Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Direct recording or adding voice-overs later?

OK, I am finding myself being drawn to youtube like the moth to a flame. I know it is dangerous for me, but I just can not help myself! :smiley: When I have tried to record a video I have recorded the sound/my voice at the same time, but I am finding it to be limiting to my ability to get a flow in both gameplay and storytelling. But I have done it because I like the idea of getting the complete package: Play and record and add some editing and you are done. Now though I am seriously considering just record some gaming and to add some narration afterwards... Am I crazy or is this how the "professionals" doing it?
AMB.jpg

Comments

• RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    I've seen it done both ways. I think it depends on the content. If it's more of a Lets Play recording voice while playing may be better if the main entertainment is hearing your reactions to what is happening. I've seen some voice over videos come across as a bit dry and bored sounding but not always, some manage to keep the energy going and if it's a story you want to create then a voice over might work better and be less stilted story wise if that's the focus.
    Personally I would try both. Record it as you go and edit that and then do another version with the footage and a voice over and see which seems more interesting or flows better story wise; again if that's the focus.
    iscQh5U.png
  • SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    I just did my very first voice over to a video last night which has just finished uploading. I bought just a cheap microphone/stand set and went through audacity to record since its free. I did have to edit out some little bits of the amount of time the voice was going so it was a little out of sync in one part and I actually found it nervous but figure the more I do it the more comfortable I will be with it all.

However it was kinda akward starting audacity then starting my sims video but guess you cut the silence out of that.

If you want to check it out feel free to do so here. Its not the best being my first time but I hope I get better in the future. But yes I say try both I do another channel with Adult Colouring Videos too and that is where I record and video via a normal camera at the same time and I was so nervous when I started that too. I figure doing it this way is the same too but that I will get better at it with time :)

Hope this helps and shows you starting out doesn't always turn out how we would like it too lol

https://youtu.be/gVvIWGm0YYk
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!