Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Buggy game since toddlers

2...Next

Comments

• AmbieCuddlesAmbieCuddles Posts: 28 New Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

i don't see anyone asking here and not able to post a new thread about it but it has to do with toddlers so I'm commenting here... ever since toddlers came out my sims cant take baths nor give baths to toddlers, I fixed my game no mods going tried different house holds everything I I have a family of vampires (just bought the download) and doing the 100 baby can someone help me? I have to cheat there needs when they get too dirty don't like doing that
    Are the bath tubs and showers Custom Content? If they are, the coding was probably broken. I had this happen in my game. I had to switch to a Maxis made bath tub to give my toddlers a bath.

Also I had a sinking toddler: whenever my toddler took food and sat down on a CC sofa to eat, they would sink down into the sofa and then pop up again. It was amusing to watch, but I had to eventually switch to a Maxis made sofa .

no i don't use any CC stuff (not sure how to add them) and thanks for the tip about moving the baby/toddler away from the tub it seems to work for now
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »

i don't see anyone asking here and not able to post a new thread about it but it has to do with toddlers so I'm commenting here... ever since toddlers came out my sims cant take baths nor give baths to toddlers, I fixed my game no mods going tried different house holds everything I I have a family of vampires (just bought the download) and doing the 100 baby can someone help me? I have to cheat there needs when they get too dirty don't like doing that
    Are the bath tubs and showers Custom Content? If they are, the coding was probably broken. I had this happen in my game. I had to switch to a Maxis made bath tub to give my toddlers a bath.

Also I had a sinking toddler: whenever my toddler took food and sat down on a CC sofa to eat, they would sink down into the sofa and then pop up again. It was amusing to watch, but I had to eventually switch to a Maxis made sofa .

no i don't use any CC stuff (not sure how to add them) and thanks for the tip about moving the baby/toddler away from the tub it seems to work for now

Hello
    It is good that moving the baby away from the bath tub has helped with the issue in your game :)
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited February 2017
    My toddlers won't have traits. Even if I go into CAS and give them traits, they stubbornly refuse to have any.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My toddlers won't have traits. Even if I go into CAS and give them traits, they stubbornly refuse to have any.

That sounds like a mod conflict. Try pulling those out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

If it's the no serenading mod, I'm going to scream.

Hello

If it's the no serenading mod, I'm going to scream.

Hello
    Try removing that mod, and then test to see if the issue remains. You will then be able to see if that is causing the issue.
  • StarWhispersStarWhispers Posts: 45 Member
    CursedDice wrote: »
    Deactivated all mods and CC and the game is buggier since update, but I get

queues getting stuck so I have to reset sim,

items can't be replaced when broken only repaired

sims take forever to do things that I can lose my toddlers because of how slow they are

the high chair

family members who fail to prioritise. if toddler is both tired and hungry, deal with hunger first so social doesn't come and take them. or parents who don't bother to feed the kid (they can do it autonomously, i've seen them do it) then couple that with sims take forever (and the obsessive need for every sim to pick up the toddler without addressing the actual issue) to do anything it's faster and more reliable to cheat need in a lot of cases
    sim switcher gets stuck

microwave gets stuck. sim will put food in microwave, but not complete the food prep. the only way to get food out is to trash the food
    baking cakes results in the baker automatically taking serving which ruins weddings and birthdays

sims get stuck with their queues not executing (had half my sims just stand there stuck for 30 in-game minutes). fixes itself when you pause. mods were active though

hair disappears when showering. although those sims were using cc hair. when i switched them to stock hair, it fixed soon after

contortionist bug. the arms become horribly mangled when carrying a toddler. it's infrequent. i think i got it once without mods

spray monster under the bed interaction broken. when the child asks the parent to spray monster, the parent never actually does it so the kid will run around for hours unable to sleep. you have to tell the parent to spray the monster.

contortionist bug part two. toddler sim stretches to adult size

t-pose glitch. sims get stuck in t-pose randomly

I agree :smile: My game has had many more bug, and glitches after these last few updates. Right now I have a sim who is literally stuck up in space with the aliens that abducted her! :open_mouth: Yep that's right, she has been partying with them for 4 in game sim days! :wink: She needs to get her .... home though as she is newly wed and a brand new mommy.
  • StarWhispersStarWhispers Posts: 45 Member
    To help to get her home, try having the sims household move to another home and see if she appears then at the new home.

Unfortunately that did not work. Thank you for your suggestion.
    To help to get her home, try having the sims household move to another home and see if she appears then at the new home.

Unfortunately that did not work. Thank you for your suggestion.

Hello
    I have posted another suggestion in the other thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15577264/#Comment_15577264