Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Reason I Don't want to Play the Sims 3

ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
edited February 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Okay so I'm from the days when Super Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog first came out. Granted in those days video games wasn't as graphically beautiful as they are in today's time. With the advancement and continue advancement of technology they get better and better. So back then the Sims 1, 2 and 3 looked like some great games. So to me they was playable and fun the time they existed in. An after a few years of not playing game bout time i picked up the Sims 4 even though it was lacking basic content in the beginning, graphically speaking it just was a better game and it was pleasing to my eyes so now the old Sims games or any game that isn't graphically pleasing to me just don't get me excited no more. Even though the Sims 3 had more stuff to the Sims 4 is just better to me overall. It's like movies i don't watch old movies but i want to see the new high quality moves in High Definition, HD is way much better and that's how I feel about the Sims 4, but now after a few updates, game pack, expansion packs, and stuff packs the game is living up to what i want it to be. Of course we can say we wish the game had this or that but that goes for any game you may play, wishing for things that is not in the game.
pO5uos8.jpg
Post edited by ThePoeticPreacher on

Comments

• DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    Okay so I'm from me days when Super Mario and Sonic the Hedgehog first came out. Granted in those days video games wasn't as graphically beautiful as they are in today's time. With the advancement and continue advancement of technology they get better and better. So back then the Sims 1, 2 and 3 look some great games. So to me they was playable and fun the time they existed in. An after a few years of not playing game bout time i picked up the Sims 4 even though it was lacking basic content in the beginning, graphically speaking it just was a better game and it was pleasing to my eyes so now the old Sims games or any game that isn't graphically pleasing to me just don't get me excited no more. Even though the Sims 3 had more stuff to the Sims 4 is just better to me overall. It's like movies i don't watch old movies but i want to see the new high quality moves in High Definition, HD is way much better and that's how I feel about the Sims 4, but now after a few updates, game pack, expansion packs, and stuff packs the game is living up to what i want it to be. Of course we can say we wish the game had this or that but that goes for any game you may play, wishing for things that is not in the game.

You do you; I see where you're coming from graphics-wise (since TS4 Vampire Pack came out, I've had a hard time returning to TS3) but I think the main issue for me personally is that I've played EVERYTHING in TS3 at this point! I've discovered everything there is to discover, and I'm going on a bit of a hiatus from it until it feels fresh to me again tbh! As well as that, there are certain aspects of TS4 that I've grown to love (i.e. CAS and Build Mode) so I find it hard to go back to TS3's inferior versions (even though it's gameplay is far superior).

Anyways, the moral of the story is, if you don't want to play TS3 anymore, nobody is forcing you to play it! xD Have fun, au revoir; not quite sure why you even bothered to post your rant, but if you wanted to get it off your chest, nobody can blame you! :P
  • ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    @DarkSuperNinja Thanks for your comment, the rant is based on a lot of players who are returning to the Sims 3 because they feel like the Sims 4 isn't a great, i understand the feeling, and Sims 3 overall had more game play but I developed a taste in games that is graphically pleasing to the eyes, I just feel like games of that nature ate in the pass, so in saying I live Sims 4 for what it is a new a game, should it be better and greater then the Sims 3 i think so, is it the Sims 3 no, that's whatever the game lacks doesn't bother me because it is a new game. As of right now the Sims 4 is turning out be a pretty good game if not a great game, hopefully if they every do a Sims it will be better then the Sims 4 but only time can tell that story...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    There are many people who love watching an "old" movie one night but are more in the mood for an HD experience the next just as there are many players who love more than one Sims version for what they are. None of them are really inherently better than the others once they each reached a certain stage in their development, they just offer different experiences (both the movies and the games) that speak differently to different people at different times.

For many of us, these kinds of things aren't like choosing one brand of coffee, ballpoint pen, comfortable socks, car, even computer and staying loyal to it exclusively because we prefer it over all others with no exceptions. Again, maybe not for everyone but for many there can be plenty of room for variety when it comes to art forms and entertainment choices.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    New does not always equate to entertaining or superior.
    Old does not always equate to boring or inferior.

