Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglar NPCs in TS4

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited February 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Please can we get burglars back in TS4? After toddlers, we need more chaos in our normal daily life.

There could be a lot trait that prevents burglars from visiting your lot like "High Security"

Also there should be the burglar alarm returning.

ALSO I WANT TO FIGHT THE BURGLAR - Sims with higher Fitness skill have a higher change to defeat the burglar.
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes to burglars!
    a256aFi.gif
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    I'd like to see the burglars in sims 4 too. breaking into businesses and houses/apartments
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    That's right, I totally want my stuff stolen...

How about a burglar Trait? Like, you can set it so that you've got an iffy neighbourhood and everybody is more likely to be burgled.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I'm with ya.
    I think if they really want the Sims 4 to stand tall with all the other Sims titles of the past when all is said and done, they have got to find a way to work some of the old iconic bits back into the game.

Some of it's little stuff they could probably do easily like doorbels, other stuff is a little more involved like burglars,
    I do miss some of the old touches sometimes.

I think the lack of vehicles may be the main reason we don't have cops robbers and firefighters, so unless or until we get vehicles I don't hold out hope for those NPC's in our future.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    As soon as they fix Vampire Break-In. "You can't travel while a Vampire is breaking in"

Furthermore, I think they should upgrade a burglar's Outfit.
    This:

latest?cb=20080312035437

Tacky.

All Black, Hooded/Ski-mask, almost Ninja like.

If your lot Costs over §500,000 the more chances there will be a break in

if you Have Get to Work, Detectives can be Called into Break-ins
    Science Labs, and Hospitals, Retail, Restaurants, Museums, and Libraries, can be broken into.

Vampires and Future Occults can Deal with thieves using their own Unique, Reliable, Methods.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    When the game first came out I thought it is super cool without burglars. After a while I was sad. Burglars make the game much more exciting. I say yes to burglars.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited March 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    As soon as they fix Vampire Break-In. "You can't travel while a Vampire is breaking in"

This:

Tacky.

Science Labs, and Hospitals, Retail, Restaurants, Museums, and Libraries, can be broken into.

Vampires and Future Occults can Deal with thieves using their own Unique, Reliable, Methods.

Set that cap to 100,000 and the premades can be affected by this too :) (like the Landgraabs, Goths, Spencer-Kim-Lewises)

Another GTW thing should be that Simray-freezing the burglar should stop the "being robbed" event, so your scientist could defend against them.
    So many amazing ideas!
    a256aFi.gif
  • JokubasJokubas Posts: 100 Member
    I was surprised to find out burglars weren't in this game. They've been sort of iconic to me for the Sims games, even though, starting relatively early on in the Sims 1, I just started building little pillars at the corners of my lots and put alarms on them, so the police would show up around the time the burglar got to the front door, so they were never a threat.

That lot trait isn't a bad idea to add a modern interaction to an old system either.
  • HennriettaHennrietta Posts: 212 Member
    Yeah I miss burglars too. It would have been awesome if/when Pets is released that your Sim's dog could guard the house and chase any intruders away if trained!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »

This:

Tacky.

Set that cap to 100,000 and the premades can be affected by this too :) (like the Landgraabs, Goths, Spencer-Kim-Lewises)

Another GTW thing should be that Simray-freezing the burglar should stop the "being robbed" event, so your scientist could defend against them.

No they will be affected too, but not as much as someone who owns a more expensive home is what I meant. Someone who has a more expensive home will be bigger targets and attract burglars.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i fully disagree with this idea i do not went buglars to return unless i can fully turn off the buglars in game option as i clearly do not went those to show up in my game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    i fully disagree with this idea i do not went buglars to return unless i can fully turn off the buglars in game option as i clearly do not went those to show up in my game

You can have an alarm.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Jokubas wrote: »
    I was surprised to find out burglars weren't in this game. They've been sort of iconic to me for the Sims games, even though, starting relatively early on in the Sims 1, I just started building little pillars at the corners of my lots and put alarms on them, so the police would show up around the time the burglar got to the front door, so they were never a threat.

