Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lag Lag Lag

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CíalaCíala Posts: 5 New Member
    I didn't know where to post this problem but I'll just post it here lol

So I started playing sims on my moms laptop and i made a household that i really liked and uploaded onto the gallery. But now i have to play sims on my dads laptop and I wanted to download my household from my moms laptop from the gallery and its not there. Its also on the same origin account.

Plz plz help if you know what to do.
    Thank you x
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Cíala wrote: »

So I started playing sims on my moms laptop and i made a household that i really liked and uploaded onto the gallery. But now i have to play sims on my dads laptop and I wanted to download my household from my moms laptop from the gallery and its not there. Its also on the same origin account.

Thank you x

Hello @Ciala
    Did you upload it just to your library, but not to the community section of the gallery? The files of the sims that you just upload to the library are kept in the tray folder in the Sims 4 folder on the particular computer. It would be best to upload the household to the community section of the gallery, then you can download it onto the other computer.
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    edited February 2017
    Simulation lag can happen for a variety of reasons. My QA team has reproduced and filed reports on many of these reasons. Such as:

- large amount of items in Sim's Inventories
    - large amount of files in the Tray folder
    - large amount of Sims/relationships in the save file
    - using speed 3 for an extended period of time
    - when a child goes to school
    - when interacting with a toddler
    - when children autonomously do homework
    - on San Myshuno apartment lots

If you're encountering freezing or lag in your game for a reason that isn't listed above, I'd love if you could provide me with more info, your save file/folder, your Config.log and Options.ini files (all located in your TS4 folder in Documents).

If you're encountering freezing or lag in your game for a reason that IS listed above, I'd still love your save file. The more save files I can provide to our Performance team, the better, I think.

There are some workarounds you can also try to help alleviate the issues, depending on the cause of your freezing. You can try emptying out inventories of all played Sims, or saving your Sims to the gallery and loading them into a brand new save game. There are some great threads on AHQ with workaround ideas from @crinrict, such as here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Issues-with-time-Clock/m-p/5095254#U5095254

I can't tell you when we're going to fix any of these issues, because I don't know. All I can do is to continue collecting reports and making sure that my QA team is seeing the same things that you all are. So if you're freezing/lagging, please send me your files, and any info you have. :)

SimGuruNick when is the bug when children or teens autonomously do their homework and try to chat with someone and than in the process freezes sims on lot going to be fixed? This bug has been in the game too long and should have been fixed by now. I have found this bug is really terrible when this bug fires off during a festival, even canceling the homework does not stop the slow down when the festival is closing down. Though the sims will unfreeze but the game will go into slow motion.
  • Options
    allenaltlaallenaltla Posts: 14 New Member
    Im experiencing lag horribly in the sims apartment world on TS4. The sims team better get there crap together so i will be making a video on youtube saying i don't recommend this game. also if you go onto my youtube channel which is called Allen Altlan, you can see the sims video i recorded the game freezes in some parts when i recording. it freezes even when i don't record.
  • Options
    allenaltla wrote: »
    Im experiencing lag horribly in the sims apartment world on TS4. The sims team better get there plum together so i will be making a video on youtube saying i don't recommend this game. also if you go onto my youtube channel which is called Allen Altlan, you can see the sims video i recorded the game freezes in some parts when i recording. it freezes even when i don't record.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are experiencing lagginess in your game in the San Myshuno.
    You may like to share your save game file and other files with SimGuruNick
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15554606/#Comment_15554606
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Looking at the list provided by @SimGuruNick, I can see that my lag issues may at times be related to the things in bold:

But most importantly, I have noticed that certain camera angles seem to create more lag. At the moment, my game is almost unplayable if there are any pools, fountains, music devices, SM toilets or similar items that come with an animation, on the lot in question. Unless, I somehow manage to block those items out of the camera's view.

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's an old or a new game save, nor if it's in any particular world. (Although SM is worse, probably because of all the extra things happening in the background/outside apartment windows.)
  • Options
    belpita wrote: »
    Looking at the list provided by @SimGuruNick, I can see that my lag issues may at times be related to the things in bold:

But most importantly, I have noticed that certain camera angles seem to create more lag. At the moment, my game is almost unplayable if there are any pools, fountains, music devices, SM toilets or similar items that come with an animation, on the lot in question. Unless, I somehow manage to block those items out of the camera's view.

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's an old or a new game save, nor if it's in any particular world. (Although SM is worse, probably because of all the extra things happening in the background/outside apartment windows.)

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues :( It would be good to share with SimGuruNick your save game files and other files that he asked for.
  • Options
    pemzypemzy Posts: 28 Member
    Try removing the mods folder if you have cc and testing the game after, if the game runs better, slowly add your cc back in an testing the game after putting in 5-10 pieces of cc
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    @belpita Lag from changing camera angles is usually a sign of client lag, not simulation. If you turn on the FPS cheat ("fps on"), are you seeing the FPS dip low when moving the camera around?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @belpita Lag from changing camera angles is usually a sign of client lag, not simulation. If you turn on the FPS cheat ("fps on"), are you seeing the FPS dip low when moving the camera around?

