Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenge Blog: The Bunker - Legendary Legacy

I am preparing to start a legendary legacy challenge that I put together earlier: The Bunker - Legendary Legacy Feel free to check this challenge out, and if you have any tips or comments on it please do let me know so I can make it even better!

I have long wanted to get the Legendary Legacy achievement of running a household for 100 generations, and I am looking forward to it! At this moment I already made the bunker (screenshots at rules topic) on Windenburgs 64x64 island lot, and I am about to create my founder and settle him. Ofcourse I will share screenshots and details as soon as I have made him!

On a sidenote: For those who are curious why I chose a strict patriarchy for this challenge (male founder, firstborn sons as heirs) that has mostly to do with having done 2 kinds of 100 baby challenges where the focus was so much on the mums and daughters, that I felt like doing something radically different here. The major differences are ofcourse the male founder and the sons, but also that this time it doesn't evolve around plopping as many babies as fast as I can but focusing on the heir and then progressing with them, instead of having one sim which practically has it all and waiting bored for the next thing to happen!

I will also, just like previously, keep track of all my generations in a google doc that you can view here!

List of Mods I'm using
  • MC Command Center
  • (All other mods on the list have gone poof as their functionality is also in MC Command Center by now.)

I am using MC Command Center for this challenge, with a max household size of 25, so I can keep all generations and their heirs in the household. I also use a number of other tweaks that I personally don't consider cheating, that help a lot in a large household like that. Mainly thing like autonomous paying of bills, autonomous repairs and autonomous cleaning, because to me these settings are more completing of the full autonomy setting then that they are cheating.

For mods and custom content goes the same as for the challenge, any and all suggestions are most welcome!
Post edited by AlHollandiyah on

Comments

• soccer_emmysoccer_emmy Posts: 114 Member
    Woooo! Can't wait!
  • AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Woooo! Can't wait!

Start it together with me? Then we can inspire eachother!
    Sure! I'd love to help in any way I can!
    edited August 2017
    So I made my founder. I found it very difficult for a number of reasons, but mainly because I never really focused on designing male sims that much before, they were always the sideline of the story. I also have a tendency to always make them the same, which I tried to avoid this time. I succeeded partially by making an near-albino African sim, but i failed miserably when it came to clothing because I just love to dress my male sims in blue.

He is a bit of a nerdy business type of guy, he loves to write books, is a bit romantic and more then a bit geeky.... He is also very skinny at this moment and lost a lot of muscle do to the stress of everything that happened to him before he found safety in the bunker, but nothing that a bit of time and better food won't fix, and that's more then can be said of the many people who were tragically lost.

Presenting to you: Laurence Legend!

CAS Details:

MAkSNE9.png

Mugshot:

hjYndlB.png

Outfits: (Blue, anyone? Sigh!)

n53IYdt.png

The Legend household is downloadable from the gallery if you look me up under my EA tag, which is also AlHollandiyah, just like my forum name.

I also made a google doc to keep track of all my generations, that you can view here!
    I like him a lot! You did a great job, even with all the blue :D Don't worry, blue is my favorite color.
    edited February 2017
    So I created my bunker, I choose the 64x64 island lot in Windenburg as I think it's the ideal getaway to flee to a bunker. I made two basement floors, the size of the whole lot, and added a free "flat square" from the walls section on top to make the bunker visible on the world map. I also placed 2 mailboxes to mark the middle of the side where the sims spawn, because that's where the entrance will be later on. I also shared the lot (without mailboxes, I added those after moving Laurence in) on the gallery for anyone who wants it!

Screenshots:

kx6v76W.png

GkNqlrH.png

I moved Laurence in with freerealestate and set his funds to 2500, next time I play I will tp him in, get him some basic furniture, and spawn his random spouse. I also decided to colorcode generations, meaning I will dress a couple in the same colour. In this case, Laurence and his wife will both have blue clothes, and when the heir gets a spouse I will also dress her in the same color as him. As soon as I spawned her in I will share screenshots of her and of them together here!
    edited February 2017
    Ok, let me say, the 2500 starter budget is going to be a challenge, but it is do-able. I just bought the bare necessities, looking very critical for what I have to buy and what I can buy later. I bought mostly or all base game stuff, the cheapest stuff available (and nothing used), and it looks VERY survivalistic because there is a large basement without any internal walls and just some random furniture. (And 2 ceiling lights that aren't on the screenshot.) The next 100 generations will have to be creative to upgrade this bunker!