How players feel about each iteration of The Sims is debatable. However, there are facts about each game which is then used on an individual basis relating to personal preference.

TS (2000) = 2 Life Stages and 1 object + 3D and 2D Fixed Camera Angles + Personality Points + etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU5K3DU_4Dk

TS2 (2004) = Generations/Aging/New life stages + 3D and 360 Camera + Personality Points + Aspirations + etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9u1zMCos8w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCCTvpt1Vs

TS3 (2009) = Generations/Aging/New life stage YA added permanently + 3D and 360 Camera + Traits + Lifetime Wish + Open World + Story Progression + etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6gXiw5URNM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7BAUNzJvts

TS4 (2014) = Generations/Aging/Somewhat same life stages and 1 object + Seems like a mix between TS/TS2 Camera but TS3 Camera is an option + Traits + Aspirations + Emotions + etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00mK3Pxc8w
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPPjU8OARg

I have been with TS series since 2000 to 2013. There is no factual evidence of any of the *main* features that TS4 is more advanced and an improvement and progression of the series. The facts say the game actually went into retrogression. Backward not forward. I have not known any game series to ever do this unless it was highly requested by fans to bring something useful back into play as an improved version. Now whether people have an opinion they like TS4 because it is simplistic, like the stylized art style, like the over-the-top juvenile humor, limited gameplay area with loading screens everywhere, shallow gameplay, claims to run better on computers (when the real problem was still with EA because of the lack of optimization and some quality control but also some had incompatibilities possibly due to hardware configurations) more expensive than previous iterations is their prerogative. To me, less will never equal better when the quality is severely lacking. TS/TS2 has less content but loaded with in-depth gameplay that is still enjoyable to play regardless of its release dates. However, nothing wrong with a nice selection but it means nothing if there is inadequate meaningful gameplay.

From TS to TS2 is one of the biggest jumps in progression.
    From TS2 to TS3 with the open world and story progression and realistic aging across the whole neighborhood, etc did advance the series into even more of a life simulation. Unfortunately, some TS2/TS features that make perfect sense for this kind of genre was decided to be left out. I can deal with no car animations but TS3 should have had open restaurants, open movie theater, open spa, open clothing store, open grocery store, just open shopping in general. Those should not have been RH's because that is useful gameplay. Other than that being my main disappointment about TS3 and how EA sweeps some of the glitches under the rug and allowed it to just pile up, there are too many pros than there are cons based on my preference.

What a major let down. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/639648/what-would-you-like-to-see-in-the-sims-4/p1

What would be the point of TS5 if this is how it's going to be? #ThanksForRuiningTheGrowingFoundationAndProgressionOfTheSims
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • karizzleskarizzles Posts: 263 Member
    I liked the sims 3 when I was able to get my hands on it. I always wanted sims 2 for the PC but I didn't have a computer. I had on the Gamecube though. I now have the sims 4 for two days and I love it! It's gonna take time to get used to it though... I probably won't return to the sims 3 either. I love how I can do better details to sims.

Btw, anyone, a question... (I can't wait to get out of this newbie stage) how can I delete sims 3 from my PC? I use windows 10. I will click a sim and it will take a little longer for the options to come up.
    0002745_yuri-on-ice-nitotan-plush-keychains_550.jpeg

• CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Graphically... It's certain that the Sims 3 on low or medium won't be pleasing to the eyes. But high settings are much better, and even ultra makes a huge difference with high. Here is some random stuff from my game, I don't think the Sims 3 has anything to be ashamed of.
    685361Screenshot1616.jpg

134529Screenshot1770.jpg

138167Screenshot1811.jpg

512086Screenshot1917.jpg

168826Screenshot1867.jpg

201358Screenshot2026.jpg

687112Screenshot2046.jpg
    826998Screenshot1854.jpg

872053Screenshot1856.jpg

508690Screenshot1861.jpg

399909Screenshot1862.jpg

131241Screenshot1875.jpg