Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Line of the Last [February 4, 2020]

Comments

• Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Fruuuuuuuuuuity! Holy 🐸🐸🐸🐸, this chapter left me slightly damp. But it was very sweet too, and I loved it (as always)!
    Cassie and Pili are the cutest!! She is so sweet how she looks to him for advice, and to clarify that she's doing a good job with her "investigation." And he humors her, but never seems explicitly annoyed or frustrated with her. I think he gets a secret kick out of her too. They have such a sweet friendship--and here's to hoping it blossoms into something else, since he never ages! Their exchange had me rolling! She's such a little punkin!!

Ohhhh, I feel so sorry for poor Jahi, and I'm starting to pity Maat too. What a tragic existence. She feels like she needs to force the hands of people below her to make them "love" her, but deep down she knows she is empty. And she has a child that she could love and be loved back, but she's so selfish she refuses to see it. :heartbreak: And poor Jahi!!! Oh my gosh, what a terrible thing for him. Being forced to betray the love of his life and the mother of his children...what a predicament!

Hahahahaha, Aten and Good Buddy always provide some comic releif/steam for us hungry readers! Poor Aten is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 young. It did make me feel bad that he was jealous that Good Buddy was biting Caris, but again, he's young and naive. And in love, which equates to being a raging idiot as well! :smiley:

RAET I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!!! :lol: She is my favorite character in the story right now. She is such a stark contrast to the Snek Queen--bright, cheerful, loves kids, and wants to end the sacrifices. I just can't get over her goofy way she speaks!! :joy:

I can't wait to see what happens next. You left so many open ends here (hehehehe--dirty mind at work!) that I wantz moar!!

Favorite quotes!
    Cassie: “…you can smell the difference between kinds of blood?”
    Pili: “It’s a guy thing.”
    Cassie: “Guys are gross.”

Maat was surprised about how quietly he’d come.
    Well, no…he wasn’t actually that quiet when he came.

Good Buddy better not think he could just march in here after and have manly-best-bud-fun-times or anything either, cuz that SO wasn’t happening tonight.

Raet: “Truly? Dost thou think that we are destined to be One? Bound by True Love? The Sacred Flame for each other’s souls? The–”
    Hahahahaha! You make me belly laugh!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Fruuuuuuuuuuity! Holy plum, this chapter left me slightly damp. But it was very sweet too, and I loved it (as always)!
    Cassie and Pili are the cutest!! She is so sweet how she looks to him for advice, and to clarify that she's doing a good job with her "investigation." And he humors her, but never seems explicitly annoyed or frustrated with her. I think he gets a secret kick out of her too. They have such a sweet friendship--and here's to hoping it blossoms into something else, since he never ages! Their exchange had me rolling! She's such a little punkin!!

Ohhhh, I feel so sorry for poor Jahi, and I'm starting to pity Maat too. What a tragic existence. She feels like she needs to force the hands of people below her to make them "love" her, but deep down she knows she is empty. And she has a child that she could love and be loved back, but she's so selfish she refuses to see it. :heartbreak: And poor Jahi!!! Oh my gosh, what a terrible thing for him. Being forced to betray the love of his life and the mother of his children...what a predicament!

Hahahahaha, Aten and Good Buddy always provide some comic releif/steam for us hungry readers! Poor Aten is so plum young. It did make me feel bad that he was jealous that Good Buddy was biting Caris, but again, he's young and naive. And in love, which equates to being a raging plum as well! :smiley:

RAET I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!!! :lol: She is my favorite character in the story right now. She is such a stark contrast to the Snek Queen--bright, cheerful, loves kids, and wants to end the sacrifices. I just can't get over her goofy way she speaks!! :joy:

I can't wait to see what happens next. You left so many open ends here (hehehehe--dirty mind at work!) that I wantz moar!!

Favorite quotes!
    Cassie: “…you can smell the difference between kinds of blood?”
    Pili: “It’s a guy thing.”
    Cassie: “Guys are gross.”

Maat was surprised about how quietly he’d come.
    Well, no…he wasn’t actually that quiet when he came.

Good Buddy better not think he could just march in here after and have manly-best-bud-fun-times or anything either, cuz that SO wasn’t happening tonight.

