Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suicidal Vampires are Driving Me Crazy

2...Next

Comments

• veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    Mostly the vampires in my neighbourhoods stay indoors but once in a while I witness an idiot vampire decides to visit community park during the day and they end up dying. Later I discovered this is happening because of GT pack's club gatherings. If a vampire is in a certain clubi and that club decides to gather at some time during the day the stupid vampire member will show up. (I'm talking about the random automatic gatherings you come across)
    Game should be aware of which vampire is fully sun resistant and which one isn't. So when there's an auto gathering it should exclude the sun sensitive vampire. On the other hand, if I invite a vampire sim who IS fully sun resistant during the day, then they should show up.

Also for the teen vampires, school is a huge problem. They should have added a special night school for vampires. Teen vampires have low experience and it's not easy to get them full sun resistance soon enough (unless you cheat) And of course I may want to prefer giving them "thin skinned" weakness trait as well. My fav. teen vampire has died because she didn't figure out that she should go inside asap when she returned home from school standing outside for no reason without me realizing while paying attention to other sims in the family. Now I'm waiting for her ghost to show up, ambrosia ready, she won't show up for some reason, I can't call forth ghost when I click her urn. (but that option is always available for non-vampire dead sims' urns) I can not summon her via cheat for some reason, She shouldn't have died in the first place! I played longer after she died thinking I could easily bring her back but I was wrong. Now I don't want to go back to the old save etc. Shortly it's a mess.

This whole vampire thing is lacking some fine tuning in terms of programming.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited August 2017
    I only have the issue with Teen Vampires who go to school and neat freak vampires who take out the trash that are extremely thinned skinned.

If you have your vampire's lore skills up high enough you can make the sunlight drink that keeps them from burning alive though, it doesn't last very long. If your not apposed to using mods in your game you can also get the Vampire Sun Potion which will last for a few hours.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I have a vampire with thin skin level 3, I think. It's pretty intense, I can't let him get out of my sight during the day. So taking care of normal vampires is pretty easy now. Unplayed vampires is a whole other deal though, I've had to give a lot of death flowers to the grim reaper to save their sorry skin, literally.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've been very lucky; in my game vamps without full sunlight immunity don't come out at all during the day; never seen any vulnerable ones in world until nighttime.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    Yes! One of my sims married Vlad and he would not stop taking the garbage outside in the middle of the day, in the sun, and then just standing there. One day I didn't even notice he was doing it again and he died! I wish they would automatically get themselves out of sunlight.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    All I can sugest is tried the daywalker vampire mod by twisted mexican
  • inochikageinochikage Posts: 19 Member
    I've only really had this issue with vampires in my household, and boy howdy have I had this issue with vampires in my household. Having a vampire with weakness to the sun all the way up is a complete death sentence because there is no programmed want to go and stay inside, and even with full energy, the vampire has mere seconds to live in the sun. I have seriously had a vampire with full energy die while leisurely walking to their house after work.

In the Sims 3, it would take over an hour for a vampire to even care about the fact they're in the sun, and once they did, and they were near a building, they would run inside.

This issue has gotten worse since installing pets. My vampires want to play with the pets outside and have zero care that they will die very quickly
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah my sims love to run accross lots in the sun even though she could just be a mist instead.
    Also when i attend parties vlad likes to dance in the sun. He could be burning up and cringing of discomfort and he'll still hang outside. But thats what we get for embracing plum programming and calling it "sim logic"
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • SanguiniRebornSanguiniReborn Posts: 26 Member
    I was at FutureSim Labs for work when my camera just zoomed off to one of the tourist as they turned into a vampire. They just stood there and burned and would have probably died if not for my work day ending. I understand your pain.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    edited February 2018
    Why not just put a game object in buy mode which is a umbrella, then it is used from the back pack when a umbrella is in the pack, as for the new turning vampires they will just have to burn when they are un played vampire
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I rarely see non-played vampires during a day. They also change some time ago that the vampires sleep during the day, when you call them, but will come during night. It works properly in my game. It's worse with currently played vampires. They don't really have the instinct of self-preservation ;) It happens that they decide to eat their Plasma Fruit Salad in the backyard etc. That's one of the reasons why I usually save my points for sunlight resistance power.