Screenshot:

VKqclZE.png
  • MegHoustMegHoust Posts: 7 New Member
    I love this challenge. I'm really thinking about doing it myself.
    edited February 2017
    Awesome! Feel free to use the rules topic to post your own updates, screenshots and progress, or a link to them, just like people do with the 100 baby challenge! And if you have any suggestions to tweak it or add to it to make it better please let me know!
    Ok, so I tried spawning him a young adult spouse with sims.spawnsimple, and I immediately ran into a problem: the cheatcode only spawns us adults. No young adults, and no elders. Just adults. So I updated the rules that for this purpose you are allowed to edit the first female that spawns with a mod or cheat or cas full edit to make her a young adult, and ONLY that. Nothing else can be changed this way.

And then I want to introduce to you the companion for my founder, which is thus a random female aged down to young adult. I will keep the first name of all spawned in ladies as what they spawned with, and change their surname to Legend to make sure their offspring always has that name too.

Details about her:

zrbVgUe.png

Before & After her outfit makeover:

PjrsdGg.png

This is it for today, as always any comments, tips, suggestions, basically anything you'd like to say is more then welcome! I'd love some input from the community!
  • thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    I've just found this and it seems awesome! I can't wait to see what happens and how this will play through. If you need any help, I'm here!
    Added a gray list of custom content to the original rules topic, and therefore also here. Check it out!
    edited February 2017
    Oke, so here is an update for the first day of gameplay! I started!! Yayy!! Ofcourse there were two main priorities for the first day, namely starting them out on a skill that will bring in some money (writing) and also getting them married! Yes, I said that. Married. Because I don't think starting a patriarchy with just a random girl that he hasn't married is a thing. So I had them spent some time talking, getting to know each other, and then I proposed and she said yes! I also had them elope immediately because there is no way I could plan them a wedding when they are the only 2 sims in the bunker and can't get out!

As far as skills go: First of all i sold the easel in exchange for 2 extra chairs and 2 notebooks so I could have them practice writing. And then I found a problem. I can't reach the mailbox before I have built an exit hatch. And I can't sell books before I can reach the mailbox. And I can't afford the exit hatch before I can sell books. This is obviously what playtesting does, so I am going to change the rules regarding the exit hatch! Keep an eye on the rules topic for more info!
    edited February 2017
    Ok, so I had to change my basic bunker to add an entrance to it, so what I did was sell all the furniture, move my sims out, build an entrance and moved them back in with free real estate. Then I reset their balance to 2500 and bought the same set of furniture for them. Still no easel, but only 2 notebooks to start with the writing skills and later (when at level 4) write books. For screenshots of the entrance check the spoiler in the original topic, here is a screenshot of their living area as it is now. Still pretty basic because they haven't earned any money yet. I didn't even have enough money to light up the entrance chambers upstairs, but that will come!

tcN6BAT.png
    Due to technical issues with the notebook and changes of the entrance / staircase rules after playtesting this new challenge I have to start again. That means there is a change in the basic layout of the starter bunker, of which I will share screenshots tomorrow. You can already download the newer bunker from the gallery (EA ID AlHollandiyah just like here on the forum) if you don't want to wait for screenshots! I will also have to start up a new save for it as I want any achievements and other counters to be reset properly. It also means that Laurence is down to zero skills and being unmarried, and I am very curious which random wife he will start with this new round. More news tomorrow!
    edited March 2017
    Here are some screenshots of the reworked bunker, with the complete staircase going down to both floors, which is downloadable from the gallery under my EA Tag AlHollandiyah.

Entire Lot:
    G9CPBWb.jpg

Entrace - Front (roofed):
    60H9UY6.png

Entrance - Side (open):
    7TuqB5K.jpg

Staircase - First Basement:
    kbb8Ims.png

Staircase - Second Basement:
    yyyIFP1.png

I have a rough idea of what I want to want inside the bunker. I want to make 8 private "family apartments" in the lowest floor, that each have a master bedroom, one kids bedroom (they will have to share) a bathroom, a separate toilet and a little living area, but no kitchen. As I'm planning to keep the older generations around (large household mod) each patriarch/heir will get one of these apartments with his assigned spouse and their kids. When the next heir grows up he will also get one of the apartments.

In the center of the lower floor I want to make a general lounge area, a dining area with a complete kitchen, and the water section of a pool accessible from the floor above. Also a big bathroom area with toilets and showers that can be used by everyone. Anything they could possibly need to survive, if due to safety reasons they need to stay downstairs.

