Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which supernatural do you want to see next?

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Jestina wrote: »
    Faeries.
    I don't agree with witches being a supernatural. Witchcraft and Wicca is something any normal sim should be able to practice. Not like magic Harry Potter garbage...but real witchcraft.

I'm just tired of seeing all the witch tropes in books and movies. I don't know any real witch's that fly around on brooms and wear pointed hats. I wouldn't really classify historical/traditional witchcraft(not Wicca) as a religion since there are various ways that it is practiced.

I agree, to me Harry Potter is garbage. but I do believe Sorcery and magic is a power not every human should have access to, or possess.

The Arcane Ability should be a (Life State) Trait, that manifests itself within a sim. Something one is Born with and is Hereditary, could potentially be dormant unless awoken.

People trashing Harry Potter lol , this is painful to read as a Harry Potter lover! I just wanna say that in Harry Potter there are a normal human being and they can become witches and wizards, like hermione!

I actually think they could get some cool ideas for wizards and witches from Harry Potter. Owls, special wands, witches and wizards that can become animals and stuff like that.

As Much as I hate to admit, I was a fan, but that was eons ago. After the Chamber of Secrets, the magic simply wore off and I lost interest.

When Once Upon a Time, Merlin, Teen Wolf, came into my life everything changed.

Hermione was a different case tho, She was born with the ability, which is possible... two negatives can make a positive.

But I'm talking about allowing an ordinary Human to possess magic, As if magic was a simple skill like Gardening and cooking. Magic has to be in your nature, manifested within your being.

I'm not against wands, I just want them to be more respected. wands shouldn't be the default way of doing magic.
    Wands are suppose to be tools, to focus magic and help the Sorcerer cast those powerful spells, such as Time Travel, Necromancy, Realm Jumping, commanding the cosmos, and completely changing their environment. These couldn't cast on their own without draining all their Energy.

and Optionally if the Player wants to, use a wand to cast all spells. they can do that... but I believe even that comes with a Price... You'll be weakening yourself in a sense, if you become more accustomed to using a wand, You're magic will be noticeably weaker if you suddenly decide to stop using the wand.

I do want full animal transformations though, Instead of Sims in Frog Costumes, that Toadification Spell was so cheap. How about a real toad, a fish, a Mouse, and if you have Pets you can turn sims into cats and dogs. Glamour Spells, to look like other sims in disguise.

Also Life State transformation spells, I think Making Potions to swap life States is too Easy.

Mmm well considering the team watched like a thousand vampire movies to come up with vampires I think Harry Potter along with other movies could make witches extremely awesome.

I don't really understand the human possessing magic skills, I mean sims can turn into witches by gaining certain characteristics, I mean we don't need CAS to turn normal humans into vampires. Now if you mean humans that won't count as a traditional witch or fall into the stereotype of a witch could cause the whole problem with the Wicca rituals, I personally would love this, but it's obvious that in this community that would cause issues because people start relating it to religion and bla bla bla

I really loved the spells you came up with, I agree the turning sims into animals in the past has been lame, and I hope that if they get added we won't have ridiculous costumes, like the bear ones when turning sims into something else. Since we already have frogs in the game it would be awesome if witches could turn sims into frogs and add them to their collection, and depending on how advanced their skill is they could start getting rare frogs... I would love turning some townies into frogs lol

Focusing on Humans Possessing Magical abilities...

Like The Vampiric Trait, Alien Trait...

I'm calling it the Arcane Ability trait. Which is the trait allows a Sim to do Magic. Because My Speculation is, Sorcerers will have at least a Strengths System... not so much Weaknesses.

Brief Summary of the Spell Book System~
    This System will take the form of a Spell Book UI within the spell book. Are 10 chapters of all Magic from Arcane (which is the Default Chapter I Introduction, basically Where All Sorcerers Start.) from theres They player can unlock chapters, in a non linear fashion and highlight what spells what they want their sims to take away from the chapter.

Meaning you'll need cheats if you want to turn your existing sim into a Sorcerer.

Alternatively Using gameplay, Like vampires you Study Vampire lore. Sims can gain a knowledge of Magic by studying Arcane. Once your sim learns about Conduits... they can then break into a Sorcerer's Home (with a certain mischief skill level).
    Try to locating the Sorcerer's Conduit. The Conduit is the Magical Item that the Sim uses most, It could be one of the following:

-Spell Book - Could be lying around If it's in a book shelf, or storage Unit, that's not The Sorcerer's Inventory your sim can find it.
    -Cauldron
    -Magic Mirror (Enchanted mirror imbued with wither power. Uses to spy, imprison, and get Free Cable.
    -Wand... if they have one.

your sim can gain access to any of these objects, and learned how to use these conduits, they can absorb (A Copy of) The Sorcerer's Arcane ability. Gaining all the powers and abilities, that the Sorcerer has unlocked.

