Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited October 2017
    samemie wrote: »
    Hey, sorry if this is a silly question I was just wondering about it is all. I've only been using MCCC a few months so haven't used it when we've had a new EP or big update or anything. I know when we have patches and stuff it's usually very very quick to be updated if it's necessary (and very quick to tell us if an update is not necessary), but how long does it usually take to be updated after an EP?

Also, if I were to play the game with the new EP before the mod gets updated... I mean, is that a good idea? If I remove the mod from my folder temporarily would I lose my settings? Or should I just wait to play the game until the mod gets updated?

I would recommend to deactivate 'Automatic Updates' in Origin to prevent your game from being patched. If you do so, there will be a only an icon on your S4-tile in your Origin game library, saying that there is an update available and you should install it. With this option it's up to you to decide, when it's the best time to update your game.

With 'Automatic Updates' deactivated you can wait until @Deaderpool (or any other author) releases his new mod version and announce that's now save to install the patch. I do it this way since the game was released in September 2014 and it's really no problem. It's one additional mouse click, but I really like to be the one, who decides, what happens on my computer. I always wait until it's save to patch the game.

Regarding the MC settings, you only have to back up the mc_settings.cfg file from your mod folder. In this file all your settings are stored and if such a file is available after you copied the new MCCC files, the mod will use these settings instead of creating a new one. As long as you don't delete the 'mc_settings.cfg' file, everything you customized is save, also during MCCC updates.

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #AutomaticUpdates #mc_settings.cfg
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    verlainem wrote: »
    At work so really can't play but not busy (can't use Discord at work)
    I am wondering how the change max sim in the household works. I tried it yesterday with Atticus to try to move most of his redheaded babies and toddlers into his apartment. I was worried as they were in unplayed households and no toddler items in those places.
    So I was able to move 1 parent and 4 toddlers in with A and his toddler G. That was a total of 7. I change the max to 12 and wanted to move Nina C with her baby and toddler into the apartment as well. I kept getting the 8 limit message.

The only way to have more than 8 sims in a household ist to use the sim_move command from the command line.
    • Got to the household you want to expand (this is now your active household)
    • Open the command line with CTRL - SHIFT - C
    • Type 'sim_move <first_name> <last_name> TO <household_name>' (Example: 'sim_move Johnny Zest TO Vatore')
    • Alternatively you can type 'sim_move <first_name> <last_name> TO active', if you want to add a sim to your active household
    The 'sim_move' command will move an inactive Sim from their current household to the household specified by “household_name”. If “active” is entered for household_name, then the Sim will be moved into the active household. Only works as long as there is room in the household based on the “Maximum Household Size” setting, and as long as there are not multiple households with the target household name, and as long as the specified Sim is not active.

✘ Attention! Take extra care when using CAS. Entering CAS the normal way to edit a family > 8 will delete every member from above that threshold.

If you want to edit a sim in a family > 8, always use the MCCC command from the SIM MCCC Menu:
    Click on SIM:MC Command Center > Sim Commands > Modify in CAS

Check the setting of COMPUTER:MC Command Center > MCCC Settings > Gameplay Settings > Maximum Household Size

Make a backup of your game profile (...\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) before you start. Backup is always a good idea, even without a special reason.

#MCCC #FullHouse
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    @Bonxie, Thanks, might be easier to move Nina and her two to the apartment next door and play them. lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    taydev wrote: »
    Is there a way for mccc to stop making townie sims friends with my sims? The townies always show up in the relationship panel even though there has been no interaction between them.

No, unfortunately there is no way to stop this.

But you can unfriend your sim with any townie, if you click on the lower righthand side menu bar on the relationship icon. Search for the sim you want to forget, click on the picture and choose 'MC Command Center' from the pie menu.
    y4m-0hxZ7VhSqZ7LGoIR9rfWkfY3QNQsWifrXLP4ySg7DteMtGo517zH_HibR175MoMxO12oyy-mF3tcSmdl5duwUz-6RdFIxzZNPpSzc8wQfRIh50f51PF3sllR2buPRjYrFZ9mNTf9GI9DqxQmRQD2HvXC4nL7je7-i7V7TWsZ5wFsCzNL3WhEg6U8j2MX7P22ANBA0ccvJKeOct9fda6Dw?width=746&height=353&cropmode=none

You well now see a menu like this. Choose 'Forget Active Sim'.
    y4mDsIqNCW8K3iaIkiQqpwP088pF9zuj8CvIu9VTR6CQ3qD9HsbpsaEmBvGkuFrlShw7sntNG45ddvDaS3xzhMtpo6Ky0jz_FEhWITzGPbWt4gkckrWtbC2Mk_ExnBeMDLsV5035oFS0_De5selsp4g-NJET6tV7el0pK8jgh3J3L4Op98pW8YkFMZ4yI5QZUVjTe9enJmh3NMgajPenyWZkw?width=403&height=491&cropmode=none

