Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lag Lag Lag

Comments

• Options
    catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member
    Personally I think this game is getting worse and worse day by day for its glitches and issues and its actually not making me want to play the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game any more.
    Ive just had a new glitch my sim did not age up after blowing her candles out, which is a new one for me
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Yes - the more they add to the game - the more it lags it seems - can hardly play an hour anymore without lag or freeze now - especially if go into CAS or build mode. Really heats up my computer too. I have a gaming computer and keep my video card and all up to date so I know it is not my specs - no problems at all with SIMS 2 or SIMS 3.
  • Options
    iWallOliveiraiWallOliveira Posts: 182 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    I have one, just one, game that is crazy with lag. They stand there while the time keeps ticking away and after about 15-30seconds they finally start moving again. There are only 4 sims currently in a medium sized house. They are on the 3rd generation though, and I've never played one family so long.

I used MC to clean out ghosts and manually deleted most of the single elder townies, which helped a little, I think. But it's still doing it.

I also lowered my graphics settings to medium/low to see if that would help.

New games are perfect, no lag at all.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions to get it to run correctly? This save is basically unplayable to me. :(

I stopped playing and uninstalled The Sims 4 from my computer because of these problems, until the producers did not fix it, I do not play again, my computer has great settings to run any game on top without lags and only with the TS4, I've been experiencing FPS and Bugs issues. Some people here in the forum are saying that it is problem in PC hardware, but it is not, the problem is the game.
  • Options
    love7680love7680 Posts: 123 Member
    Mine does this too occasionally. I noticed that it only happens in my game when it's time for the kids to go to school! Most of the time I'll pause the game for a few seconds and then unpause it and they'll go do the next action which for the kids it's go to school, for the other sims whatever action I gave them to do. This could be a lot of simmers issue (school time freeze)...just a thought!
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    edited February 2017
    Simulation lag can happen for a variety of reasons. My QA team has reproduced and filed reports on many of these reasons. Such as:

- large amount of items in Sim's Inventories
    - large amount of files in the Tray folder
    - large amount of Sims/relationships in the save file
    - using speed 3 for an extended period of time
    - when a child goes to school
    - when interacting with a toddler
    - when children autonomously do homework
    - on San Myshuno apartment lots

If you're encountering freezing or lag in your game for a reason that isn't listed above, I'd love if you could provide me with more info, your save file/folder, your Config.log and Options.ini files (all located in your TS4 folder in Documents).

If you're encountering freezing or lag in your game for a reason that IS listed above, I'd still love your save file. The more save files I can provide to our Performance team, the better, I think.

There are some workarounds you can also try to help alleviate the issues, depending on the cause of your freezing. You can try emptying out inventories of all played Sims, or saving your Sims to the gallery and loading them into a brand new save game. There are some great threads on AHQ with workaround ideas from @crinrict, such as here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Issues-with-time-Clock/m-p/5095254#U5095254

I can't tell you when we're going to fix any of these issues, because I don't know. All I can do is to continue collecting reports and making sure that my QA team is seeing the same things that you all are. So if you're freezing/lagging, please send me your files, and any info you have. :)
  • Options
    Simulation lag can happen for a variety of reasons. My QA team has reproduced and filed reports on many of these reasons. Such as:

If you're encountering freezing or lag in your game for a reason that isn't listed above, I'd love if you could provide me with more info, your save file/folder, your Config.log and Options.ini files (all located in your TS4 folder in Documents).

If you're encountering freezing or lag in your game for a reason that IS listed above, I'd still love your save file. The more save files I can provide to our Performance team, the better, I think.

There are some workarounds you can also try to help alleviate the issues, depending on the cause of your freezing. You can try emptying out inventories of all played Sims, or saving your Sims to the gallery and loading them into a brand new save game. There are some great threads on AHQ with workaround ideas from @crinrict, such as here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORK-IN-PROGRESS-Issues-with-time-Clock/m-p/5095254#U5095254

I can't tell you when we're going to fix any of these issues, because I don't know. All I can do is to continue collecting reports and making sure that my QA team is seeing the same things that you all are. So if you're freezing/lagging, please send me your files, and any info you have. :)

My sims inventories are clear. Maybe one or two items in there
    I am always cleaning my sims folder out and deleting games I know longer play

Another question I have is if you know these are the problems that are causing lag, then why on earth aren't they being fixed then???
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    My main save has sims up to gen 4, but I play with my gen 2&3 sims. My game is so incredibly slow and I have constant bugs. I've been thinking of putting them all in a new save for awhile now, but if it's performing badly because of the number of sims I have and not because I've had the save for a little over a year than there's no point in moving everything over to a new save.

