Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Marigold91 showcase - new build! Greenhouse/garden

marigold91marigold91 Posts: 81 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi all!

Just completed this build, been inspired to do something romantic/fairy tale related. As you can probably tell, I'm super into landscaping now. Would really appreciate all feedback :)

gallery link here

eHvoGo1.jpg

FiL935C.jpg

Wx3r2JO.jpg

Happy valentines day everyone :) !

Post edited by marigold91 on

Comments

• Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    And now I want to watch Tangled! Lol.

Very nice build. I may just have to download it so that I can explore it a bit more. I have a feeling your images don't do it justice, not that there's anything wrong with them, but I can certainly imagine a lot more awesome going on inside AND outside with all of your beautiful landscaping.

Cheers,
    Ro
  • marigold91marigold91 Posts: 81 Member
    @Rostri-Jodu thank you very much for the lovely words :) I love Tangled it's one of my favorite Disney movies :) hope you have fun exploring the build!
  • MegHoustMegHoust Posts: 7 New Member
    That is beautiful! I wish I was half as creative as you are
    @MegHoust awh thank you very much :) it just takes a bit of practice, I was rubbish when i started! Will be looking forward to seeing your build :)
  • SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    WOW! Amazing! I love landscaping too but overdid the last so to problem solve I started the whole build fresh and replicated the swamp/cabin lol! Will post the part 1 video in my showcase later but I really love this build! Reason is I am trying to get it to place MOO free :) but gorgeous build
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Love how creative you are! I'd find it difficult to build that, you're really talented. I love a good landscape to!! :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,567 Member
    Let Down Your Hair is such a very nice fairytale themed build! :) The exterior design of the tower looks so very nice, and the outdoors areas looks so very great! Very nice roofing! The greenery looks very nice on the tower walls. The landscaping work looks so very nice! The plants, flowers and trees through the outdoors areas look very great! The lilypad water areas surrounding the tower looks very nice. The rocks look nice how they have been placed on the edges of the water. Very nice reading nook inside the tower. Sims will enjoy sitting resting there reading a book from the bookcase. The teapots are a nice homely touch on the coffee table, and the books look great on the ground beside the chair,and near the bookcase.
    The build is very nice! :)
    @Sorceress Thank you! And let me know when the video is up :) yeh I can never tell if I've done too much landscaping or if it's ok... :)

@TheBristolSimmer thank you for the kind words :) It was a really fun build to do :)

@rosemow thank you for your lovely comments as always :) you're such a heart of this community :)
    marigold91 wrote: »
    @Sorceress Thank you! And let me know when the video is up :) yeh I can never tell if I've done too much landscaping or if it's ok... :)

@TheBristolSimmer thank you for the kind words :) It was a really fun build to do :)

@rosemow thank you for your lovely comments as always :) you're such a heart of this community :)

It's up :)
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
    edited February 2017
    Thanks to your builds you made me realise to build my build how I want it even if it requires MOO activation for placement! I realised tonight that I just couldn't rebuild this build! I couldn't think of another way that I wanted the swamp to be as I loved it as it was. So I placed the new rooms which were amazing and better than the first in the first build with the completed swamp! Will start videos on the next build but just right now I couldn't bring myself to try and redo the swamp how I wouldn't like it etc. So I moved back to my completed swamp which I had saved and changed a few things up in it that I had learnt from the second build! I just realised I had to build it how I want too not restrict myself totally so it can be placed MOO free as I wouldn't like the build that way! As I was just getting too fustrated and over the build trying to redo the whole thing and work out a solution! So as said I decided to stick with what I had already started even if MOO to place it is required.

Future builds I will aim to have less in the landscaping etc (but still really pretty landscaping) but this build I just couldn't avoid it to get it looking how I wanted it to look. And you helped me realise that by looking back on your thread and seeing ones that require MOO to be placed that you did just cause that was how you wanted them to be. And I realised I wouldn't like this build any other way and I had to be happy with what I was making even if that means MOO activation to place the build.

Thanks for that
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
    @Sorceress :) i'm glad i could help! I think MOO is super useful, you can make things look so much more realistic and natural :) especially for landscaping. And at the end of the day, the most important thing is you are happy with what you make, and have fun doing it! :)
    edited February 2017
    Will PM my response :)
    Post edited by Sorceress on
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
    Keep looking at this build! So beautiful and inspiring. Also as said in PM sorry about the vent last night. All good now
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
    edited February 2017
    Newest build I just finished inspired by the current QC Create a Room Contest

It's a lounge, with an underwater feel at the bottom floor and cozy jazz music style top.]

