Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    I just started playing TS4 and downloaded the mod. I put my settings for marriage and pregnancy at 20; is that too high? What are some common settings? I think I'd like SP to have sims have children and get married more than in TS3, but not so much that my sim won't be able to find a spouse. I tried searching for common settings but there were so many pages with those words mentioned that I couldn't find anything. Thank you!!
  • Options
    itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Well, I think DPs community on discord could answer that for you.
    There is a General Chat with over a hundred active users using MCCC on there.
    Feel free to click the link below to get directly to General_chat on there.
    https://discord.gg/Fjq8QUj

Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hi

I have just installed MC for the first time and have learned how to use setting for several issued that were bothering me in game however the one thing I still don't understand is time in sims 4 and how it relates to story progression with this mod. Is it the same as 2 where families not being played remain static until we go back and play that particular family? If not it would get confusing for me as after learning to play 2 I started to create different families and teen households, some with kids, some with toddlers etc so when i fancied playing a particular scenario I could load up the game a play whatever story-line I felt like at that time.

I assume by turning ageing off that means I have made my 4 hoods kind of static? but if I turn ageing back on a tweak the ageing does this mean all other sims and families in my hood are going to progress in certain ways while I am not playing them?

could anyone tell me what the best settings might be for this?

also is there anyway to turn off vampire visits to normal sims homes and breaking in to feed?
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    Hey, can someone tell me where I can find the option for clothing choices to "stick", aka that sims stay in the outfit I chose for them in that category?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi

I have just installed MC for the first time and have learned how to use setting for several issued that were bothering me in game however the one thing I still don't understand is time in sims 4 and how it relates to story progression with this mod. Is it the same as 2 where families not being played remain static until we go back and play that particular family? If not it would get confusing for me as after learning to play 2 I started to create different families and teen households, some with kids, some with toddlers etc so when i fancied playing a particular scenario I could load up the game a play whatever story-line I felt like at that time.

I assume by turning ageing off that means I have made my 4 hoods kind of static? but if I turn ageing back on a tweak the ageing does this mean all other sims and families in my hood are going to progress in certain ways while I am not playing them?

could anyone tell me what the best settings might be for this?

also is there anyway to turn off vampire visits to normal sims homes and breaking in to feed?

Sparky, the best way to control your 'hood' is to select in the game itself, Aging On for Active Household, Only. That way, if you're playing a rotation, the Sims you're not currently playing won't age. They won't be static, as in Sims2, sadly, but they won't age either. Hope this helps.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Hi @GalacticGal

Thanks for your quick response so on the setting you suggest when I leave one sim family to go to another could things like marriages and babies happen via a type of story progression while I am away playing the other families? Just how un-static are they when they are left :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @SPARKY1922 if you set it to bypass your played households then your played sims shouldn't marry, have babies etc when you aren't playing them. You can include them if you want so they do have story progression.

When I leave my households and rotate to others they skill build when I'm not there and occasionally they used to get romantic interests but I've not noticed that good thing is with mcc you can alter any you do get.
  • Options
    Hi @MidnightAura

Could you please explain which section of the MC mod I use to do what you have suggested as I have only had the mod for just over a day and basically followed some instructions on other issues but forgot about this one I so am not sure how/which section to set this.. I like the idea of them skill building and possibly the occasional romantic interest when I am gone but not much more, I also understand we can change almost anything we like with this mod but would prefer to avoid clicking anything wrong at this point until I get a little more used to it :)

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    @SPARKY1922 For pregnancy to get it to avoid your played houses, go into mc command from the computer then pregnancy and make sure that pregnancy _bypass played households is selected. You can also turn off male pregnancy from there.

Another one to set perhaps depending on your preferences is to look in pregnancy percent adjustment which will determine how often pregnancies occur. I think if you set it -100 you wouldn't see any or very little. I never touched that setting and I see a lot of babies being born on the default setting.

Another setting I make sure is checked is pregnancy _bypass romantic interests so that sims won't get pregnant by someone else if they have a romantic interest.

• Options
    @MidnightAura

Thank you for that extra info I will copy, paste and save it until I get used to it all, I laughed because what you were saying reminded me of the first time I used the ACR sims 2 romance mod for the first time without understanding the settings properly and all of a sudden babies were everywhere haha :)
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited August 2017
    Karlia wrote: »
    Hey, can someone tell me where I can find the option for clothing choices to "stick", aka that sims stay in the outfit I chose for them in that category?