Yes, I think so. Not entirely sure what I'm looking at, to be honest.
    I'm in an apartment in the Art's District, the Media 930, and as soon as I move the camera so that it pans towards the windows the FPS dips to around 5, then back up again to 25-32 something when panning back in towards the elevator hallway. Actually, it seems to really dislike the kitchen thing with the paintings by one of my Sims in the screencap below.
    32950505431_f445f597e7_b.jpg

I should perhaps tag @SimGuruNick to get a reply :)
    Post edited by belpita on
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    @SimGuruNick Tagging him again cuz edited posts to add tags won't actually tag them. :) I'm also having the same problem. The panning lag is pretty random.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    JessieeBeeJessieeBee Posts: 3 New Member
    I am also experiencing sim game play lag. I referred to some forums to try and fix, but still no help.
    I have cleaned out all family/single inventories. I have moved the family to a smaller lot and changed the start-up setting from 64 to 32(??). I also took myself off of Origin online before playing.

After doing all of this my sims are still experiencing a sort of idling. They will start to do an action like jump into the pool but then just stand on the diving rock and sway. I tried to do a bug reset but that was no help for the idling. My sim just moved from the diving board to the ground still not moving even after given a direction to walk some where else. I did experience this on a party lot. I experience the lag at home too. For example when they are going to cook food, homework, work, ect. It is not consistent and will happen randomly but soon after these lags the game time line starts to lag and then freezes. This causes me then not to be able to switch between sims easily, but instead have to wait 2-3 minutes before it fixes itself to the control of another sim. I only have 3 people in my household. Mom-Teen Daughter-Teen Son. They live in the city.

I use no mods or cc content.
    I own all of the game packs/expansions EXCEPT Halloween pack and Vampires pack.

This problem began after the free toddler update.
    I am running this game on PC Windows 10 Version 1607

Thank you in advance for any and all help!
  • Options
    Hello @JessieeBee
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. Try having your sims move from San Myshuno to another world in the game, and test to see if the issues remain.
    You may also like to send your save game file and other files to SimGuruNick
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15554606/#Comment_15554606
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I have experienced lag as well. I know after 2 hours of gameplay, I start to get lag.

When Sims are selling items around the city, like the flea market or some of those art stands and table in some of the neighborhoods all of those items are transferred to the Sim's inventory. I am sure there are tons unplayed Sims walking around with bloated inventories. I have also noticed musicians who have the wooden guitar usually duplicates when they take it out of their inventory and put it back. I have rotated to some Sims with like 66 wooden guitars.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    @SimGuruNick Tagging him again cuz edited posts to add tags won't actually tag them. :) I'm also having the same problem. The panning lag is pretty random.

It is indeed! In the neighbouring apartment I have hardly any lag, except for when the Talking John is in the frame. So I still think it has to do with animations for certain objects, rather than my computer. (Although, I suppose it could be a combination.)
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    @belpita Thanks for the screenshot and detailed info of where you're seeing the lag, much appreciated! We'll look into it.

Could you also possibly share your Config.log and Options.ini files (located in your TS4 folder in Documents)? Just upload those files to any free file sharing site (such as Google Drive, Dropbox, mediafire, whatever you prefer) and share the URL with me (in a Private Message if you prefer). Thanks again so much!
  • Options
    FairytalesFairytales Posts: 64 Member
    I've noticed since the City Living expansion the lag is much worse. Also, the bigger my family and house the lag gets bad. When I have a big family or lot my sims stand there forever after I've told them to do something.
    26394146969_b2752af22f_m.jpg
  • Options
    Fairytales wrote: »
    I've noticed since the City Living expansion the lag is much worse. Also, the bigger my family and house the lag gets bad. When I have a big family or lot my sims stand there forever after I've told them to do something.

Hello
    Try having your sims live in smaller lot and also empty their inventories.

Try lowering the graohics and see if that helps.
  • Options
    CíalaCíala Posts: 5 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank you x

Hello @Ciala
    Did you upload it just to your library, but not to the community section of the gallery? The files of the sims that you just upload to the library are kept in the tray folder in the Sims 4 folder on the particular computer. It would be best to upload the household to the community section of the gallery, then you can download it onto the other computer.

I sorted it out thank you so much for the help xx
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Thank you x

Hello @Ciala

I sorted it out thank you so much for the help xx

Hello
    I am glad that the issue has been fixed :)
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    So far I encountered this exact problem in a downloaded spa lot. It was a beautiful build, but something was off with it, because as soon as I brought my sim there my game froze, other sims came in changed in their towels and just stood there for hours. They all stopped in the first floor, until much later when all of them suddenly started moving again and doing things in the spa, while my sim suddenly got stuck on the way upstairs... Other than that I do sometimes see sims stand around for periods of time and actions not being cancelled out. I think it has to do with specific items or builds that causes this lag.
  • Options
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    So far I encountered this exact problem in a downloaded spa lot. It was a beautiful build, but something was off with it, because as soon as I brought my sim there my game froze, other sims came in changed in their towels and just stood there for hours. They all stopped in the first floor, until much later when all of them suddenly started moving again and doing things in the spa, while my sim suddenly got stuck on the way upstairs... Other than that I do sometimes see sims stand around for periods of time and actions not being cancelled out. I think it has to do with specific items or builds that causes this lag.

Hello
    If you haven't already tried this, try bulldozing the spa lot. Then replace it with the version from your library again and test to see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    I just need a computer that costs more than a Kia.
  • Options
    KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    its ovrpopulation- gotta really clean the town out man- clean the aliens and vamps and extras for real- i use mc command- to add to population- but i noticed in the last 5 minutes i ha pop ups notifying me of over 50 births and game lagged a bit- not much but noticeable- so now i gotta go kill some babes...... :neutral: