Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your build/buy creations!

I've seen lots of gorgeous screenshots of Sims and landscapes here, I'd love to see people's houses/community lots! I've seen a few and I love them, plus it's a good way of sharing ideas with people! I always see people's creations and think 'wow, I've never thought of doing it like that!'. Even if you've just made a lovely piece of furniture with the textures I'd love to see.

To start I'll share some of my builds. :smiley: I like to make houses that fit in the world they are in, and I give the houses a backstory and a name too. :) WARNING: Very very picture heavy!

So my first house is called The Nautica, and as you can probably guess from the name, there's a touch of a nautical theme, but it's Victorian Structure means it sits nicely in Sunset Valley.

[img][/img]Screenshot-41_zps0bbe8krr.jpg

Screenshot-42_zpslxt2ttco.jpg

Screenshot-43_zpskhujybha.jpg

Screenshot-44_zpsrcwrylhw.jpg

The second house is called Comfort Eaves, and it's a craftsman mix with a more traditional feel, built for a growing family. It also fits well in Sunset Valley, but is also nice in the 'farmer' section of Riverview.

Screenshot-77_zpsyqcfi51u.jpg

Screenshot-79_zpssx1xtskp.jpg

Screenshot-81_zpswqakbyhb.jpg

The third house is called 'Big Bear Lodge', with it once being a lodge for passing travelers to stay in, now an owned house with the lodge owner's personal lodge being converted into a sauna/gym. It's large structure and wood panelling means it fits well as a historical house in Hidden Springs.

Screenshot-47_zpsvmdpgdb1.jpg

Screenshot-48_zpstq9ub6dk.jpg

Screenshot-51_zpsfh1h1yxx.jpg

Screenshot-53_zps6lobvq7m.jpg

Screenshot-54_zpstmitm1vq.jpg

Screenshot-55_zpscsdifdxl.jpg

Screenshot-56_zpsvmtahd8x.jpg

The last house is my unfinished 'piece de la resistance' or however you say it, and is BY FAR the most ambitious house I've ever built, with something like forty rooms and 10 separate decks and balconies. It obviously belongs in Monte Vista, and I've tried to imitate the style as much as possible (huge houses, sparse furnishing, multiple staircases and different stone textures on different sections of the house). It sits next to the gorgeous 60 x 60 lot opposite the large park/fountain community lot, and it looks like the lot is actually owned by the house. :)

Screenshot-58_zps2hcmozov.jpg

Screenshot-59_zpsgymofoov.jpg

Screenshot-61_zps5anaqxfl.jpg

Screenshot-63_zpsqqcd0odb.jpg

Screenshot-62_zpslt6vja52.jpg

Screenshot-64_zpsjxhuz8tv.jpg

Screenshot-84_zpszuojyzwd.jpg

Screenshot-86_zpsehf1ovlq.jpg

Screenshot-88_zps14rvlp7g.jpg

Screenshot-87_zpstdonwgst.jpg

Screenshot-91_zpsaee9oi8t.jpg

Screenshot-90_zps9d8o737b.jpg

Screenshot-94_zps3dcdivi4.jpg

Screenshot-95_zps8uio0l2k.jpg

That is as far as I have gotten with that house, my God it could literally take me another full week to slowly chip away at it!
One final picture of it, I love this one!

Screenshot-96_zpsdbu3onvt.jpg

So yeah guys, please share away! :smiley:

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Nice houses OP. The last one especially gorgeous.

I'll share the random screenshots I have although I haven't build any of these, just redecorated . I usually only build houses as my sims need them and that happened looong ago ahah

The vampire lounge
    Screenshot-179_zps1drrzxtl.jpg
    Screenshot-175_zpszmmkznuf.jpg
    Screenshot-178_zps6zzadcsh.jpg
    Screenshot-180_zpsosiag6ff.jpg

This house, I just took pictures of the baby room because I thought it turned out really well.
    Screenshot-230_zpsedvctkji.jpg
    Screenshot-227_zps2japq0rt.jpg
    Screenshot-226_zpslbo49tmj.jpg
    Screenshot-229_zps44lwntcu.jpg

My sim's apartment
    Screenshot-230_zpsedvctkji.jpg
    Screenshot-106_zpsoj45ghfz.jpg
    Screenshot-105_zpsf757x6xv.jpg

A cafe
    Screenshot-167_zpsrkang0rj.jpg
    Screenshot-166_zpswbd3pkrv.jpg
    Screenshot-165_zps1x16gpcl.jpg

And a dance club, I love how the lights shine on the trees and have become addicted to doing this now
    Screenshot-234_zpsxzadzl2v.jpg
    Screenshot-235_zpsbp1ob1zt.jpg
  • Options
    HARIBOWSHARIBOWS Posts: 115 Member
    @06Bon06 Oh that lighting effect on the trees! :o That's so cool, I've never seen that before! Definitely going to borrow that idea! :smiley:

The vampire lounge is gorgeous too, and I really like that kids room, loving the nyan cat on the wall. ;)

I like your 'style', from these pictures it looks like modern but not ULTRA modern, like cosily decorated but still sleek and fancy!
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Hi! *waves @HARIBOWS I love your builds especially the Tuscan/ Mediterranean one. That's one of my favorite styles. B)

@06Bon06 very nice! The vampire lounge is very cool! B)
  • Options
    @Odonata68 Oh when I first got Monte Vista I just literally spent hours looking at every single house in the town, that style is so nice (and rather easy to coordinate I've found ;), which is probably a good thing because building one of those houses takes me sooooo long).

You should share some of your stuff! :smiley:
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited February 2017
    There are some pics of mine. One of them is an EA makeover.

