Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Line of the Last [February 4, 2020]

Comments

• Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    @LadyLobster nah, I wouldn't say that's a spoiler! Maat is aware, though her understanding is fairly rudimentary.
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited April 2017
    Okay, I haven't caught up yet (not even nearly), but I must say I love those screenshots at the end when you're showing the funny moments of your gameplay. And the humor with which you write your story. It's quite easy to read this way and definitely something special ^^
    Edit: I'm falling in love with that fish tank... Must get one too for all those goodlooking men to gather there. ^^ Then I can lock them up with "my" slave and multiplicate them that way. Much cheaper (and more fun) than actually buying them
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    @MrsRacooney Right?! I have the best time reading her chapters because they make me laugh till it hurts! :mrgreen:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney @Haids5987 Aw you guise! /hugs
    Fishtanks are glorious things! And the immortal fish are awesome...I always killed my TS3 ones on accident! :lol:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @ WagonFruit Ooops. Good I don't own Sims 3. My fish would probably suffer the same fate even though I love them! *cries only because of the thought *
    Keep reading tomorrow. One must portion that huge amount of humor ^^
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Good morn to ye forum peoples; I hope you saved some BBQ sauce from last time, cuz there's more connective tissue coming your way!

Last chapter...

OCPj8dH.png

Pili hit a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wall because garlic; so no 'atta boys (or manly banter while homeward bound).

Jahi had Maat conflictions in his pants loincloth, but tried to not have them (that counts for something, right?); also bab incoming (but don't tell Kenza).

Raet tried to be sneaky about staring so she could have wistful inner monologue time re: hot woodworker guy, but it turned out to be more like awkward hide and go seek time, because Octavia (and her leet matchmaking skills).

Onward!
    Post edited by WagonFruit on
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Eeeee chapter! <3<3 Tasty connective tissue, even without BBQ sauce!
    Antonia was clearly the star of this chapter, and I'm not saying that because I'm biased. She had all the best lines ("these plums be crazy" is right) and all the best faces. Clearly you're planning to turn her into a little girl assassin like Arya in GoT, and she will kill errybody. I approve.

Awww, and now we come to the source of Kenza's resentment toward Jahi. I really enjoyed reading things from her perspective and I feel for her, even if she kidnapped Jahi. To be stuck in a society where she's expected to bear many daughters--and to want no part in one half of that equation--must be difficult, too. And what would Maat say if she tried to bring it up? Will she try to bring it up? Either way, it'll be rough on her. But she SHOULD'VE left Jahi in that plum pyramid, plum it.

PILI EATING GARLIC AAAA. Sort of like building up an immunity to a poison? I wonder if he can do it in time to save Jahi...

"Plum I will." Antonia is one smart, sassy cookie. >:)

<3<3<3 Not a boring chapter at all, you silly froot.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Nicely played here Froots!!! All the strings pulling together!
    So Antonia is with Maat and all the more traditional Amazons yes? I like her plucky attitude and while she really does have it mostly right. Some times adults don't want to talk about things with kids because they are embarrassed or think it's not time for the kids to know yet but she really does have a good handle on adult behavior!

Kenza swooning over the Queen, hmmm very interesting I thought maybe she was just a man hater but wanting Maat as well as hating men that is certainly an interesting development!

Pili!! I have faith. You can do it!!! As LL said though, hope it doesn't take too long to build the immunity!

*hearts all around*
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    Eeeee chapter! <3<3 Tasty connective tissue, even without BBQ sauce!
    Antonia was clearly the star of this chapter, and I'm not saying that because I'm biased. She had all the best lines ("these plums be crazy" is right) and all the best faces. Clearly you're planning to turn her into a little girl assassin like Arya in GoT, and she will kill errybody. I approve.

Awww, and now we come to the source of Kenza's resentment toward Jahi. I really enjoyed reading things from her perspective and I feel for her, even if she kidnapped Jahi. To be stuck in a society where she's expected to bear many daughters--and to want no part in one half of that equation--must be difficult, too. And what would Maat say if she tried to bring it up? Will she try to bring it up? Either way, it'll be rough on her. But she SHOULD'VE left Jahi in that plum pyramid, plum it.

PILI EATING GARLIC AAAA. Sort of like building up an immunity to a poison? I wonder if he can do it in time to save Jahi...