Gallery link

Let me know what you think! :)

KXNtAI0.jpg
    bekwH9Z.jpg
    8Pjv4L9.jpg
    BJHeeM1.jpg
    tdMje7W.jpg

Vlad came to try and drink everyone's blood on opening night!
    DqDcPC0.jpg
    VrpQPfC.jpg

edited February 2017
    Lakeside Lounge is very nice! :) Very nice layout of the build! The water looks nice around the outside area of the building.The pond water fountain section is very nice! The lilypads in the water and the white flowers and candles on the edge look very nice. The rocks look great on the edges of the pond. Very nice dining and bar areas! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The drinks display shelves look great on the wall. The sparkles are pretty on the floor. The sofa and armchairs sitting room area looks very nice! Sims will sitting there resting and chatting. The wall pattern looks very nice and the patterned flooring gives a very nice look to the room area! It is nice that there is a corner music nook for musicians to play musical instruments. The sims will enjoy listening to the music being played whilst sitting at the tables having a drink. The black booth seating and tables nook looks very nice! Sims will enjoy dining there. Very nice private dining nook. The rose and candle look pretty on the table top.
    It is a very nice venue for sims to enjoy visiting :)
  • lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    The bar is very charming, especially with a little pool area, although I am sure my sims would just get completely distracted by that! Have you considered splitting the foundation for the stage to be raised a bit? You'd probably have to keep the pool on the foundation too, and not sure if it would still technically be one room, but it could be an interesting area to explore :)
    @lyssan thanks for the comments :) in the ideal world the stage would have been raised on a split foundation, but it is actually in the upstairs room. Is there a way of still doing it when it's not on the ground floor?
  • lyssanlyssan Posts: 53 Member
    Hmm, definitely not with foundations. You could make it a faux raised stage by putting a small fence around it and placing something flat at the bottom (some sort of slab?), but sims would definitely glitch through that :) I'd still put one of the tiny fences around it, even without raising it - I found that it cuts off two types of ground really well (I use it around garden paths all the time), maybe this in itself would make it look more stage-y?
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Fabulous showcase with wonderful builds. Let Down Your Hair is truly amazing, so romantic and beautiful, fresh from a fairytale :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    WOW! I am blown away by your fairy tale build! Reminded me of Rapunzel's castle! Great design and landscaping. <3
    @yanti68 thank you! glad you like it :)
    edited April 2017
    Hi all!

Ah I've been away for a while I've missed you all <3 my laptop broke :( it's having a better day today, so getting to do some builds! Speaking off, any recommendations on a new one to buy?

Anyway! Here is a pretty recent build I did that I'm actually quite happy with :) Hope you all like it, and, as always, asking for any comments.

Link:
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0EBCD28EFEBF11E68E77CEA2275DD5CA?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Marigold91&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false

OnjuT3C.jpg
    ThbWPFn.jpg
    y3IAvqp.jpg
    cjUPOA3.jpg
    eGinMu0.jpg
    tH9ExCI.jpg
    wXVhShJ.jpg
    rvCwUjY.jpg
    l32ZX4a.jpg
    4OpJEIr.jpg
    CE6eBcw.jpg

So, there we go!

Any ideas what I should do next?
    Post edited by marigold91 on
    The French Chateau look so very grand! :) The exterior design of the home looks so very creatively great! Very grand design of the roofing! It looks so very nice! The large water fountain looks nice in the front area patio. The wall texture of the exterior gives a great look to the build. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The design of the bar counter alcove in the dining area looks so very nice! The items look very nice placed on the wall shelving there! The red and black colour scheme of the room looks very nice! The flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see when dining at the table. The living room is very nice! The green patterned walls look nice.and it looks nice how the sofas have been placed there. Sims will enjiy sittimg there resting and chatting. The art room is great! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel or crafting on the woodwork table. The art decor items and tools wall shelf add great touches to the room. It is very nice that there is a indoors pool nook! Sims will enjoy swimming there! Very nice sitting room! Sims will enjoy sitting on the chairs , having a chat together or enjoying reading a book from the bookcases. The portrait looks nice on the wall. Very nice wall patterning in the bedrooms. The pink and green colour schemes of the bedrooms look very nice. The design and layout of the kitchen looks very nice! The teapots and bottles wall shelves, hanging cutlery and fruit picture are nice kitchen home touches there. The bathroom looks so very nice! The candles and the colourful sparkles around the tubs look so very pretty! The lit tree print is a nice touch on the wall.
    It is a very grand and nice home! :)
    @rosemow thank you for your lovely comments :)
    edited April 2017
    Hello my lovelies :)

Secret Garden build is (quite obviously) inspired by the current Plant Sim event. Hope you like it!
    (fully play tested, but please make sure you have the move objects cheat enabled when placing. Also, the house is quite tiny, so only suitable for 1-2 sims :) )

Gallery Link

wD0Fqg3.jpg
    G8FGVUK.jpg
    zjnIvUe.jpg
    Ahrd9FK.jpg
    uewjiVW.jpg

edit: just noticed I forgot to place a mailbox. Oops. Please plan accordingly