC command center, or have the MCCC command center option. So frustrating!!!

Have you taken all your other mods out, just leaving MC in, in case something is conflicting with it?

I believe I have done so, I will have to double check. The only mods that I had downloaded and installed was the door lock mod, and the buyable cars mod (i believe it's called). But I have nothing else in ways of mods in the folder. Maybe i'll remove all mods, download and install MCCC again and try that and see what happens.

To be abosluteley sure you are downloading the correct one, here is a direct link to the latest version.
    This is on Patreon yes, but You do not need to have a subscription or even an account to download.
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I posted in my own discussion, but looks like I probably should have posted here. I downloaded and installed MCCC but the MCCC command center is not showing up in my game. Do I even have the right version installed? (I think I have 3.9.0). It shows that they are installed in the startup, but the option for the command center is not showing up when I click on either my sim or the computer in-game. Please help!

You need the latest version. We're on version 3.9.6 now - you can get it free here:

I did try that version as well, but it still did not give me the MCCC command center as an option. What else ya got? :D

Apologies if these questions seem obvious but best to check! Did you unzip the folder and extract the script and package files to your mods folder? How many folders deep is it? Did you tick 'enable script mods' in the game's settings?

No apologies needed :) I did unzip the folder and extract the script & package files to my mods folder. When you ask "how many folders deep is it" do you mean if I put them in a sub-folder? If so, then no. They are right in my main mods folder. And I have confirmed that "enable script mods" are ticked off in the game settings.

When I start up the game, it shows that the mods are "installed" but when I go into a saved game, I don't get the notification for MCCC command center, or have the MCCC command center option. So frustrating!!!

Have you taken all your other mods out, just leaving MC in, in case something is conflicting with it?

I believe I have done so, I will have to double check. The only mods that I had downloaded and installed was the door lock mod, and the buyable cars mod (i believe it's called). But I have nothing else in ways of mods in the folder. Maybe i'll remove all mods, download and install MCCC again and try that and see what happens.

If removing any other mods doesn't help, have a look at the troubleshooting suggestions here:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Disclaimer:This will propably be a long and boring post with way too many questions, but I hope there's someone out there who'd be willing to take the time to guide me through this. I beg for your forgiveness beforehand.

Ok. So I have played Sims 4 as vanilla so far. Now I'm starting to get really upset about the lack of story progression and need for household management and cycling to keep things feeling alive and well. Currently playing with long lifespan because of all the monitoring needed, but it's starting to get boring. My main household seems to achieve too much and the monitored neighbourhood households too little. It is not rewarding and it's not feeling balanced.

I played sims 3 with mods and cc but found it problematic over time because of all the bugs and glitches and so decided not to go there with 4. But now I have been spending a couple nights reading about MCCC and this seems to be the only mod I would need atm (also a bit more)! So I'm really interested. But doubtful.

The problem is that I'm a complete newbie when it comes to modding Sims4 and the amount of guides etc is overwhelming. I'm running the game on Macbook and with OS X and the game has been working like a dream: only minor glitches and bugs and the load times have been ok. No big issues so far. And I really want to keep it that way. I sometimes still have nightmares of the 3rds load times and crashing...

I'd really appreciate a link or two that would help me through the installation and use of MC Command Center on Mac. I don't have the time or patience to try to find those in this jungle of information (some is obviously outdated, some I can't figure out and most concern pc users). I would love this to be written like MCCC for dummies, you know? If that's even possible.

Then the questions:
    - How safe am I with this mod? What I've read they say it should not cause any issues whatsoever.
    - What happens with the new patches? If I install MCCC should I delete it every time theres a new patch and wait for a new version/hotfix? I don't keep auto-patching on even now.
    - How to unzip on mac? I played sims 3 on pc and have not needed to unzip anything on this macbook. Or is the unzip needed? I tried to find the info on some page and someone said no need to unzip on mac and... Ahh, I have no idea what I'm doing... :neutral:
    - I'm a bit baffled with the amount of content in this mod and feel that I don't need all of it. Will it add everything in my game automatically or will I be choosing the content I need?
    - is the mod easily and thoroughly deletable if it should be causing issues or I should have other reasons not to like it?