That lot trait isn't a bad idea to add a modern interaction to an old system either.

This is exactly why I'm glad they're not in the game. They weren't fun to me. They were annoying. And those pillars made my residential lots always look ugly, for no good reason other than it was the only real choice.

Suffice it to say, I'd have that high security lot trait on every lot in my game if this became a thing. I hope by then lots get a 4th trait slot for it. :p
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • StaceyEsthiemStaceyEsthiem Posts: 7 New Member
    Didn't like burglars very much in Sims 3, they were just an inconvenience. Maybe if they were better implemented they would be more successful, also different types of defence against them would be interesting, for example if Pets were in the game you could train your dog to guard the house from intruders.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I've said it in another thread, but the groundwork exists.
    We have:
    • Vampire break-ins
    • Kleptomaniac animations
    • Police uniforms
    • Police/Criminal arrest animations
    We even have lot traits, so players can opt-in to the system (a "Bad Neighborhood" lot trait would be perfect), since, let's face it, people will complain. Look at all the people who complained about alien abductions, and who still complain about vampire break-ins.

Modern Simmers like to be able to control every aspect of their Sims' lives. So I honestly don't think having burglars appear at a certain cash threshold would be a popular choice. But if it was a lot trait? Those are pretty optional.

The only thing holding Maxis back, IMO, is the lack of what happens after the arrest. Having the cop march the Sim off the lot isn't that interesting to look at.

But if a police car showed up, with its lights flashing and siren wailing, and the arrested Sim was thrown in the back seat and then the police car sped off? That would be entertaining. Same goes for fires. We need firemen, true, but we need firetrucks to go with them.

I think that's what's stopping Maxis. No cars.

Ideas section: We could even have door-to-door insurance salesmen who provide us with a chance to insure our Sims for large amounts... perhaps the night before a burglar? Bonus points if the insurance salesman is the same Sim as the burglar, and is casing out the joint before he robs it.
    wJbomAo.png
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    And if we have GTW, maybe some of the cases is trying to find out who is committing mass robbery and seeing some officers from the station as police showing up and arresting burgalar instead of just generating NPCs.

The devs do a good job having packs intermingle with one another
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• shedeviledeggshedeviledegg Posts: 39 Member
    A burglar NPC would be fun, especially if you could free them and get to know them in a weird roleplay situation afterwards. Did that a few times with Gordon King and Brandi Broke in The Sims 2. :)
  • xJDLKxxJDLKx Posts: 313 Member
    Man I miss burglars :( the music would always make me jump :'D I miss the police to , the detective career on my game is so buggy so I never use it :(

Origin ID:Jessicaaa77
  • FancyKitty795FancyKitty795 Posts: 64 Member
    I can not wait to get robbed :wink:
    Part of the 82nd Sim-borne Division!
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Please can we get burglars back in TS4? After toddlers, we need more chaos in our normal daily life.

There could be a lot trait that prevents burglars from visiting your lot like "High Security"

Also there should be the burglar alarm returning.

ALSO I WANT TO FIGHT THE BURGLAR - Sims with higher Fitness skill have a higher change to defeat the burglar.

If vampires can break into our homes to use our Sim's neck as a snack we can get burglars that want to steal our tablets. #VoteYayForBurglarsToday
  • MgalbMgalb Posts: 62 Member
    xJDLKx wrote: »
    Man I miss burglars :( the music would always make me jump :'D I miss the police to , the detective career on my game is so buggy so I never use it :(

The first time I heard that music I ran from the computer room to get my brother because I was terrified and thought my sims were going to die. I miss them so much I'd kick myself for not getting an alarm but I loved the mayhem of it.
    Nostalgia <3
    a256aFi.gif
  • AyrellAyrell Posts: 40 Member
    I miss burglars as well, I hope they can be patched in!
    Ayrell wrote: »
    I miss burglars as well, I hope they can be patched in!

Hopefully they will patch them in!
    a256aFi.gif