Raet: “Truly? Dost thou think that we are destined to be One? Bound by True Love? The Sacred Flame for each other’s souls? The–”
    Hahahahaha! You make me belly laugh!

Ahh! <3 I'm so pleased :blush: there can be no higher praise for me than dampness! o:)
    She is such a punkin! I love her extra (for reasons), and I love them interacting and seeing how that evolves too (for other reasons)...I hope I can carry believably into her teens!

I'm glad you don't hate Maat (I was worried you would)! She's done some awful things, but she's not really an awful person? Just young and making poor choices, and having too much power. You're right about her existence being tragic, spot on; she's the architect of her own suffering. It might be easier for Jahi if he did hate her.

So true about poor Aten! And now he's having to deal with stuff he's never had to work through before; should be interesting to see how that all pans out! ;)
    Eee! It pleases me so much to know I made you laugh! /tackles
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Cassie is best, no question xD
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    More plot thickening!
    Poor Aten! Yes, he's jealous, and what happens if Caris gets pregnant?
    Loved the exchange between Cassie and Pili. No, Cassie, you don't want to be there when they find the perp unless the perp happens to be a child or toddler.
    Poor Jahi, of course, and if Maat wants love, she shouldn't go stealing someone else's man. But they definitely have something going on, although I'm afraid it will come to an end if the baby is a girl. Or could it be that the prospect of sacrificing Jahi causes Maat to have a change of heart?
    I LOVE the substitution of the Wishing Well for the offering pool. Just a warning, though -- you could still kill off a few slaves. Raet and Persephone should definitely not use it, and I'd keep Khafre away, too.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2017
    I love every time Cassie opens her mouth. So adorable!
    I'm sad for both Jahi and Maat...he's a prisoner. She should release him, but she's too selfish for that.

Looking forward to a showdown between bro and sis!!

And poor, poor jealous Aten. I do hope he does let Totec know how he feels-- they need a good lovers quarrel!! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Cassie is best, no question xD
    I agree! Cassie is such a sweet bab <3

MVWdeZT wrote: »
    More plot thickening!
    Poor Aten! Yes, he's jealous, and what happens if Caris gets pregnant?
    Loved the exchange between Cassie and Pili. No, Cassie, you don't want to be there when they find the perp unless the perp happens to be a child or toddler.
    Poor Jahi, of course, and if Maat wants love, she shouldn't go stealing someone else's man. But they definitely have something going on, although I'm afraid it will come to an end if the baby is a girl. Or could it be that the prospect of sacrificing Jahi causes Maat to have a change of heart?
    I LOVE the substitution of the Wishing Well for the offering pool. Just a warning, though -- you could still kill off a few slaves. Raet and Persephone should definitely not use it, and I'd keep Khafre away, too.
    So much thickening >:) ...er, of plot! o:)
    Well, luckily I don't think Caris can get pregnant from sharing plasma (though my 6 year old self would probably point out that since you can get pregnant from kissing, plasma isn't much of a stretch)...but who knows what else she might end up sharing at some future point!

I don't think Cassie really thought that through, did she? Hah! She's just so eager!

You're right about Maat, she shouldn't steal other people's men! We'll have to see how that plays out; so many possible resolutions ;)

Never worry, I don't think there will be too much actual wishing going on at the well, it's mostly symbolic...maybe. >:)

I love every time Cassie opens her mouth. So adorable!
    I'm sad for both Jahi and Maat...he's a prisoner. She should release him, but she's too selfish for that.

Looking forward to a showdown between bro and sis!!

And poor, poor jealous Aten. I do hope he does let Totec know how he feels-- they need a good lovers quarrel!! ;)
    Eee, loving all the Cassie love <3
    You're right, she is...and maybe in just a little bit too deep. :(

I'm looking forward to that showdown also! I wonder if it's what you expect it to be? Can't wait to find out! >:)

I suspect there will be some rocking of the boat Man Cave sooner rather than later!

