Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Independence Challenge

Comments

• Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Of the four original toddlers I started with, only Ashley remains in the house. The other three married and moved out. Ashley has had a rocky love life. Her first boyfriend did not meet the approval of her parents due to him being a vampire. Her father took him outside for a chat and now he is a ghost that likes to hang out on the lot. Her second boyfriend spent one night in the house then married someone else. After realizing she would probably never get married and have children, she looked online at adoption agencies. She adopted five children (three of which were removed from the home). Her two sons, Dwayne and Jackson are both getting older (toddlers now). Then she met Maddox Vo who swept her off her feet. He moved into her heart and her home. They are now married and expecting a new little one in three days.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I've tried this several times before and the game comes to a screeching halt if there is a job or school decision that you have to make the call on; and if you are on a laptop it has to be kept in window mode or you will have to leave the laptop open; closing the laptop in full screen stops the game.
    Since the family had managed to save up some money, I gave their house a little remodel. Added two bedrooms and a second bathroom. Eight people and a butler sharing one bathroom was crazy. I was even nice enough to add a private bath in the butler's room for him. There was enough money left to get the family a few fun things to occupy their time with.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    It's going about as well as expected. All the kids are starving and house nearly burned down. The AI is horrible in this game. They won't do anything related to their traits. One of my sims is a music lover but won't go near the musical instruments in the house.

02-14-17_5-21-29PM_zpsgcxuwwga.png
    Is anybody else yelling at their computer? I'm setting here "Give this kid a bath! Geesh!"
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Jestina wrote: »
    It's going about as well as expected. All the kids are starving and house nearly burned down. The AI is horrible in this game. They won't do anything related to their traits. One of my sims is a music lover but won't go near the musical instruments in the house.

02-14-17_5-21-29PM_zpsgcxuwwga.png

I had a few that were creative, but never touched the easel. In my normal games, I can't keep them away from the thing.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    Well I only got a couple hours in and only one toddler is still around. The parents won't do anything. Most of the time they just stand around and instead of cooking group meals, they'll just get a bowl of cereal.
    Grimmy doesn't go far from the house. He's fishing behind the lot. lol

02-14-17_5-39-33PM_zpsqe6hvuzx.png
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    My family is on Day 5 and somehow they have still all survived. The butler wasn't seeming to work for me so I switched to the nanny with an occasional maid service. Their manny, Omar, has kept them barely afloat. The toddlers have to practically kill someone to get a bowl of cereal. Lazy, loner mom will occasionally respond to a toddler but she'll get a full sleep or take a long bath or just lazily nap in a chair (when she's not even tired) before she helps them out. The poor kids are stuck with mean dad to manage the late-night chaos. He's fallen asleep in the bathtub a couple of times. One time he had to go to the bathroom badly and was starving and stunk while 2 other nearby toddlers were starving and filthy, but the clingy toddler (with almost full needs across the board) wanted a book read so mean dad obliged....little Ariella has him wrapped around her finger. He finished reading the book and then promptly peed his pants right in the middle of the living room. The only joy in his life is the periodic smashing of the doll house....that really puts a smile on his face, lol.
    It seems like one problem with toddlers is the sippy cup. Instead of fixing a meal for the kids, the parents will give them a sippy cup and that barely does anything to the hunger meter.

I guess they are having a debate about all the empty sippy cups.
    02-14-17_6-09-26PM_zpsdot0mybn.png
  • Emma_Smith101Emma_Smith101 Posts: 453 Member
    I love this challenge just from this forum but I can't play yet.
    I share my builds and Sims' stories sometimes at: https://simplicityplaysss.tumblr.com/
  • ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    I'm going to try this out while I watch Westminster tonight and dream of a Pets expansion.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
    I decided to try the 10 generation add on to the challenge. I'm going to use the Plum Tree App to keep track of everybody.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
    It seems like one problem with toddlers is the sippy cup. Instead of fixing a meal for the kids, the parents will give them a sippy cup and that barely does anything to the hunger meter.

I guess they are having a debate about all the empty sippy cups.
    02-14-17_6-09-26PM_zpsdot0mybn.png

I find those cups everywhere. lol Every time I see the green haze I figure it is just another cup laying around.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    Now that my reign of screenshot spam is over and I've finished a good section of the challenge, I'd like to post some more of these pictures!