"Plum I will." Antonia is one smart, sassy cookie. >:)

<3<3<3 Not a boring chapter at all, you silly froot.

*wraps you up in connective tissue and slathers in BBQ sauce*
    Nom.
    Oh yeah, totally; Antonia was definitely the star! I wonder who would be on her "list of names"?

Kenza! She's so deeply entrenched in the rules of her society, even at the expense of her own happiness and well being; I'm sure she considers the requirement of suffering men to bear daughters an act of contrition to the Goddess, but it's a hard thing to watch from our modern perspective!
    I suspect Maat's reaction to Kenza's regard will depend greatly on how the Warden handles herself in the chapters to come!

LOL, yup! And Tem (who eats a bulb of garlic a day as previously mentioned) is the perfect mentor for building up one's garlic immunity!
    *cue Rocky theme music*
    Eh, a necessary chapter, I felt, but I tend to pout about the non steamy ones!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    I know I give you a hard time whenever you don't post a steamy one, but I'm totally kidding. I love all your chapters! <3 Especially the meaty, emotional ones, and the just plain funny ones--though it's more often a balance of both! ...No, not that kind of meaty.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    cshaner wrote: »
    Nicely played here Froots!!! All the strings pulling together!
    So Antonia is with Maat and all the more traditional Amazons yes? I like her plucky attitude and while she really does have it mostly right. Some times adults don't want to talk about things with kids because they are embarrassed or think it's not time for the kids to know yet but she really does have a good handle on adult behavior!

Kenza swooning over the Queen, hmmm very interesting I thought maybe she was just a man hater but wanting Maat as well as hating men that is certainly an interesting development!

Pili!! I have faith. You can do it!!! As LL said though, hope it doesn't take too long to build the immunity!

*hearts all around*

Aw snap, nearly missed this (I think we posted at near same time!)
    TY Momma Duck! <3
    That is correct! Antonia is with Maat at Strict Amazon Headquarters (poor girl); I agree that there can be a myriad of reasons that adults don't want to talk about things, but she does have an oddly concise handle on adult behaviour...I wonder why?! :open_mouth:

Poor Kenza! I think her blind faith in the Goddess (combined with the man hating and Maat loving stuff you mentioned) is not necessarily the recipe for Good Times that she assumes it is! I guess we'll see though? :grimace:

Pili has an excellent (garlic) coach, I'd say he has a fighting chance of arriving precisely when he's meant to! :lol:
    Did you like my emojis? I made extra ones for you! <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @WagonFruit yes indeed the extra effort made to punctuate with a myriad of different emojis was noted and significantly appreciated!!!

Haha :joy:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Antonia is so smart! I agree with her, all that is just plumming weird!
    I hope Pili will be able to save Jahi! After all, Maat already got the baby she wanted...
    Also I think Kenza did not get it that Maat is not into her like that...so...drama ahead?
  • Options
    anaitapeva wrote: »
    Antonia is so smart! I agree with her, all that is just plumming weird!
    I hope Pili will be able to save Jahi! After all, Maat already got the baby she wanted...
    Also I think Kenza did not get it that Maat is not into her like that...so...drama ahead?

Isn't she! Almost too smart ;)
    Pili just has to up his garlic game!
    Maat did get the baby she wanted...though I'm not banking on her being entirely reasonable in that regard :grimace: ...but who knows!

Yeah, poor Kenza; she's really just thinking things are the way she'd like them to be (reality be plummed!), isn't she...but you're right,
    that does indicate drama on the horizon! >:)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I love connective tissue, with or without barbecue sauce!
    I love all the expressions on Kenza's face. Not sure Maat is going to go for her, though -- she seems to have her preferences pretty well set. I love (for a different reason) the goofy Sim smile that Corabella usually has on her face. Great conversation between her and Antonia -- "No offense, but ---" And right on, Antonia, for believing she's never going to understand slavery and sacrifices.
    And I cheered (and also sniffled) when Pili said that Bastet was his queen, and Bastet wanted Tem and Jahi to be together with him and their children, and that's the way it should be, and he'll eat garlic if that's the only way he can bring Jahi back.
    Also got a big laugh out of the screenshot at the end -- "Come back with my garbage, you vampire!" ROFL
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I love connective tissue, with or without barbecue sauce!
    I love all the expressions on Kenza's face. Not sure Maat is going to go for her, though -- she seems to have her preferences pretty well set. I love (for a different reason) the goofy Sim smile that Corabella usually has on her face. Great conversation between her and Antonia -- "No offense, but ---" And right on, Antonia, for believing she's never going to understand slavery and sacrifices.
    And I cheered (and also sniffled) when Pili said that Bastet was his queen, and Bastet wanted Tem and Jahi to be together with him and their children, and that's the way it should be, and he'll eat garlic if that's the only way he can bring Jahi back.
    Also got a big laugh out of the screenshot at the end -- "Come back with my garbage, you vampire!" ROFL