There will be another menu like this. Make your choice:
    y4mpHXvpBqa1B48zWMGCG6MsqOlgiDl8BN7RSVOgqMayqXhkGbUs9-xsCTxGoa1_bf8cYMVK4MohOrxrYzaWBVMFQFPwCvzC-XJzdQyZkP3KCRxQNwWj8zMIakB468HwPONWUoR8doIus5nF79qpcHuCJ0E3MsNZ1eTLpekkSvvvFA9KJHc6H2CVqqsxtsxMMTmKJH1wX54EoTl-4cYh52AFg?width=404&height=379&cropmode=none

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #ForgetSim

Thank you!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Not allowed to have a Sim get pregnant if the 8 slots are already filled? I'm going to put those other mods back in my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Got it, thanks @itsug and @Bonxie :)
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Not allowed to have a Sim get pregnant if the 8 slots are already filled? I'm going to put those other mods back in my game.

Yes, you can. You can also add sims if you have debug cheats on by right clicking and adding to household. I recently had 20 sims in a household. Part were born and part were husbands or wives married in by adding them.
  • Options
    MorpharMorphar Posts: 140 Member
    edited October 2017

With default value of 8 you can still move in sims by shift-click cheat but you can not expand the household by pregnancies.
    “Maximum Household Size” settings will enable "Try for baby" up to the set value. No need for other mods.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Morphar wrote: »

With default value of 8 you can still move in sims by shift-click cheat but you can not expand the household by pregnancies.
    “Maximum Household Size” settings will enable "Try for baby" up to the set value. No need for other mods.

Oh, cool. That's what I needed to hear. Thanks!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Finally weekend :)

Looking forward to patching my game and getting that risky vampirism! I will have a lot of fun with that >:):wink:
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Finally weekend :)

Looking forward to patching my game and getting that risky vampirism! I will have a lot of fun with that >:):wink:

Hello :) I hope that you enjoy your weekend! Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    SylvanGladiatorSylvanGladiator Posts: 74 Member
    I am trying to change the Game Time Speed settings and whenever I change the settings and reload the game, the current household time jumps ahead several days. So like, if it was Friday for the current household, I change game time speed settings, close the game, and reload, the day will now be tuesday for the current household. Is there a way to alter the Game Time Speed settings without losing days?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I am trying to change the Game Time Speed settings and whenever I change the settings and reload the game, the current household time jumps ahead several days. So like, if it was Friday for the current household, I change game time speed settings, close the game, and reload, the day will now be tuesday for the current household. Is there a way to alter the Game Time Speed settings without losing days?

Did you post the same question on Discord? If not, there was almost the same question recently.

Answer was:
    ...that's normal, the first time you load after a Game Time Speed adjustment [...] it only happens the one time...
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Regarding yesterday's Sims 4 patch (PC Version 1.35.10.1010 / Mac Version 1.35.10.1210)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 3.8.0

There have been no issues with MCCC or any of its modules due to the patch released today by EA for the Sims 4. It was a very minor patch, as EA themselves described in their patch notes.

Join our Discord MCCC community for
    • live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users
    • live chat even with MCCC creator @Deaderpool
    • live support from the legendary MC support team!
    https://discord.gg/Fjq8QUj (Discord App use optional, but not required!)

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Regarding yesterday's Sims 4 patch (PC Version 1.35.10.1010 / Mac Version 1.35.10.1210)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 3.8.0

There have been no issues with MCCC or any of its modules due to the patch released today by EA for the Sims 4. It was a very minor patch, as EA themselves described in their patch notes.

Join our Discord MCCC community for
    • live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users
    • live chat even with MCCC creator @Deaderpool
    • live support from the legendary MC support team!

#MCCC #Patch #Update

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I was so caught up in other projects yesterday, I never even came over to these forums to see what was new! Today, I came and saw that yesterday was Patch Day. I pulled my Mods folder, even though they turn off the script when patching. I want to ask, is it safe now that the download has been installed, for me to return my Mods folder to the documents folder? I don't like playing without the mod, or it wouldn't be an issue. Please, and thank you, in advance. Nevermind, I can see in the threads above this one, there doesn't appear to be any issues. :)
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Yes! No problems reported on Deaderpool's Tumblr, and none on Discord as far as I can see today, so go for it :)
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Question on how the no jealousy works in MCCC? I am not sure if I have it set correctly? I seem to have jealous sims. I was hoping to do a polygamous family but the intended spouses get jealous of each other. Then I have to work extremely hard to get the relationships back
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    verlainem wrote: »
    Question on how the no jealousy works in MCCC? I am not sure if I have it set correctly? I seem to have jealous sims. I was hoping to do a polygamous family but the intended spouses get jealous of each other. Then I have to work extremely hard to get the relationships back

Be aware that there are some exceptions.

If Computer:MC Woohoo > Woohoo Reactions > No Jealousy is enabled, romantic relationships do not trigger jealousy in other Sims.