I really love The Sims, been playing since the first and I grieve that we don't have proper story progression in the game. If that's fixable with this mod... well, I guess I'm ready for it! Like whatever it takes :smiley:
    If it is needed of me to read a million pages of info about mods and cc in the 4th, then let me know. Now I'm just being lazy and couch potato and asking you guys for help <3

Thanks in advance for anyone reading and willing to answer!

Yours sincerely,
    adduapina
    origin ID: adduapina
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    I won't try to answer all of your questions, first off. I don't know ANYTHING about a Mac. I have played with the MCCC mod for a couple of months or so, now. I was also late to the party, even though my Sims3 was loaded with NRaas, Industries (Twallen) mods. This one was designed after Master Controller. What I can tell you is I haven't yet played to capacity with all this mod can do. I can also say, it doesn't just take over your game. You'll have to click on your Sims' computer and from there choose what you want this mod to do. I use it primarily to allow for a larger household than the game allots. It's good that you don't allow for the game to just automatically update. Although, generally speaking, EA will disable script mods upon updating, (requiring the player to load their lot and then from there enable them again), this was the first time we got a major announcement that this patch for C & D was a mod-breaker. I immediately went in and reset Origin to disallow the auto-update. That way when it dropped I could pull my Mods folder, first. The other thing to know about this particular mod is that Deaderpool is really quick to update it when necessary. This latest one is the last 'hotfix' before he works on the next version.

I'm certain someone else far more knowledgeable than me will come along to better answer your questions.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member
    adduapina wrote: »
    Disclaimer:This will propably be a long and boring post with way too many questions, but I hope there's someone out there who'd be willing to take the time to guide me through this. I beg for your forgiveness beforehand.

Ok. So I have played Sims 4 as vanilla so far. Now I'm starting to get really upset about the lack of story progression and need for household management and cycling to keep things feeling alive and well. Currently playing with long lifespan because of all the monitoring needed, but it's starting to get boring. My main household seems to achieve too much and the monitored neighbourhood households too little. It is not rewarding and it's not feeling balanced.

I played sims 3 with mods and cc but found it problematic over time because of all the bugs and glitches and so decided not to go there with 4. But now I have been spending a couple nights reading about MCCC and this seems to be the only mod I would need atm (also a bit more)! So I'm really interested. But doubtful.

The problem is that I'm a complete newbie when it comes to modding Sims4 and the amount of guides etc is overwhelming. I'm running the game on Macbook and with OS X and the game has been working like a dream: only minor glitches and bugs and the load times have been ok. No big issues so far. And I really want to keep it that way. I sometimes still have nightmares of the 3rds load times and crashing...

I'd really appreciate a link or two that would help me through the installation and use of MC Command Center on Mac. I don't have the time or patience to try to find those in this jungle of information (some is obviously outdated, some I can't figure out and most concern pc users). I would love this to be written like MCCC for dummies, you know? If that's even possible.

Then the questions:
    - How safe am I with this mod? What I've read they say it should not cause any issues whatsoever.
    - What happens with the new patches? If I install MCCC should I delete it every time theres a new patch and wait for a new version/hotfix? I don't keep auto-patching on even now.
    - How to unzip on mac? I played sims 3 on pc and have not needed to unzip anything on this macbook. Or is the unzip needed? I tried to find the info on some page and someone said no need to unzip on mac and... Ahh, I have no idea what I'm doing... :neutral:
    - I'm a bit baffled with the amount of content in this mod and feel that I don't need all of it. Will it add everything in my game automatically or will I be choosing the content I need?
    - is the mod easily and thoroughly deletable if it should be causing issues or I should have other reasons not to like it?

I really love The Sims, been playing since the first and I grieve that we don't have proper story progression in the game. If that's fixable with this mod... well, I guess I'm ready for it! Like whatever it takes :smiley:
    If it is needed of me to read a million pages of info about mods and cc in the 4th, then let me know. Now I'm just being lazy and couch potato and asking you guys for help <3

Thanks in advance for anyone reading and willing to answer!