I'm so glad you do! :cookie:
    Kenza is a very expressive gal! Her stank-face is my fave (sorry all other stank-faces). I fear you may be justified in your concern about Maat and her preferences; it's strange what we are able to delude ourselves into ignoring when we want something, right Kenza?

Antonia sure does have an annoying habit of asking valid questions; a shame Cora's not much of a deep thinker!

All the Pili things: YES /sniff
    Pili has our backs in this situation, even up to an including garlic!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    First off, I love the picture that you started with, Fruity! So beautiful!! Khafre is sooooooooooo hot and I really hope that he doesn't get sacrificed!! :grimace:
    Whatever their ulterior motives, it was good to see a "humanized" version of Kenza and Corabella. It's instinctive as readers not to trust them, especially Kenza, but now that we know why she hates Jahi so much, it offered some insight into her existence--and even made us feel sorry for her. Huh. Whoda thunk. But just another example of good writing--we can sympathize with the "enemy." Kudos, honey bunch!

I'm so glad that Tem has Pili to lean on during this crisis. Poor thing! I'm hoping that they'll just stay friends, but who knows? In situations such as this, we find strength in places we never thought!

This place may include between Pili's legs.

Tem and Pili are very sweet together, in any case! Tem is lucky. And awww, the feels. Pili is still loyal to his mother. That was a very unexpected, tender moment that was well-placed!

These little firecracker girls are the best! :lol: Antonia is as smart as she is sassy, and I can't wait to see what her future holds! It would be easy to see Cass and Via become Amazons, but the little pincher that is Toni is having her own thoughts about these things! It never would have occurred to me that someone so young might wonder why all of these customs exist. But like we used to say when I was a preschool teacher: little rabbits have big ears. Kiddos hear a LOT more than we give them credit for! Toni's future is not as clear as the other Arrivals!

Great chapter, as usual! <3 My Amazon women will tell tales about yours!

Quotes that made me LOL:
    ...more than once Kenza had come face to face with a rather unflattering view of the man’s undercarriage while seeking her sovereign’s counsel.

Antonia hated it when grownups tried to pull that ‘you’ll understand when you’re older’ crap; it just really meant that they really didn’t have an explanation for their 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but they thought they knew better because adult.

Antonia: “Vampires.” Naturally.
    The woman nodded, “they’re such a nuisance.”
    Antonia: “Right, like mice.”
    ‘These 🐸🐸🐸🐸 be crazy.’
  • Options
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    First off, I love the picture that you started with, Fruity! So beautiful!! Khafre is sooooooooooo hot and I really hope that he doesn't get sacrificed!! :grimace:
    Whatever their ulterior motives, it was good to see a "humanized" version of Kenza and Corabella. It's instinctive as readers not to trust them, especially Kenza, but now that we know why she hates Jahi so much, it offered some insight into her existence--and even made us feel sorry for her. Huh. Whoda thunk. But just another example of good writing--we can sympathize with the "enemy." Kudos, honey bunch!

I'm so glad that Tem has Pili to lean on during this crisis. Poor thing! I'm hoping that they'll just stay friends, but who knows? In situations such as this, we find strength in places we never thought!

This place may include between Pili's legs.

Tem and Pili are very sweet together, in any case! Tem is lucky. And awww, the feels. Pili is still loyal to his mother. That was a very unexpected, tender moment that was well-placed!

These little firecracker girls are the best! :lol: Antonia is as smart as she is sassy, and I can't wait to see what her future holds! It would be easy to see Cass and Via become Amazons, but the little pincher that is Toni is having her own thoughts about these things! It never would have occurred to me that someone so young might wonder why all of these customs exist. But like we used to say when I was a preschool teacher: little rabbits have big ears. Kiddos hear a LOT more than we give them credit for! Toni's future is not as clear as the other Arrivals!

