Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which supernatural do you want to see next?

Comments

• Options
    PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    Definitely witches, I always make my main sim a warlock. Hopefully they'll give us plenty of spells to cast too.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes Witches for sure and maybe even a Grand Wizard would be fun - have him come in with dragons maybe. I'd love Fairies and Elves too.

Hogwarts would be so cool! - this is an afterthought on my part - but I would love it. Make young wizards be able to build their powers and skill via Hogwarts otherwise they would have to wait until an older age to show they were a Wizard or even witches.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Yes Witches for sure and maybe even a Grand Wizard would be fun - have him come in with dragons maybe. I'd love Fairies and Elves too.

Hogwarts would be so cool! - this is an afterthought on my part - but I would love it. Make young wizards be able to build their powers and skill via Hogwarts otherwise they would have to wait until an older age to show they were a Wizard or even witches.

Squeeeeee!:)
    I would so much love Hogwarts)
    I think we could make it ourselves if we got schools EP and witches GP:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

Squeeeeee!:)
    I would so much love Hogwarts)
    I think we could make it ourselves if we got schools EP and witches GP:)
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Witches of course!

I also would love Plantsims, Fairies, and Mermaids.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Witches. I think the devs could make them really interesting, judging by TS4 Vampires.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited February 2017
    EDIT: ignore this- I accidentaly posted my comment twice.
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    edited February 2017
    If Witches were to make an appearance again, no matter how they are I wan't them to naturally be able to augment to any occult (Like The Sims 2 Witches, though I never played Sims 2 because I bought all of my Sims games from origin, and the Sims 2 wasn't available there, though I hear that you could become a witch no matter the occult, like any occult could become a ghost). And if Werewolves come back, then I definitely would wan't them to have Far more Animal Features then Human Features (like an Animal that walks on Its Hind Legs, but have Opposable Thumbs as well), though one thing I would definitively would love to have would be the ability to have different animal forms (like WereCat/Tiger/Lion, WereRat, WereLizard, wereDragon, or even a WereGodzilla [I would love EA for this alone, I like to have my SimSelf be a Werewolf, though I would prefer to have him/me be more Reptilian {I did make my Sims 3 SimSelf a WereDragon, but in a later version of me I found out that the special outfit didn't transfer to all clothing Types, I had him take a shower and he changed into his nude outfit, but without the specialized CAS parts that made him a Werewolf, FWI I used NRASS Mods to make him look like that}]).
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I enjoy harry potter but id be against this idea. I didnt like when vamps in sims 3 were inspired hy Twilight, and i didnt like katy perry inspired stuff etc.

Hogwarts is just too specific for me and not much of a sandbox. I just really wouldnt like it as id be forced to tell the same story of a wizard going to school everytime to learn powers.

In my stories witchcraft is learned by their parents and the family book of shadows like in actual paganism.

Im not against a magic school, just a hogwarts school. I wouldnt mind some harry potter references here and there, i just feel like a hogwarts pack is too specific to tell multiple different stories though, there could even be legal issues.

However im always open to change my mind, i Didnt like vampires having multiple forms at first but i love it now.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    Witches and fairies.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I enjoy harry potter but id be against this idea. I didnt like when vamps in sims 3 were inspired hy Twilight, and i didnt like katy perry inspired stuff etc.

Hogwarts is just too specific for me and not much of a sandbox. I just really wouldnt like it as id be forced to tell the same story of a wizard going to school everytime to learn powers.

In my stories witchcraft is learned by their parents and the family book of shadows like in actual paganism.

Im not against a magic school, just a hogwarts school. I wouldnt mind some harry potter references here and there, i just feel like a hogwarts pack is too specific to tell multiple different stories though, there could even be legal issues.

However im always open to change my mind, i Didnt like vampires having multiple forms at first but i love it now.

