Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a thought about other Supernatural types

Okay so, I've been thinking how we'll get other Supernatural types when the Vampires GP are centered around Vampires. It's cool that they centered a whole pack for the Supernatural type but I'm not really a fan of Vampires (but I love Supernaturals though). So what about Werewolves? Fairies? Witches and Wizards?

So I've been thinking this: Werewolves can appear on a Pets EP since a pets pack are focused on animals. Witches and Wizards can appear on a Makin' Magic EP (which I think should be done because *cough* Harry Potter Fans *cough*) but what about Fairies? Idk. They can appear on Makin' Magic too unless they create a Disney pack. THE SIMS 4 TINKER BELL

But I wouldn't hope that Werewolves as well as Fairies are fully fleshed like Aliens are in GTW if they are included as a sub-feature of a pack. But I would really love to have a pack like Makin' Magic that is centered on Witches and Wizards because *cough* Harry Potter *cough*.
Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Comments

• Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Yeah I agree! I'm all for more supernaturals now that I've seen how well vampires were made. I really feel that Makin' Magic was the best in terms of spells and the whole ambience. I loved the spells that made objects come to life, turn pets into sims, etc. I remember being disappointed with the sims 3 spells for witches :( hope that in sims 4 they do more than just change emotions and command sims to do stuff.

Speaking of supernaturals, I really hope ghosts get an update eventually!!! They feel so half baked now! I hate how they're basically normal sims who float and that your sims keep getting calls from other sims that already died! The other day my sim had her baby at the hospital and the doctor was a ghost! Talk about immersion breaking :neutral:
  • millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    I'd hate it if Werewolves were part of a Pets pack, I want them separately like vampires.
    moss

• AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    While I think a making magic and disney type pack for sorcerers/witches/wizards and fairies sounds great (but not quite exactly those things because copy right and whatever else), I don't agree with the werewolves thing. I do think however if you go back to the "original" sort of origins of werewolves there could be plenty of inspiration to have it be it's own thing as well. Maybe another game pack? (since we're entertaining the serperate games thing rather than an expansion for the remaining ones) Anyways the nords had groups with werewolf like rituals (think vikings though not the cliched myth you likely think of more skyrim type thing because nord warriors were vikings and such not those weird helmet wearing ones we often see in cartoons) Anyways you could probably look it up for a more in-depth explanation, but some nords would wear wolf pelts and had these adrenaline sort of rushes or whatever were they'd go to battle wearing those wolf pelts and fight in an adrenaline filled state of fury and villagers or whatever would mistake them for wolf and man hybrids that turned into myths about werewolves. I'm probably butchering this story and telling it poorly, but in my defense it's my husband with the ancesteral lineage to the swedes and other nordic stuff not me. Anyways, there would likely be more mythological sort of fantasy elements to the werewolf in the sims version not just men wearing wolf pelts, but my point is that there is plenty of stuff to go off of out there to make the werewolves awesome. My personal favorite has always been the mischeivious fairies/fae/etc. There are many types of them with different names and such in old lore and I always played the fairy in the previous generations that included the fairies so I'd be disappointed if they weren't included. Anyways if they wanted to a non-copyrighted fairy thing seperate from the rest they could do medieval style pack with tiaras and such like the mobile sims medieval game they had. It would kind of work with fairies since a lot of the lore talking about fairies took place in less modern times (even some of the stories written now adays take place in that time period at times).
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Imagine werewolves made with 25 powers and some weaknesses like vampires... special howls, wolf and dire wolf forms, silver allergies, sense occult powers (to find out if someone is a supernatural type or not), ability to hunt better metals/crystals, maybe improved fishing, summon ghost/ancestor... meat only could be another weakness.

I think they could be pretty awesome!
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    The howls could be things like intimidate nearby sims, inspire, basically manipulate emotions. Maybe there could be an alpha call that summons nearby werewolves

And then some kind of meditate with nature to regain powers...
  • GirlSimmer29GirlSimmer29 Posts: 52 Member
    I'd have loved for them to add more supernatural types in the game pack, instead of just one type. I'm particularly hoping for fairies and wolves, I think they'd be a brilliant addition. Hopefully though, they don't release them in individual packs and I think not many people will buy them :)
    I don't have a signature. Oh wait...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't want occults shoved into an EP like werewolves in pets for example. If they do that, then that means less room for pets and less room for werewolves. Let pets just be pets and have nothing but pets in it. Let werewolves be nothing but werewolves, too. IMO, witches, werewolves and maybe fairies (or elves, pixies, etc.) could each have their own GP. But other, lesser occults like plantsims, mermaids, genies, etc. could all come in one EP as a group because they do not have as much lore to back them up. I am totally against doubling up in an EP because both suffer from a lack of space to expand.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    I don't know how new it is but my sims keep getting a thought bubble with a top hat and Harry Potter style wand in it.

I guess that's the route they'll probably take.