Great chapter, as usual! <3 My Amazon women will tell tales about yours!

Quotes that made me LOL:
    ...more than once Kenza had come face to face with a rather unflattering view of the man’s undercarriage while seeking her sovereign’s counsel.

Antonia hated it when grownups tried to pull that ‘you’ll understand when you’re older’ plum; it just really meant that they really didn’t have an explanation for their plum, but they thought they knew better because adult.

Antonia: “Vampires.” Naturally.
    The woman nodded, “they’re such a nuisance.”
    Antonia: “Right, like mice.”
    ‘These plum be crazy.’

Aw, TY! LOL, I think Persephone would have a thing or two to say about Khafre sacrificing!
    What you said regarding Kenza and Cora and their humanity is very perceptive! I was leery, when I introduced them, of having them come across as villains...it's inevitable that that would happen to a certain degree, as they're not very sympathetic and they introduce a lot of conflict (moreso Kenza and Caris), but idk, when you know why someone acts the way they do, it's easier to understand even if you don't agree? Something like that...you know what I mean! You've got that plum down pat in your writing :mrgreen:

There seems to be an array of feelings among those who comment on Pili/Tem, but you're right on the money that at least she has him to lean on, and no matter what happens (or doesn't) between them, they can draw strength from each other!
    (I personally would find all kinds of strength between Pili's well toned legs tho >:) )
    Pili will always be a bit of a Mama's boy, but hopefully not in a cringey way!

I do wonder how the various little girls would react if they had arrived at different places! I think Cass and Octavia have it a lot easier than poor Toni, she sort of got the plum end of the stick there, and clearly there's something in her psyche that has all the alarm bells going off about Circumstances, eh? "Little rabbits have big ears." I love that! So apt.
    Thank you for all your nice comments my love! It always tickles me that we're doing the same challenge <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    Not much left to say now that I've made up everything...
    Toni, come into my arms you smart girl! *hugging time* You know, if you're going to be as clever as the adults when you're older I don't want you to age at all.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Not much left to say now that I've made up everything...
    Toni, come into my arms you smart girl! *hugging time* You know, if you're going to be as clever as the adults when you're older I don't want you to age at all.

I don't want her to age up either! Or Cassie and Octavia for that matter...I love my little grills :bawling:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @WagonFruit Yes... It would be a shame to lose them *goes to cry*
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Thank you for all your nice comments my love! It always tickles me that we're doing the same challenge <3
    Squee, me too! And it's so fun to get ideas and inspiration from each other! Love you, babs! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Happy weekend!!

Last chapter...

8xQ66cm.png

Kenza took Nobuya for a long walk because Corabella was successfully knocked up and they need monies for stuff (also she had some angry about Jahi because jealous).

Tem and Pili had some bonding and reflection time that was kinda boring, but also kinda sweet?  But at least Tem has a Plan (Tem is good at having Plans), even if Pili doesn't like said Plan.

Antonia and Corabella chatted about babs and vampires and Amazon stuff; Antonia was not impressed (and a bit freaked out).

Onward!
    Post edited by WagonFruit on
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    It's a gray gloomy day here, and the next thing I know -- I'm in Amazon land! Thanks for bringing the sunshine!
    Okay, I'm beginning to feel sorry for Caris. Drat. At least she still has enough sense to realize that Prince Aten is the weak link in Totec's chain.
    Poor Cassie -- all her buddies are growing up and getting boobs (one is, anyway), but at least Nafi can now be played with. I loved the whole thing about the climbing bars -- "no, we can't interact with the object any more."
    Maat needs to do the right thing and let Jahi go back to Tem. If he's gone, Kenza won't be able to sacrifice him.
    Does Persephone have some ideas about Octavia? I'm glad to see the well is glowing green for her -- it would be terrible to lose her to the Wishing Well demon.
    Oh, and that was just a big meal that Raet had. O-kay. Whatever you say.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Yey! Just coming from my Amazon's next chapter, diving into yours. Anything that's better? ;D
    I'm convinced that in the next chapter, you will tell us Raet ist pregnant, though. (Not really, but one can try at least to make it true ^^)
    Those sims. Always complaining about such things as the climbing bars, but never trying to make it actually work again.
    I agree with MVWdeZT in the other points. If Kenza sacrifices Jahi, she will become my personal enemy no matter that she is already. I simply can't stand her.
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26