Thanks for comments everyone <3 you guys make my day :cookie:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Froots!!! OMG I loved this sooo much.
    First...damp panties ... ALL DAY LONG sister... Couldn't help but think about Jahi and Maat and the kink that you and I share of "mmmm you were a cute kid but now I really want you." I honestly would love a peek inside Jahi's head as to how he's really feeling. I cannot imagine he wants to cheat on Tem, but is it really cheating when what you were BORN to do is service the tribe of Amazon womens? I don't know. I imagine he's conflicted cause he'd rather be with his love and his chilluns, but is he upset having to service the Queen? He told her once, it would be his honor if she desired him in that way.

Next - Raet...true current favorite. I love her and Persephone and can I hope that in addition to SUPER hot Khafir that we get a little lady action too? What if it's like GoT (the series) and Margaery asks if King Renley wants her brother Loras to join them in the marriage bed? Hmmm a little hot ffm action? Maybe? Yes? No?? Anyway - hot.

And poor Aten, he just wants good buddy time for himself and the attention of good buddy and to be all Good Buddy needs. Caris needs to hands off our Golden Prince's man. Though I suppose it was Totec doing the hands on yeah?

Finally (and though it was the beginning) Pili and Cassie. Sooooo cute and I just love for days. Her sleuthing and CSI stuff and
    Cassie: “But I want to come! I did all the work examining the crime scene and gathering the clues, and I want to help track down the perp!”

Pili: “What’s a perp?”

Cassie: “Like I know.”

I absolutely love how not only did we get some promised smexy time, we got plot movement too!! :heart:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
    cshaner wrote: »
    Froots!!! OMG I loved this sooo much.
    First...damp panties ... ALL DAY LONG sister... Couldn't help but think about Jahi and Maat and the kink that you and I share of "mmmm you were a cute kid but now I really want you." I honestly would love a peek inside Jahi's head as to how he's really feeling. I cannot imagine he wants to cheat on Tem, but is it really cheating when what you were BORN to do is service the tribe of Amazon womens? I don't know. I imagine he's conflicted cause he'd rather be with his love and his chilluns, but is he upset having to service the Queen? He told her once, it would be his honor if she desired him in that way.

Next - Raet...true current favorite. I love her and Persephone and can I hope that in addition to SUPER hot Khafir that we get a little lady action too? What if it's like GoT (the series) and Margaery asks if King Renley wants her brother Loras to join them in the marriage bed? Hmmm a little hot ffm action? Maybe? Yes? No?? Anyway - hot.

And poor Aten, he just wants good buddy time for himself and the attention of good buddy and to be all Good Buddy needs. Caris needs to hands off our Golden Prince's man. Though I suppose it was Totec doing the hands on yeah?

Finally (and though it was the beginning) Pili and Cassie. Sooooo cute and I just love for days. Her sleuthing and CSI stuff and
    Cassie: “But I want to come! I did all the work examining the crime scene and gathering the clues, and I want to help track down the perp!”

Pili: “What’s a perp?”

Cassie: “Like I know.”

I absolutely love how not only did we get some promised smexy time, we got plot movement too!! :heart:

Duck!!! OMG, I love YOU so much! :mrgreen:
    Gurl...GURL
    aa2bcf8b6383f6c428ecf6bf5c7fc1cb.jpg
    You know what I'm sayin' >:)
    You'll get your wish about that peek next chapter! But I think you did a pretty fine job with the tldr version. ;)

OMG. That is all I have to say about your Raet things. >:)

Totally Totec's fault. And Totec's hands. And Totec's fangs. And Totec's...uh...stuff...

Cassie/Pili are my lovest loves atm <3 I could write chapters of just them doing stuff!

/tries not to punctuate with emojis and fails
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    I love Alan Rickman, sniff. Yes, more Cassie and Pili, also Antonia and Kenza, and Octavia and Raet, please.
    @MVWdeZT me too!!! RIP AR!!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Mwahaha. Just spotted another Amazon Challenge story. Not that there aren't enough yet to catch up but this one looks amazing. SO up to read it!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited May 2017
    @MVWdeZT @cshaner OMG, yes, RIP! I loved him tooooo :bawling:
    @MrsRacooney there are an army of us, aren't there? Not as many as those legacy rubes though, amirite? >:)

Good morning forum friends! Time for tasty connective tissue; put some BBQ sauce on it, it'll taste better :lol:

Last chapter...