--T
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    I've been relatively nonplussed by the whole idea of a single lifestate being the focus of an entire GP.
    Mainly becasue I know a lot of fans have wanted this kind of thing.

Moving forward however I just want to say for the record that I'm not entirely comforatble with the notion that this pack has seemed to raise expectations for more dedictaed lifestate content to follow.

There are way too many other themes out there I would like to see them explore in lieu of tying up development time to highlight Supernaturals one at a time.
    I imagine they will go with what ever packs will bring in the most revenue first. With the success of vampires, I think other occults will follow quickly (at least I hope).
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I imagine they will go with what ever packs will bring in the most revenue first. With the success of vampires, I think other occults will follow quickly (at least I hope).

I hope so too - although I'd be happy with an EP including all the others rather than GPs for each. Reason being, in TS3 Vamps were introduced separately anyway with Late Night and then the others came along later and that was fine. What I WOULD like is the reintroduction of the vampire lounges/exclusive venues and the ability to change outfit choices depending upon lot type. And more STUFF and hair. Just... more stuff.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I don't really like werewolves, but the best place they'd fit if we get a makin' magic pack for witches / wizards / possibly fairies, would've been the vampire GP .. no? Idk :) I don't really think they will get their own pack though buuut what do I know :)
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I don't really like werewolves, but the best place they'd fit if we get a makin' magic pack for witches / wizards / possibly fairies, would've been the vampire GP .. no? Idk :) I don't really think they will get their own pack though buuut what do I know :)

Same - much prefer witches to werewolves. I am dreading it going down the Harry Potter path though. Makin' Magic was, imo, the best incarnation we ever had of the supernatural world...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
    edited February 2017
    ExxCee wrote: »

Same - much prefer witches to werewolves. I am dreading it going down the Harry Potter path though. Makin' Magic was, imo, the best incarnation we ever had of the supernatural world...

Yeah one can only hope they do what they did with vampires and give us options and tools to create different kinds of witches. And ranks, and a real magic skill tree <3
  • evagonblaevagonbla Posts: 14 New Member
    As for me, wizards and fairies are a must. Other supernaturals will be welcome.
  • simplymissmosimplymissmo Posts: 4 New Member
    Witches are at the top of my want list too. Exploring FH makes me feel like there are hints scattered around as to future Supernaturals. The werewolf Shrine by the fishing spot, the robed lady Shrine by the spooky tree, etc. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it just seems like forgotten Hollow could easily be the gateway to other Supernatural neighborhoods in the future.
    On the off-chance of seeming a little too excited about what's probably me being delusional, I will also share this here lol :D
    Remember when the SimGurus said something about the grave on the little island in the water being an Easter egg?

This is probably going to sound totally ridiculous, and I'm sorry if someone else already mentioned it, but have you noticed that it's as if there's a statue for every supernatural (or at least for a couple of the most wanted ones)?

There's obviously Vlad, a werewolf & a fairy. So what if the other two are a witch and what's supposed to be a mermaid (because water, even if it's technically the same statue as the "witch"?) :) And what if that's the Easter egg?

Am I crazy?

02-02-17_10-20-09nbspPM_zps2yvd47wp.png
    02-02-17_10-17-13nbspPM_zpsh1um7auj.png
    02-02-17_10-16-25nbspPM_zps2aga0bp5.png
    02-02-17_10-14-36nbspPM_zps6uj3dsca.png
    02-02-17_10-16-52nbspPM_zpsf6bguidr.png

• simplymissmosimplymissmo Posts: 4 New Member
    I agree @SimTrippy, that's pretty much exactly what I think is going on.
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    It's they're fault that they made a Vampires-focused pack and left the other Supernatural types. It's frustrating esp for supernatural fans.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• PoppenPoppen Posts: 85 Member
    aww @Keyenpeydee now you did it, all I can think about is a Harry Potter inspired expansionpack. Kids going away to a magical boarding School in a new World looking a bit like the Scottish highlands.
    You play that kid growing up, learning magic, potions, enchanting or cursing objects. Making freinds and enemies, using the clubsystem to make sure there would be epic magic battles.
    Returning to the "real" world, trying to blend in and not causing to much havoc in the muggle or non wizard World.
    Having new pets like owls, also maybe even perhaps introducing dragons and unicorns :#

I want it so badly, and im not even that much of a Harry Potter fan. It would just be so much fun.
  • TsukikoShinimiTsukikoShinimi Posts: 14 New Member
    You know ive seen this idea a lot and im not sure it's useful at all. People are mentioning teen wolf based ideas and the specific idea I don't like is being able to dig your claws into another Sims neck to retrieve memories. Like what? More than likely the only memory you'll get is the sim plum himself once in school.

