Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Three Eyed Fish in a Fish Tank?

I have been curious about seeing more use of the Three Eyed Fish I've caught in the game.

I stocked a pond in IP with them, no problem--sims are reeling them in when they fish. I had one fish mounted and put it on a wall, then I got the idea to put a couple into a fish tank. Well, these fish never show up in the tank; I tried five different fish tanks in my game, no luck.

UyWlq8D.jpg

Above are two Angelfish, one Jellyfish, and two invisible Three Eyed Fish.

Has anyone gotten the Three Eyed Fish to show up in a fish tank in the game?
I started to wonder if this were a bug, but I haven't been successful in finding a previous discussion of this that google knows about.
Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    I never even noticed we had 3 eyed fish LOL. @igazor any clue on this issue? Thanks
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    Sounds like a pickup line to me. "Hey, wanna come over to my place and see my invisible three-eyed fish?"

Nah, I got nothing. :/
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    B-b-but according to the tank manager they are real and PERFECT! :innocent:
    DQGonwb.jpg

Aw shucks... :wink:
    Igazor saw right through me. I guess he's not going to come over and teach my fish to *behave* with NRaas Industry resources. :disappointed::heartbreak:

Actually, another thought. :grey_question::mrgreen:
    I read in a couple different places that if you pair up fish (of a kind) in a fish tank, they might make a baby.
    So I was wondering if I'll get Angel babies or if there is enough code on the invisible ones, could they create a visible baby? (a sort of permutation of invisible sims with costume problems?)

The Angels are my control species in this tank (this really is so terribly scientific).
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I'd suggest the fish tank was probably made before they decided to add three eyed fish so the tank doesn't have a body for them. They come from the Dystopian Future.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I'd suggest the fish tank was probably made before they decided to add three eyed fish so the tank doesn't have a body for them. They come from the Dystopian Future.
    Makes sense. All the fish species shrink to fit into the tank. So they have new bodies.

That means if they do reproduce in the tank, I'll have invisible babies that can be made visible by doing some of the other things like mounting them and stocking fish ponds. Okay. So it does seem to be just another oversight after all. Thanks @Karritz!
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited February 2017
    Learn something new every day....first thing I thought of...

0%207xKIyHy13ZVSYSYI.jpg
    Now there's a thought.
    Is there a sushi recipe for them? Chances are, probably not. :)

d827fe112256adc7cb4eee6e884754e0.gif

Well, learned something new to me. I removed all the fish from my sim's inventory, then had her make some sushi.

hoh3pG6.jpg

Turns out that she also made sushi with the single luminuous salamander that I left in the inventory too. :flushed:
    So there must be generic code for critters in the category.

Probably be good for a Halloween party. :)
    This is just a followup on the missing 3-Eyed Fish issue.

I haven't had a lot of game time lately but I did find that the fish in question does breed in captivity and has a body for the fishbowl.

6kYGHZ4.jpg

Meanwhile my fish tank has a healthy population of 'born in captivity' (and invisible) fish of this species. :smirk: Quirky fun.