Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Detective career broken?

Does this work? I don't seem to ever be able to find a suspect. I have 6 or 7 clues and no suspect ever seems to match. It it is broken I won't waste my time.

Comments

• kaputtinokaputtino Posts: 56 Member
    It's happening to me too! I can't find the suspect no matter what place and time I issue the APB, and I also have 7 clues... I haven't played with my detective sim for a while now.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I think it might be broken right now, because on my suspect list was a male, young adult, brown hair with jacket and cowboy jeans, and when I finally foynd the suspect it was a woman with brown hair, but nothing else matching. It is very sad, because when my detective keeps making false arrests, he's getting less payed for every false arrest, and the only option for him is to ask for a raise over the phone.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    Other simmers are having issues, where the eventual suspect doesn't fit the clues and description that were given. Try seeing if other sims that don't fit the clues may be the suspect.
    You may like to post feedback on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Incorrect-suspect-traits-Suspect-doesn-t-show-up/m-p/4486122#M11815
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    The detective career is a bit of a hot mess right now - so bugged it's pretty much not worth playing. Weird suspect descriptions popping up in the notebook not matching any actual suspects; no clues at crime scenes; chatting to townies not fulfilling said goal when out on patrol; the list goes on... Real shame - I really enjoyed this career when it was working :'(
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Do you think they will ever fix it?
    edited February 2017
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    Do you think they will ever fix it?

It is hard to know. We can try to report it as rosemow says. To me it looks like the doctor career has become easier with not so many patients, but then again so few, that the other doctors, nurses etc. are standing in the way, not so easy to get moving like before.

In fact it is hard to tell, if the suspect is harder to find (I did a lot of asking around), or it is the description that fails. I was even sure NOT to delete any nonplayed sims while my detective was on job.
    Well I arrested someone who did not fit the description. It wasn't a false arrest, but the suspect simply disappeared. If course the game wanted me to do the interrogation and other processing, which, of course I couldn't do. So I quit the job. It was harder that normal because I had my fledgling vampire take the job. And it was tough working around the sun. That was supposed to be the challenge. What I didn't count on was the actual job being broken. I was actually able to hide out of the sun and call people over to interrogate them.

I am trying a game with a vampire doctor and I have discovered that the nurses get in the way. I have learned to "call them over" to get them out of the way otherwise I will get a "route fail" and the action I want to take place will cancel.

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2017
    I reported it on the thread @rosemow suggested. I'm having similar issues to everyone here. It gave me a suspect description of:

Female
    Red hair
    Wearing a jacket
    Wearing jeans
    A loner
    A teen

At one location I came upon a girl who matched exactly except her hair was brown. I arrested her and lost performance. The next 3 Sim days I was sent to different locations with the exact same clues and nobody showed up who even came close to matching. I finally gave up and switched careers because I was only bringing in $52.00/day and was about to get fired. I even tried skipping the APB and just completing goals at the station, but that didn't work because all of those focus on using the suspect you arrested on patrol, and the game won't let you use the sims already in the cells for the interrogation and that stuff.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I haven't run into the APB bug yet, but I live in fear. I had a different bug with the career where my sim couldn't find any evidence at a crime scene. There was literally nothing there. I had him search the ground for clues and I looked for burn marks/burnt objects and graffiti, but no dice. He ended up doing a "terrible job" according to the game. It was a rough first day for Eric Lewis.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Those clues were accurate, just Keep issue APBs, game will take u to different locations, I had to issue abt 6 APBs to catch the suspect and it matched, had my sim reached level 10 career, is a bit challenge for level 9 n 10.

The Sims Game
    Sonia016, Well maybe I will have one of my day walking vamps try it again. You are saying it is not a bug, but that we have to keep trying with the APB. Can we reissue the APB several times during the work day or one each day?
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm having this issue right now. Yes, you can issue as many APBs as you want, you just have to go back to the police station to do it. It's kind of frustrating when you go to so many places and there's no suspect that matches there. I've even had sims tell me they saw someone like that there, but I never find them.
    @Sonia016 How many tries does it usually take? My sim is only an Officer - I don't think it's supposed to be this hard? Is there a way to reset and get a new case? @rosemow
    Also I wonder if it has anything to do with not issuing the APB the same work day you started the case?
    Has anyone had the issue of the police chief not appearing?
    Post edited by Aine on
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    Sonia016, Well maybe I will have one of my day walking vamps try it again. You are saying it is not a bug, but that we have to keep trying with the APB. Can we reissue the APB several times during the work day or one each day?