4cDxKU5.png

Pili shot Cassie down (re: perp tracking, you sicko, not like that), and sent her packing back to the pyramid even though she found clues.

Maat finally got a ride on the Jahi-Tron, and was pleased to find the service exceeded expectations.

Aten tried to make tacos for an angry Caris (in a cage), but that went south when Totec was all 'rawr, plasma' and then Aten had FEELS.

Also Persephone gave Raet the go ahead to do the nasty with her bro (because maybe soul mates or something), and there was a new well.

Onward!
    Post edited by WagonFruit on
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Dark WitcHazard: Pili in almost nothing just the way I like him! B)

Lover WitcHazard: Maat clearly doesn't take no for an answer, even if she ends up having a boy it was totally worth it hehe ;) As for Raet I find her hestitants to pounce on a man adorable shows just how much she contrasts her sister!
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    *clings* I love you, froots. And your chapter. <3
    Poor Pili, longing for his day in the sun...okay, maybe not the sun (because DED), but he's been living in the shadows for so long and he'd just love some nice attention and appreciation. <3 (I appreciate you, bb.)

Garlic ruins everything. Except in food, which I love. GARLIC IN ERRYTHING okay. Except when Pili needs to save Jahi. :(

It's such a Maat thing to do to lie about being pregnant just so she gets some more time with Jahi. :'( Gonna break my heart. I don't think she wants to be as merciless as she is and hew so closely to Amazon rules (except when it suits her), but she doesn't know how to do anything else. She's in too deep at this point, and she has a Kenza whispering in her ear instead of a Persephone.

Kenza isn't all bad, but she's definitely much more traditional and dedicated to maintaining those brutal Amazon traditions to worship the Goddess. And hmm, why would she be so resentful toward Jahi...? :*

Those scenes. Hot and heartbreaking at the same time. Neither one wants to be there, and neither one wants to be getting as much out of their arrangement as they are, but those long-ago ties are too hard to cut. Jahi loves his wife, but he was fond of Maat. I think he'd like to see the good and potential for greatness that he once did--and plum, sometimes certain things just feel good whether you want them to or not. Especially the things that are worst for you.

And Maat's pleasure is obviously mixed with self-loathing. Does she want him to hate her? Maybe that would make her feel less bad about tossing him in the pool when her pregnancy starts showing. Or maybe she wants him to loathe her as much as she loathes herself right now. But hey, she's lonely and isolated and she noticed Jahi from early on and maybe it's a bit nostalgic for her too? Things were better then...also, she can't help coming undone. Repeatedly. And neither can he, obviously.

It's a messed up deal all around, but it's also such an interesting one, even as I feel for Tem and Jahi. They had the best romance last gen. :'(

But it seems like Raet might want to compete for Best Gen 2 Romance with her awkward pursuit of Khafre? <3 With Octavia's matchmaking help, of course. I loved her just...checking him out at the woodworking table for what was apparently hours and hours. I'll bet she'd like to play hide and seek with him. Maybe Persephone can join them~

Her flowery narration, along with her conversation with Octavia, was AMAZING. I adored every word of it. (Even though some are probably made-up, but hey, she's a queen.) She definitely has some of her mom's facial expressions down pat.

"Raet: “I shall stuff thee down yon well; do not test mine resolve on the matter.”

The child beamed up at her and was summarily ignored."

ROFL. And Octavia's face at the end...aaaaa. Perfection.

MORE PLZ.
    uduVcAP.png
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @ WagonFruit Indeed. There are so many that I start mixing everything up... xD Think there's a whole Amazon universe in my head formed by all those stories
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    That was...hot...whew...**fans self**
    Jahi is sure enjoying himself. Poor guy. But I don't feel too sorry for him.

And DURN! Those Amazons are a sneaky lot, putting out garlic, knowing Pili just might go on a rescue mission. I do hope he finds out a solution!

I wasn't disappointed that Raet wasn't deflowered. I love romance, too! :love:
    Great chapter!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Froooooots!!!! OMG this chapter was all.

I'm gonna try not to completely copy...you know what I really mean gurrrl :wink: Lobster above, but insightful b*tches gonna insightful amirite?
    Pili - crisps. Mmmm two bags please.