Yours sincerely,
    adduapina

Welcome to MCCC :)

I don't have a MAC but I looked up how to unzip zip files and it looks like it is the same for PC users meaning, double click the zip file, it should then open so that you can see what is in the file, mark all, then just drag and drop into your mods folder.

"How safe am I with this mod? What I've read they say it should not cause any issues whatsoever."
    True, this mod is very safe and DP updates it quite often.

"What happens with the new patches? If I install MCCC should I delete it every time theres a new patch and wait for a new version/hotfix? I don't keep auto-patching on even now."
    It depends on the patch, if it is small, MCCC is usually still ok to use, if it a big patch like the pre patch for C&D then MCCC most likely will break, the best thing to do is either check this thread or check MCCC's Tumblr page for any info and updates.

"I'm a bit baffled with the amount of content in this mod and feel that I don't need all of it. Will it add everything in my game automatically or will I be choosing the content I need?"
    MCCC is a big mod but you don't need all of it in your game, there are 12 different modules to choose from, You said you would like some sort of story progression which is mostly handled in the MC Population and the MC Pregnancy modules so you will need at least those 2 modules in your game plus the MC Command Center module as this is the main module and no other modules will work without this one. When you DL MCCC it comes with all 12 of these modules but just highlight, drag and drop the modules you want into your mods folder.

"Is the mod easily and thoroughly deletable if it should be causing issues or I should have other reasons not to like it?"
    You can delete MCCC at anytime you wish with no harm being done, I would suggest that if/when you delete any mod/cc from your game you also delete your localthumbcache file, this file collects junk and is not needed in your game, it will generate a new one so no problems.

I would strongly suggest you read up on MCCC and all it can do and install instructions here

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/ click under Documentation for a list of all modules and what they do, click under help for install instructions, troubleshooting and FAQ

Good luck, I hope you enjoy the mod, any other questions feel free to ask here or go to our Discord channel where you will get real time help from our support staff. The Discord link is in my signature.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Thank you GalacticGal for your quick response! This was both useful and appreciated.
    I've been studying MCCC for a while after I started to lose the pleasure of playing because of the excessive amount of work to keep my neighborhoods nice and clean and as I want them to be (I'd totally have the Perfectionist trait), so I've understood this is a really thorough mod. I actually kind of like the idea that they reset it every time, that should degrade the issue/glitch/bug frequency.
    I also scrolled through Deaderpools tumblr for this mod and he(?) really seemed to be quickly responding to all issues.

One more question: so you control MCCC only in-game (only on live mode?) on the computer? On any household/lot?

-addu
    origin ID: adduapina
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    edited November 2017
    adduapina wrote: »
    [...] One more question: so you control MCCC only in-game (only on live mode?) on the computer? On any household/lot? [...]

You only have access to the MCCC menus in live mode. There are no MCCC menus in build/buy mode or CAS.

There are three different MCCC menus connected to different in game items.

- Computer or tablet: Main menu for the general settings, which have mostly game wide effects affecting every sim or household.
    - Sim: Settings which control this particular sim. Very useful are the flags, which allow you to define exceptions from the game wide settings.
    - Mailbox on lot: Cheat menu to alter different settings for this particular household. Btw mailboxes can be also placed on public lots in S4.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Join our Discord MCCC community for
    • live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users
    • live chat with some well-known Mod creators
    • live support from the legendary MCCC support team!
    • live support even from MCCC creator Deaderpool
    https://discord.gg/6FZKXKr (Discord App use optional, but not required!)
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    This is a long thread so I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I have a bit of a problem with MCCC, specifically the pregnancy module. My male sim was impregnated by aliens but the pregnancy module of MCCC (I'm using the most recent version, 3.9.6) prevents the baby from being born an alien. Whether I have the baby delivered at home or the hospital, it's a human. When I take the pregnancy module out, the baby turns out to be an alien. I tested this several times both with and without the module and the results are always the same.
    The pregnancy module also seems to prevent the gender-affecting actions (eating carrots/strawberries, listening to alternative/pop stations) from having an effect, because every time my sim gave birth to the baby with the pregnancy module in the game it was a girl, and every time with the module taken out it was a boy (I had my sim eat a lot of carrots during the pregnancy because I was trying to have a boy without cheating).