This is the only complex way I think sims should become Sorcerers other than cheats.

add the Only way to Rid yourself of magic is to destroy your conduit. and if you went through the process of absorbing another Sorcerer's powers, then that means you have to destroy their conduit, thus destroying their power too.

I love all of this, but I'm not sure if it might be too complex.

Well the idea came from the concept of the Book of Life, and I was hoping If a Sim were to Lose their magic ability by some other means, (Vampire bit them and sapped them of their powers) The Conduit could restore it. the Conduits are just saving and updating your Sorcerer Sim's powers as they use them.
    Adding to it, if the conduits are destroyed, So is the sim's Arcane ability. and any sim can use them and gain the Sorcerer's power.

They would have to add a lot more than just wizards and witches for that. It sounds really cool though. I definitely see witches as a potential GP so maybe they could add some of those features specially the arcane abilities.
    Lisey wrote: »
    Fairies, in their own gamepack! I loved customizing the wings in Sims 3. :)

I really want to see fairies soon as well, but idk if in a GP just because I think they can't have a GP for each occult and witches have way more content than fairies. Some amazing CAS could be added with a supernatural EP, cause I don't think they are enough for a GP but they also require more work than just being an addition of some random EP like aliens , so they can be done properly. I think in TS3 fairies were pretty cool, i don't know if I would change much, just better CAS, but TS4 already has great CAS so I'm already counting on it.

Right, Sorcerers (Personal beliefs) > Witches and Wizards combined that's why I keep preaching them.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Faeries.
    I don't agree with witches being a supernatural. Witchcraft and Wicca is something any normal sim should be able to practice. Not like magic Harry Potter garbage...but real witchcraft.

I'm just tired of seeing all the witch tropes in books and movies. I don't know any real witch's that fly around on brooms and wear pointed hats. I wouldn't really classify historical/traditional witchcraft(not Wicca) as a religion since there are various ways that it is practiced.

I agree, to me Harry Potter is garbage. but I do believe Sorcery and magic is a power not every human should have access to, or possess.

The Arcane Ability should be a (Life State) Trait, that manifests itself within a sim. Something one is Born with and is Hereditary, could potentially be dormant unless awoken.

People trashing Harry Potter lol , this is painful to read as a Harry Potter lover! I just wanna say that in Harry Potter there are a normal human being and they can become witches and wizards, like hermione!

I actually think they could get some cool ideas for wizards and witches from Harry Potter. Owls, special wands, witches and wizards that can become animals and stuff like that.

As Much as I hate to admit, I was a fan, but that was eons ago. After the Chamber of Secrets, the magic simply wore off and I lost interest.

Hermione was a different case tho, She was born with the ability, which is possible... two negatives can make a positive.

But I'm talking about allowing an ordinary Human to possess magic, As if magic was a simple skill like Gardening and cooking. Magic has to be in your nature, manifested within your being.

I'm not against wands, I just want them to be more respected. wands shouldn't be the default way of doing magic.
    Wands are suppose to be tools, to focus magic and help the Sorcerer cast those powerful spells, such as Time Travel, Necromancy, Realm Jumping, commanding the cosmos, and completely changing their environment. These couldn't cast on their own without draining all their Energy.

and Optionally if the Player wants to, use a wand to cast all spells. they can do that... but I believe even that comes with a Price... You'll be weakening yourself in a sense, if you become more accustomed to using a wand, You're magic will be noticeably weaker if you suddenly decide to stop using the wand.

I do want full animal transformations though, Instead of Sims in Frog Costumes, that Toadification Spell was so cheap. How about a real toad, a fish, a Mouse, and if you have Pets you can turn sims into cats and dogs. Glamour Spells, to look like other sims in disguise.

Also Life State transformation spells, I think Making Potions to swap life States is too Easy.

Mmm well considering the team watched like a thousand vampire movies to come up with vampires I think Harry Potter along with other movies could make witches extremely awesome.