Hunter is literally in a room by himself and is talking while everyone else is doing something. He doesn't even have the insane trait? It's still funny, though.
    abtbrn.png

Sass.
    bikwnh.png

Little chef in the making! :)
    uwvqjp.png

qyerwv.png

Literally everyone's getting naked :D. By the way, this picture was taken days after Devan's first no clothes episode.
    qykyul.png

jmkwfh.png

And then just more funny images
    sohqdn.png

ixqjoy.png

While Piper is just about to starve, Hallie decided that the more important matter was using flash cards with her favorite child, Arabella.
    plepbd.png

And then there's the many places they've fallen asleep. Ugh, so many energy problems
    usrfug.png

otisdr.png

rawmxy.png

Then the toddlers grew up :'(
    Devan Braxton
    kzjquw.png

Back: Piper Braxton, Front: Arabella Braxton
    kzmgkn.png

This challenge was so much fun and was really refreshing to do. I would've continued it like other simmers have, but it was just a mess of their needs unlike other players have experienced. I hope that everyone enjoys the challenge as much as I did.
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I did this. No cheats, mods, or cc. It was an eye opener for me.

Stinky, hungry, and neglected toddlers. Parents always in the red. Butler was useless most of the time. Nanny was good more than not. So, ended up I had to hire a nanny and maid. Toddlers grew up into some very in emergency state needs kids. Took almost their whole kiddom to get things okay. Teenagers were good. I stopped there. I saw so much messed up plum during this challenge. It reminded me why I just could not play Sims 4 for long. The toddlers are the smartest of AI in the game. It made all other AI seem super plum.

Social is a priority over any need was proven in this play (48 hours.. can't do it). Everyone is in the green and they will chat and chat until something turns yellow (yes with full social bars). They will then decide TV is a must even if fun is full.. must watch a movie (No consoles, bookcases, computers, and sinks used in this play through). Another need turns yellow and the previous yellow turns red. But oh snap social has went down a wee bit.. must be social.. enters third need into the yellow. This begins to turn everything is a shining pile of plum.

Toddlers hungry so parents and nannies play musical high chairs and no food is forth coming. So nanny makes food and toddlers scramble to beat adults that are just yellow in hunger while toddlers are in red for the food. Now if this isn't bad enough, the adults want to social with the toddlers so warning are sent about starving toddlers.. (XD yeah multi-tasking at its best). All toddlers are stinky and tired. The adults (Parents and nanny) decide to play musical toddlers. Their own needs all tanking now. Toddlers go to bed themselves and adults wake them..>.> Dirty dishes everywhere, full potties, filthy counters, broken stuff everywhere, nasty dishes everywhere, puddles every where, and there were two neat traited adults.

Then let's just talk about the pop ups going off every few seconds (not minutes). Fastest speed? Yeah great until you have spam callers calling all times of day and night, then the pop ups about what everyone has accomplished and where they are going. Odd people knocking on the door, the arrival of vampires in your neighborhood... Pop ups and slow speed for a plum thing.

While I watched I just could not believe this was Sims. So, I tried again. Did not make it pass the kids.. same things happening.

And that butler.. is so broken. Once they sleep and take a bath it seems they become a family member you can not control. You just shell out money to them for them to do nothing.

It made me realize what makes Sims 4 great.. The Simmers. Because the game in itself is broken and a headache.

It definitely shows how broken the AI is and how traits have very little effect in TS4. One of my sims is family oriented...but does nearly nothing to take care of her children. In TS3 family oriented sims usually prioritized taking care of children, plus there were a few other benefits from having the trait.
    It definitely shows how broken the AI is and how traits have very little effect in TS4. One of my sims is family oriented...but does nearly nothing to take care of her children. In TS3 family oriented sims usually prioritized taking care of children, plus there were a few other benefits from having the trait.

To me social and fun get in the way of these plum sims to even take care of themselves (I felt so bad for the toddlers, I had to sit on my hands not to interfere as was the challenge). Traits, are whim dice more than not (and whims are not a need thing to Sims they just do not care about whims). Aspirations should matter a whole lot more also.

Social and fun should be tweeked. I understand people want to socialize (not all.. I'm a loner irl). But it should not trump basic needs ever. Everyone wants fun. But it should not trump over basic needs. (I meant trump as trump and not the President or anything about him).