And Im hoping they'll make our werewolves more ferocious. I kinda want the werewolves to be like how they made vampires. As in vampires can duel and it looks cool. Werewolves should be able to duel. Vampires aspire to be grand master. Wolves would be alpha or something like that. Vampires can earn/learn abilities and weaknesses. So should werewolves. And so on. And im not really fond of the idea of werewolves turning into actual full wolves (unless its an option) because you're just turning your sim into a dog. And if you must turn into a full wolf I hope there's like some sort of CAS for your wolf. Same goes for the people who want the werewolves to look like a complete beast. It's cool and all but im pretty sure it'll be challenging for the sims to make because it's so new. So what I think will happen is everyone will look the same in that form. No uniqueness. I just want something in between. And I would want them to keep two things from the sims 3 supernatural. Glowing eyes in human form and running on all fours. And going back to the top, what I meant by ferocious is not just appearance but action. New actions/interactions that are maybe violent and wild.

An idea I had was with the wolf packs. It would be cool if packs had some sort of identity. Like you could go up to a Sim and learn their traits and all that plum but you could also learn what pack their apart of. You could join packs or you could offer other Sims to join yours. And there would be a type of trial to join packs. Some packs would require certain skill levels like agility or strength. Or just certain level wolves. And there could be rival packs. Like you could get in a fight with another werewolf and you become enemies. But if the sim is apart of a pack the pack members would hate you too. Imagine walking through town and suddenly you get jumped by some of those pack memebers. It would be interesting. It would be cool if packs could duel other packs too. Packs would fight to be the strongest. Even if you're not in a pack you could still fight others to assert dominance. I just want werewolves to be significantly different from normal Sims. All that could be a reason for your werewolf sim to workout more and level up. Even if you want a normal sim. You would need to be strong to defend yourself. I hope you can be a werewolf hunter too. So not only do you fear other werewolves but you fear the hunters.(and also if you have a lover in a pack you want to be in you could use your lover to join ;3) (but if you break up with your lover right after you get what you want you run the risk of your ex trying to get you banished)

And I see people want werewolves to be in the pets expansion pack.
    1. The pets pack is coming in November so that isn't a lot of time to work on our ideas and expectations.
    2. The pets pack is about pets. Their main focus would be on pets so there's the chance of them doing another rush job on werewolves.
    3. If werewolves would to be included with pets more than likely werewolves would be like in supernatural. Werewolves would be pets. You know, the ol' rubbing their belly and stuff.

I mean I would like for werewolves to be around other animals but the expansion packs should be seperated.

It would nice for werewolves (and werewolf hunters) to want to hide their secret. For it to be very important. So like a teen werewolf (not the show teen wolf) would have the risk of getting exposed during school or even outside of school. And the people who find out about their secret would treat them differently and the word would spread. Some people wouldn't care, some people react in a positive way and some negatively. And it doesn't have to be just teens. It could be the other ages. Like adults could be exposed at work. But if a close friend or relative finds out your secret somehow they would keep it and say "whoa, don't worry I won't tell nobody"

You know how when your sim is working or at school you have the option to "work hard" "slack off" and what not. Well there should be an option to act more wolf like. Which would benefit you by helping you level up or whatever but you get the risk of getting exposed. It would make sense because when you work hard you get promoted. When slack off you get in trouble.

And that's all I have

P.s. my cuss words were changed to 'plum'
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    > @simplymissmo said:
    > Witches are at the top of my want list too. Exploring FH makes me feel like there are hints scattered around as to future Supernaturals. The werewolf Shrine by the fishing spot, the robed lady Shrine by the spooky tree, etc. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it just seems like forgotten Hollow could easily be the gateway to other Supernatural neighborhoods in the future.

It does look like it was intended to be fitting for all kinds of supernaturals! I'm excited to see what neighborhoods come with the other ones. And if they'll have new plants to find and grow. Especially the witch one, that one will have loads of new things for recipes I bet.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2017
    I definitely want fairies and mermaids. I think Fairies should have their own GP, because there are all sorts of items and spells the fairies will have.

The mermaids...Hmmm... I wouldn't mind if they came together in an Island Paradise-like pack, but I am worried whether this Sims 4 team will do the EP justice (in terms of amount of content).

I didn't really enjoy the EPs for Sims 4 that much so far, so I am worried that the mermaids will get horrible or very minimum treatment in an EP. It seems the EPs can only hold so much in this sims game iteration.

So far, Sims 2 and Sims 3 EPs (and even Sims 1 EPs) feel like they have much more substance and more details than Sims 4 EPs did for me.

I want my mermaids to have a good amount of content and work put into them. Just like the Sims 4 teams did with the toddlers and vampires.

I really don't want more lackluster mermaids and fairies. I want both to be "well-done" (lol).
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,187 Member
    It's they're fault that they made a Vampires-focused pack and left the other Supernatural types. It's frustrating esp for supernatural fans.

The thing is vampires are verry populr , and have different things and versions in generall. There was no way of putting them as a sub pack.Withou scrificng a lot of stuff. The rest why wanted are less popular, and have less material .
    I think witches need their own GP because there is so much that needs to be done for witches and for magic in general. I would be fine if werewolves and fairies were combined into one GP. All the other lesser popular occults could be in one GP.