Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simmer Vs Simmer *Scoring up, New Round, Deadline April 15th

LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
32911187446_54fd10639d_o.png

One of my favorite duos in Home Design and Renovation is the Scott Brothers.

They have a show called Brother vs Brother and I will be adapting it into a sim version. A Simmer vs Simmer: A Home Renovation Contest. The House used will be an old one of mine that just went on the market. Your job is to renovate the house one room at a time and you will have two weeks as a deadline per room as well as a budget to work with for each room. You don't have to use the entire budget for that room which means you can use it for another room. On the flip side you can go over budget as well and then go under budget somewhere else, depends where you want to spend the money. Of course if you are over budget by the end of it, then you will be penalized.

You can break down interior walls but you can not change the exterior walls.

Every two weeks you would need to show pictures of the room and how much of your budget you used.

If you wish to not dedicate to the entire house's reno, that is fine too. Just join in on the weeks you want to. Each room will be judged separately and winners will be determined each round plus overall winners for those that complete the entire house.

Our Special Guest Host, Silver Simcott will be here to tell you more and answer all of your questions.

32911191376_3ac4f39d12_o.jpg "Quite excited to be here and to see what you can do. Don't be shy to join up or ask questions. I am here to answer them all. If you would like to sponsor or help judge please reach out to LE via PM."
Post edited by LadyEmillye on

Comments

• LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited April 2017
    Criteria/Assignment

The House you will be using is found here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9050160

The Layout of the house:

32911191676_9b69a4e309_o.jpg

32911192476_27832b4bc3_o.jpg

This floor has two different areas that can be used as a kitchen.

32798066842_a34c114d00_o.png

32911195806_e434dd45d6_o.png

Round 3 Challenge: Front Room, Hallways (Up and Downstairs), Entryway

In This Round you will need to renovate the Front Room (not the one in front of the kitchen, if you chose that as your kitchen), the entry way and the hallways, both up and downstairs. If you are unsure what is or is not allowed, example pics are provided as always with every round.

Your Budget: 30,000 simoleons

Criteria: Renovate the Front Room, Entryway and hallways
    - The Front Room can not have any type of electronics in it . .except for a phone or clock.
    - There must be indoor plants
    - There must be paintings
    - You can move the hallways or add to, but bear in mind the rooms.
    - The Staircase can not be moved or enlarged
    - The Front room can not be kid friendly (no toys)
    - Use of clutter items in the hallways is encouraged
    Pictures required of the new renovated space
    Picture showing the amount of the budget used
    Absolutely NO CC
    CAP is Allowed

Deadline: April 15th
    edited April 2017
    Examples

I will showcase my examples here as I work on budgets for you.

The Front Room, Hallways and Entryway!!!

32950767354_204a2075c7_h.jpg

32980513863_65698a6d1b_h.jpg

33752659046_37d22ffcfe_o.jpg

32950524614_acdb857ded_o.jpg

32950524594_324117e529_o.jpg

33664010591_a495e610ff_o.jpg

33664010521_0b261b7a45_o.jpg

33752654416_3a512afbb1_o.jpg

32980506953_7c585927d5_o.jpg

33664009881_b4fd2f985a_o.jpg

33793369725_d83ac83f40_o.jpg
    edited April 2017
    Entries

edited April 2017
    Scores/Placement

Scores will be scored out of 10 based on your pictures. The score is a combination of your design, picture quality and overall.
    Judge's pick will add 2 points to the score.
    Comments will be given.

Judging based on order of when it was posted.

@LillaGrisen 8/10 +2 for Judge's Pick

What a wonderful reno and landscape. The space was utilized beautifully without over cluttering the space. It seems so understated but in an elegant sort of way. I can definitely see a family living there in style and comfort.

@creativemetaphor 7.5/10

Your build was definitely ambitious, and it looks great, but it also looks a bit overgrown and not as well kept. I do like where you added in the pool, although I am not sure about the below ground level area. It seems a bit out of place or a bit too much. You took the risk though and I enjoy seeing that.

@LillaGrisen, you are the winner of this round, please let me know what you would like to do with your 250 simpoint winnings.
    edited February 2017
    FAQs!
    aricarai wrote: »
    Looks good LE. :mrgreen:
    What do you mean by Kosher Kitchens/Apartment Style?