First of all the sims series has always been inspired by other things - every one of them featured multiple stars - among other things. Your sims would not be obligated to go to the school any more then the sims were obligated to go to college - it just gives an option to simmers who would like this to play their way as well. So what is the problem. As for there being legal issues - how would that be when EA already owns the right to publish the Harry Potter games - so they own those rights already. A publisher does not have to specify how they use rights once they have bought them they are free to use them forever as long as they stay within the perimeters of their agreement and A sims Hogwarts would be very much in those same perimeters. So not an legal issue that I can see. Not an issue for you that I can see as you can still play your way and us who have been asking for Harry Potter since Sims 2 could finally get our wish instead of having to go with modded stuff yet again.

One thing the Sims always will do is let people play their way - as much as possible. I would like the choice to play both ways - but fact is we always get the way you describe I was thinking of how about raising the bar this go round after all we been asking over 10 years now. That's all.

No disrespect on your play style - I do want you to play the way you enjoy of course - no question about it if you enjoy the same way of playing all the time - that is fine to me - I can support that as well as desire a new twist many of us has asked for - for a long time. There was even a survey back a while ago here on Sims 4 on a Magic School like hogwarts and many of us were thrilled - I would just like to see it happen - finally.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    alifesizeddollalifesizeddoll Posts: 55 Member
    If Witches were to make an appearance again, no matter how they are I wan't them to naturally be able to augment to any occult (Like The Sims 2 Witches, though I never played Sims 2 because I bought all of my Sims games from origin, and the Sims 2 wasn't available there, though I hear that you could become a witch no matter the occult, like any occult could become a ghost). And if Werewolves come back, then I definitely would wan't them to have Far more Animal Features then Human Features (like an Animal that walks on Its Hind Legs, but have Opposable Thumbs as well), though one thing I would definitively would love to have would be the ability to have different animal forms (like WereCat/Tiger/Lion, WereRat, WereLizard, wereDragon, or even a WereGodzilla [I would love EA for this alone, I like to have my SimSelf be a Werewolf, though I would prefer to have him/me be more Reptilian {I did make my Sims 3 SimSelf a WereDragon, but in a later version of me I found out that the special outfit didn't transfer to all clothing Types, I had him take a shower and he changed into his nude outfit, but without the specialized CAS parts that made him a Werewolf, FWI I used NRASS Mods to make him look like that}]).

I never played Sims2 except at friends' houses, so I'm not sure what you're referring to there,
    but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of Were-animals. Instead of just a werewolf, having a few species as options would be great.
    (again, along the same lines of having multiple kinds of vampire, and my personal hope of multiple kinds of witch next) ♥
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

Gallery: alifesizeddoll
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Almost everyone wants witches and I'm positive they're gonna come out next, so I'm gonna say mermaids. Vampires, witches, and mermaids are the supernaturals I'm most interested in, although I wouldn't mind seeing werewolves and fairies return as well.
  • Options
    mika wrote: »
    Almost everyone wants witches and I'm positive they're gonna come out next, so I'm gonna say mermaids. Vampires, witches, and mermaids are the supernaturals I'm most interested in, although I wouldn't mind seeing werewolves and fairies return as well.

Agree - they are all fun in their own right and after seeing what the Team did with Vampires - I can jusr drool thinking of all the other Supernaturals in Sims 4 with that much thought put into them. I am having a wonderful time now with Sims 4 between the Vamps and the toddlers - and couldn't stand it before they arrived - so now I am really eager to see the next in the line of supernaturals and occults.

So really agree - and look forward now to future packs.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

First of all the sims series has always been inspired by other things - every one of them featured multiple stars - among other things. Your sims would not be obligated to go to the school any more then the sims were obligated to go to college - it just gives an option to simmers who would like this to play their way as well. So what is the problem. As for there being legal issues - how would that be when EA already owns the right to publish the Harry Potter games - so they own those rights already. A publisher does not have to specify how they use rights once they have bought them they are free to use them forever as long as they stay within the perimeters of their agreement and A sims Hogwarts would be very much in those same perimeters. So not an legal issue that I can see. Not an issue for you that I can see as you can still play your way and us who have been asking for Harry Potter since Sims 2 could finally get our wish instead of having to go with modded stuff yet again.

