Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vlad is a very boring sim

I decided I wanted to move a sim in with Vlad and play his household for a bit. He is one of the most boring sims I have ever encountered. All he wants to do is play on that pipe organ all the time.

Comments

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Well he's also a loner so social interactions for him aren't his forte. Maybe he needs to be introduced to more tech other than his phone...or maybe a club.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I don't know. I see him a lot in my "vampire nightclub". Guess he's not such a loner after all, or maybe he's just there to scout out new victims. >:)
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Maybe it's not him. Maybe it's just the pipe organ that is too addictive for sims.
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Get him a chessboard. He loves it.
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited February 2017
    Let's make like 40 Year Old Virgin and do a rendition called "The 4,000 year old Virgin" where we get Vlad out of the house and hook him up with some fiiine foxy vampire sweetheart. That'll fix it.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I moved in a random generated vamp that i edited slightly with vlad, so he is less alone and has a little vampling to tend to, however my current played lady vamp was in a fling with this young vamp and tried to hook up with vlad at the same time, lets just say he is not one for double romances. XD
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I think it might be the pipe organ. Once he's out of the house he's a wild and crazy guy. He's gobsmacked Cassandra Goth (she's a vampire now), danced like a madman at my club and at my Sim's house, sung a karaoke duet (not his forte, believe me), and he's a mean one with Don't Wake The Llama when my vampire club takes over the Shrieking Llama.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    I think it might be the pipe organ. Once he's out of the house he's a wild and crazy guy. He's gobsmacked Cassandra Goth (she's a vampire now), danced like a madman at my club and at my Sim's house, sung a karaoke duet (not his forte, believe me), and he's a mean one with Don't Wake The Llama when my vampire club takes over the Shrieking Llama.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Vlad is fantastic. He's entirely unique in that he's pretty much the only premade in the game that isn't interested in being your friend.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    In my game he loves mixing drinks and baking cakes.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    In my game he was glued to the pipe organ, way too addicting, the whole huge house was empty because Vlad was only in the cellar. However as soon as I moved in with one of my sims and added a TV, a clay ball, a computer and a chess board, you could see him jump around in mist form, most addictive he was to the clay ball, which he always came back to, the pipe organ suddenly became less fun. Also he loves listening and dancing to stereo music!
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited February 2017
    My sim is turned into a vampire by Vlad. My sim actually had only an empty lot without a house so he almost lived in Vlad's mansion for a month. My sim used to go to work from Vlad's mansion everyday. :smiley: Vlad is music lover. He owns a pipe organ and a piano but strangely, he has never played the piano. He was so addicted to pipe organ, especially, haunted music play.

My sim drunk 'plasma Jane' a lot from the bar in Vlad's house. My sim was kind of lazy, so Vlad enjoyed washing the glasses my sim drunk. I thought my sim needed a computer for learning and buying Vampire Lore skill books. I placed 2 computers there and...
    I confirmed NO sim is free from computer game addiction. :D Vlad was crazy with computer block block game, My sims Go, and The Sims 1on computer. Sometimes, he just walked downstairs to basement without vampiric teleport..I guessed he wouldn't have any vampiric energy left to do that from playing computer all day long.

If I placed a microscope and an observatory in back garden, then what would happened? :D Or what about the wood working table for him? :D I like Vlad and he had no choice without other things to enjoy in his mansion.
  • Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    In my game he was glued to the pipe organ, way too addicting, the whole huge house was empty because Vlad was only in the cellar. However as soon as I moved in with one of my sims and added a TV, a clay ball, a computer and a chess board, you could see him jump around in mist form, most addictive he was to the clay ball, which he always came back to, the pipe organ suddenly became less fun. Also he loves listening and dancing to stereo music!

That means Vlad has nothing to enjoy but just a pipe organ in his big mansion! :smiley:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    By the way, do Vampires need human food?

Untitled-2.png

Or does Vlad want some coffee with my vamp sim?
    Vlad has withered stomach as far as I know. :D
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    By the way, do Vampires need human food?

Untitled-2.png

Or does Vlad want some coffee with my vamp sim?
    Vlad has withered stomach as far as I know. :D

It is probably a set up to give you lessons on how to play the pipe organ. xD Ironic he would invite your vampire to a place called 'sunny side' lol
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Vampires can eat just like any other Sim and do invite your Sims out. But beware meeting up with one will make them visit you sooner or later... >:)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Boring? Vlad? The vampire who sleeps in a coffin wearing bunny slippers, and shows up to a yoga class in a suit of armor?
    VladYoga.png
    When I think of Vlad, I think "wacky," "zany," or "socially awkward," but never boring.

He also shows up in armor on Knight Night at the Shrieking Llama.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Boring? Vlad? The vampire who sleeps in a coffin wearing bunny slippers, and shows up to a yoga class in a suit of armor?
    VladYoga.png
    When I think of Vlad, I think "wacky," "zany," or "socially awkward," but never boring.

He also shows up in armor on Knight Night at the Shrieking Llama.

hes not weird... hes just thousands of years old.. so medieval armor is his thing.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    LOL I think Vlad is funny actually! In my game he is highly excited about tiny things, yesterday he viewed my frogs and was completely happy like a little child, then he went to the computer and made a jump with his feet touching as if completely in excitement, I've never seen any sim do this before. Also he came with this sneaky walk into one of my nightclubs, as if he would break into a house, he sneaked all the way downstairs and then started talking with another vampire who was already in the club, no idea why he was walking like he actually wanted to attack someone! also Lilith Vatore tried to mesmerize one of my sims yesterday, but she failed and it went back to her LOL... Maybe she wanted to drink from her, Or maybe she actually did want to mesmerize her, since I created a mod which I am testing in my game that allows them to use their powers autonomously. :)
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    Vlad in all my save is really creepy and a pain in the back cheeks in bars and dance clubs as well as pestering my normal sims who are roomies with vamps if your not playing his house the game does the rest but I do think there is some hidden coding behind him
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    He's really useful to train your vampires but one time I went over and he started signing and he offered me a horrible rendition of wonder bridge is falling down lol
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    Yes every time I take my sim to his house he's on that freaking organ. Then I'll get him off it to talk to him and he will suddenly disappear. I go down to the basement and he's on the other organ :s
  • Options
    Have some kids with him. He loves his children but he hates their dollhouse!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    It would have been better if Vlad was a npc instead of playable, then make him an extreme vampire that was actually somewhat scary if you even dared step foot on his lot. It would be nice that if you were a non-vampire and you went to Forgotten Hollow, you would have the feeling of someone watching you in the shadows. At night you seem to attract...certain...sims who for some reason try to "persuade" you to come to their house for a bite to eat. Instead with Vlad being a playable sim you have a sense of humanization to him that really makes him just seem like an old fart, rather than the founding father bad-plum he was portrayed to be.