Afaik there is no setting to make the clothing 'stick', at least not when you change lots. Example: if you go from the lounge to the pool there will always be a change of clothing category. But you can use the MC Dresser outfit save function.

For particular sims, you can save outfits using the Save Outfit command in the sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim: MC Command Center > MC Dresser > Outfit Commands > Save Outfit
    y4m2_4oQFRF92DTwM4y_hS_jVooeAfMDNpc6VZWDzAqV7zoYFPk9yBr31D91Er6n7ndrGuww2p77qQQtPLbabMfmPLaROkTMjSnZmxtgzXkebQgBJy5tVBA9MQytVdCXlEzkQxzN1MDVR7bee19XEko2YFqYFey9NrA_OA1icflhK_R5To1oCnJDZtD2jsNJIOrEEXEhCGpSa23lxmu7qhmcw?width=368&height=244&cropmode=none

With the following command enabled from the MCCC computer menu you can force only saved outfits:
    Computer: MC Command Center > MC Dresser > Only Use Saved Outfits
    y4mP8BfIa0z-IjD36dpDZl5Cq27R0QIC3V9ZY24V6ExqPUDj_k71uJ6z-FrIiZD1JGus2Vv5ezXptyo6MNPhuinqOpojYJSJNvidWiuROMJDS4dmMiDClh2PYIb1PK3K6YT1TQUy1asEPPgWWSPweD8fPnS6cAYVSMWT8jgc9TRixEfA5bPBRx8N-RgZFue3EQmkVkRa8g28eIi3XHMny4G0Q?width=406&height=324&cropmode=none

There is a command at the mailbox (and you can place a mailbox also on community grounds), which you can use to change all present sims into one outfit category:
    Mailbox: MC Cheats > Change all Outfits > [category of choice]
    y4mWVHrNnvuJZu5anfwgz3AO7AY4rMD9VSiszeGf9w8zZLsFDBdDRBRMnnuRHMpPkYWSotUhawxnnugaWJPzIEwDlssKadAyUvGDtFV3qskl6mVBpqnSwYlWshwUAkFEVJBqF_NtJjOhRAblCJeK_12veZePhYaqCOcU_G7uGZMs1UV2MyGQDV07Y46x5w_t9Yqf0c8xJMVLcfhDfPVTWd0Fg?width=408&height=392&cropmode=none

MC Dresser is one of the more complex MC modules and there are a lot of useful functions like black-/white listing.
    To understand all the options you have, I highly recommend the MC dresser documentation:
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/mcdresser

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    Hi @Bonxie

I am pleased you managed to help Karlia as I noticed his/her question earlier and being very new to MC did not have a clue how to answer but now you have been kind enough to answer that question and I read what you said especially the info on using the mailbox on community lots to make sims change into designated costumes I would love to use that function but I am not sure how I would be able to designate all sims so they would all wear that certain costume when visiting the restaurant?

Would I have to visit every single sim household to designate each sim one outfit in the same category to allow me to do this such as party wear for example or is there a quicker easier way to do this via MC?

What an interesting mod it is I just need my diploma :)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Hi @Bonxie

I am pleased you managed to help Karlia as I noticed his/her question earlier and being very new to MC did not have a clue how to answer but now you have been kind enough to answer that question and I read what you said especially the info on using the mailbox on community lots to make sims change into designated costumes I would love to use that function but I am not sure how I would be able to designate all sims so they would all wear that certain costume when visiting the restaurant?

Would I have to visit every single sim household to designate each sim one outfit in the same category to allow me to do this such as party wear for example or is there a quicker easier way to do this via MC?

What an interesting mod it is I just need my diploma :)

Hi @SPARKY1922

hopefully I understood your question.

If you use the mailbox cheat command 'Change All Outfits', every sim present on the lot changes in the outfit of the chosen category. Every sim has a individual predefined outfit for each of the six categories. So if you choose for example 'Formal' at your restaurant lot, everybody will change into their individual suits and robes.

If you want your sims to wear a specific outfit, like white tuxedos for the males and black gowns for the females, you have to go into every household and have to define that special outfit.

At least that's the easy way.

With MC Dresser you have full control over your sims' outfit, but that's more complex to achieve. Let's use the white tuxedo and the black gown as an example. You can whitelist those two items for outfit category 'formal'. Then with MC Cleaner in place, everytime a sim has to change into formal outfit, he will wear the white tux resp. she will wear the black gown.