One thing the Sims always will do is let people play their way - as much as possible. I would like the choice to play both ways - but fact is we always get the way you describe I was thinking of how about raising the bar this go round after all we been asking over 10 years now. That's all.

No disrespect on your play style - I do want you to play the way you enjoy of course - no question about it if you enjoy the same way of playing all the time - that is fine to me - I can support that as well as desire a new twist many of us has asked for - for a long time. There was even a survey back a while ago here on Sims 4 on a Magic School like hogwarts and many of us were thrilled - I would just like to see it happen - finally.

Maybe you misunderstood me or I wasnt clear, Im not against a Magic School, Im against a hogwarts pack. I wouldnt have any fun if everything was literally just hogwarts and harry pottered theme.

Id probably have fun with a magic school pack, as long it was optional and not all my witches would have to go.

For example, having a literal magic school called Hogwarts and then Hufflepuff and such houses, which actual characters named Hermiome and a head master named Dumbledore would bore me.

But if it was Generic magic school, maybe called Boar Pimples, a pun on hog warts, with generic houses, and characters inspired from Harry potter then id be fine with it.

To sum up, im fine with harry potter inspired, but i dont want a direct copy and paste.

Out of curioisity though, the sims owns rights to harry potter?
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I would like to see the campy 60's Batman and Robin roll up in the campy 60's Batmobile to come fix my fridge.
    Batman fixes the fridge while Robin stands next to him looking around slaming his fists into his hands. B)
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Maybe you misunderstood me or I wasnt clear, Im not against a Magic School, Im against a hogwarts pack. I wouldnt have any fun if everything was literally just hogwarts and harry pottered theme.

Id probably have fun with a magic school pack, as long it was optional and not all my witches would have to go.

For example, having a literal magic school called Hogwarts and then Hufflepuff and such houses, which actual characters named Hermiome and a head master named Dumbledore would bore me.

But if it was Generic magic school, maybe called Boar Pimples, a pun on hog warts, with generic houses, and characters inspired from Harry potter then id be fine with it.

To sum up, im fine with harry potter inspired, but i dont want a direct copy and paste.

Out of curioisity though, the sims owns rights to harry potter?

No - EA owns the rights to use and make HP games - they made all the HP games as each movie came out - which means they had to buy those rights - so they already own them and finished all their HP games. Maxis is owned by EA so Maxis could make use of those rights as well as long as they stay within the contract agreement EA has.

I am sure if the Sims did cover Harry Potter it would not at all be just like Harry Potter was seeing that has been done already - if anything they could loosely base a pack on the school for use in the game - is all I was talking about. There is no way all that went on in the movie would even be in a Sims game - for sure - but I was just talking about the School of magic they mentioned in one of the surveys that really sounded a lot like Hogwarts. As with all Sims thing I am fairly certain they would not be the same name or anything else and that it would be optional - as most things are fairly optional - most of the time anyway.

That is good you would not hate that idea then - and I am all for people having play styles they love, for sure - and being able to always enjoy playing their fave ways. I know I was miserable all this time with out the little toddlers and now I am quite happy - so I know how it is if ones play style just doesn't exist - it rots. But anyway - thanks for explaining what you meant.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    A magic school would be so awesome <3 But I agree it has to be only loosely based on HP, not cause I would mind (I love HP lol), but I know some people don't want witches that are too harry pottiry, so for them, I guess it'd be nice if it was different enough :) But magic school aaaall the way <3
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    I would like to see the campy 60's Batman and Robin roll up in the campy 60's Batmobile to come fix my fridge.
    Batman fixes the fridge while Robin stands next to him looking around slaming his fists into his hands. B)

LOL. I'd be cracking up. Yeah I saw in one of those survey about the super heroes and kept wondering how they'd do some of them - Superman can't fly - Batmans Batmobile can't run - Aquaman can't swim in the oceans or call forth the sea creatures to aide him - Spiderman can't swing on webs from the building to get quickly from one place to the other - he'd run smack dab into a loading screen. LOL.

