Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims game

Hi is anyone else looking forward to see what "Project Vie" has to offer? What do you think will be different to what the sims has to offer?
I think an open world is deff going to be in

Comments

• TinkerBellFairyTinkerBellFairy Posts: 7 New Member
    Interesting, I hadn't heard of this before now. I can see that there isn't much information about at the moment about this speculated game. I guess we will have to wait until March 15th!
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I am! I'm actually not buying the Vampire pack just because I want to save that money incase Project Vie is something I want to buy. I'm very curious on what they have in mind with their "Sims" game!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Apparently that's a hoax, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

--T
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Twiddles thumbs and wonder what you guys/girls are talking about??
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Apparently that's a hoax, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

--T
    Yeah, I've heard that too, I will only trust actual news about a game like that...
  • I'm loyal to The Sims and will not even entertain the idea of playing a competitor. Maxis is a juggernaut and there will never be any Sims alternative worth playing.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I'm intrigued.... 'vie' means life in French I think (but I am no good at French so it might be some other language) so that seems legit.

If 'vie' offers 64-bit, open world, tons of customizability, respects mentally ill people more than Sims 4 does (look at the insane trait, that is disrespectful) and has lots to do, I am interested. If they can give me some information on its release date, where to buy, what price, what will make it different & similar, why I should buy it etc, then I will definitely give it a go.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    I'm intrigued.... 'vie' means life in French I think (but I am no good at French so it might be some other language) so that seems legit.

If 'vie' offers 64-bit, open world, tons of customizability, respects mentally ill people more than Sims 4 does (look at the insane trait, that is disrespectful) and has lots to do, I am interested. If they can give me some information on its release date, where to buy, what price, what will make it different & similar, why I should buy it etc, then I will definitely give it a go.

didn't you want animal testing in pets though?
    tumblr_nvkg40HQ1Y1tfn6k7o1_500.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I'm loyal to The Sims and will not even entertain the idea of playing a competitor. Maxis is a juggernaut and there will never be any Sims alternative worth playing.

So sweet. I am pretty loyal too. But not more than I could have fun exploring other games.
  • PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    It could be interesting, but I feel like it might end up like Cities Skylines. Technically better in every way, except it feels like a cheap Chinese knockoff.
    Besides...I don't miss the Sims 3 at all, and if it has free roam... *Bugs intensify* lol.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'm intrigued , I like new simulation life games, but lets see if its real first.
    giphy_1.gif
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    While competition is always good, we have had other life simulation games released that pretty much went no where, second life come to mind. A quick google search and a quick 33 life simulation games pop up most of which I've never even heard of. So I'm not getting my hopes up.

• APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    I think a little competition would be good for the Sims. Sims 4 is finally starting to be enjoyable, but it is a shame that it took 3 EPs, 4 GPs, toddlers, and some stuff packs before I finally stopped being bored and started enjoying myself, and sadly now my game lags sometimes from all the extra content. If someone else came along and did Sims better it might shake things up, and maybe Maxis will start giving us the game we want instead of the game they think we need.
    also! Simscommunity.info made a interesting post about it too (it won't let me paste a clickable link, so I will just post the name)
    http://simscommunity.info/2017/02/08/the-sims-is-getting-a-new-competitor/
    giphy_1.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I have to say I'm interested just based on the video clip. I like TS4, but I also really like roleplaying my sims, so if the game's focus is on roleplaying it could potentially be something for me.
    Yeah this is all too weird...
    apparently it really is a hoax:
    Modthesims.info
    giphy_1.gif
  • lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    That's neat. But unless it's just like mind blowingly awesome, I probably won't play it. Sims is the only game I invest in at the moment, and I barely have time to play it with my schedule.

Now, I'll probably follow all the news about Vie, and when it's out any gameplay, but I don't imagine I'll ever get into it myself. I enjoy TS, so it's not like I'm looking for a substitute. They'd have to be very different games to even warrant having both, in which case I may not even like it, because it's not the "sims" I'm used too. Like when TSM, I thought the idea was great, but the playing experience just wasn't "sims" enough. But it was different enough, and had it's own merit that I enjoyed both.

Otherwise it's going to be like all those games that are exactly the same, like Bejeweled and every other slide/match game like it out there. Where it's the same game experience so it doesn't even matter...
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    VIE is probably and most likely a rumor because of many sayings though if by any means it is real (Potentially not) then Sims 4 will have a competitor.
    I play the Sims 3 a lot more often because I am fed up with the Sims 4 so I'd take the first boat to a different game the first opportunity I get. There's plenty of people with my mentality so EA would get something else to compete with. Hopefully leading to a better series as a whole since neither side wants to back down.

Who knows, VIEs' outcome is just dependent on if they decide to not look like The Sims 4 on a lower budget with slightly different toilet names and textures at most.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited February 2017
    emmaning wrote: »

Geez, I swear everything is offensive nowadays! xD

Regarding the rest of your comment, I 100% agree! If Vie turns out to be real, I'd love to give it a go too (depending on the price of course)!
  • AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    Well, I'm pretty sure that "Vie"'s main OTP would'nt be as cool & cute as Anvilshipping.
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    edited February 2017
    This game is a hoax. The person who keeps trolling with his fake game has had his reddit accounts suspended.

Threads here and here.

So no, I'm not really looking forward to hearing more, other than morbid curiosity at what kind of derpy antics this troll will come up with next.
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited February 2017
    I wouldn't mind if the sims got come competition but you know...some REAL competition you know? :D I really do believe it's a hoax and you shouldn't get your hopes too high for this "project". When I first heard about it I was like "Yeah ok let me go and see what it is." They had absolutely nothing to show. No videos and no photos. We don't even know what the company or even the people are who are working on this game. They just say "We are simmers like you!" The only thing they keep saying is "Wait until march 15!" and "This game will be so awesome!" Im pretty sure when march 15 comes around they will either Do nothing, Delete the account, Or write a message saying "You just got trolled!"
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    On another note, probably the worst early April Fools ever. Like at least make it 31ST March 11:59 and exactly 59 seconds if you're going the hoax route
    L9q8VGi.png
  • AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    I think it might be at least more hoax-y than Anvilshipping.