I remembered after issued 4 APB in a day my sim shift is ending soon and I couldn't catch the suspect so I continued the 2nd day, I had my sim went in first in morning to analyze more evidence then add clues to the board then deduce them, yet the game told me I have enough clues, I issue APB again another few more times on 2nd day, the last I managed to caught, the suspect description and clues match exactly I was given on the 1st day.

The Sims Game
    I'm not saying it's not a bug in your game..but it could well be.. I don't what.., perhaps clearing some cache files it might help which I always did.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

The Sims Game
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm having this issue right now. Yes, you can issue as many APBs as you want, you just have to go back to the police station to do it. It's kind of frustrating when you go to so many places and there's no suspect that matches there. I've even had sims tell me they saw someone like that there, but I never find them.
    @Sonia016 How many tries does it usually take? My sim is only an Officer - I don't think it's supposed to be this hard? Is there a way to reset and get a new case? @rosemow
    Also I wonder if it has anything to do with not issuing the APB the same work day you started the case?
    Has anyone had the issue of the police chief not appearing?

Hello
    This link may help you to get a new case. You may be able to adapt what is written and use the cheats from step 12 onwards to get a new case,
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/arrested-suspect-cant-be-found-at-police-station/
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I'm gonna try what @Sonia016 suggested and keep issuing APBs and if that doesn't work I'll try the link @rosemow gave me. Thanks guys, what would a fellow simmer do without you. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • lavender_0123lavender_0123 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a different issue; one of my suspects was actually a ghost, and everytime I arrested her (3 times), she doesn't show up at the police station when I get back so I am unable to interrogate her. It says "interrogate the suspect" on the task bar everytime my sim goes back to work, even after he gets promoted, and when I issue an APB, the task bar will always tell me to go back to the police station, and when I do, "interrogate the suspect" comes back. Sometimes she isn't even at the place when I issue an APB. I've been stuck on this for a while, and I just want to start a new case so I can stop going in this circle trying to arrest a ghost -_- help ):
    I'm having a different issue; one of my suspects was actually a ghost, and everytime I arrested her (3 times), she doesn't show up at the police station when I get back so I am unable to interrogate her. It says "interrogate the suspect" on the task bar everytime my sim goes back to work, even after he gets promoted, and when I issue an APB, the task bar will always tell me to go back to the police station, and when I do, "interrogate the suspect" comes back. Sometimes she isn't even at the place when I issue an APB. I've been stuck on this for a while, and I just want to start a new case so I can stop going in this circle trying to arrest a ghost -_- help ):

Hello @lavender_0123
    This link blog post may help
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/arrested-suspect-cant-be-found-at-police-station/
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's not a bug in your game..but it could well be.. I don't what.., perhaps clearing some cache files it might help which I always did.

http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Yes, it IS a bug. I could say that perhaps it was too easy to find the suspect before, but now it is too difficult.
  • twiztidlytwiztidly Posts: 1 New Member
    The detective career is just like how law enforcement is in real life... It's not easy but it's not hard my first suspect I found quick but the second suspect I had to go out twice but i found that suspect too since then I done there more suspects it wasn't easy but it wasn't hard... A hint that I found is after you issue a ABP when you ask about the suspect watch and remember where the Sims points to because they will try to point where the suspect is unless the suspect it's walking to another of the map
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I hadn't played the detective career in months because I was so frustrated that I could never find anyone who matched the description in the APB. Last weekend I decided to play it a different way. I no longer cared about following the rules. I was going to have my detective go rogue and just arrest anyone and everyone he wanted to, no matter the consequences. So I issued the APB with the thought that I would arrest the very first person I saw. LOL, the first person I saw matched the description exactly and turned out to be the criminal I was looking for. That made me think they had fixed the glitch with the last patch, but if everyone else is still having a problem, I don't know.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I've had GTW since it came out but have never played it, not only because of the various bugs that have periodically cropped up in each of them, but also because of the problem of going to work with one Sim while others at home are on their own all day.

Now I'm playing a single Renaissance Sim that only has to get to level 3 for his aspiration so it doesn't matter after that if he gets wrong clues or gets fired for arresting wrong suspects.

First case: His clues are Female, Adult, Long Sleeves, and Slacks, but he gets sent to a gym. So much for the clothes clues, eh? Outside on the sidewalk, Paolo is doing push-ups but points directly into the gym where I see two Sims, a female and male. Too easy I think, but not necessarily so. The female is a YA, so two clues match. The male only matches one clue: Adult.