I don't really understand the human possessing magic skills, I mean sims can turn into witches by gaining certain characteristics, I mean we don't need CAS to turn normal humans into vampires. Now if you mean humans that won't count as a traditional witch or fall into the stereotype of a witch could cause the whole problem with the Wicca rituals, I personally would love this, but it's obvious that in this community that would cause issues because people start relating it to religion and bla bla bla

I really loved the spells you came up with, I agree the turning sims into animals in the past has been lame, and I hope that if they get added we won't have ridiculous costumes, like the bear ones when turning sims into something else. Since we already have frogs in the game it would be awesome if witches could turn sims into frogs and add them to their collection, and depending on how advanced their skill is they could start getting rare frogs... I would love turning some townies into frogs lol

I'm calling it the Arcane Ability trait. Which is the trait allows a Sim to do Magic. Because My Speculation is, Sorcerers will have at least a Strengths System... not so much Weaknesses.

This System will take the form of a Spell Book UI within the spell book. Are 10 chapters of all Magic from Arcane (which is the Default Chapter I Introduction, basically Where All Sorcerers Start.) from theres They player can unlock chapters, in a non linear fashion and highlight what spells what they want their sims to take away from the chapter.

Meaning you'll need cheats if you want to turn your existing sim into a Sorcerer.

Alternatively Using gameplay, Like vampires you Study Vampire lore. Sims can gain a knowledge of Magic by studying Arcane. Once your sim learns about Conduits... they can then break into a Sorcerer's Home (with a certain mischief skill level).
    Try to locating the Sorcerer's Conduit. The Conduit is the Magical Item that the Sim uses most, It could be one of the following:

-Spell Book - Could be lying around If it's in a book shelf, or storage Unit, that's not The Sorcerer's Inventory your sim can find it.
    -Cauldron
    -Magic Mirror (Enchanted mirror imbued with wither power. Uses to spy, imprison, and get Free Cable.

your sim can gain access to any of these objects, and learned how to use these conduits, they can absorb (A Copy of) The Sorcerer's Arcane ability. Gaining all the powers and abilities, that the Sorcerer has unlocked.

This is the only complex way I think sims should become Sorcerers other than cheats.

add the Only way to Rid yourself of magic is to destroy your conduit. and if you went through the process of absorbing another Sorcerer's powers, then that means you have to destroy their conduit, thus destroying their power too.

Well the idea came from the concept of the Book of Life, and I was hoping If a Sim were to Lose their magic ability by some other means, (Vampire bit them and sapped them of their powers) The Conduit could restore it. the Conduits are just saving and updating your Sorcerer Sim's powers as they use them.
    Adding to it, if the conduits are destroyed, So is the sim's Arcane ability. and any sim can use them and gain the Sorcerer's power.

They would have to add a lot more than just wizards and witches for that. It sounds really cool though. I definitely see witches as a potential GP so maybe they could add some of those features specially the arcane abilities.

I really want to see fairies soon as well, but idk if in a GP just because I think they can't have a GP for each occult and witches have way more content than fairies. Some amazing CAS could be added with a supernatural EP, cause I don't think they are enough for a GP but they also require more work than just being an addition of some random EP like aliens , so they can be done properly. I think in TS3 fairies were pretty cool, i don't know if I would change much, just better CAS, but TS4 already has great CAS so I'm already counting on it.

Right, Sorcerers (Personal beliefs) > Witches and Wizards combined that's why I keep preaching them.

I don't mind traditional witches though. I mean I hope we get a bad witch and good witch like in TS2, which seemed to be like the concept in the Wizard of Oz. And I also really liked the idea that someone mentioned here of having witches linked to the elements (air,fire,water and earth)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Faeries.

-Cauldron

I don't mind traditional witches though. I mean I hope we get a bad witch and good witch like in TS2, which seemed to be like the concept in the Wizard of Oz. And I also really liked the idea that someone mentioned here of having witches linked to the elements (air,fire,water and earth)

