Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming EP or GP...

Not sure if this was stated, but I'm craving a farm GP or EP with all sorts of animals you can interact with on your lot.

-Rural world setting with larger lots and expanded.
-Cows, chickens, goats, sheep, horses... AND FINALLY A REAL LLAMA.
-Farming tools for land (either simple ones to start and then build up to better ones like tractors).
-Different crops.
-Barns.
-And if we get seasons, it will coincide with it. Winter is slow, while spring summer and early fall are planting and harvesting times.
-Ho-downs and square dancing and/or step dancing.
-Introduce sewing (by hand or machine).
-Rocking chairs, porch swings and maybe a hammock.
-Making sweet tea or sun tea or other different types.
-Lemonaid stand for kids.
-Flesh out the elders and their interaction and give them new clothes and hairs.
-New types of food like homestyle and southern influences. From fried chicken to jambalaya.
-Fiddle, Trumpet, and Banjo!

I'm sure there's more we could add but I'd love all these. :) Thoughts? What would you add to the list?

Comments

• ghjdiedghjdied Posts: 56 Member
    Sounds fun to me!
  • AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Do not forget to mention the SEASONS. Farming requires seasons and weather too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited February 2017
    This has been asked for more than any other pack idea. I hope the developers are taking notice.
  • OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Do not forget to mention the SEASONS. Farming requires seasons and weather too!

They go together hand 'n hand. Most expansions are about partying and cater to young adult stuff like that. Don't get me wrong it has it's place but I really do miss having a country living aspect. :)
    This has been asked for more than any other pack idea. I hope the developers are taking notice.

It has? Right now all I see is "we want pets!" but I feel with the way gamepacks are playing out we'll most likely just receive fleshed out dogs and cats and that's about it. TS3 was set up perfectly to have farm animals for once. And while we got horses, we only received store "items" the chicken coup and the cow barn to help with more of a farming atmosphere. But they're just objects again and never got to roam... like the babies in TS4 tied to bassinets.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Rabbits. I loved small pets in S3. I would like antiques, equipment to make things, and farm equipment. I would love to be able to breed and sell livestock with a Farmer career. I love Happy Acres on Facebook, but the times it takes to make things on the machines is ridiculous. I requested a Farm EP for years in the idea section of the S3 forums and I really hope they decide to do this. I think with cities in place that farms would be a great addition to S4. :p
  • TraarjoTraarjo Posts: 65 Member
    Yes! I have always wanted this
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I want home-schooling with this pack. I want my sim-kids to be able to help out on the farm and have chores, and learn to even drive the tractor.

I want it to possibly even be a progressive thing starting out with a roadside vegetable stand to running a market, to selling to grocers, etc. Like a family business.
  • I'd love this. I'm a country boy through and through and would really be able to get into a rural themed EP. It would be like the anti-City Living.
  • LePanderpLePanderp Posts: 36 Member
    I'd love this too. Oooh! Especially if we could have larger lots and have an actual farming career.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    only if we can get outhouses, the Emmet Otter's washtub for laundry, an actually old-fanshioned plow..
    6adMCGP.gif
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Rabbits. I loved small pets in S3. I would like antiques, equipment to make things, and farm equipment. I would love to be able to breed and sell livestock with a Farmer career. I love Happy Acres on Facebook, but the times it takes to make things on the machines is ridiculous. I requested a Farm EP for years in the idea section of the S3 forums and I really hope they decide to do this. I think with cities in place that farms would be a great addition to S4. :p

Yes, I would have loved to have a more in depth farmer career for TS3. You could get away with it with the purchasable store content, but it wasn't really farming... But I agree, a great balance for TS4 and would keep me invested longer than 2 weeks.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I want home-schooling with this pack. I want my sim-kids to be able to help out on the farm and have chores, and learn to even drive the tractor.

I want it to possibly even be a progressive thing starting out with a roadside vegetable stand to running a market, to selling to grocers, etc. Like a family business.

That would be fun, or a farmers market for the town to trade/buy produce or meats. That would be awesome. :)
    I'd love this. I'm a country boy through and through and would really be able to get into a rural themed EP. It would be like the anti-City Living.