Pili wanting to be the hero of the day was incredible. And his little plasma cupcake... All the family around Pili just being so grateful. All the feels here. My little Biter was there all happy about the cake too!! Look at him soooo cute with hims Daddy!!
    Pili sighed, “well, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me then, I guess.”
    Mmmm SimCat would be happy to oblige Cowboy.

Every single one of the feels for Jahi and Maat scenes. Gonna copy (you know what I mean) LL a bit here, because I had very similar thoughts here. Jahi mentions how Maat keeps asking if he hates her...I had the same thought about perhaps the eventual sacrifice will be more tolerable if he could at least hate her. Perhaps she would feel justified in herself if he was having the expected (and appropriate?) response? Hmmm. The screens of course were HOTTTT and I nearly had to wipe saliva off my monitor. (would have had trouble had I been on my phone today instead of big screen. Drool for days...)

I love that Maat has not returned him to her dungeon and is allowing him to remain in her chambers. Their desire for one another is incredibly erotic and while he's hating himself for enjoying it, honestly...how could he not. His pride in his performance .... /swoon

Kenza is gorgeous too by the way.

Finally - my favorite part of the entire chapter. The interaction between our Flower Queen and Octavia.

This:
    Octavia: “Hai fren! Why you staring at the carpenter guy? Is he making you something? He said he’d make me a toy horse, but that’s okay if you want something first.”

HAHAHA yes, it's ok if you want something first, that little Octavia so generous...so sweet...so knowing!

The fact that Khafre was only a few meters away and I cannot think Raet speaks softly...her glorius floral language must carry through the compound...he's like...Umm yeah, can totally hear you guys.

I love that Raet's romance novels (much like our dear Bianca) tell her how the romance must go. There must be some courtship and mutual admiration and smouldering before such acts can happen. With Persephone's guidance too we won't need to sacrifice Khafre and I won't worry about her inevitable depression ...

This was my favorite quote of the entire update:
    Octavia: “Buuuuuck, buck, buck…”

Raet: “Cease thine fowl taunts, rapscallion.”

Fowl? Foul?? HAHAHA best...ever.

This was a complete and utter winner my dear. Froot flavored updates are the tastiest.

:pen: :pineapple: :apple: :pen:
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    For some reason I was sweating in the middle of a cold day. Nice chapter! ;)
    Plum, why garlic? Someone has their vampiric knowledge on point there, unfortunately. Pili has tried though.
    Jahi hmmm...ahem. I'm not commenting on that to not risk getting bae-smacked. Just go with the emoji >:):love:
    Raet is a shakespearean romantic queen, so adorable! I agree that she and Bianca are similarly a type of old fashioned romantic that is just soooo cute! I wish I could be like that at times (bae agrees on that, with a pout. Oh well.)...
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Dark WitcHazard: Pili in almost nothing just the way I like him! B)

Lover WitcHazard: Maat clearly doesn't take no for an answer, even if she ends up having a boy it was totally worth it hehe ;) As for Raet I find her hestitants to pounce on a man adorable shows just how much she contrasts her sister!
    I feel you there Dark; he offered to pose in his normal clothing but we having none of that.
    You're right, Maat does not take no for an answer, and rightly so...no one should say "no" to a Queen! And yes, absolutely those two grills are a foil for one another in pretty much every aspect! ;)

*clings* I love you, froots. And your chapter. <3
    Poor Pili, longing for his day in the sun...okay, maybe not the sun (because DED), but he's been living in the shadows for so long and he'd just love some nice attention and appreciation. <3 (I appreciate you, bb.)

Garlic ruins everything. Except in food, which I love. GARLIC IN ERRYTHING okay. Except when Pili needs to save Jahi. :(

It's such a Maat thing to do to lie about being pregnant just so she gets some more time with Jahi. :'( Gonna break my heart. I don't think she wants to be as merciless as she is and hew so closely to Amazon rules (except when it suits her), but she doesn't know how to do anything else. She's in too deep at this point, and she has a Kenza whispering in her ear instead of a Persephone.