They really need to work on this. Isn't the sims all about following a family for generations and generations? I haven't left gen 2 behind yet and I'm already having problems? It's crazy!
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member

Another question I have is if you know these are the problems that are causing lag, then why on earth aren't they being fixed then???

Instead of yelling at SimGuruNick who is trying to help why not send him your files like he asked?

Not saying this game does not have problems but I noticed you posted in another thread you have a laptop. Does it meet requirements to run the game? Having an under-powered computer will cause more issues on top of already existing game bugs. If you have an under-powered computer it would be hard for EA to tell what are actual game issues and what my be cause by having low end computer hardware
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Instead of yelling at SimGuruNick who is trying to help why not send him your files like he asked?

Not saying this game does not have problems but I noticed you posted in another thread you have a laptop. Does it meet requirements to run the game? Having an under-powered computer will cause more issues on top of already existing game bugs. If you have an under-powered computer it would be hard for EA to tell what are actual game issues and what my be cause by having low end computer hardware

I have sent files in actually and still nothing is being done. and who is saying I am shouting at him, I'm just getting my point across that these actions given do not work to fix the issues in gameplay and asking why they are not being fixed that's all
    And yes my laptop does meet all requirements
  • Options

I have sent files in actually and still nothing is being done. and who is saying I am shouting at him, I'm just getting my point across that these actions given do not work to fix the issues in gameplay and asking why they are not being fixed that's all

It sounded like you were yelling at him. He is only one person and is asking for as much info as he can. They have to make official reports. EA does pay the gurus for their time. It may very well be an issue of money . They may have to prove to the executives there are this many people having problems and it must be fixed. We don't know what is going on behind closed doors.
  • Options

It sounded like you were yelling at him. He is only one person and is asking for as much info as he can. They have to make official reports. EA does pay the gurus for their time. It may very well be an issue of money . They may have to prove to the executives there are this many people having problems and it must be fixed. We don't know what is going on behind closed doors.

How come it sounded like I was yelling at him? My writing wasn't in CAPTIALS which means shouting or I didn't use any of these !!!
    Was just asking questions. I am in no doubt that the people behind Sims are doing an amazing job, but on the other hand how many people do they need posting on here with the same issues before the problems are fixed, and yes I'm no computer genius but when people have tried everything from what is suggested in the posts and they are not working, it maybe isn't down to the computers or laptops being used and is more an issue with the game its self. There is a difference between a few niggles here and there that people can ignore, but these issues are taking over the game and have been around for ages, so as a company you would think rather than keep adding more stuff which is obviously effecting the game play, why not fix the issues to make it better for people to play then add things. That's what I would do any way but hay I maybe just chatting nonsense
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @catwoman2005
    I think it's the "why on earth ... ???" that made you seemed angry. If you've just sent your save files, they'll need some time to investigate.

Have you checked other Sims' inventories too ? I know mine are stockpiling violins, guitars and knives, and I'm wondering how much an impact it may have on performance.
  • Options

How come it sounded like I was yelling at him? My writing wasn't in CAPTIALS which means shouting or I didn't use any of these !!!
    Was just asking questions. I am in no doubt that the people behind Sims are doing an amazing job, but on the other hand how many people do they need posting on here with the same issues before the problems are fixed, and yes I'm no computer genius but when people have tried everything from what is suggested in the posts and they are not working, it maybe isn't down to the computers or laptops being used and is more an issue with the game its self. There is a difference between a few niggles here and there that people can ignore, but these issues are taking over the game and have been around for ages, so as a company you would think rather than keep adding more stuff which is obviously effecting the game play, why not fix the issues to make it better for people to play then add things. That's what I would do any way but hay I maybe just chatting nonsense

You stated this and it did not have to be in caps : Another question I have is if you know these are the problems that are causing lag, then why on earth aren't they being fixed then???

He knows there are issues and he asked for anyone's files . He has been in the forum before asking for files. I don't work for EA. I and others do volunteer to help other players. I have no control over how EA is handling this situation. I agree with you that the game needs fixing. My only answer is I'm sorry it's that unplayable for you and many others. You do have a choice , if it's that bad don't play it and don't buy more for the game until they fix it. I removed it off both my computers last year. Origin was giving me a lot of problems and I was also one of the people who got hit with the CPU problem on my laptop. I have a higher end gaming laptop. It does meet recommended requirements to run the game. A patch or origin update had suddenly caused caused my fans to race and set my laptop on fire. My game was vanilla with only the base game and OR installed. No other game has done this to my laptop. My whole sims 3 plays just fine and I have never had a heating issue on my laptop. It has very good cooling. Heat can cause damage to a computer. I was not about to play a game that had the potential to damage my laptop. This CPU issue effects some and not others. There have been a lot of people posting this issue. I am trying to gather as much info I can to give to Nick. He does need to make reports and I'm sure is not in control of how everything gets fixed.
  • Options
    @Neia one thing I do know is you need to keep inventories low. We have to do this for the sims 3 too. It will effect game performance.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Ye I know what u are saying, and I am sorry like if I am coming across as a pain, but I do really enjoy playing sims sooo much but slowly growing out of it and getting fed up with it at the same time and that is because of the lags. A game that I enjoy playing so much is making me want to throw my brand new laptop out of the window lol. so just really hope they are fixed soon, but aint getting my hopes up coz most likely they will bring out a new pack and brink along a whole new load of problems with it hehe catch 22
  • Options
    I do understand it is frustrating and I hope they do find fixes soon so people can enjoy their game and you can enjoy playing on your new laptop
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    So is there a problem with the game in general? Or are gaming computers having huge las issue too?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    So is there a problem with the game in general? Or are gaming computers having huge las issue too?

There seems to be a range of issues at the moment, not one - there's just too much variation in the lag people see to have one cause. None of them hit everyone. Some may be hitting mostly lower-end computers (my suspicion re. the speed-3 problem). Some seem to be hitting lots of people with all sorts of specs, but not everyone (the San Myshuno lag, which I don't seem to have - fwiw, I'm on a midrange not-so-new GPU). I would imagine some are going to be faster to isolate and fix than others. But QA has been able to reproduce all sorts of lag issues and is collecting saves.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    OrochiAsusOrochiAsus Posts: 2 New Member
    I have this issue. I'm on a higher end gaming rig - GTX 1070, 8 core CPU, 16gb RAM, SSD. I can run most games on Ultra. It's not a PC thing @Orchid13
  • Options
    OrochiAsus wrote: »
    I have this issue. I'm on a higher end gaming rig - GTX 1070, 8 core CPU, 16gb RAM, SSD. I can run most games on Ultra. It's not a PC thing @Orchid13

It is and is not a PC thing. People who have lower end computers will feel the game problems worse than if you have a higher gaming rig. If your computer is under requirements you will get more game issues.

It is not effecting every computer. The game seems to like some hardware and not others. SimGuruNick is trying to pinpoint the game problems. I would read his post above in this thread and send him your game files if you need to
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    OrochiAsus wrote: »

Hello @OrochiAsus
    Try doing the suggestions posted in this link post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15543387/#Comment_15543387
    If the issues remain, it would be good to send your save game and other files to SimGuru Nick
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15554606/#Comment_15554606
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

There seems to be a range of issues at the moment, not one - there's just too much variation in the lag people see to have one cause. None of them hit everyone. Some may be hitting mostly lower-end computers (my suspicion re. the speed-3 problem). Some seem to be hitting lots of people with all sorts of specs, but not everyone (the San Myshuno lag, which I don't seem to have - fwiw, I'm on a midrange not-so-new GPU). I would imagine some are going to be faster to isolate and fix than others. But QA has been able to reproduce all sorts of lag issues and is collecting saves.

I've heard a lot about San Myshuno having issues :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I've heard a lot about San Myshuno having issues :/

Yep. But not for everyone. Which is why it can help QA to have more game files together with what hardware is playing on them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.