Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NRaas Tools - pre-populating worlds in version 1.69 problem

Dr_NonsequiturDr_Nonsequitur Posts: 77 Member
edited February 2017 in The Sims 3 Game Tools
Posted February 16th 2017
RePosted to Create a World section Feb 17th 2017

I've posted to TSR, MTS, NRaas and here now regarding a problem pre-populating my world.
I've pre-populated worlds before - just to test how to do it and had no problems, but that was a couple years ago.
Since the upgrade to game version 1.69 I have not been able to pre-populate a world.

* Whether using EA's SaveSim, NRaas Porter, or using "makesim" no sim placed into ANY world in EIG and exported is visible.
* I make sure that the sims is fresh from CAS - absolutely no tweaks to anything.
* I've reinstalled The Sims 3 and all EP's used for my build.
* I've reinstalled CAW (for game version 1.69)
* I've reinstalled all NRaas Tools used for game version 1.69
* I only use ErrorTrap, MC, MC Cheats, DE, and Porter in Mods folder - no other packages.
* I used a separate computer profile for building the world and another for testing the exported world. With each export I used a fresh Sims 3 game folder and did not have a MOD's folder for testing the export.

And yes... I have read everything on the Net regarding Pre-populating worlds - basically, repostings of the original document.

My question to you is this:

Has anyone tried to pre-populate a world (version 1.69) and noticed this problem?
Has anyone found a work-around?
Is there any other way to pre-populate a world?

According to the good people at NRaas - little or no testing was done on their tools to check fuctionality with version 1.69 and export through CAW. It seems to be one of those back-burner things to check.

Comments

• Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Dr_Nonsequitur I have been using 1.69 since it was rolled out and have not had any problems populating worlds. I used it extensively this past year when I was working on my last world.
    Whether using EA's SaveSim, NRaas Porter, or using "makesim" no sim placed into ANY world in EIG and exported is visible.

Could you clarify what you mean by this? Are you saying that you can successfully add sims to your world in EIG (see them and their portraits fine) but that when you export the world and play it in game, nobody is there?

Or that in the exported world, everyone is there, but you only see their portraits and speech balloons, not their bodies?

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for your feedback @ts1depot

While in EIG the sims are visible. This can be in any world even a newly created bare-bones world specific for testing placed sims for export.
    Once exported only the Plumbob of the active sim and the thought bubbles show. There is no sim-family portrait in Edit-Town. It takes some time for the individual "family" portraits (ones at the left side of the screen above the control panel) if at all. Most all the time there is no portrait of these sims anywhere.

So, Thought bubbles - yes
    Plumbob - yes
    Portrat - no
    Sims - no
    Are you saying that you can successfully add sims to your world in EIG (see them and their portraits fine) but that when you export the world and play it in game, nobody is there?
    YES!

I've tried reinstalling everything (The Sims 3 and EP's, NRaas Tools, CAW) at the same time - results: invisible sims
    I've tried building a bare-bones small-flat-undecorated world with only a section of road and a couple houses. The sims show in EIG but are invisible in-game after export.
    I made sure sims are fresh from CAS with no changes to any sim parameter or setting.
    I tried using "makesim" and assigning to a lot without making any changes to the sim.
    Although the sims show in EIG - they are always invisible once exported.
    I have tried this with both not touching the Global layer and clearing out the global objects layer.

I'm about to clean my system out and start fresh again with everything Sim related - perhaps the "Ghost in the machine"... is playing around - you know how those Sim's can be...

It's very interesting that you use Ver 1.69 and you're not having trouble. This leads me to suspect I may have a corrupted Master Controller since not even "makesim" worked.

Since I'm stuck here until resolved - I have some time on my hands to rebuild my Sims system from scratch today. Slow ISP so will take the weekend but if it resolves...

Thanks again for your feedback. I wasn't sure if it was my machine, or which software component is causing this. A very slow process narrowing this problem down. At least I now know others using Ver 1.69 are not having this trouble.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Dr_Nonsequitur I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with this.

I guess it's too late to suggest this because you said you've started the process of cleaning your system out. But if the problem happens again after you've finished cleaning, maybe you could try importing/exporting with only the Nraas mods installed in the mods folder and not anything else (not "ErrorTrap, MC, MC Cheats, DE, and Porter"). It could be that those other mods are causing some kind of conflict. There's a tendency in the sims community to think that mods are glitch free and can't cause any problems, but I have never found that to be the case.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    deadhaus123deadhaus123 Posts: 475 Member
    Sorry to hear all these problems are happening to people with that patch. I will be on 1.67 until the next installment of the sims series!
    [img][/img]UjBiOYQ.jpg
  • Options
    DeuceyBabyDeuceyBaby Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2017
    I feel bad for the folks who upgraded to 1.69 before they knew what they were getting themselves into.

I've made a backup of my CD images, product keys, and my 1.67 super patch for that very reason.

I have a registered download of ts3 on origin that can now sadly never be used.

Hint hint, PM me. :o
    I've got a double plumicide on 1st and Main. Witnessnes said the sus screamed you mother plumber (at the plumber and her son) and hit both vics with a round of ripe purple plums (plucked from the bountiful barrels of a 9mm shotplum).
  • Options
    Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    @Dr_Nonsequitur I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with this.

I guess it's too late to suggest this because you said you've started the process of cleaning your system out. But if the problem happens again after you've finished cleaning, maybe you could try importing/exporting with only the Nraas mods installed in the mods folder and not anything else (not "ErrorTrap, MC, MC Cheats, DE, and Porter"). It could be that those other mods are causing some kind of conflict. There's a tendency in the sims community to think that mods are glitch free and can't cause any problems, but I have never found that to be the case.

Those are all NRaas mods and are very heavily used, so I'm not sure the issue stems from those ...

I just started creating my own world last week so I don't have much more input on this ... but will be trying to do it in the future!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Those are all NRaas mods and are very heavily used, so I'm not sure the issue stems from those ...

Well, in that case, I would suggest to the OP to have only the two specific mods needed to import sims installed. It couldn't hurt to at least test that out.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Supersoph13Supersoph13 Posts: 647 Member
    I have been creating my first world for the last few months, I haven't got to populating it yet but that was to be my very-soon next step. I am on patch 1.69. I can test it out sooner than I planned to see if the problems effect me too, maybe to help narrow it down for you :smile:
    My Sim, living her best life...
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Dr_Nonsequitur is this still an issue for you?

I've finally gotten around to populating my world and it's worked rather well :neutral: every sim is showing and playable. Only issue I have is that quite a few of my Sims have changed clothes(!) and I had added a couple cats and dogs to some households which show as being pure black in the household picture (in edit town, above the picture of their house,where you can evict, merge, split, share etc) but are normal looking when playing them.

At first I couldn't get "makesim" to work, and then I realised I hadn't actually put Debug enabler in my folder, it was still on my desktop :unamused::lol:

I have all of the following Nraas Mods installed (plus a few other non-nraas mods and some CC too) - Debug Enabler, Porter, Gohere, Selector, Errortrap, MC, MC with Cheats, Register, Traveler and Overwatch.
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    Only issue I have is that quite a few of my Sims have changed clothes(!)

It sounds as if you might have run the game with the EPs and SPs unchecked in the launcher. If you did, that's what happens. The game will think that you're missing hairstyles and clothing and will substitute them with alternatives from the base game.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    @ts1depot Yes, thanks, I did already think that. :smile:
    The first thing I did, before even writing my reply in this thread was to check in buy mode, and all my EPs are there showing objects so idk.
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    @Dr_Nonsequitur is this still an issue for you?

I've finally gotten around to populating my world and it's worked rather well :neutral: every sim is showing and playable. Only issue I have is that quite a few of my Sims have changed clothes(!) and I had added a couple cats and dogs to some households which show as being pure black in the household picture (in edit town, above the picture of their house,where you can evict, merge, split, share etc) but are normal looking when playing them.

At first I couldn't get "makesim" to work, and then I realised I hadn't actually put Debug enabler in my folder, it was still on my desktop :unamused::lol:

I have all of the following Nraas Mods installed (plus a few other non-nraas mods and some CC too) - Debug Enabler, Porter, Gohere, Selector, Errortrap, MC, MC with Cheats, Register, Traveler and Overwatch.

The only Nraas Mods you should have installed if you plan on making the world available for other players are MC, MC Cheats, DE, and Porter (for population)
    The others shouldn't be there as they can carry code that would be undesirable for other players if they don't have them. GoHere, Register and Traveller in particular should never be there.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    @ScottDemon Thats interesting/good to know. This world I've made however is for me only but if I ever make another I'll be sure to remember, thanks for the knowledge!
    pxs8nzx2nk1b.png
    #RagsToRiches
  • Options
    I only have MC, MC Cheats, and Porter installed (NRaas).

I noticed that if I have any custom clothing the problem is immediate after compiling.
    Also, if there are any problems at all (even if the object looks and functions perfectly) none of the Sims are visible.

I painstakingly removed one item from my Downloads folder at a time, cleaned and re-compiled the world. Each iteration had no effect until I found one corrupted. After removing that offending object - Sims would show ONLY if there were no Custom Clothing and fresh out of CAS.

It still seems hit-or-miss. Very problematic. I decided to make a "Saved Game".

This subject needs to be addressed though. There seems to be a subtle glitch buried in the machine.