Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims game

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    emmaning wrote: »
    I'm intrigued.... 'vie' means life in French I think (but I am no good at French so it might be some other language) so that seems legit.

If 'vie' offers 64-bit, open world, tons of customizability, respects mentally ill people more than Sims 4 does (look at the insane trait, that is disrespectful) and has lots to do, I am interested. If they can give me some information on its release date, where to buy, what price, what will make it different & similar, why I should buy it etc, then I will definitely give it a go.

didn't you want animal testing in pets though?
    tumblr_nvkg40HQ1Y1tfn6k7o1_500.gif

Animal testing in a serious way to raise awareness of it.
    And I'm fine with the idea of an insane trait, but the way the trait actually is (overexagerrated & comical) disrespects the mentally ill.
    I would be fine with it, if the trait was done properly.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    I'd like a "fantasy" thing that can turn pets into sims, and sims into pets, and pets into pets of other species. Something like "animal-mancing" or w-ever.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind if the sims got come competition but you know...some REAL competition you know? :D I really do believe it's a hoax and you shouldn't get your hopes too high for this "project". When I first heard about it I was like "Yeah ok let me go and see what it is." They had absolutely nothing to show. No videos and no photos. We don't even know what the company or even the people are who are working on this game. They just say "We are simmers like you!" The only thing they keep saying is "Wait until march 15!" and "This game will be so awesome!" Im pretty sure when march 15 comes around they will either Do nothing, Delete the account, Or write a message saying "You just got trolled!"

You're probably right but I hope you are wrong.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    14hours14hours Posts: 82 Member
    I'm intrigued.... 'vie' means life in French I think (but I am no good at French so it might be some other language) so that seems legit.

If 'vie' offers 64-bit, open world, tons of customizability, respects mentally ill people more than Sims 4 does (look at the insane trait, that is disrespectful) and has lots to do, I am interested. If they can give me some information on its release date, where to buy, what price, what will make it different & similar, why I should buy it etc, then I will definitely give it a go.

And I'm fine with the idea of an insane trait, but the way the trait actually is (overexagerrated & comical) disrespects the mentally ill.

Unless the main part of the animal testing is that you have to stop it... there's no way to implement animal testing to raise awareness. Also, I don't really think it needs any awareness, I'm pretty sure everyone knows it happens and those of us that care go out our way to avoid it.

As for the insane trait, I am mentally ill and I'm not even the slightest bit offended by it. My best friend also suffers from an array of mental issues and she often chooses the insane trait for her sims, we even downloaded custom traits like BPD & Anxiety. I don't know about outside my friend circle but I know that if we took our mental illness too seriously and couldn't laugh at it we'd be in a much worse place than we already are.

I don't meant to cause friction on the forums but I'm a vegetarian with mental health problems and I had to have my input lol.
    B6dXq3o.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

I disagree. I feel being over the top and comical about a serious issue in a game is the *exact* route to take. It gives people a chance to laugh, whether at their sims, or themselves, for just a moment, and forget that they are 'mentally ill' - I LOVE my insane sims. LOVE! I wouldn't change them one bit. I laugh at them often and it in *no way* affects how I regard *real* mental illness. /shrugs.

--T