Kenza isn't all bad, but she's definitely much more traditional and dedicated to maintaining those brutal Amazon traditions to worship the Goddess. And hmm, why would she be so resentful toward Jahi...? :*

Those scenes. Hot and heartbreaking at the same time. Neither one wants to be there, and neither one wants to be getting as much out of their arrangement as they are, but those long-ago ties are too hard to cut. Jahi loves his wife, but he was fond of Maat. I think he'd like to see the good and potential for greatness that he once did--and plum, sometimes certain things just feel good whether you want them to or not. Especially the things that are worst for you.

And Maat's pleasure is obviously mixed with self-loathing. Does she want him to hate her? Maybe that would make her feel less bad about tossing him in the pool when her pregnancy starts showing. Or maybe she wants him to loathe her as much as she loathes herself right now. But hey, she's lonely and isolated and she noticed Jahi from early on and maybe it's a bit nostalgic for her too? Things were better then...also, she can't help coming undone. Repeatedly. And neither can he, obviously.

It's a messed up deal all around, but it's also such an interesting one, even as I feel for Tem and Jahi. They had the best romance last gen. :'(

But it seems like Raet might want to compete for Best Gen 2 Romance with her awkward pursuit of Khafre? <3 With Octavia's matchmaking help, of course. I loved her just...checking him out at the woodworking table for what was apparently hours and hours. I'll bet she'd like to play hide and seek with him. Maybe Persephone can join them~

Her flowery narration, along with her conversation with Octavia, was AMAZING. I adored every word of it. (Even though some are probably made-up, but hey, she's a queen.) She definitely has some of her mom's facial expressions down pat.

"Raet: “I shall stuff thee down yon well; do not test mine resolve on the matter.”

The child beamed up at her and was summarily ignored."

ROFL. And Octavia's face at the end...aaaaa. Perfection.

MORE PLZ.
    I love you too magnificent crustacean, and so does my chapter! <3
    Omg, right? Garlic is the real villain here. Poor Pili, he's just such a 'fixer', he wants to fix all the things and have everyone be happy and eat cake (and definitely not cry, EVER).
    Garlic is delicious though, he probably liked it before the vampire thing.

It sure is a Maat thing to do...very snek of her! I think you're right that she's trapped herself in one mindset based on what she's been convinced is the proper thing...if only she'd had had a confidant like Persephone instead! But the "except when it suits" her is starting to rear it's head more and more I think, so who knows ;)
    Why would Kenza be so abnormally resentful towards Jahi INDEED.../ponders

I'm glad the Maat/Jahi dynamic seems to have come across as I'd hoped! She tried to be all boss at the beginning, but it's spiraling out of control, and she's lost her grip, and she didn't anticipate it...and neither did he, but there are confused feelings left over from the history they share and those remnants can be manipulated to be something different than what they were, and it's all very bittersweet and complicated and headed for a collision course of some sort...you're spot on with this: "It's a messed up deal all around."

Raet would be over the moon that she's getting a nomination for possible "Best Gen. 2 Romance" (see? The books were RIGHT)...though I think she has some stiff competition from Octavia in the "dat face" category...that kid cracks me up with her creepily adorable smiles.

We'll see if awkward stalking (slash fantasizing) pays off in the end!
    MORE COMETH...Wednesday? Yep, prolly Wednesday <3

That was...hot...whew...**fans self**
    Jahi is sure enjoying himself. Poor guy. But I don't feel too sorry for him.

And DURN! Those Amazons are a sneaky lot, putting out garlic, knowing Pili just might go on a rescue mission. I do hope he finds out a solution!

I wasn't disappointed that Raet wasn't deflowered. I love romance, too! :love:
    Great chapter!
    Excellent! I'll take hot ;)
    He really is...though he'd rather not talk about it (or think about it)...I think it's kind of a toss up, at this point, whether or not he feels sorry for himself.

Raet appreciates your approval for her slightly awkward pursuit of romance! (The books are very informative).
    Ty! :mrgreen:

cshaner wrote: »
    Froooooots!!!! OMG this chapter was all.

I'm gonna try not to completely copy...you know what I really mean gurrrl :wink: Lobster above, but insightful b*tches gonna insightful amirite?
    Pili - crisps. Mmmm two bags please.