Sunnybelle

tumblr_ojsym95dBq1uj2se4o1_500.jpg

EA Prairie Smile Makeover

tumblr_od7xjhiTAJ1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

Pearl Place

tumblr_od4v12zH3W1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

Folk Victorian

tumblr_o11bw1zJqa1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

Brick Warmth Starter

tumblr_od4ungjlHL1uj2se4o1_500.jpg

Natasha Una's house

tumblr_o13d31xZfv1uj2se4o1_1280.jpg

None of them use CC, even though some of them are pictured with a CC white trimmed roof, except for the Makeover, I used a custom fence, windows, doors and siding in that.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Pary Beautiful homes! Especially love your Prairie Smile makeover. <3 I like to make over Maxis houses, too.

I have a few builds. Some of them are still a "work in progress". Some of them have had items removed or replaced when I transferred my game to my new computer and haven't got around to fixing them. So if you see something that looks "off" that's why. :D

This is an apartment building for Dragon Valley. The rooms are pretty much the same and kept simple.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Here's a Medieval build I entered for a contest. Also in DV. This one's on the exchange and has no CC. It has a walled in type of yard with different buildings.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Another Medieval build. This one's kinda simple except I used roof decorations inside as ceiling beams.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I have others I'll post later. :)
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Being a terribly lazy builder myself, I'm in absolute awe!

I built a Motel once, though, "Sleazy Nights Motel:

thegreywitches-part02-18-01.jpg?w=1000
    thegreywitches-part02-18-04.jpg?w=1000
    thegreywitches-part02-18-07.jpg?w=1000
    thegreywitches-part02-18-03.jpg?w=1000
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Pary, I love all of the houses that you shared, especially Sunnybelle!! I just <3 it! Wish we could download these!! ;)
  • Options
    @Pary, I love all of the houses that you shared, especially Sunnybelle!! I just <3 it! Wish we could download these!! ;)
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    You can, they're downloads at my Tumblr
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Do you have these originals up for download? I especially like the Big Bear Lodge.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @Pary, thanks for letting me know!! :)
  • Options
    @jillbg that motel is awesome. It looks real. B)
  • Options
    @Pary Wonderful houses! :)

@Odonata68 Thanks! I'm struggling with reality in my game! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @KevinL5275 I actually don't have them for download I'm afraid, but I'm sure I could do that for you. :) I like the big bear lodge too, it's a perfect house for a big family or a party house kinda thing.

@Pary I love makeovers, Your Prairie Smile is gorgeous! the original EA design was lovely but that color schedule of theirs... no.

@jillbg That motel is SO COOL. And Pary is right, it looks very realistic!
  • Options
    @Odonata68 I love those Medieval builds, the one with the courtyard and the well looks straight out Skyrim or the Witcher 3. :o<3
  • Options
    @HARIBOWS Thanks! :) I wanted something seedy, but discovered the CC I would have needed too late...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @HARIBOWS thank you :) I haven't played Witcher 3 yet but I LOVE Skyrim! <3
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2017
    I love seeing everyone's builds. Since we don't have a separate Sims 3 creative corner let's keep this thread going.

I've started a game in Salmon Woods. Ive pretty much changed most community lots and every residential lot. I've added some residential lots that I have in my library, some by me, some by others but almost always tweaked. I did build two residential lots in the town center.

Town house on the original 30X30 fire station lot:
    Screenshot-21sm_zpshq8eh9ow.jpgScreenshot-22sm_zpsyfcyeubb.jpg
    Screenshot-24sm_zpsi6pzevgb.jpg
    Screenshot-25sm_zpsqdc6khgq.jpg

A duplex in a converted warehouse, like the bar behind it. This is on the original coffeehouse lot (when I plan to play a Showtime profession the coffeehouse stays).
    Screenshot-7sm_zpsckf2db5u.jpg
    Screenshot-11sm_zpscpyjbfwv.jpg
    Screenshot-15sm_zpsn7uk9bwn.jpg

ETA: I tried to keep the costs down. If my active household moves in then I will decorate to fit their style, when
    they can afford it. I really like Salmon Woods so far. Here is what these builds look like in the town.
    Screenshot-26sm_zpsrviftwng.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    Here are some of my builds that I made... :)

This is my SimsMart that I made using the Savvy Sellers collection... :) This first build should really be a Sims Home Depot since it just has home appliances and a garden center... :)
    VWtEAFxl.jpg
    HAp104Hl.jpg

Then I changed it to a Super SimsMart using the Bistro oven for the diner and the bakery oven for the bakery... :)
    a7w5f9Gl.jpg
    V2kKsQSl.jpg

The diner... :)
    nlVm4KMl.jpg

The bakery... :)
    mFzMg4el.jpg

Will probably post more pictures later on with other builds that I made... :)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @Rflong7 and @cwaddell I love your builds! So many ideas running through my head right now, but so little time! :D

I have a few more pics to share :) (warning; the first spoiler has MANY pics!)
    Croft Manor; this has been a WIP for a long time :# This is the build where items were replaced when I transferred my save.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    This next build is somewhat based on a house I really liked when we were looking to buy a new house.
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    sunken livingroom
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

I'm really enjoying everyone's builds! Please keep posting! B)
  • Options
    @Rflong7 They're lovely beach houses! I always wish Maxis themselves had done stuff like that where there were rows of identical houses, apart from colour on the outside, like in RL. Cause then you could see how they were all decorated differently on the inside!
  • Options
    @Odonata68 Ooohh I looove houses with courtyards, they're always so pretty!
  • Options
    @cwaddell Those adjoined townhouses are super cute! :o<3 I really like that you've made the other places inaccessible like the way EA does actual apartment blocks too, really cool design! :)