The butlers need fixing I paid money for the butler alone.
    The high chairs need tuning.
    The musical toddlers needs looked into.
    And for peter's sake stop interrupting my game or fast speed for calls to my sims all times of the day and night it is super creepy even if it is a game (especially the children being asked to go to a bar, or called at 2 to 5 in the morning).
    Oh and vampires need to stop interfering with my fast speed also. I do not care if they are in the neighborhood..XD.

But most of all do something about social and fun.

If I was feeling well I might try this in Sims 2. Not loading Sims 3 on my computer again, so can not try it there.
    So can we start clubs in this challenge? I think that might be the only way I can get my sim to touch her musical instruments. She's been stuck at level 2 in her career because she won't ever practice autonomously.
    So can we start clubs in this challenge? I think that might be the only way I can get my sim to touch her musical instruments. She's been stuck at level 2 in her career because she won't ever practice autonomously.

Not sure.
    It would be nice if there was an AI menu for sims so you could further customize them. For example, the ability to types of tasks by priority and a checkbox feature to turn on or off things. For example, the ability to put cleaning desire and family caretaking desires above or below other types of tasks.....being able to turn off "wordworking" for characters. In one game I was playing, I had to finally just delete the wordworking table because too many household members kept wandering all the way to the other side of the house to build stuff at the table even though they had no skills for it at all. I like to leave autonomy on for the non-controlled sims but having to constantly re-direct them away from that table was annoying. It just made no sense that they would have a constant desire for that table over the dozens of other things to do in the house. If we had the ability to tweak the AI like that, we could an endless variation of real personalities.
  • UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member

Yep you can start clubs
    JimG72 wrote: »
    It would be nice if there was an AI menu for sims so you could further customize them. For example, the ability to types of tasks by priority and a checkbox feature to turn on or off things. For example, the ability to put cleaning desire and family caretaking desires above or below other types of tasks.....being able to turn off "wordworking" for characters. In one game I was playing, I had to finally just delete the wordworking table because too many household members kept wandering all the way to the other side of the house to build stuff at the table even though they had no skills for it at all. I like to leave autonomy on for the non-controlled sims but having to constantly re-direct them away from that table was annoying. It just made no sense that they would have a constant desire for that table over the dozens of other things to do in the house. If we had the ability to tweak the AI like that, we could an endless variation of real personalities.

This would be awesome. I do not mind them socializing and having fun. But not when their other needs are in a critical state. I might try a 3rd time with all positive family traits... maybe, but I got to play some MMO to clear my mind for that 3rd attempt.
    Just hit midnight of age up day for the toddlers (normal life span).....shockingly, Antonio and Tiffanie Moretti are going to make it to see all 4 toddlers blossom into children without a single visit from social services. The odds were against the mean, gloomy dad and the lazy, loner mom. The toddlers whipped them into shape though. Tiffanie still likes her lazy naps but she started cleaning and potty training and even occasionally feeding the kids. However, Antonio is the go-to for the toddlers though. Sure, he loves to occasionally stomp the dollhouse to dust to work out his issues, but he has gotten pretty good at juggling as many as 3 of the toddlers at once. They line up for baths with him and call to him all the way across the house even if lazy mom is standing right next to them. In a perfect example of why they favor their father, wild child Amira woke up hungry and stinky. She burst into mom and dad's room in the middle of the night. Having should have known better, she tried to wake up mom first with her sobs. Mom got up angry, stormed right past her out to the kitchen and got herself a bowl of cereal to eat out in the living room while she watches TV, lol. She left starving Amira standing in a heap of tears back in the parent's bedroom....so Amira had to wake up Antonio so she can get some food. These two won't win any parenting awards but they've made it through the last 3 days without any maid or nanny help. The way they started off, I thought for sure someone was going to be a goner in the first 2 days.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't know why, but my tots are thriving. The parents are the ones I am worried about as they are tired a lot, but finally managed to both get full sleep recently. If the kids need something they will ask and the parents tired will do it. The dad even has the hates children moodlet, and he has the tense moodlet which I found funny so will post a pic of that in a min. Even with that he takes care of the kids even if he is dead tired, even more than mom or butler. Those kids have their parents trained. All are in the green pretty much except for maybe their energy and they will put themselves to sleep. Frankly I am disappointed there isn't more drama. I am thinking of firing the butler, but I didn't start out with the butler and the only thing was the parents would still take care of the tots but the house was a mess. Now the house is clean and the butler does help with the kids, but the parents were doing fine in that area in spite of their constant low needs in every area, talking about the parents needs not the tots lol.

Untitled_zps7dxvexlg.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top