Exactly. Get away from those suburbs and sky scrapers. Country theme would balance it perfectly. Keeping fingers crossed for it.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    only if we can get outhouses, the Emmet Otter's washtub for laundry, an actually old-fanshioned plow..

Good additions :)
    MadameLee wrote: »

Outhouses are easy to build and my farm family has one in their lot. 1x2 with a door and a toilet inside lol
  • ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    I'd love this! Especially if they expanded on gardening. Throw in canning, nectar making, and flower arranging and I'd be beside myself.

Adding Llamas would be fun too. All the jokes about Llamas yet we've never had a proper Llama in game? C'mon EA!

That would be fun, or a farmers market for the town to trade/buy produce or meats. That would be awesome. :)

Or sell livestock. There was another thread that was pretty long back at the start of 4 and it had suggestions of such things as "best in show"competitions for livestock. Maybe if your livestock was pedigree and bred to be "perfect" ( like plants) they would be worth more....things like that.

Of course, best in show competitions would happen at the farmer's market in town along with the ho-down and celebrating harvest and selling other wares and produce.

Candle-making would be a nice addition too.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    Shampuru wrote: »
    I'd love this! Especially if they expanded on gardening. Throw in canning, nectar making, and flower arranging and I'd be beside myself.

Adding Llamas would be fun too. All the jokes about Llamas yet we've never had a proper Llama in game? C'mon EA!

Llama farming! That's a great idea. We could have llama wool. Llama cheese. And it wouldn't matter if those are real things.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

Llama farming! That's a great idea. We could have llama wool. Llama cheese. And it wouldn't matter if those are real things.

Toddlers would love a nice glass of llama milk!

Agreed. I demand real llamas!
    Also I really like those ideas too!

Or sell livestock. There was another thread that was pretty long back at the start of 4 and it had suggestions of such things as "best in show"competitions for livestock. Maybe if your livestock was pedigree and bred to be "perfect" ( like plants) they would be worth more....things like that.

Of course, best in show competitions would happen at the farmer's market in town along with the ho-down and celebrating harvest and selling other wares and produce.

Candle-making would be a nice addition too.

Aw, pig competitions! How cute would that be? Or just having piggies in general would be a great addition. :)
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    You could just play Farming Simulator or Stardew Valley.
  • LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    Fantastic idea! I'd buy it.
  • PoKiTauru5PoKiTauru5 Posts: 105 Member
    I would LOVE this! Being a farm boy myself it would be pretty hilarious, but very appealing.

Some CAS items that would be perfect for this pack imo:
    -knee high rubber boots
    -A version of the rubber boots with mud stains
    -Straw hat
    -The "truck driver" cap
    -An open flannel without an undershirt (hehe)
    -Mud stained jeans
    -A pair of jeans that go over the boots, not tucked in
    -A pair of jeans that have just one leg tucked inside a boot
    -New, more colorful and taller version of the base game cowboy boots
    -Overalls for adults (only children have them atm)
    -A female plaid shirt tucked into a bun in the front

That's a stuff pack's worth of clothing items, but there can definitely be more added.
    They seriously gotta make this pack, it's got so much potential!

Jestina wrote: »
    You could just play Farming Simulator or Stardew Valley.

Nah, dude. Nah.
    PoKiTauru5 wrote: »
    I would LOVE this! Being a farm boy myself it would be pretty hilarious, but very appealing.

Some CAS items that would be perfect for this pack imo:
    -knee high rubber boots
    -A version of the rubber boots with mud stains
    -Straw hat
    -The "truck driver" cap
    -An open flannel without an undershirt (hehe)
    -Mud stained jeans
    -A pair of jeans that go over the boots, not tucked in
    -A pair of jeans that have just one leg tucked inside a boot
    -New, more colorful and taller version of the base game cowboy boots
    -Overalls for adults (only children have them atm)
    -A female plaid shirt tucked into a bun in the front

That's a stuff pack's worth of clothing items, but there can definitely be more added.
    They seriously gotta make this pack, it's got so much potential!

Oh yes! Lots of fun hairs and clothing to go with.

Instead of chewing tobacco they can chew bubble gum (like the bubble blower alternative).
    Also more playground equipment for children. Like a tire swing. Or kids can play in the mud puddles. I'd love to see that. So cute.