Note that if a Sim has the 'Jealousy' trait or if a club situation is having where jealousy is encouraged, it can override this setting.

There are also interferences with other mods, which are using the same game code ressources.

• Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Is there a way to change the default friendship level of like 50 of people living in a household like parents and siblings?
  • Options
    Is there a way to change the default friendship level of like 50 of people living in a household like parents and siblings?

If you want to change it for all 50 sims with one mouseclick, afaik there is no possibilty neither with MCCC nor with game cheats. I would change it from the relationship panel. You have to do it 50 times, but in the relationship panel you can filter the household members (doesn't matter whether they are on the lot or not) and with MCCC installed, you can pretty easy change every single releationship both romantic and friendship.
    • Click on the lower righthand side menu bar on the relationship icon.
    • Search for the sim for whom you want to change the relationship level. You can filter the list using the 5 encircled icons on the top of the table. Use the house icon for showing household members only.
    • Click on the sim's picture
    • Click on 'MC Command Center' in the pie menu:
    y4m-0hxZ7VhSqZ7LGoIR9rfWkfY3QNQsWifrXLP4ySg7DteMtGo517zH_HibR175MoMxO12oyy-mF3tcSmdl5duwUz-6RdFIxzZNPpSzc8wQfRIh50f51PF3sllR2buPRjYrFZ9mNTf9GI9DqxQmRQD2HvXC4nL7je7-i7V7TWsZ5wFsCzNL3WhEg6U8j2MX7P22ANBA0ccvJKeOct9fda6Dw?width=746&height=353&cropmode=none
    • Click 'Relationships' (last menu entry)
    • Click 'Set Active Relationship Levels)
    • Click 'Set Active Friendly' or click 'Set Active Romantic'
    • Choose the level you want to set between your active sim and the target sim.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I have normally done it that way. I just know built in it's like 50, but was hoping to make it 100.

Thank you.
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I've had MCCC for a few months now and I've noticed that a lot of the mods have stopped working for me.
    I keep getting mystery relationships (not always marriages although those are annoying too) and even more mysterious male and female pregnancies (not alien ones I checked via the pregnancy check gender etc. thingy) even though I have it turned off for unused/ households. It seems like in-spite of me turning some things off it still happens even if I restart the game afterwards.

For example, I was playing a few days ago and I noticed that one of my inactive single male sims, Sim A, had an infant daughter so I went in to check who was the baby's other parent. I checked the family tree and it showed another man, Sim B, which is fine, but Sim B was nowhere to be found on Sim A's relationship bar at all. In fact, I think Sim B has a girlfriend/fiancee. Also, Sim B is in an active family.
    I honestly forgot Sim A's name, but he lives in the expensive apartment next to the 4+ bedroom apartment. He's the one with the loud jacket. The apartment also has a piano, a fireplace, and is one story.

This has happened with my female sims as well, but the most recent happening is passed because she died of old age.

I also have single sims in active households moving out and into inactive households and taking up relations (sometimes marrying) with sims that I'm not currently using. (This is also turned off) I often have to go in, sever their relationship 100% and move the new sim back into their original home.
    These are all very annoying. Please help me.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    dessertbunnydessertbunny Posts: 8 New Member
    Somebody probably already asked on one or more of these 37 pages but I'm already overwhelmed trying to figure out this mod. I have not installed it yet and installing will be the easiest part so there's no problem there. Question, the MC Woohoo part should not be downloaded because 🐸🐸🐸🐸 took its place correct? Also, do you have an updated list on mods that are incompatible with MCCC? I found a list over a year old, I have no idea if it's currently being updated or it's an old thread for that particular time, so I don't think that one is much help. I can write down all the mods I currently have but I'm sure you have a list somewhere.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I've had MCCC for a few months now and I've noticed that a lot of the mods have stopped working for me.
    I keep getting mystery relationships (not always marriages although those are annoying too) and even more mysterious male and female pregnancies (not alien ones I checked via the pregnancy check gender etc. thingy) even though I have it turned off for unused/ households. It seems like in-spite of me turning some things off it still happens even if I restart the game afterwards...
    These are all very annoying. Please help me.

This is a bit unclear to me.

So you have problems like
    • a lot of the mods have stopped working
    • I keep getting mystery relationships and even more mysterious male and female pregnancies
    • I also have single sims in active households moving out and into inactive households and taking up relations

I guess that MCCC is setup properly and works as intended. Do you see the blue MCCC welcome screen once you enter a lot? What MCCC version do you use and is your S4 game patched to the newest patch level (1.35)?

Are you familiar with the default MCCC settings and what to change to achieve a certain behavior?

Have a look at the MCCC FAQ. It's quite helpful and there are some answers which could fit to your issues:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/help/faq

Regarding the not working mods: Do you get any messages, that there was an error logged or a 'Last Exception' occured?

Which mods in detail do not work anymore?

I would recommend you to come over to Discord for a chat:

#MCCC #Troubleshooting

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top