Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carnival game pack? anyone?

simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I am not sure what to list for gameplay/activities in carnival game pack if it would happen. But i know it will be a very enjoyable & thrilling game pack for TS4... What would you suggest? Write a list. :)

Comments

• papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Carousels!
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Wouldn't that be a party pack, tho ;)

Seriously though. Be nice to have a carnival. Being able to do a parade with sims all dressed up in crazy gear would be good fun, I reckon.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    No I think CL is a big Carnival in itself.....still waiting for pets.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    I would prefer a Generations GP o:)
    I feel like city living with the festivals is already some kind of carnival.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I myself prefer game packs that can be used throughout life, rather than single occurence events.
    edited January 2017
    Wouldn't that be a party pack, tho ;)

Only if they give children, toddlers and families the short end of the stick again.

With these packs there's usually far too much focus on new places to woohoo and not enough focus on families. We need more activities parents and their kids can do together.
  • simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    edited January 2017
    No.. not festivals. I meant games carnival like having fun rides, activities, clowns, face paint, photo booth, etc.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    The return of roller coasters would be pretty great.
    At the very least, ferris wheels.

And carnival games. The "shoot a water pistol into the clown's mouth to fill up a balloon" one, some kind of ball-toss, a strength tester would be amazing, whack-a-mole (we had whack-a-Will in TS1, maybe some kind of whack-a-Guru game? All in good fun, of course)...
    wJbomAo.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    simsilver wrote: »
    I am not sure what to list for gameplay/activities in carnival game pack if it would happen. But i know it will be a very enjoyable & thrilling game pack for TS4... What would you suggest? Write a list. :)

As long as we get rideable ferris wheels,roller coasters,carousels and bumper cars. I also want games like whack a mole,shoot ducks,test strength with hammer,dunking booths and kissing booths.

In addition carnival foods like cotton candy,funnel cakes,candy apples and corn dogs.

This might need an expansion dedicated to it.
    pinkish wrote: »

Not even close there are no amusement rides.
    pinkish wrote: »

CL festivals were trash. You literally just load a tiny lot and do everything you do at any other lot. Eat, play video games, drink juice. They are so boring and pointless.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    There was a thing you could get on TS3 which was like a combination of vintage glamour and a fairground theme... can't remember the exact details because I had to uninstall it when it crippled my game, but I remember thinking it was super cool... something like that would be great in TS4.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
    ExxCee wrote: »
    There was a thing you could get on TS3 which was like a combination of vintage glamour and a fairground theme... can't remember the exact details because I had to uninstall it when it crippled my game, but I remember thinking it was super cool... something like that would be great in TS4.

Your thinking of the carnival lot that came with Roaring Heights Gold.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member

That's the one!
    Origin ID: ExxCee

That's the one!
    Yes it was pretty awesome but it didn't attract hardly any sims. With TS4 that wouldn't be an issue. Also I'm hoping for a big circuis tent. There was another store amusement park that had one.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd like a carnival, with a carousel, a ferris wheel, a mini train for toddlers and children, a circus tent (even if it's just a rabbithole), acrobats/jugglers, magicians, vendors for carnival type food on sticks.

But I'd also like venitian carnival costumes and masks
    VeniceCarnivalDecadenzaThumb5_1.png
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • 2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Not necessarily a carnival pack, but it would be awesome to have a Family Fun pack with go-karts, a bungee-jump, an arcade, and putt-putt (miniature golf). Toddlers and child sims could have birthday parties at the arcade, while teen sims raced their friends in go-karts or take a daring leap from the bungee tower. And the entire family could enjoy a round of miniature golf.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Not so much the street-party kind of carnival (although I would much rather have seen something like that in CL, instead of the Romance Festival), but if you are thinking along the lines of Carnivale (more of a fairgound/sideshow kind of thing), then definitely yes, especially if there were old and creepy options alongside the 'straight' versions of items like the carousel, roller coaster and ferris wheel (like the rickety rides in Sims 1's Makin Magic). And I would like to see the usual sideshow and fairground attractions back again, like the conjuring table, stages for performing magic tricks, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 fortune teller, food stalls, kissing booths, whack-a-mole, etc.

But I would also hope to see some completely new ideas -- perhaps a creepy Hall of Mirrors, in which your sim could get lost for a while, or come out looking (temporarily) like a distorted version of themselves, a Tunnel of Love, which would temporarily mess with your sim's romantic relationships, and a Ghost Train which, if overused, could actually scare your sims to death and turn them into ghosts. EA could have a field day with the NPCs too: Think of bearded ladies, dancing midgets, clowns (both friendly and scary), jugglers, acrobats and stilt-walkers.

