Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please add new stair types like spiral stairs, elevators etc.

RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member
edited February 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As a builder it would really make it easier to build and imagine new builds if you had a plethora of stairs. The connection between two floors has always been that single stair type that takes up to 8 tiles.

There are just so many different stair types that would expand the game to a whole new level (pun intended).
- switchback stairs - stairs that folds back in the middle taking 4 tiles
- ladder stairs (1 tile) for treehouse
- elevator of course (ranging from 1 tile elevator to 4 tiles)
- round stairs that occupies a square of 4 to 8 tiles depending on the grandeur :-P
- spiral stairs that takes a 4x4 or the really tight spiral stair of 1 tile
- tube stairs (future elevator that sucks you to the next floor) 2x2 tile or just 1 tile
- pole stair like the ones at the firestation
- rock stairs for the neaderthal build
- - no stair type - where the sim just teleport from location to another location. 1 tile - start and end teleportation or a chain of locations and the sim chooses the end point if you place a series of them down.

After 16 years of sims, isn't it time to add this to the base game. Spiral stairs as a start for castles would be nice.

Thank you for reading.
Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg

Comments

• ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    I know that I've heard of a mod where you can use elevators outside of just penthouses for decorative purposes only. I think you're right though that we should have these things. I'm a builder too and I've been dying for a spiral staircase and switchback stairs.
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm all for the stairs but the elevator they already told us why they couldn't really make an animated elevator.
  • RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member
    edited February 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I'm all for the stairs but the elevator they already told us why they couldn't really make an animated elevator.

I went searching for that and found that they said it was too difficult or too time consuming?

I can understand that they have a base structure in which all their expansion/stuff packs hangs on so all they need to do is design the graphics and the standard model of animation would take care of the rest.

As a suggestion for EA, just use the one that you use for the penthouse; teleportation where the door closes you simply teleport the sim to the next location that the an elevator point is place. If you can add the animation that is great, if you cannot, all we want is something that gets the sim from one location to the next. So feeding two birds with one bird feeder, offer teleportation stairs-points and the outer animation can be none, elevator doors, tube style for swishing animation, star trek :-P
    Post edited by RalphaelNinja on
    Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg
  • FrancisPuddingFrancisPudding Posts: 10 New Member
    I want so many more stair options also. My top 2 desires being spiral and ladder. I love OP's idea for rock stairs, also. Could just be a skin, I could so use that for my landscaping.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would love grand staircases.
    sure you can widen any staircase... but that doesn't make them grand.

I'm talking marble with a runner going down the middle and the wide opening at the bottom.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • RetinaStormRetinaStorm Posts: 185 Member
    i always liked the spiral staircase thats the only one i used ive never liked the straight stairs i see enough of those in my house i dont want to see them in game too lol bringing back the spiral staircase would be great
  • EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
    Yeah we really need more options in general. It would be cool if they also gave us a vortex hole or a magical mirror to travel. They wouldn't even need special animations (Although that would be awesome!)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah we really need more options in general. It would be cool if they also gave us a vortex hole or a magical mirror to travel. They wouldn't even need special animations (Although that would be awesome!)

Although I would love that
    giphy_1_by_mphattyboi-d9ywoyr.gif
    although to travel between realms... not so sure about floors in the same houses... unless they start adding more floors to homes and you want to get from floor 7 to the 1st then yeah it would be useful...

the vampires pack got me thinking, with their "distressed wall decals"

what if there was a rug/stair that made the flooring weak, or made a hole appear in the floor.
    and if a sim walked in it's path the floor would give way, and the sim would fall from the upper floor.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    I've been wanting spiral staircases since sims came out i hate the ordinary straight ones or the ones that go up a couple of steps then turn again to go to the second stage to the top so they curve around walls, i find the ordinary ones take up to much space
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    We need way more stairs options in the game. The straight ones we have right now are boring and not very practical. I would really like stairs like these:
    tweekwarten-trap.jpg
    In these stairs you can enter the stairs on the sides downstairs and upstairs. This way you don't need all the extra room for the straight stairs we have now.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
    Denver-Stairs-151.jpg
    stairs-wed.jpg

Id like to see those
  • JuneBuggie09JuneBuggie09 Posts: 4 New Member
    What if the Stairs would move sort of like the roofs. what I mean by that is, you place down your standard Stair, after that there are three areas you can control/change the angle, the shape, Etc.?
  • JuneBuggie09JuneBuggie09 Posts: 4 New Member
    Also, Please Pleease PLEASE add a Varity of different windows.
  • isthisdavidisthisdavid Posts: 22 Member
    As a fellow builder, I really miss spiral staircases and elevators. I was really hoping we'd at least get elevators back in build mode when City Living came out.
  • CyberCyber Posts: 1 New Member
    How about a teleport elevator like the one from Sims 2. Make sim interact with platform, follow cam on, teleport to a predefined destination up or down depending on your decision and if you got a 2nd platform, follow cam off.

All the mechanics is in the game already, it's just the question about tying it to a "teleportation platform" enabling any sim to teleport direct path up or down and built like stairs, put it down on one floor it will be built on to floors, allow to "build" on to of exsiting one to connect to more floors. (make the teleport animation short)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,123 Member
    I miss the Spiral stairs that Sims 3 had that was never put into Sims 4.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    L-stairs would be great!
    a256aFi.gif