Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to see ages under Sims names

FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
Considering teens, Y/As, adults, and elders are all the same height, simmers unfortunately have to rely on the game telling us sim's ages versus looking and figuring it out ourselves. I'm not sure if this is normal, but I can no longer see ages underneath Sims names. It doesn't matter what age they are. I'm curious if my game is bugged or if the Sims edited/removed the feature entirely.

ETA: I have never used mods or cc. I just purchased a new computer this past Monday and installed the Sims on it Tuesday, so it should be completely updated, unless there was an update I missed between Tuesday and today.
~I do not use mods or cc~

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    I have just checked in game and the ages are showing up in my game.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Start a new game and see if the same thing is occurring in the new game also. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Test again to see if the issues remain.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Sometimes ages are shown, sometimes not. This bug exists forever, like the skill bars over the heads that don't disappear.