Kosher Kitchens are separate kitchens for dairy and meat. They are prepared separately. A lot of times it would be kept in one area, but as both spaces are small, you could have two separate kitchens. Apartment Style, literally converting the house into a duplex.
    pixiegamer wrote: »

If you wish to not dedicate to the entire house's reno, that is fine too. Just join in on the weeks you want to. Each room will be judged separately and winners will be determined each round plus overall winners for those that complete the entire house.

Oooh this might work out perfect then! I love these kinds of competitions and have recently been getting back into my game. I'd love to try and participate as much as I can :)

@LadyEmillye Do you have any limitations on EP/SP/Store Content or themes? Would you prefer a more realistic house style or can we go all-out fantasy?

You are free to do any design for the house you wish while sticking to the few rules I provided :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited February 2017
    aricarai wrote: »

Kosher Kitchens are separate kitchens for dairy and meat. They are prepared separately. A lot of times it would be kept in one area, but as both spaces are small, you could have two separate kitchens. Apartment Style, literally converting the house into a duplex or apartments.
  • pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited February 2017

Oooh this might work out perfect then! I love these kinds of competitions and have recently been getting back into my game. I'd love to try and participate as much as I can :)

@LadyEmillye Do you have any limitations on EP/SP/Store Content or themes? Would you prefer a more realistic house style or can we go all-out fantasy?
    Post edited by pixiegamer on
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @Silver Simcott - I have a question. Are you single??

:lol:
    edited February 2017
    pixiegamer wrote: »

You are free to do any design for the house you wish while sticking to the few rules I provided :)
    edited February 2017
    ZeeGee wrote: »

LOL, Yes he is! I was going to upload him after the contest was over lol.

LOL, Yes he is! I was going to upload him after the contest was over lol.

So we can use any room we want for the kitchen? We don't have to use the one you marked as kitchen?

No, you have to use one of the ones marked as kitchen.
    Two questions, I love your kitchen! Where did you get the undercounter lights?

Second question, before I start knocking down walls I need to know what room is next to it. So even though we're not redoing the other rooms yet can you tell us what they are?
    edited February 2017
    double post
    Two questions, I love your kitchen! Where did you get the undercounter lights?

Second question, before I start knocking down walls I need to know what room is next to it. So even though we're not redoing the other rooms yet can you tell us what they are?

Thank you :) I believe they came with ITF . .not sure, I can check when I go back in game.

I am going through the rooms now, decorating them and getting budgets, however, since everyone will be doing a different renovation, or using one of the two kitchen areas or both, I haven't specified the rest of the rooms to allow more creative freedom. I don't want to discourage someone's design.

Like I have them tagged for myself, based on my design. Plus you can also enlarge the kitchen.

I dunno if that helps or not lol.
    Okay here's my problem. In trying to design my kitchen I want to knock a wall down and have the next room be a dining room eventually. But if you have that room that I want to use as a dining room tagged for future renovation for something else, then my design won't work. So I think it would be helpful just to tell us which rooms are going to be renovated and what their purpose will be. That way we won't mess up a room for a future challenge. Did that question make sense? Or maybe I'm not completely understanding the rules. I've never watched that show so don't know exactly how it works.
    As Stated above:
    I haven't specified the rest of the rooms to allow more creative freedom. I don't want to discourage someone's design.

Just think about your design, and think of the rest of the rooms in general terms. Like design a living room, design a dining room. Obviously each design will be different hence for the statement above.

Make sense now?
    Ok, so one of the rooms you designated as kitchen HAS to be the kitchen, but with the other rooms we have creative freedom? So like if the next room we renovate is the living room we can choose which room to use?
    Yup exactly ^.^

Ok finally I got it! Lol. Thanks for being so patient.
    LOL, naww worries!
    Alright, so the entire first floor's budget has been planned out. Upstairs will be next and then the exterior budget. Will probably be looking at 18 weeks in total if I group the entire upstairs. Again, you don't need to do every single room, just join in on the ones you want! Or you can do the entire house, up to you. If I can shorten it a bit more, I will try and group some of the rooms together and maybe add a week? Thoughts?
    I don't really mind that it takes awhile to finish. That way I won't get behind!