Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Dynasty -- Vlad's Grandchildren (Dec 11)

MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
For all you vampire lovers -- Vlad Straud is the founder of a new dynasty here. It's a long version of the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge.

42416fe2-4dfa-4604-a51e-2bf85028a84e_zpsol2su7a7.jpg
Post edited by MVWdeZT on

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited April 2017
    Meet Nadia and Gretchen in Chapter 4

7011c396-98b5-499f-a2cd-2f1ba2c33682_zpsj2k0q6am.jpg

eb3d0ea4-4486-4f16-a0e1-f3f2f885c6ee_zpsw7l3h2kb.jpg
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Your Vlad is absolutely hilarious! Definitely a very memorable character, and I love the humor in your story and the way you weave in the rules of the challenge. His daughters are adorable too, though I think Nadia's chin will be able to slice bread when she grows up.
    uduVcAP.png
    edited April 2017
    Here's Chapter 7 -- Toddler Spam and Vlad's First 50 Points

e61d2f62-6716-4cbe-9cb1-7bb16d5dc794_zpsckzy3yrw.jpg

Gretchen is a child now (Nadia still has some skills to work on).

ee701e77-50d1-4dc6-aab5-8bd858f68a5e_zpsqoaw1ka0.jpg

And Balthazar is a toddler vampire.
    I love Vlad, but I must admit I enjoy seeing adorable toddlers just as much as his ugly old mug. ;) Those are such cute shots! And I can't decide if Vlad is the worst dad in history, or the best. His narration is great as always!
    uduVcAP.png
    edited March 2017
    Vlad is a trifle overprotective -- looking forward to writing him when the girls become teens.
    edited April 2017
    Awwww, I love seeing Nadia and Gretchen as kids! Can't wait for Balthazar too. And wow, who knew old Vlad would be so popular online?

And it's kind of shocking to see him be a bit paternal, in his own Vlad way. <3 (While at the same time turning/breeding the locals for his own purposes...) I'm curious as to how things will go once his kids grow up, and I can't wait to see what they look like as teens. Poor Nadia, though...
    uduVcAP.png
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @MVWdeZT excellent chapter. I love the way you portray the roomies too.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
    @LadyLobster, Well, Nadia has a Watcher who loves her -- and I think she's going to have some interesting experiences, although it's too soon to tell. As for Vlad's popularity, each time he livestreams a game, he picks up 700,000 viewers, which really helps when you need 10 million for a promotion.

@cshaner, thanks! And I was really pleased with your comments over in the Paranormal thread. Your reaction is exactly what I was hoping for.
    Some of my readers on Carl's forum think that Zoe is entirely too forgiving, but I see her as someone who strives so hard for a positive attitude that she just doesn't notice things that conflict with that. So once Vlad pays her a few compliments and gives her a way to see what happened as not too bad, she doesn't mind any more. And she really is a terrible parent. I think she fed Balthazar once the entire time he was in her keeping. Gavin is probably the most paternal of the roomies.
    edited April 2017
    Here is Chapter 9

610fff68-ca47-43f0-a1fe-a09d88a87506_zpsnhks3wxt.jpg[/URL]
    Group training at Vlad's place! That's great--I love seeing all these familiar townies as prey/fledglings/breeding stock.

It's SO CUTE when Nadia takes over Daddy's computer! I love all the family photos. And I wonder if Vlad will
    run into any more aliens. They look kind of tasty! And what would a vampire/alien union result in...?
    uduVcAP.png
    I have never seen an alien in any of my saves!! I never take up the "It's alien night" at the pubs when friends ring so I've only seen them in other people's games. I'm sure they've been by in disguise but to actually see one...nope. As much as I like Sci-fi in my entertainment, I haven't gotten the urge to play it yet in the Sims.

Loved Nadia and Gretchen and seeing the two of them playing. Also very sweet reverie of Vlad's too. Loved this update!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    @LadyLobster, glad you like seeing the familiar faces! It's no secret -- an alien/vampire mating results in either an alien or a vampire unless you use a mod. And incidentally, I love your idea of using aliens as fairies.

@cshaner, thanks so much for the compliment on Vlad's reverie. I filched the swinging on trees from Robert Frost's "Swinging on Birches" (not sure of the exact title). And I didn't know if there were birches in the Carpathians, so decided to make it a pine sapling.

@MVWdeZT excellent. And wonderful modification to fit your purpose!!
    edited April 2017
    Here is Chapter 10.

7aa19131-ad41-484c-b2b6-8201342a9b38_zpsviz8bd6m.jpg[/URL]
    Gretchen's time to shine! Does that mean it'll be Balthazar's turn soon? I love seeing the kids playing and wearing all their different outfits, but the sparring was fun too. I still haven't made any of my vampires spar yet! This was my favorite line:
    I'm afraid he doesn't realize though that "forever" is an elastic term in his case.
    >:)
    uduVcAP.png
    Awwww, I truly love how attached to his kids Vlad is - evil dude or not...noone can fault him for being a dead-beat dad. :smile:

The coffin with Zoe made me chuckle. I also agree with LL that it is so fun to see things from the children's points of view.
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    @MVWdeZT
    Hah! The vampire influence is spreading!
    Your nooboos are all growing up *sniff* they're so plumming cute though, so I forgive them. ;)
    I need to try me some vampire sparring; it looks like fun! :D
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    edited April 2017
    Well aren't they the cheeky little things going online to blog without Vlad's say so :D
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Awwww, the three siblings seem pretty close despite their differences! I'm glad we got to see so much of a focus on all of them, as awesome as Vlad is.
    uduVcAP.png
    edited April 2017
    "Research" eh, Vlad? Mkay ;) that's right Zoe; you call him out on his shenanigans!
    :o why that rotten...
    CHEATING B*ST*RD!
    ...but I'd say he got what's coming to him :D
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Who knew Zoe was so well-connected? I'm glad she put her foot down! She's already put up with so much.

I like how even a social media personality as popular as Vlad still feels a need to push his website on alien ladies. ;)
    If Vlad gets impregnated by aliens...KARMAAAA.
    uduVcAP.png
    Who knew Zoe was so well-connected? I'm glad she put her foot down! She's already put up with so much.

I like how even a social media personality as popular as Vlad still feels a need to push his website on alien ladies. ;)
    If Vlad gets impregnated by aliens...KARMAAAA.

I would love for that to happen, but right now, the house is full, so it won't.