Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need a computer poeple won't steal

Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
I need a laptop that will be able to play my Sims games and all expansion packs and not be able to steal. I got a gaming computer, but I spent 800 dollars for that and I don't want to take it to places that are public.

Anyways, I am looking for a computer that can run the sims 4 game and maybe farming simulator 17, and has low enough statistics no one would even want to steal the computer. Reason is because when I go places with a group sometimes are stuff may be available for the public to snoop through. I got a crap laptop, but the battery is completely dead and it won't do me any good on the road if the battery is dead.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Comments

• WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Wait, what do you mean with cannot be stolen? If you leave your laptop for a second in public, the risk will always be there if itll get stolen doesnt matter what type of laptop it is=P
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2017
    People will steal just about anything and I doubt a thief will stop to examine your laptop's specs before stealing it. Besides, the cheaper the laptop, the less likely it will be able to play the game anyway. Sorry.

Just get a gaming laptop and use one of those lock-things to secure it.

By the way, you can replace laptop batteries, ya know.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If you're worried about theft, don't buy a laptop. Use a gaming computer at home for gaming and if you really need a laptop for non-gaming use, buy a supercheap one and live with the risk of theft. Or consider insurance with a rider on your laptop that covers full replacement costs (and keep in mind that claims are complex and insurance companies will look for excuses to not cover).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Even with laptop you have to play plugged in. 3d games are not meant to be played on battery. The battery is not powerful enough to run heavier games and will run out of juice quickly. The sims 4 has the same requirements as the sims 3 but the games are programed differently. I thought you already has an Asus Rog. I would find something else to do when your out and about and not game away from the house if your worried about your laptop being stolen.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    The only Sims game I found portable was Sims1 on my Samsung notebook (Windows 7 Lite), using a "fixed Sims.exe". It ran the complete set offline and I copied over the disks to Hard drive. I could play it on train journeys using the power socket by the seat.

If you are worried about stealing maybe you could buy a secondhand laptop and only have the games on it?
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    The only Sims game I found portable was Sims1 on my Samsung notebook (Windows 7 Lite), using a "fixed Sims.exe". It ran the complete set offline and I copied over the disks to Hard drive. I could play it on train journeys using the power socket by the seat.

If you are worried about stealing maybe you could buy a secondhand laptop and only have the games on it?

Sid already has a gaming laptop. They will need another gaming laptop to play the games they want to play on the go. Makes no sense. Either way you look at it they need a more expensive laptop that meets requirements to play what they want it to and it will have the potential of getting stolen no matter what laptop you have and use on the go.

Buying a used laptop is not a good idea. They don't sell laptop hardware to the public. If they no longer make your laptop hardware ( like in your case with a windows 7 laptop) and the hardware breaks down , consider the laptop a throw away .
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited February 2017
    IceyJ wrote: »
    People will steal just about anything and I doubt a thief will stop to examine your laptop's specs before stealing it. Besides, the cheaper the laptop, the less likely it will be able to play the game anyway. Sorry.

Just get a gaming laptop and use one of those lock-things to secure it.

By the way, you can replace laptop batteries, ya know.

I agree with this. LOL. People will just steal anything cuz it's free money. If you really want to bring your laptop out and about, you should be responsible enough to guard it with your life if you think the people there are very snoopy.
    Post edited by DeKay on
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Even if a laptop looked disgusting and half dead, people would still steal it. I wouldn't count on the brand to guarantee that it won't be stolen, because if it can be stolen, it will be stolen.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Just replace the battery if you like the one you already have. Look up the model.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Use a security device, like this:
    ball-and-chain.png
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    You could get Lojack for laptops. There are laptop lock devices to keep the laptop locked.
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Use a security device, like this:
    ball-and-chain.png

Hahahaha awesome! :D
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

Just replace the battery if you like the one you already have. Look up the model.

The asus rog battery is expensive to replace. Your supposed to charge it and remove it from the laptop when your plugged in. Asus does have battery issues. I lost two batteries on my asus rog and gave up with the battery issue. Asus replaced mine because it was under warranty. I think Sid is past the warranty on their laptop and Sid should not be gaming on his battery anyway.