Join our Discord MCCC community for
    • live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users
    • live chat with MCCC creator @Deaderpool
    • live support from the legendary MC support team!
    https://discord.gg/Fjq8QUj (Discord App use optional, but not required!)

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

• Options
    @Bonxie Oh, I'm sorry, I am bad at explaining. I'll try a different way: If you give a sim two or more outfits in one category the sim will switch between those outfits autonomously. For example, if the sim goes to shower wearing outfit A he might choose outfit B to wear instead. In mc command center there should be a function so that if I choose for the sim to wear outfit A he will switch back into outfit A after the shower. Do you know what I mean? I'm pretty sure MC command center has a function that allows for this because the mod that does this conflicts with it.
  • Options
    @Bonxie

Thank you I am sorry I wasn't as clear as I would have liked to have been but yes the way you have described it is what I am looking for but it seems I will have to change most sims party wear to Halloween style in cas as I see them around the world bit by bit as I have a beautiful Halloween restaurant in game and although the staff wear costumes I would like my sims to as well when they turn up to eat.. I understood your explanation thank you so much :)

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @Bonxie Oh, I'm sorry, I am bad at explaining. I'll try a different way: If you give a sim two or more outfits in one category the sim will switch between those outfits autonomously. For example, if the sim goes to shower wearing outfit A he might choose outfit B to wear instead. In mc command center there should be a function so that if I choose for the sim to wear outfit A he will switch back into outfit A after the shower. Do you know what I mean? I'm pretty sure MC command center has a function that allows for this because the mod that does this conflicts with it.

Oh - sorry. I really misunderstood your question.

There are some commands for multiple outfits in each outfit category, but I'm not sure, whether there is one for your demand.
    Computer: MC Command Center > Multiple Outfit Settings
    y4mKChFQ2ZGCyn8jx4nzU1Bk_ZzuVWvkerKgUx5NIm5M79e7ctNVdHXgyDuoRGAjx_SYhdxyyqt9gGIHJOUdt5SWt3-LeL5earIhBmbZw-tQMo4i0TS3yKv6etGPovKZREwKXT_ipf5Cz1bcGwJfK6_QwjRZt5LqHbQ3sCr54rpj4b-zIDqBVEIrDCPXZI1TrWTRAqyt2wG6X9VKRcskgarjA?width=407&height=421&cropmode=none

Frankly speaking I don't know an option like the one you asked for and I guess there is none. Maybe I still don't understand your question.

Could you please give me the link to the mod you quoted?
  • Options
    @Bonxie

Thank you I am sorry I wasn't as clear as I would have liked to have been but yes the way you have described it is what I am looking for but it seems I will have to change most sims party wear to Halloween style in cas as I see them around the world bit by bit as I have a beautiful Halloween restaurant in game and although the staff wear costumes I would like my sims to as well when they turn up to eat.. I understood your explanation thank you so much :)

Yeah - I guess if you want to have a colourful Halloween party, you have to design individual outfits for each attendant. But at least with the mailbox MC Cheat command you can make sure, that everybody is wearing the desired costume.

• Options
    @Bonxie Sorry, I'm not a native speaker (I've found refuge in this forum because the forum for my own language is very toxic) and I have a hard time explaining things even in my native language. This is the mod: http://modthesims.info/d/547608
    On the MCC tumblr page it says MCC is icompatible with this mod because the functionality is implemented by MCC already but I can't find an option for it. Maybe there isn't one and it's just on automatically?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Bonxie Sorry, I'm not a native speaker (I've found refuge in this forum because the forum for my own language is very toxic) and I have a hard time explaining things even in my native language. This is the mod: http://modthesims.info/d/547608
    On the MCC tumblr page it says MCC is icompatible with this mod because the functionality is implemented by MCC already but I can't find an option for it. Maybe there isn't one and it's just on automatically?

OK - I see...

