Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why can't our Sick Sims go to the hospital?

Comments

• Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Agreed, I was shocked when I got GTW and you couldn't go to the hospital. Surely they could patch that in, they already have the animations.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Exactly the medicine work for awhile than back to being sick again or sometimes the medicine option don't show up on the computer on some houses the pregnant Sims get a chance to go to hospital and have baby why can sick Sims go like they children can stay at home call in sick go to hospital and get checked out and the doctor either give a shot or medicine and they feel better or give them a day or two to rest at home before doing activities.
  • Options
    PhreshxxxBearPhreshxxxBear Posts: 14 New Member
    This is exactly what I want to see next on The Sims! I want to be able to have more serious illnesses that require visits to the hospital!
  • Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    Yeah, why?

I thought that's what hospital made for. Maybe our sims are not as smart as what they promoted in The Sims 4 first launch? It feels like sims are only smart enough to enter hospital when we have a sim with doctor career being in their active work hours... and they are NPC, not us.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    It would be great if our sims could go to the hospital when sick, and when wrongly diagnosed our sim could get compensation. lol
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited February 2017
    I know huge disappointment! You can't even call the doctor to do a house call, and that is a game feature. :/ I also miss the chicken soup from TS2.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    And it would nice if you could get a vaccination, such as in TS3.
  • Options
    lunapball32lunapball32 Posts: 98 Member
    I would love an update to this career, with the ability to go to the hospital when sick, and if we're playing the career, we can tell the other workers what to do. for example, fill empty beds, greet patients and show them to a seat in the waiting room, clean etc. Little things like that would make the process more pleasant and give your doctor more to do in the later levels of the career.
  • Options
    HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    Getting medicine,checkups,having emergency surgery and maybe having to stay overnight are some things i'd like to see :)
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Yes, I would love to have illnesses expanded to include hospital visits or the least, an NPC doctor that can be called in to do a checkup, give a diagnosis and prescribe something.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ah_Callieah_Callie Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm really hoping that this will be added in the future. I find it a bit frustrating that we can't go the hospital, except to have babies. I think it would be interesting to see the kind of interactions we could have with the doctors. I'd also like to be able to access the hospital and police department from the world menu instead of just when you have your sim go to work.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    edited February 2017
    I would love if they could patch this in. Also another thing that would be useful if you could go to the hospital and ask for plastic surgery. I know we can change sim, but this is a better way to tell stories. And no extra animations would be needed, just click on the surgery thing and there'd be a plastic surgery 1000 option. Also if a sim got sick enough and didn't take care of their sickness, they could get emergency surgery. Lastly you could ask one of the doctors there what gender of baby your sims going to have if they're pregnant. :)
    Edit: Also when you have twins its so awkward how one baby just ends up in a bassinet. If anything the other one should be in a hospital crib right next to the other one. Same if your sims had triplets.
    Post edited by crazycat_135 on
  • Options
    simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    This should have been included in the GTW EP. Although, I wish the hospital was a bit different, let it actually have a few floors and rooms to have it be more like a hospital and not like a walk in clinic (I feel like thats what the current GTW hospital is like).
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I think that they should expand on sickness, death, the cemetery, the funeral, a will, and just going to the hospital period. Unless we are visiting someone in jail, I don't really care about visiting the detective and science careers. Visiting in jail and more sickness/visiting the hospital to maybe give flowers ect. would be nice. Maybe holding sims hands when they are in bed or interaction to say, "I'm thinking about you". Also, notes for work/school when sick.

I also like other ideas from poster above such as:
    chicken soup
    vaccinations
    over night stays
    ultra sounds
    plastic surgery
    compensation for wrong diagnosis
  • Options
    HaesselmaasHaesselmaas Posts: 3 New Member
    The most absurd situation: My sim is in the doctor career and she got pregnant. Very close to birth and she's still expected to go to work (why is this exactly???). About five minutes into the workday she goes into labour AT THE HOSPITAL but she can't ask anyone for help, get admitted or anything. I suppose I could have had her leave early, but I didn't want her to have a mark on her record because she had to have a baby. She left work (with a passive aggressive note that she should really do a better job next time), came home, and decided to have her baby in the hospital. Suddenly they're all so very helpful.

I love the "go with them to work" option, I really do, but there are some MASSIVE plotholes here - as well as a lack of care for pregnant sims...
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I wish they could go to hospital too. Such a missed opportunity.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Agreed.

They have no purpose except being visually intrusive. I've been using a no illness mod for months now.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    The most absurd situation: My sim is in the doctor career and she got pregnant. Very close to birth and she's still expected to go to work (why is this exactly???). About five minutes into the workday she goes into labour AT THE HOSPITAL but she can't ask anyone for help, get admitted or anything. I suppose I could have had her leave early, but I didn't want her to have a mark on her record because she had to have a baby. She left work (with a passive aggressive note that she should really do a better job next time), came home, and decided to have her baby in the hospital. Suddenly they're all so very helpful.

I love the "go with them to work" option, I really do, but there are some MASSIVE plotholes here - as well as a lack of care for pregnant sims...

Well that's up to the player, once you reach the third trimester I believe you have the option to "Take medical leave"

And then you have a work event occurring, and then your asking the Labor event to overlap it. The Hospital Lot would still need to be reloaded, in order to give birth to your child.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Like that is the purpose, we have a hospital and they should be able to go there and get medicine.

It's a good question because fact is my Sim (a little boy named David) sometimes is left at the hospital when he shows up there sick. I may rotate to his house and lo and behold guess where he is if he isn't at home? At the hospital! I can load to play him and be taken to hospital where he is just hanging out. Why can't that bug be turned into a feature? lol

I have stopped reporting it, and just mark it up to the secret life of David Collins (child) from Dark Shadows. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DanniG121DanniG121 Posts: 108 Member
    I would love to be able to take my sims to hospital when they are sick
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The hospital should have been accessible for these things. The same for the rest of it too.
  • Options
    RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    yea i agree its kinda daft that we have a hospital but can only use it for births. What about sickness, broken arms/legs/pregnancy for scans check ups see due date etc,
  • Options
    daniellecharliedaniellecharlie Posts: 5 New Member
    I think that the hospital system was a let down, I wanted to be able to have checkups, serious illnesses that could kill your sims if you couldn't afford medicines, gender reveals that way, having to stay overnight at the hospital, visiting friends/families. There was so much they could've down and it was a let down to be honest.
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    edited March 2017
    I agree.
    The hospital ws a nice idea ... introducing illnesses was a nice idea.
    But making all illnesses curable by a panacea that you just have to order for little money via computer
    (instead of having to go to hospital in order to get an examination and determine the cure) was a bad idea.