yeah Which is why I think Sorcerers are on top. For me, a Sorcerer can be a witch, but a witch can never be a sorcerer.
    and why i think they Should Do a Spell Book UI, and the player can create their witch with certain abilities. If you want your Sorcerer to only Have power over fire, and Dark Magic you can do that. or you can choose to be master over all. Good witches can use dark magic for good, and Evil can manipulate Light magic for evil too.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    Id love it if witches had a sort of hierarchy like Vampires does, build your witches/wizards up to be the Supreme High Witch. I just hope EA adds the cloning feature to Aliens like Vampires has.
  • simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    I defiantly agree with the witches!!!! I'd also like to see mermaids, along with werewolves, fairies, shape shifters, and zombies. I think I'd be cool if they all had different worlds too, similar to Forgotten Hallow in the vampire game pack. I think the coolest for me would defiantly be witches, mermaids, and shape shifters!!!! New worlds and new traits for each one (that is if they were all separate game packs). Really hope we get some more supernatural game packs!! :)
  • evagonblaevagonbla Posts: 14 New Member
    Sorry if I make any mistake. I'd love witches, but sorcery should be and ability and a job, so every player could decide if they learn on their own or go to a HP like shool, they can have tons of related stuff, from medieval age to hippie style, and also it could be possible to have and inheritable skill for sorcery. Elementals should be nice, I wouldn't like to miss traditional wizards, though.
    I'd also love fairies, simplants and elves, they could come out together in their own pack or in any nature related (seasons?), their stuff should be leaves and flowers clothes, as for furniture, they could have all type of things which look like they are living inside a tree, and round rooms, too.
    Mermaids, with stuff which makes us thinking they live undersea. And, as someone else has told before, underwater swimming. In my opinion, they should come out in a sea resort related pack, as there aren't so many legends for them as for other supernaturals.
    I'd also like some wings and stuff to create angels and demons (as we have good and evil traits, it'll be really easy to create them).
    Every supernatural is welcome, guess the next one is going to be werewolves, with seasons and not so developed as vampires.
  • evagonblaevagonbla Posts: 14 New Member
    evagonbla wrote: »
    Sorry if I make any mistake. I'd love witches, but sorcery should be and ability and a job, so every player could decide if they learn on their own or go to a HP like shool, they can have tons of related stuff, from medieval age to hippie style, and also it could be possible to have and inheritable skill for sorcery. Elementals should be nice, I wouldn't like to miss traditional wizards, though.
    I'd also love fairies, simplants and elves, they could come out together in their own pack or in any nature related (seasons?), their stuff should be leaves and flowers clothes, as for furniture, they could have all type of things which look like they are living inside a tree, and round rooms, too.
    Mermaids, with stuff which makes us thinking they live undersea. And, as someone else has told before, underwater swimming. In my opinion, they should come out in a sea resort related pack, as there aren't so many legends for them as for other supernaturals.
    I'd also like some wings and stuff to create angels and demons (as we have good and evil traits, it'll be really easy to create them).
    Every supernatural is welcome, guess the next one is going to be werewolves, with pets and not so developed as vampires.

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    So in the supernatural survey a while back they mentioned runes and elemental powers, heres some ideas on those.

Every witch selects one element to start out with. There are foit elements, Water/ice , fire, air, and earth. Spells we've always had like Conversion, teleporting, freezing time etc do not tie into an element and are available to every witch.

So you have to train your element, and only by mastering that element are you allowed to start work on another. You can only be learning one element at a time. Heres a brief overview of the elements

Water is mainly used as supportive. You can heal sickness, ease bad moods like uncomfortable angry tense etc, conjure rain and storms if seasons is installed, water gardens and defend from spells, put out fires, clean objects and immunity to drowning etc. Skills that involve wisdom or knowledge like Logic, Video Gaming, programming, rocket science, etc all come naturally to them and are leveled up much quicker.

Water is unique as it can also be turned to ice to be used for freezing sims or objects.

Fire is mainly offensive, you can set sims or objects on fire, have immunity to fire, can cause anger in sims, can cook food without a stove, etc. Skills involving physical activites like athletic, dancing, wellness, along with cooking skills, come naturally to them and they learn them faster.

Earth is also supportive and mostly for gardening and needs. You can refill your needs, make plants grow or weed them, evolve plants, reduce the rate at which your needs fall, reduce other sims needs etc. Earth elementalists have Gardening, Mixology and Herbalism come naturally to them and are leveled up much quicker. Collections are also much easier for them as they can conjure treasure from the ground and find rare valuables more often.

Wind can be used to blow sims away, conjure powerful storms, levitation, etc. Dont really have alot of ideas here, but they are very gifted in all things inspirational like Drawing, writing and instruments.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    W I T C H E S
    The vampires blew my mind, so I cannot imagine what the witches will be like. I never really cared for werewolves within the sims, but something tells me I will this time around!
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    So in the supernatural survey a while back they mentioned runes and elemental powers, heres some ideas on those.

Every witch selects one element to start out with. There are foit elements, Water/ice , fire, air, and earth. Spells we've always had like Conversion, teleporting, freezing time etc do not tie into an element and are available to every witch.

So you have to train your element, and only by mastering that element are you allowed to start work on another. You can only be learning one element at a time. Heres a brief overview of the elements

Water is mainly used as supportive. You can heal sickness, ease bad moods like uncomfortable angry tense etc, conjure rain and storms if seasons is installed, water gardens and defend from spells, put out fires, clean objects and immunity to drowning etc. Skills that involve wisdom or knowledge like Logic, Video Gaming, programming, rocket science, etc all come naturally to them and are leveled up much quicker.

