Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making a new world?

EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
edited February 2017 in General Mods Discussion
Just wondering if it is possible to create a new world using EA's Sim City 4 (Or what ever one is the latest) or CAW program that EA gave us to make worlds for Sims 3 so we could make a new world for Sims 4?

"I know there was a way to recreate a world for Sims 1 using Sims City because I have personally done this, but I haven't done it in years & forgot how to do it. Not to mention I couldn't find the old tutorial or anything on it because Sims 1 is such a old program." :'(

I really miss this feature & want to make a much bigger city that don't have fake buildings. I would love the idea of using Sims City 4 & Sims 4 meshed together so we could have natural disasters, more jobs, more styles of objects, just more in general. The game seems very small in comparison to all the other Sims games. :'( Not to mention its not a free world game play, it ruins the effect of the game play with a stinking load screen for everything. :/

Note: If I could figure out how to mod this my self I would, could someone point me in the right direction. I have done a little modding/coding. (A few recolors, meshes & genetics coding that show up for generations/ townies) with help from some great tutorials. Not to mention the experiments that take a chance of ruining & having to reinstall my game. :s

Comments

• Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    As far as I know, there's no way to do this yet. It's been a big asked for feature.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    You might also be interested in this link to the create a world petition: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/789742/the-sims-4-create-a-world-petition-11-signatures
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    edited February 2017
    I want it to be possible, even if we have no proper tools for it. I would love to simply be able to create a world.

I mean like... it must be possible! The devs can create new worlds for TS4 and many things the devs can do, skilled modders can do too. I suspect there is a way but it needs to be found or begged for. Let's try both until we get a way, even if it doesn't include all the tools.
    (iirc TS3 CAW was the same tool the devs used, so maybe they already are hogging a TS4 equivalent of it)

We had Simcity 4 for TS2 iirc and TS3 CAW tool. Not sure about TS but it is a feature we should still have. Even if we can't make massive worlds, making our own would be good. We need some room for creativity in TS4.

But I suspect it'd be harder than before to allow us to create our own worlds... Many of the worlds only have four lots so they're either just lazily made worlds or difficult to make worlds. I want to try and make my own world though.
    Post edited by emmaning on
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I miss the way we could CAW or "neighborhood" in Sims 2. It was more fun and IMO: easier. I hope TS4 is more like that instead of Sims 3.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    edited June 2018
    Post edited by BoredinTX on