Try this - it's one of the flags in the sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim: MC Command Center > Sim Flags > MC Dresser > Flag Bypass Outfit Changes
    y4mR0MJ2eX4YnetMpFO_tF_lVjLL6MAtgw2TrCAS4StOZlXt9hdUe4XofmlmuwZGXji0WO-nCkqVaWEN6RTECn0gjE_sQYErPmoF71WJoxEq90EU97xY8c1tMh-Z5X7RvxLdG_qc30YEF-qDwTdzj8Iu93gYOpHThwg0vKFr9IbrNDO2AsNJ0--aJWUjAUn2WVnsWneGzCIRd8nDugt5lJESw?width=367&height=194&cropmode=none

This should be the function you're looking for.
  • Options
    @Bonxie Thank you so much! I'll try it out and report back.
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    After the latest mccc update I no longer see the numbers in the relationships of the Sims. I was using it in my bachelor and bachelorette challenges just before the update.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Hi everyone. :)

Am I correct in guessing that if I want to flag a sim for no further promotions at work I would need the MCCC career module?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited August 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »

Am I correct in guessing that if I want to flag a sim for no further promotions at work I would need the MCCC career module?

Info copied from Deaderpool's Tumblr, re the Career module:

"Freeze Career flag:
    In the Sim Flags menu, there is an option on Sims older than Teens to Freeze Career.
    •For NPC Sims, this flag will bypass the EA core functionality that reassigns an NPC Sim to different jobs. Whatever their current job is, they will keep that job. This prevents them leaving the job either by quitting or retiring. Note that if you flag an NPC Sim that has no job, the core processes will never give them a job so they will always be unemployed.
    •For active Sims, the flag just stops their career progression. They will neither gain nor lose progression in their career level as long as they have the flag."

So, yes, to answer your question :)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    After the latest mccc update I no longer see the numbers in the relationships of the Sims. I was using it in my bachelor and bachelorette challenges just before the update.
    I know that the relationship between sims is a numeric value, but I've never seen the numbers in the GUI. Could you please explain?
    I know the Show/Search Sim Info Mod from MTS, which is able to show the relationship from -100 to +100 between the active sim and the selected sim. I guess you're talking about a similar function.

I guess, you are correct. There is a flag in the sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim: MC Command Center > Sim Flags > MC Career > Flag Freeze Career
    I always use all available modules so I never tested, what happens, if you remove one of them.
    But regarding the menu path it sounds pretty logical, that this particular flag is related to the MC Career module.
    y4mWCWWDIOd2aTWUPX1dQupKJhJYLsfwxjCba_kGZLhYZ6yLbXPloTltpLdwkZ-zT_tzT8ZJeT7MaS2wDzrlxJ7-PcgcX41ZpfC8EJ9jtERPHA_ZUcEr30aFkh08Y2E03EHQmXflX4622mRCz0DKlm-BChkQZSRBgMqXnMC3Xw3Hsine8ZtHmN8HuZHl_praddKajGX4NsTwZ8OtwZCxaemaQ?width=367&height=209&cropmode=none
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

Info copied from Deaderpool's Tumblr, re the Career module:

"Freeze Career flag:
    In the Sim Flags menu, there is an option on Sims older than Teens to Freeze Career.
    •For NPC Sims, this flag will bypass the EA core functionality that reassigns an NPC Sim to different jobs. Whatever their current job is, they will keep that job. This prevents them leaving the job either by quitting or retiring. Note that if you flag an NPC Sim that has no job, the core processes will never give them a job so they will always be unemployed.
    •For active Sims, the flag just stops their career progression. They will neither gain nor lose progression in their career level as long as they have the flag."

So, yes, to answer your question :)

Bonxie wrote: »
    Saunta2 wrote: »
    I've never seen numbers in the relationship. Could you please explain?
    I know the Show/Search Sim Info Mod from MTS, which is able to show the relationship from -100 to +100 between the active sim and the selected sim. I guess you're talking about a similar function.

I guess, you are correct. There is a flag in the sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim: MC Command Center > Sim Flags > MC Career > Flag Freeze Career
    I always use all available modules so I never tested, what happens, if you remove one of them.
    But regarding the menu path it sounds pretty logical, that this particular flag is related to the MC Career module.
    y4mWCWWDIOd2aTWUPX1dQupKJhJYLsfwxjCba_kGZLhYZ6yLbXPloTltpLdwkZ-zT_tzT8ZJeT7MaS2wDzrlxJ7-PcgcX41ZpfC8EJ9jtERPHA_ZUcEr30aFkh08Y2E03EHQmXflX4622mRCz0DKlm-BChkQZSRBgMqXnMC3Xw3Hsine8ZtHmN8HuZHl_praddKajGX4NsTwZ8OtwZCxaemaQ?width=367&height=209&cropmode=none

I don't currently have the career module installed, which explains why I couldn't find the freeze career flag - I'm going to install it though after we find out if MCCC needs an update following today's patch.
    Gallery ID: babysquare

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top