Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why did it save!? (Sims 2)

CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
Bought the PURE nightclub, and those pyrotechnic things kept setting fire to the place and sims.

My sims then caught fire and wouldn't move so they could be put out (so if you brought another sim in they would catch fire because they're too close to the flame)

So I quit the game and deliberately said don't save. Come back from the main menu, I find it saved that I bought a lot and did stuff with the business. So I quit the entire game and loaded it again. Game still retained changes, Why did it save my progress!? I'm stuck with the business now when I wanted to start over

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I don't know, but maybe you want to post here? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-2-general-discussion
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Hi @CursedDice. I don't have an answer for you, sorry. You'd probably be better off posting this question on the Sims 2 General Discussion forum.
  • mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2017
    Despite this being in the wrong section of the forums, I'm pretty sure I know why. If I'm not mistaken, the Sims 2 saves each time you go to/load a different lot. So having your Sims travel somewhere automatically sets a saving point.
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yep- you bought the business at the home lot and it saves when you travel to a community lot. It would have saved again when you traveled back to the home lot *If you hadn't quit without saving on the com lot.

And those fire things are pure burning goodness. :)
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    mariah6194 wrote: »
    Despite this being in the wrong section of the forums, I'm pretty sure I know why. If I'm not mistaken, the Sims 2 saves each time you go to/load a different lot. So having your Sims travel somewhere automatically sets a saving point.

Figured that was it when I went back in and saw the thing saying leaving will save your progress
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Yep- you bought the business at the home lot and it saves when you travel to a community lot. It would have saved again when you traveled back to the home lot *If you hadn't quit without saving on the com lot.

And those fire things are pure burning goodness. :)

I was attempting to travel home when they caught fire. Business ranking is -1 atm :open_mouth:
    It made 1 simoleon :P
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Yeah, fire does a number on sim satisfaction. (Dates, outings, businesses...) Don't go to PURE on dates if it's gonna catch on fire. :)
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]