I would like to keep using the pregnancy module because I use it to increase the pregnancy duration, so I hope it can be fixed at some point! :)

(Also I was wondering, if the pregnancy mod disables the normal in-game methods of affecting the baby's gender, does it also disable the normal in-game methods of increasing the chances of having twins or triplets? Apparently normally you should be able to increase the likelihood of having more than one baby through certain actions, but they never seem to work for me, and now with this it occurred to me whether it could be because of this module.)
    edited November 2017
    Peruna wrote: »
    This is a long thread so I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but I have a bit of a problem with MCCC, specifically the pregnancy module...

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't use these functions intentionally in my game play, so I can't say anything about your question. But I asked on our MCCC Discord server, and this is @Deaderpool's answer:
    Deaderpool wrote:
    Yes, someone asked almost this exact same thing here [...]. I told them that most likely, they have maximum aliens set to a number that they now how that many or more aliens in their world, so any babies born will not be aliens. That's exactly what that setting says it will do.

Also I told them it could be a setting in their custom pregnancy percentages if they're using that feature of MC Occult.

MCCC works exactly the same as EA functionality for determining male and female offspring based on the music/fruit/whatever that the pregnant Sim is exposed to. It does not use anything to determine the number of offspring other than the space available in the household and the maximum number of offspring. The higher that number, the greater the chances of multiples. The lower that number, the greater the chance of singles.

It doesn't use "fertility" to make a higher chance for multiples. It also uses no lot traits.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions like these come over to Discord.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    @Bonxie Thank you very much for the reply! I looked through my MCCC settings and I have maximum aliens set at the default, -1 ie. no limit, so that shouldn't have affected it. Also that setting is in the occult module, not in the pregnancy module, and when I was testing things I only removed the pregnancy module, no other MCCC modules. Also like I said the baby's gender was also affected by the presence of the pregnancy module.

(Also I'm very sorry for posting about this here instead of Discord, I don't have Discord and don't really know how to use it. It's totally cool if you don't want to answer any questions here, just wanted to bring this issue up. Thanks again for the reply!)
    Peruna wrote: »
    @Bonxie Thank you very much for the reply! I looked through my MCCC settings and I have maximum aliens set at the default, -1 ie. no limit, so that shouldn't have affected it. Also that setting is in the occult module, not in the pregnancy module, and when I was testing things I only removed the pregnancy module, no other MCCC modules. Also like I said the baby's gender was also affected by the presence of the pregnancy module.

(Also I'm very sorry for posting about this here instead of Discord, I don't have Discord and don't really know how to use it. It's totally cool if you don't want to answer any questions here, just wanted to bring this issue up. Thanks again for the reply!)

You dont need the Discord app to join the chat.
    Just click the link below and you will be directed to a web based version. :)
    https://discord.gg/vQdU7aS

• Stacey149478Stacey149478 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi there,

I've been trying to download the MC Command Center & I'm just not having any luck. I'm on a Mac. I've gone to the site, downloaded All Modules Version 3.9.0, moved it over to my Mods folder, went to my game (have both boxes under Game Options marked) and it's not there....not under my sim, or her computer....idk what I'm missing. Could someone please help me troubleshoot?
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Hi there,

I've been trying to download the MC Command Center & I'm just not having any luck. I'm on a Mac. I've gone to the site, downloaded All Modules Version 3.9.0, moved it over to my Mods folder, went to my game (have both boxes under Game Options marked) and it's not there....not under my sim, or her computer....idk what I'm missing. Could someone please help me troubleshoot?