Still out on the sidewalk, Geoffrey Landgraab has walked up to my Sim and seems to attach himself for some reason. He follows me into the gym where I find there are actually two more Sims directly in the line of fire that couldn't be seen from the sidewalk. One is a male Adult wearing Long Sleeves. Again, two clues match. Another not seen is an Elder Female on the lower level by the pool in a swimsuit. Can't be her.

Since I now have two Sims out of four that have two clues matching, I ask Geoffrey Landgraab. He turns to the right and starts heading down the stairs to the lower level (pool). I follow to see if he points to the Elder. Taking more than a half hour, he has crossed the lower level and gone up the left stairs back to the original 3 Sims upstairs, back to the two of which have two clues that match.

Then what does he do? He joins that group of 3 suspects upstairs and generally waves his hand to show me it's 'one of them'. Thanks Geoff for taking all that time to show me ... what? Not much!

So I asked another Sim. Clueless. I decided to arrest the female but just before I do, a co-worker came up behind me. Oh yeah, it was my first case so I was supposed to have help with it, being new. She didn't have the 'Detective' designation that should have shown, but I asked anyway. She walked up to the Female, Young Adult, and almost pointed right in her face. The FYA stepped back with kind of like a 'Whoa ... Who Me?' Gotcha!

I know it's going to be harder and more problematic as I go, perhaps because of bugs, but it really is a hoot right now and I'm lovin' it! He got a promotion and is on Level 2. We'll see how it goes and then move on ... maybe Scientist? I've never been to Sixam.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2017
    I think it is bugged again. It had been months and months since I played this career. I never had a problem finding the suspects in the whole time I had GTW and got several Sims to police chief. However, the other day I had one rejoin and I couldn't find the suspect. I had four clues because it wouldn't let me get anymore (no option) on the pc or the machine so I had to go with four. It said a female, jacket, slacks, brown hair. At the lounge that was going to be hard inside so I waited outside to see who showed up.

The only Sim in the whole area who fit that description was a female who had all the clues but her hair, she had a male blond hair style. I didn't arrest and went back to police station. It wasn't even one of the unisex hairstyles but one still behind the filters so I assume this change in CAS has borked the detective career. But I have no idea how she wound up with a male hairstyle that isn't part of the unisex ones...and blond.

I skipped this chore after that. Because all he had to do was show up to work for two day and get promoted so I wasn't going to go back and get the same Sim again (I had already tried it twice at two different locations).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TyrvonJagerTyrvonJager Posts: 3 New Member
    Detective career is a waste of time. I would do repeated loads & APBs for my first case's suspect; I quit after being unable to find the suspect after 6 reloads of the same day. Effectively, that was 6 days of game play wasted looking for someone who does not exist. The game fails to consider that NPCs will change clothing, which eliminates 2 sets of clues, or account for aging up. I never went after an APB, unless I could generate the clues and go after the APB on the same day - knowing that a day-old clue set is worthless. Furthermore, there is alot of others commenting about how so many "meets all clues" suspects are false arrests. For example (from my own gameplay), I had an insane teen with black hair wearing X & X (I had all 6 clues). So I scope out & arrest the only teen in the area that matched all six criteria ... FALSE ARREST! WHAT? Are there that many insane teens in this area?

Additionally, why can you keep discovering new clues when adding evidence to the Case Map, yet, only get a max of 6 for the APBs?

Assuming you can play past the massive amounts of bugs, you only get to do it again & again for 6 repetitive cases. There is no reason to advance, you do not get support from fellow officers, no ability to actually give orders, or even compare to the Scientist or Doctor careers.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Huh, when did this career get broken? I know I played it during my year-long Legacy Challenge game. It worked back then. Got my Gen. 2 heir all the way to Chief. I recently began playing this career again in a brand new save. I'm having the problem not finding the suspect, too. My new cadet, if you will, just got his first case. He's doing excellent by the job meter, but he's been to two different places, now, in search of the male; teen;black hair; wearing long-sleeves; jeans and is insane. Pretty nailed down, if you ask me. He was sent to the Park out in the Desert. Plenty of males with black hair and even some with long sleeves — but they were all YAs or one was a full Adult. I'm growing discouraged because I enjoyed this career best. Why did they have to break it? Face/palm Oh, well, as soon as his baby ages up to toddler, I was planning on sending him to work without me 'joining'. This may make it easier.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top