Yep some of the super heroes might have a tough time doing their things in Sims 4. LOL. Guess they'll all just have to teleport just like the regular - non-super Sims do. Actually they won't have much to do in the Sims - no criminals on the streets - anywhere.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    A magic school would be so awesome <3 But I agree it has to be only loosely based on HP, not cause I would mind (I love HP lol), but I know some people don't want witches that are too harry pottiry, so for them, I guess it'd be nice if it was different enough :) But magic school aaaall the way <3

The only thing I dislike about Harry Potter, correct me if Im wrong, is that female wizards are called witches. In actual witchcraft, Wizards and Witchs are completely different things. Males and females are actually both titled witchs.

I might be wrong, only seen 3 HP movies, always meant to watch more but they scared me as a kid (the scene with the troll in the bathroom)
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

The only thing I dislike about Harry Potter, correct me if Im wrong, is that female wizards are called witches. In actual witchcraft, Wizards and Witchs are completely different things. Males and females are actually both titled witchs.

I might be wrong, only seen 3 HP movies, always meant to watch more but they scared me as a kid (the scene with the troll in the bathroom)

It depends what you mean by "actual witchcraft", since Harry Potter is based off various folklore and historical ideas about witchcraft, and not modern-day Wicca or neo-paganism, which have their own terminology that isn't always the same as historical terminology. Throughout history the word "witch" is sometimes only applied to females, and sometimes applied to both male and female, so Harry Potter just went with one of many different strands of tradition, and Wicca went with another.

I hadn't been sure how to answer the main question of this thread, but after reading everyone's responses, I really want witches now! :smiley: I really like the idea someone mentioned earlier of having lots of different kinds of witches. Hippie witches and more traditional witches would be so much fun to play around with - I could make the three Weird Sisters from the Discworld books! :lol:
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Terra wrote: »

It depends what you mean by "actual witchcraft", since Harry Potter is based off various folklore and historical ideas about witchcraft, and not modern-day Wicca or neo-paganism, which have their own terminology that isn't always the same as historical terminology. Throughout history the word "witch" is sometimes only applied to females, and sometimes applied to both male and female, so Harry Potter just went with one of many different strands of tradition, and Wicca went with another.

I hadn't been sure how to answer the main question of this thread, but after reading everyone's responses, I really want witches now! :smiley: I really like the idea someone mentioned earlier of having lots of different kinds of witches. Hippie witches and more traditional witches would be so much fun to play around with - I could make the three Weird Sisters from the Discworld books! :lol:

This :D Also, HP is just as much about the fight of good / evil and the impact of totalitarian states as it is about witchcraft - which I don't think necessarily fits the "lore" either. That's the beauty of storytelling, you can give your own interpretation to things. It's not like there's any real "actual witchcraft" anyway, it's always been just stories. I like the way they represented witches / wizards in HP, and I would love a similar school & things to do in TS4. But again: the more options the better! :D
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It's time for an upgrade Witches! (Pun in tended)
    It's time Witches got an upgrade to Sorcerers.
    Yes change the name from "Witch" to "Sorcerer" and a far more powerful spell caster.

As much as I want Sorcerers, I can't help but to think Werewolves is next. which next to Sorcerers is a major want for me.
    Even though Werewolves are complete opposites from Vampires. they're probably the most easiest to do since they could really benefit from the strengths and weakness system. They Just need to patch in Lunar Cycles. but one of my main concerns is Wolfsbane... They put it in vampires... but what about Werewolves?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    witches and plantsims :D
  • Options

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=38123

I found this my best source and answers to all the magical beings that engage in spells etc to define their differences. As far as I can see no matter what the term - they can be male or female in most cases - but from my understanding a witch is someone who engages in using witchcraft - where as a Wizard is some one born with the ability to start with - as in the case of Harry Potter himself being born with being a magical being.

A Warlock can be male or female witch - but they engage in actual combat and are often considered evil or breaker of rules of the magic realm. Warlocks use blackmagic almost exclusively. Most of the magical beings actually shun Warlocks - as they never play by the rules.

In dreams - I LIVE!