Pili wanting to be the hero of the day was incredible. And his little plasma cupcake... All the family around Pili just being so grateful. All the feels here. My little Biter was there all happy about the cake too!! Look at him soooo cute with hims Daddy!!
    Pili sighed, “well, plum me then, I guess.”
    Mmmm SimCat would be happy to oblige Cowboy.

Every single one of the feels for Jahi and Maat scenes. Gonna copy (you know what I mean) LL a bit here, because I had very similar thoughts here. Jahi mentions how Maat keeps asking if he hates her...I had the same thought about perhaps the eventual sacrifice will be more tolerable if he could at least hate her. Perhaps she would feel justified in herself if he was having the expected (and appropriate?) response? Hmmm. The screens of course were HOTTTT and I nearly had to wipe saliva off my monitor. (would have had trouble had I been on my phone today instead of big screen. Drool for days...)

I love that Maat has not returned him to her dungeon and is allowing him to remain in her chambers. Their desire for one another is incredibly erotic and while he's hating himself for enjoying it, honestly...how could he not. His pride in his performance .... /swoon

Kenza is gorgeous too by the way.

Finally - my favorite part of the entire chapter. The interaction between our Flower Queen and Octavia.

This:
    Octavia: “Hai fren! Why you staring at the carpenter guy? Is he making you something? He said he’d make me a toy horse, but that’s okay if you want something first.”

HAHAHA yes, it's ok if you want something first, that little Octavia so generous...so sweet...so knowing!

The fact that Khafre was only a few meters away and I cannot think Raet speaks softly...her glorius floral language must carry through the compound...he's like...Umm yeah, can totally hear you guys.

I love that Raet's romance novels (much like our dear Bianca) tell her how the romance must go. There must be some courtship and mutual admiration and smouldering before such acts can happen. With Persephone's guidance too we won't need to sacrifice Khafre and I won't worry about her inevitable depression ...

This was my favorite quote of the entire update:
    Octavia: “Buuuuuck, buck, buck…”

Fowl? Foul?? HAHAHA best...ever.

This was a complete and utter winner my dear. Froot flavored updates are the tastiest.

:pen: :pineapple: :apple: :pen:
    I DO KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN! ;)
    Lobster is the insightfulest...that ho; mostly I just love to copy her too! :lol:
    Bags? Gurl, let's just go to Costco and load the van up with cases.
    LOL...that family pic was my fave! Pili just wants to have everyone happy and get some 'atta boys!

I'm afraid SimCat has moved on though, and is now debauching other unsuspecting randos and getting herself all pregnant /sigh

I'm sure sacrificing him would be much easier if he hated her and showed it, but I also think she genuinely is insecure about his regard for her "are you mad at me for forcing this on you?" she wants his love, as misguided and inappropriate as that is! She doesn't get how people work, I don't think, being young and above average levels of selfish; you can't just make people love you by paying them in smexy bliss, but you can confuse them into some hot and emotionally damaging good times maybe?
    It's all fun and games until it gets complicated and causes self-loathing :mrgreen:

Kenza is a really beautiful sim, I agree! She has a lot of presence, as far as sims go.

Aww, Octavia is a sweet, generous little soul! Always looking out for her big sis! And everyone is sort of always willing to play along with Raet and her silly shenanigans (even Khafre)...hopefully those romance books have prepared the flowery Queen for all eventualities, eh? >:)

LOL...I totally wrote that line with "foul" the first time, but then I was like "omg, no PUN...fowl"
    I'm tickled you liked Momma Duck!
    _91389692_ctrdewvumaalgc_.jpg

anaitapeva wrote: »
    For some reason I was sweating in the middle of a cold day. Nice chapter! ;)
    Plum, why garlic? Someone has their vampiric knowledge on point there, unfortunately. Pili has tried though.
    Jahi hmmm...ahem. I'm not commenting on that to not risk getting bae-smacked. Just go with the emoji >:):love:
    Raet is a shakespearean romantic queen, so adorable! I agree that she and Bianca are similarly a type of old fashioned romantic that is just soooo cute! I wish I could be like that at times (bae agrees on that, with a pout. Oh well.)...
    Sweating?? Whaaaat? WEIRD :mrgreen:
    I wonder who it was who even put that garlic up? Hmm!