The top level basement will be the area where they work for money, grind all their skills, and chill out. So there will be many different types of skill rooms, and an indoor garden where the gardeners can grow food for the whole community. (If that even works 'inside'....) For chilling I am planning to build a nice swimming pool complete with backyard stuff waterslides, but likely also other types of leisure areas. I also want to build an in-bunker bowling area if that is possible on a residential lot.
    edited March 2017
    I put some basic furniture in the bunker on both sides of the stairs as I can't afford walls yet. I had also changed the starter budget from 2500 to 4000 after that first playtesting, because the limitation of not being able to leave the bunker or the lot mean that you can't use anything outside to make money. If you add a budget of just 2500 to that including having to light up the entrances and stairways, it's just too difficult. You need to be able to start your sims on making some money from the get go, else you can't build up anything really. It will probably be 'possible' but it should also be playable, so hence these two changes to the rules (4k and lighting already in the build before moving in).

Due to the new budget I managed to buy a cheap fridge, a single counter and a cheap stove for the kitchen, as well as a table with 4 chairs on the right side of the stairs. I also added an easel and a cheap computer for painting and writing books. On the left side I bought a simple shower, toilet and sink for the 'bathrooom', and a cheap double bed from the basegame.

Screenshot:
    pl9BofU.png

I also spawned Laurence his assigned spouse, a randomly spawned female sim that is called Danica Tolliva. I gave her a makeover of her clothes, removed her makeup (personal preference) but kept her hair as it was. She is squeamish, ambitious and cheerfull. She also has a City Native aspiration, which is very unfortunate for her as she will never leave this bunker alive. Mean me. She will just have to make due, as all of our 100 generations will!

Screenshot:
    08ws8Kf.png
    edited March 2017
    I've made good progress today. After a tiny bit of a struggle I managed to have Laurence and his assigned partner Danica fall in love and then they eloped on the spot! I am planning to have them try for a bavy tomorrow and I hope for a boy, for an heir.

To make money I had Danica paint and Laurence writing books. He has written 4 so far and hasn't published them yet vecause I'm waiting for stage 3 of the writers aspiration where he needs to publish 10. In the meanwhile I'm selling Danica's paintings for money.

As far as the interior goes I haven't made much progress because there is no steady source of income yet, but I did manage to get a 2nd cheap computer and a second easel, as well as a nano trashcan that will help getting more money.

In the meanwhile I'd love some input from people reading this topic. What should I save for first with the money I make? And what would be a nice name for the first Legend heir or a possible sister? All ideas and suggestions are welcome!
    As I said yesterday I wanted to have them try for a baby today. Well. I did. And I used MC Command Center as a pregnancy scanner. (Hey, we have ultrasounds in real life, why wouldn't I be allowed to know what she carries?) I am completely flabbergasted!!!! I was hoping for an heir to start generation 2 of the 100 I want. But I did NOT expect THIS! And I really, really, really did not do this. This happened all naturally!

SvBPcnn.png

This is like the 2nd time, ever!!!!, that I had natural triplets in the sims 4. And after asking for an heir, how cool is it that I get 3! As for the heir, that will be the firstborn. Oh my I am in for some big trouble. I haven't played with ANY toddlers in the sims yet, and now I have triplets! Ooooh! We need names! I love to give them names that fit together, so anyone who has ideas, let me know!!
    Triplet toddlers will be such a handful! But they will definitely be cute! Can't wait for pictures!
    Any inspiration for names? Something that sounds like a set of triplets?
    Oh man I could come up with names for days lol! But here are just a few:

1. Luke, Liam and Levi
    2. Oliver, Sawyer and Everett
    3. Elliott, Carter and Graham
    4. Henry, Charlie and Jack
    5. Hudson, Logan and Evan
    6. Cameron, Connor and Cade
    edited March 2017
    Nice, are those sets of names that are tied together or just 3 names that you like as a pack?
    I just googled it and found a couple I liked. There were so many to chose from lol.
    Soooooo, I am happy to announce the birth of Lewis, Hugh and Dwayne, a set of boy triplets! Lewis is going to be the heir, and the other two will be moved out when they become YA. I also made some progress on money and skills. Danica has been painting a lot and Laurence has written a number of books. He is now in his 3rd level of the Writers aspiration. I waited publishing his books untill he had at least 10 so I could immediately score those points on this tab, so I just got the first money for it.

We also have had our share of dramatic stuff happening. Danica wanted to bake pancakes due to her pregnancy, so I let her do it. And then the cheap stove caught fire. Insurance gave them 200 for the stove and counter that were ruined, replacing them cost a total of 500. And that were the cheapest ones you could get (new). That unsettled everyone for a while, but now they are fine and nobody got hurt.

I used the money from painting to upgrade some of the stuff they owned. The bed, toilet and shower have been replaced with the cheapest non-uncomfortable ones, the stove and fridge one tier more expensive (but still cheap) and the computers have also been upgraded. Next on the list is to buy some proper toddler stuff, like beds and potties.

I also changed up the google doc I use to keep track of everything to calculate some more stats, just because I can! Check it out! Any ideas to improve it are also most welcome!