Water is unique as it can also be turned to ice to be used for freezing sims or objects.

Fire is mainly offensive, you can set sims or objects on fire, have immunity to fire, can cause anger in sims, can cook food without a stove, etc. Skills involving physical activites like athletic, dancing, wellness, along with cooking skills, come naturally to them and they learn them faster.

Earth is also supportive and mostly for gardening and needs. You can refill your needs, make plants grow or weed them, evolve plants, reduce the rate at which your needs fall, reduce other sims needs etc. Earth elementalists have Gardening, Mixology and Herbalism come naturally to them and are leveled up much quicker. Collections are also much easier for them as they can conjure treasure from the ground and find rare valuables more often.

Wind can be used to blow sims away, conjure powerful storms, levitation, etc. Dont really have alot of ideas here, but they are very gifted in all things inspirational like Drawing, writing and instruments.

Those are really good ideas. I'd love to see that implemented somehow, either with witches or as a new supernatural type (Elementalists). That would be really fun.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    Witches looks like a perfect candidate after werewolves (Which is often be related to vampire since they are famous as their rival).

But yes, I'd like to see them in game with detailed abilities. The person who said Harry Potter is a garbage clearly doesn't even read it :P , I think it has a great concept. Put that person aside, I think MMO-ish magic with element and all might be a good idea too.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I have never really been much to have supernaturals in my game but I have always loved witches and magic in my game. I LOVED Magic Town in TS1and would love to see it return someday!!! For the love of all things please there not be zombies that destroy your gardens ever again!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • bionicdessertsbionicdesserts Posts: 320 Member
    Witches! :'(
    25he2jl.jpg
    Give it to me, ea.
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    I already play witches by dressing them as a witch, but having witch accessories and abilities would be nice. I want Lycanthropes and in The Sims 4 - not one of the others.
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Witches and mermaids. Definitely Witches first.
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    For the love of all things please there not be zombies that destroy your gardens ever again!!!

I hate tomato eating zombies. Now maybe if they ate your pets...(kidding, I'm kidding..please don't flame me...)
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I still would love to see: plantsims, mermaids, werewolves, witches ( maybe fairies too)
    All of these should be in the game one way or another.
    But at the top of my list is probably werewolves. Just to match the whole vamp thing. Maybe even add the possibility of creating vampire and werewolf wars. Or creating vamp/werewolf hybrids.
    I do hope they keep the same mechanism as for the vamps. Because I think it's genius.
  • isthisdavidisthisdavid Posts: 22 Member
    I loved the Sims 3 Supernatural expansion. I'd love to see faeries, witches, and werewolves back.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Witches, witches, WITCHES, Wizards, and Fairies.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Witches!

Or werewolves. I would be thrilled with either. <3
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I really want Fairies:)) and I would love if they could expand the Fairies game. Where they could make them really small but you could see all the details instead of being normal size with the exception if they could do it like vampires, were every time you gain a power you gain a weakness. Like if you choose to be a fairy Godmother you could get big. I would love if they made them be able to be good or bad. To be a light or dark fairy. To be able to grant wishes and help animals and plants, and even help children. Like they could play in the kids dollhouse with them and kids could set out and make a fairy garden for there fairy friends. They could put little fairy doors on their walls were their fairy friends could magically visit. For a fairy gathering or play date with the kids. They could make little tables for kids to play tea with their fairies. Plus I think it would be really cool if they could actually design their own fairy home inside and out, and you could actually go and play like a real house you made for your sims. It would be cool like instead of a vampire hunter, you could have the game play to catch a fairy, and a fairy skill you could gain could be escaping, and blending in. There could be different fairy jobs you could apply. and maybe some fairies could be good at tinkering and have a skill of fixing things for sims. It would be could if they added a new world for them or even just expanded Sylvan Glade for fairies to be able to live there, I would be so happy if for any of the supernaturals :))))
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Werewolves ! As pets are for soon, I really hope we get werewolves with them.
  • CroxycookCroxycook Posts: 239 Member
    As much as I love all supernaturals, I miss ghosts with the ability to try for baby the most. I NEED TO SEE LITTLE GHOST TODDLERS!
  • NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    Witches! Though I wish we could get plant sims too... maybe they will come with a farm ep if that is on the table.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Witches! :)
    21mbz47.jpg