Yes, I think there would be more than enough to fill a Game Pack and I would certainly buy something like that if it was well done.
    I do agree a ghost train would be cool. I've already mentioned the idea about a Carnival Gamepack to SimGuruNinja on twitter.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    ** Thesims1 flashbacks of TragicClown's screams **
    errrr...
    jr73Y.gif

• SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    Yes! I want a carnival game pack and I'd love the skill to be Circus Performing:

Level One: Miming
    Level Two: Balloon Animals
    Level Three: Juggling
    Level Four: Uni-Cycling
    Level Five: Juggling while Uni-Cycling
    Level Six: Stilt Walking
    Level Seven: Juggling while Stilt Walking
    Level Eight: Tight Rope Walking with Umbrella (or slacklining, rope is not as tense/tight)
    Level Nine: Juggling while tight Rope Walking
    Level Ten: Tight Rope Walking Blindfolded While Juggling and Dancing!

The sims could buy a 'performance area' to put in their inventories, and then go anywhere in the world to work on their skill and earn some simoleans.

More about it here.

Though the statue busker that came with City Life was a nice little touch, I still think an entire skill would be much more fun and in depth for our own sims to work on/perform. They already have a 'watch performance' for club activities, and they could add "circus tricks" as another. We could build our own circus looking tent thingy for clubs. I built one when they added those clown outfits
    eb3WWHI.png
    ueRBiQx.png

And with the Game Pack, I'd love them to make the appropriate setting for such things as carnival rides etc, so at least a new neighbourhood with 5-8 lots ... maybe a beachfront setting?, though I'd also want the ability to put ferris wheels etc in any world. Perhaps we'll get a new venue type: FUN PARK.

Lots of ideas could be done for a Carnival type pack. I'd definitely buy it.
  • TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    Yes I would love carnival pack I'd probably make Roxanna Moxie if so
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2017
    The carnival I made in TS3 had:

* a roller coaster (store)
    * carousel (store)
    * a stage for circus acts and magic shows (Showtime)
    * a fortune teller's tent (with crystal ball from the store)
    * popcorn and candy floss stands (store)
    * apple bobbing (seasons)
    * side attractions (I liked the little side games from TS1 On Vacation a lot)
    * photo booths (LN and Seasons)
    * face painting (seasons)

I think I also used objects like the spring riders to make kids-rides.

So I guess it was a cross between a circus and a carnival. I used to make it pop up for one season only on an empty field, then it would vanish again like a travelling circus. If we got a GP or expansion like this it would be great if we could make our own festivals again, like we could in TS3 with the festival lot marker. And it'd be good if we got slightly different themed carnivals that fit in with different seasons. Maybe a spooky carnival/circus for fall? And one with hot spiced drinks in Winter. The spring one could have the fortune teller, a bit like the love guru I guess, but more like the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker from TS2 and we could buy love potions from her. And we could get a pickpocket character like the Unsavoury Charlatan again.

I also liked the circus areas of the world we got with TS1 Makin Magic. So maybe it could have a small world with a slightly spooky vibe? It could feel like Willow Creek's dodgy neighbour! So the travelling circus could have a slightly sinister vibe and the unsavoury charlatan would make sense. Then there could also be a romance theme with the fortune teller, a love tester, and maybe a dashing ring master or carnie? So a sense of romance and danger would make sense to me.

I liked the style of these sets, and I'd really love some tent pieces again because they were so handy!

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductListing.html?catalogId=10143&categoryId=&scategoryId=13661&pcategoryId=13816&ppcategoryId=13661

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:72712&section=Grid&section=Grid

And here are some of my random TS3 screenshots:

Screenshot-26-3.jpg

Screenshot-51-5.jpg.html

Screenshot-51-5.jpg.html

Screenshot-51-5.jpg.html

Screenshot-51-5.jpg.html

And here is an old post raving about the tent pieces and some of the different ways I used them:
    Ha ha! I just posted this pic on the other thread! :XD: It's my pop-up fall circus.

Screenshot-98-1.jpg

Screenshot-99-1.jpg

I've already done quite a bit with them but don't have too many pics. This was my 'test' build: adding a marquee to my churchyard. I've built a better one since but don't have pics.

Screenshot-64-7.jpg

Screenshot-66-4.jpg

I also have another pop-up tent in my world. This one appears in summer for the craft fair and farmer's market at the local garden centre:

Screenshot-63-2.jpg

Screenshot-62-1.jpg

Screenshot-64-2.jpg

Screenshot-65-1.jpg

Sorry, those pics are a bit bright. Still working on the lighting.

I'm so pleased we have these tent pieces! they are an instant favourite! Super handy!!! :D

edit: hmmm... having trouble getting some of the images to show. *sad face*
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Oh man yes !!! I would stuff like the World of Wonder and maybe a theme park like in Roaring Heights kinda
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif