Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free SimPoints at The Sims 3 website?

I was looking on My Page in thesims3.com and noticed a link where it said Redeem FREE SimPoints. I clicked it, accepted it, and got 1000 SimPoints.

I think this link was for Simmers who had registered The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 World Adventures. The Sims 3 had included free SimPoints but I think it was removed when the game got a new cover (I have the first cover).

I have read somewhere that this is a glitch apparently.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    I have recevied those simpoints as well. But seems like is really only for WA and base game.
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    @WinMacSims3 It's not a glitch. I - as well as most other simmers who registered their game on the Store - have gotten at least 1000 sp from registering the base game. I believe you can get more "free" sp if you register certain SP/EP, but I'm not sure which ones as I don't own that many of those myself.
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    @LillaGrisen I'm aware that The Sims 3 and The Sims World Adventures included 1000 SimPoints. Originally The Sims 3 included the free SimPoints when it was released but they're not included in later editions like the Starter Pack. On the back of The Sims 3 case, it advertised the free SimPoints but that only appeared in the 2009 version; the 2011 revision doesn't advertise the SimPoints. World Adventures also advertises the free SimPoints but the later EPs doesn't mention anything about it. I don't know if later copies of World Adventures still advertise the SimPoints.

I think The Sims 3 website is still programmed to give you SimPoints if you register The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 World Adventures.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • EndUserEndUser Posts: 96 Member
    Ive received free points several times. Most recently when i had the "redeem Free simpoints" text on My Page, I rapid click/reloaded and got 5000 points. Before that I had logged in one day and picked up 2000 points. Initially I got 1000 points for registering each of several EP's but I cant remember which exactly.( I bought several in rapid succession).
  • EndUserEndUser Posts: 96 Member
    Ive received free points several times. Most recently when i had the "redeem Free simpoints" text on My Page, I rapid click/reloaded and got 5000 points. Before that I had logged in one day and picked up 2000 points. Initially I got 1000 points for registering each of several EP's but I cant remember which exactly.( I bought several in rapid succession).
  • marissauromarissauro Posts: 43 Member
    Hmm I have all EPs but I don't remember geting simpoints for all of them. Only base game and WA
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    For the CD version you were only supposed to get free points for base game and WA but it seems if you buy the digital versions you get 1000 points for each pack after WA as well. Happened to me when I bought a bunch of packs via Amazon [online code] including stuff packs.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    I was just able to claim the free 1,000 points 6 times. I now have 9,810 points...
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    For the CD version you were only supposed to get free points for base game and WA but it seems if you buy the digital versions you get 1000 points for each pack after WA as well. Happened to me when I bought a bunch of packs via Amazon [online code] including stuff packs.
    Thank you now I know what to get for my nieces this spring and summer.
    my nieces have Sims 3 starter pack and Sims 3 supernatural

d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    Oh wow. I hope this also happens to me when I get the other packs I want through origin haha
    I was just able to claim the free 1,000 points 6 times. I now have 9,810 points...
    How?

• lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    I just got 1000 points as well~ I wonder if it's because I was supposed to get them with WA but it was glitched when I tried to redeem the code that came with my disc (that's how long ago I bought the EP).
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • liontc530liontc530 Posts: 1 New Member
    i've watched the adv video on the website. as the website said, they should give me free simpoints. but it doesn't send me any simpoints even i watched it many times. does anyone can help me? thanks!
    liontc530 wrote: »
    i've watched the adv video on the website. as the website said, they should give me free simpoints. but it doesn't send me any simpoints even i watched it many times. does anyone can help me? thanks!
    Everyone having this problem we Simmers been having no simpoints add for over a week now hope this help you

• Jerry4Jerry4 Posts: 32 Member
    i bought a steam key for ambitions then i registered it on origin and it didnt let me register it on the sims 3 page so i linked my origin account and its showing that i have it when i look at my page but never got any points for it :/
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I just checked my page and there was the "free simpoints" box! I just got 1000 points! Can't believe this worked. Thanks!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • prinnyyyprinnyyy Posts: 1 New Member
    omg i was reading this thread cause i wanted the bistro one and i went back to the store website and saw i could reedeem more simpoints and i t gave me 1,000 more, I think its based on how many expansion packs you have
    prinnyyy wrote: »
    omg i was reading this thread cause i wanted the bistro one and i went back to the store website and saw i could reedeem more simpoints and i t gave me 1,000 more, I think its based on how many expansion packs you have
    Are you saying bonus videos for Simpoints back?

• geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited August 2018
    There used to be a button to watch adverts that rewarded you with a small amount of simpoints per day. You could watch them several times a day and mount up a decent number of simpoints to be able to purchase some items from the store. The button was removed sometime I think in or before 2016 as it was causing problems for some people where it didn't show up for them at all. EA said they were gonna fix it but I think everyone who was waiting gave up on the idea of it ever coming back.
    There used to be a button to watch adverts that rewarded you with a small amount of simpoints per day. You could watch them several times a day and mount up a decent number of simpoints to be able to purchase some items from the store. The button was removed sometime I think in or before 2016 as it was causing problems for some people where it didn't show up for them at all. EA said they were gonna fix it but I think everyone who was waiting gave up on the idea of it ever coming back.

EA lied to us it been two year the bonus video for free Simspoints are gone for good
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    marissauro wrote: »
    Hmm I have all EPs but I don't remember geting simpoints for all of them. Only base game and WA

Yep those were the only ones they advertized to get the free 1000 points. I had heard a few years back a glitch in the system gave more 1000 points out and many heard we were going to have to give them back or pay for the others - but as far as I know - no one was ever charged. I only recieved the base game and WA free points - so I really don't know how all the rest worked out.

That was a long time ago. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....