Try downloading 3.9.6 instead:

Before extracting all the files to the mods folder, be sure you completely delete all of the older MCCC files (do not overwrite/replace them with the newer ones), then run the game, exit, then run the game again and check if it's there.
    edited November 2017
    Eirhart wrote: »
    ...Before extracting all the files to the mods folder, be sure you completely delete all of the older MCCC files (do not overwrite/replace them with the newer ones), then run the game, exit, then run the game again and check if it's there.

@Stacey149478 @Eirhart
    Don't delete the mc_settings.cfg file!
    It contains your custom settings of MCCC.
    If you keep it, you don't have to start over again with your settings.
  • Stacey149478Stacey149478 Posts: 2 New Member
    That worked, thanks a lot!!!!!
  • RassRass Posts: 29 Member
    Hi there,

I need some help with the dresser and the population modules, Version is 4.0.0.1.

I play in German and the translation is sometimes confusing ;)

I thought with the option "only use saved dresses" and under "Situations - Citywalk (translated from German) - daydresses" the Sims on the Streets around my Sims houses only uses daytime dresses from their own wardrobe.
    It seems not.
    I recognized, that played Sims uses one of their wardrobe (not the daydress) but non played uses a random created.

Since I´ve installed the population and pregnancy module there are only Vampires in the streets at night, is it like that?

Hope it is understandable what I mean ;)
    4.0 is still under development, and I dont think anyone here can answer questions regarding the features in there.
    That said, you are more then welcome to join the creators Discord for further help on the matter.
    https://discord.gg/vQdU7aS
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Hi, I was just wondering if there are any known issues with story progression? I kept my saved settings through all the hotfixes but I've noticed that unlike before, none of the townies seem to be having babies by themselves and keeping the population going. Maybe I just haven't given it enough time yet, but I was wondering if there were any known issues with this as I know EA have some glitches with the new maximum sims feature and didn't know if that could have affected something?
    samemie wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering if there are any known issues with story progression? I kept my saved settings through all the hotfixes but I've noticed that unlike before, none of the townies seem to be having babies by themselves and keeping the population going. Maybe I just haven't given it enough time yet, but I was wondering if there were any known issues with this as I know EA have some glitches with the new maximum sims feature and didn't know if that could have affected something?

My townies are getting married, having kids. Have you double-checked your settings? Are you on the correct version: 3.9.6?
    edited November 2017

My townies are getting married, having kids. Have you double-checked your settings? Are you on the correct version: 3.9.6?

I definitely have 3.9.6, and I'm fairly sure my settings are unchanged (they are in the places I've checked at least). Sorry for being dumb, but remind me exactly where the setting I'm looking for is? I've had a look at MC pregnancy on the computer which seems to be fine. The pregnancy percentage is set at 0 but I figured that was okay and normal, since it goes from -100 to 100. The only other thing I can think of is that I have it set to bypass my played households and I'm wondering if I messed it up by favouriting some of the townie households. They're still considered unplayed by the game, but maybe MCCC considers them played?

I definitely have 3.9.6, and I'm fairly sure my settings are unchanged (they are in the places I've checked at least). Sorry for being dumb, but remind me exactly where the setting I'm looking for is? I've had a look at MC pregnancy on the computer which seems to be fine. The pregnancy percentage is set at 0 but I figured that was okay and normal, since it goes from -100 to 100. The only other thing I can think of is that I have it set to bypass my played households and I'm wondering if I messed it up by favouriting some of the townie households. They're still considered unplayed by the game, but maybe MCCC considers them played?

Pregnancies are in the Pregnancy module > Pregnant sim selection > Pregnancy percent adjustment: I have mine set to 2.
    Marriage is also in the Pregnancy module > Marriage sim selection > Marriage percent adjustment: I have mine set to 33.
    I don't bypass played households (set to 'disabled'), and MC is marrying off both favourited and unfavourited households, so I don't think it's that. How often have you got it set to run marriage and pregnancy checks? For pregnancies, I have it set to Tuesdays and Saturdays, and for marriages, Mondays and Fridays.

