Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

French Romance is another SP using Event

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims FreePlay
I updated The Sims FreePlay and we got another Event and I'm going to guess it'll use Social Points (spoilers: yes it does) just like SimTown Market and the last three Events along with permanently missable content to boot.

The Event is exactly the same as the last Event (The Prince & The Pocket-Sized Princess) as they use SP instead of LP, have a time limit, and uses Resource objects. I don't know if FreePlay is getting criticized for having things the same because the game tends to have repeats such as with Professions (Police Officer, Filmmaker, and Medical Staff are exactly the same save for the Resources, layout, Sims, and Workstations).

FreePlay's frequent use of time limits (and missable items) is one reason I genuinely like The Sims 4 better than FreePlay as TS4 doesn't have time limits that block unlocks. Plus The Sims 4 doesn't repeat things with DLC and updates whereas FreePlay's updates tends to repeat things.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
Post edited by WinMacSims3 on

Comments

• bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    I kind of like the repeats, because it gives you a second chance to get the content you missed, however, if they didn't put a time on it, you could get it anyway. The times are not even realistic, even if you play 24/7 :(
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I kind of like the repeats, because it gives you a second chance to get the content you missed, however, if they didn't put a time on it, you could get it anyway. The times are not even realistic, even if you play 24/7 :(

Second chances are nice to get another chance at the items so players will get a second chance at Romance Island. What I'm trying to refer to by "repeats" is that FreePlay reused Tropical Romance Island mechanics in SimTown Health Spa, The Prince & The Pocket-Sized Princess, and France Romance. The 3 Events are pretty much the same as Romance Island except by having different prizes and resources. The Professions also got this problem as Filmmaker (Movie Studio) and Medical Staff are exactly like the Police Officer (Police) career.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited January 2017
    I updated The Sims FreePlay and we got another Event and I'm going to guess it'll use Social Points (spoilers: yes it does) just like SimTown Market and the last three Events along with permanently missable content to boot.

The Event is exactly the same as the last Event (The Prince & The Pocket-Sized Princess) as they use SP instead of LP, have a time limit, and uses Resource objects. I don't know if FreePlay is getting criticized for having things the same because the game tends to have repeats such as with Professions (Police Officer, Filmmaker, and Medical Staff are exactly the same save for the Resources, layout, Sims, and Workstations).

FreePlay's frequent use of time limits (and missable items) is one reason I genuinely like The Sims 4 better than FreePlay as TS4 doesn't have time limits that block unlocks. Plus The Sims 4 doesn't repeat things with DLC and updates whereas FreePlay's updates tends to repeat things.
    The two games are quite different. But if you don't mind to use hundreds of dollars on Freeplay too (like you do when you buy all those many expansions for the Sims 4) then you don't need to care about the time limits because you can just buy everything you need (like SPs, LPs and speed ups) ;)

Personally I wouldn't compare the two Sims games. But I prefer the Sims Freeplay because it suits my playing style much better. The reasons are:
    1. I was a PC gamer earlier. But even if I still was I most likely would play other PC games instead of the Sims 4 because TS4 takes too much time and for me is quite boring and without real challenges. It also mainly has SPs as expansions and I don't care about dead objects, clothes or hair - only about the gameplay.
    2. Now I usually only play different games on my iPad. Often while I watch TV at the same time and free MMO games like the Sims Freeplay are perfect to update when I need to do something active when my TV is a little boring or show adds (which usually makes me turn off its sound). I also like to switch between a few games and not play the same game all the time.
    3. Another advantage is that we can play the Sims Freeplay everywhere. Even in a bus or in bed if we wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep.

I don't care too much about the prices in the events because they are just dead objects. But I like to see if I can get them all and I almost always succeed :)
    Post edited by Erpe on