Lol, poor Jahi >:) that's okay, I'm sure he understands the subtext of your emojis, he is, as Pili has said, after all a "smart dude" ;)

I think Raet would be incredibly flattered by the comparison to Bianca! And love that you understand her romantic values!

Thanks for the comments lovely people! <3
    *showers you all with pancakes*
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Raet has got to be the most quotable Amazon in the history of Amazons. :mrgreen: That girl is seriously the best character, and I love her!!
    My heart just goes out to Jahi. Oh man, what a terrible spot to be put in. He can't betray his queen really, since she made sure he's in a difficult position. But he hates to betray his partner, and again, Maat made it very clear that he's got to do just that. What a rock and hard place....the hardest.

So, so hard. :trollface:

Awwww, Raet is hot for Khafre and Octie knows it!! I love it! :) She's just helping a sister out, even if Raet doesn't quite see it that way. They look out for each other and that's so sweet! Sisters indeed!

What kind of seeking will he do, I wonder? :mrgreen:

And my favorite quotes!! Most are Raet, she's hysterical!
    The doors were warded with garlic; clever 🐸🐸🐸🐸…and here he’d been so excited when he realized he’d found where Jahi had been taken.

Kenza; don’t older guys have a harder time getting women knocked up?”

Raet: “Wast not.”

Raet: “I am thine Queen; I makest words as I pleaseth.”

signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Raet has got to be the most quotable Amazon in the history of Amazons. :mrgreen: That girl is seriously the best character, and I love her!!
    My heart just goes out to Jahi. Oh man, what a terrible spot to be put in. He can't betray his queen really, since she made sure he's in a difficult position. But he hates to betray his partner, and again, Maat made it very clear that he's got to do just that. What a rock and hard place....the hardest.

So, so hard. :trollface:

Awwww, Raet is hot for Khafre and Octie knows it!! I love it! :) She's just helping a sister out, even if Raet doesn't quite see it that way. They look out for each other and that's so sweet! Sisters indeed!

What kind of seeking will he do, I wonder? :mrgreen:

And my favorite quotes!! Most are Raet, she's hysterical!
    The doors were warded with garlic; clever plum…and here he’d been so excited when he realized he’d found where Jahi had been taken.

Kenza; don’t older guys have a harder time getting women knocked up?”

Raet: “Wast not.”

Raet: “I am thine Queen; I makest words as I pleaseth.”

Aww! Thank you Haidsy! Raet would be so enamored of you! I know this because...reasons ;)
    The Hardest. >:)
    Jahi is a bit of a product of his environment, for sure! Naturally easygoing and studious, and raised from a bab to be a slave...to a certain extent he does have a habit of "going easily" when presented with a tough situation...and Maat is kind of a force of nature!

Octavia is always the heroine of any given situation she's in! Raet is lucky to have her as a wing'mam :wink:
    We'll see how things develop with Khafre (slowly is my guess).
    :kissing_heart:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Another great chapter!
    Poor Pili -- all that tracking, and he was right about where it would lead, and what does he find but garlic! And I LOVED how he envisioned himself as the hero (and maybe even a little more manly than big bro Jahi?).

As for Jahi-Maat -- not much more to say about their relationship, except that I'm not sure Maat would allow much in the way of closed eyes. Doesn't he want to look at her? And I totally understand why she lets him stay in her bedchamber -- it would just take too much time for him to go downstairs and then come back up again.

Raet has obviously been reading Appropriate Dialogue for Amazon Queens. She barely held her own against Octavia, though. I hope that Khafre lives up to her expectations, although guys rarely shine in the flowery compliments department. Raet needs to concentrate on romances where the guy is the strong, silent type with smouldering glances.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Octavia was also best xD
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    Aw, thanks @SeaDragonSong ! <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @WagonFruit
    Whose idea was it for the garlic around Maat's compound? Or is that a spoiler? I figure Kenza would be aware of vampires, but I'm not sure about Maat. Well, two of her brothers did get vampire-napped after all...
    uduVcAP.png