Pregnancies are in the Pregnancy module > Pregnant sim selection > Pregnancy percent adjustment: I have mine set to 2.
    Marriage is also in the Pregnancy module > Marriage sim selection > Marriage percent adjustment: I have mine set to 33.
    I don't bypass played households (set to 'disabled'), and MC is marrying off both favourited and unfavourited households, so I don't think it's that. How often have you got it set to run marriage and pregnancy checks? For pregnancies, I have it set to Tuesdays and Saturdays, and for marriages, Mondays and Fridays.

Not sure, I'll check tomorrow when I open up my game. Looks like I'll have to fiddle around with the settings a bit, do some trial and error to get it back to how I want.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Post CnD Patch Recovery (Sims 4/MCCC) (Posted originally on Tumblr)

The most common problem we have seen recently on Deaderpool’s Support Discord for MC Command Center has been version mismatches between Sims 4 and the mod. MCCC 3.9.0 was for game version 1.35 (pre Cats and Dogs patch).

If your game is patched to 1.36.104 you need MCCC 3.9.6 from here:

Hotfixes and Public Releases of MCCC are always available as Free posts on Patreon. You don’t need to Subscribe for those.
    If you Follow the page, you will receive an Email whenever an update is posted. (I think that’s a neat feature.) 4.0.0 will be out for all soon. If you choose not to subscribe/follow, check back in a few days.

If MCCC 3.9.6 is giving you a mc_cmd_center log error, redownload and reinstall. There was a bug in the early release, fixed later the same evening.

If you can’t get MCCC to work, my best tip is to try it with ONLY MCCC and Resource.cfg in your /Mods folder. Drop everything else into a temporary folder on your Desktop, delete the localthumbcache.package from Sims 4, and try it that way.

We have Installation and Troubleshooting pages, here:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/installation (includes video link)

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/troubleshooting

We’ve seen a lot of “broken cc” errors. Download Sims4Studio’s latest version (Windows or Mac), and run ALL the Object batch fixes. Also, check out the CAS batch fixes, there are several there to choose between.

http://sims4studio.com/board/31/downloading-installing-sims-4-studio

http://sims4studio.com/thread/562/sims-studio-windows-wishes-open

http://sims4studio.com/thread/6065/sims-studio-candy-apple-open

Any Script mod from before the first November patch is NOT likely to still work. Please remove all of those, and check for updates.

Earlier Package mods are “use at your own risk” now, but some are still working. Check for updates, check their comments, test, and save often.

It may also be worth your time to browse through MCCC’s Documentation and see if it already covers mods you’ve been using. Start here:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/overview

Ongoing post-patch maintenance and upkeep is the price we all have to pay, for choosing to use mods and custom content in our games.

Discord: General Chat: https://discord.gg/BBFphPu
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    @egwarhammer I wasn't trying to offend you. Just stating my feelings about it, which your 'wall of text' has done nothing to change. I do realize that it was the vast amounts of cash being pulled in by the WW mod that has started this trend. DP is not the only modder to go that route, sad to say. But I don't like it. I don't like it one little bit. I think it sets a horrible precedent for a game like this, one that REQUIRES mods to be playable for a lot of people. I just wanted to put in my two cents about it all since I think there is a whole other side to this business.

And just to be clear, it is not the fact that he accepts donations that I have an issue with; I have never had an issue with voluntary donations. It's the reciprocal deal where you give people an incentive to contribute by providing them something that others don't get. I understand you see nothing wrong with that, and that's as it may be. We'll just have to agree to disagree. And I now bow out of this thread as it's not my intention to derail it.

So then make your own mods.
    Oh wait you probably cant because its hard AF and takes a huge investment of time.
    If someone can earn a living doing what they enjoy, they should. Regardless of how entitled total strangers feel.
    DP doesnt have to share his mods AT ALL. He could just make them for himself instead. Good thing for us he shares them.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I remember the story progression mod in TS3 having to have its settings changed for each game save. Do the settings i set for MCCC apply accross the board or do i have to adjust settings for every single save like i did before?
    This is my very first time venturing off of vanilla play for TS4 so im all fragile and terrified lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top