Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How rare is dark brown/black hair and blue eyes?

DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
edited March 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Basically, whenever people notice my eye colour, or I mention that my eyes are blue, people act like I'm the last freaking dodo or something! xD
My hair is extremely dark brown (frequently confused with black) and it has sort of black streaks in it. Yes, it's my natural hair (and my natural eyes?) and I presumed that it was normal, but clearly not! xD

I did search on Google, but most people are talking about normal brown hair; my hair caused a freaking debate in Year 11 of high school because half my friends were insisting that it was black, while the other half were insisting that it's brown, so it's not a "normal brown" colour, I assure you! xD

ANYWAYS, is blacky brown hair and blue eyes rare or nah? :P
Post edited by DarkSuperNinja on

Comments

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Nah. Pretty common around where I live.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    edited January 2017
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Nah. Pretty common around where I live.
    @Simpkin Fair enough, I guess everyone is an exaggerator in life! xD
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    My eyes can be blue/green/gray depending on my moods. I have dark brown hair.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    I didn't think it was uncommon, but maybe that's because my mom has those same features :lol:
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    It's not that rare.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Dark brown hair and blue eyes isn't rare. I haven't seen a lot of people with truly black hair and blue eyes (my kryptonite). I do know red hair and blue eyes is the rarest combination though, because they're both recessive genes.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Blue-eyed redhead here. :) I had to go look it up and see how rare that is. Apparently only 1% of the population have that combination. I never knew it was that low. I have seen a few dark-brown/black-haired people with blue eyes, but not many. Probably because blue is the rarest eye color. I wouldn't worry about what other people say, embrace your uniqueness. :)
    Blue-eyed redhead here. :) I had to go look it up and see how rare that is. Apparently only 1% of the population have that combination. I never knew it was that low. I have seen a few dark-brown/black-haired people with blue eyes, but not many. Probably because blue is the rarest eye color. I wouldn't worry about what other people say, embrace your uniqueness. :)

@ClassicalSim Thinking about it, A LOT of people dye their hair darker colours as they get older, so I guess it makes sense that we tend to see more people with black/brown hair and blue eyes than there actually is! :P

I will indeed embrace my uniqueness! xD Woot woot, I will be a pale skinned, dark haired, and blue eyed person FOREVER MORE! :D
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    LyniaSC wrote: »
    I didn't think it was uncommon, but maybe that's because my mom has those same features :lol:

Haha same here! Here it's my dad though :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    My natural hair is dark brown, not dark enough that people think it's back, but nowhere near dirty blonde. I also have baby blue eyes :) I know the blue eyes is from my dad's family, but all of my family are brunettes :D I don't know lol
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    edited February 2017
    My natural hair is dark brown, not dark enough that people think it's back, but nowhere near dirty blonde. I also have baby blue eyes :) I know the blue eyes is from my dad's family, but all of my family are brunettes :D I don't know lol
    @Broncos4life My sister's hair used to be a dirty blonde, but her hair has gotten to a medium/dark brown as she's grown up! xD If her hair wasn't slightly lighter than mine, and she wasn't slightly taller, we'd look like twins (even though she's over 5 years older than me)...
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    When I was like 3 my hair was a Carmel color and apparently very curly. Now it's gotten darker and it's pretty wavy, but it probably helps the waviness that I keep my hair braided a lot.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • xGravityGirlxGravityGirl Posts: 225 Member
    I don't know many people with dark brown hair and blues eyes, so I don't really know. :)
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member

My research says that green eyes are the rarest color, and that people with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor.
    Be safe.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Dark brown hair, blue eyes here. Same for my mom, and her brother, my uncle. It's not at all uncommon. Probably more common than blue eyes with a natural blonde.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    My research says that all forms of life on this planet have a single, common ancestor. And none of you ever send it a card on its birthday. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • LilacUmbreonLilacUmbreon Posts: 153 Member
    Aaah I'm going to go all nerd on you, but dark brown hair is a dominant trait, and lets say B stands for dark brown hair, and b stands for blonde hair. BB would mean you get dark brown hair. bb means you get blonde hair. Bb means you get dark brown hair. Since these are the only possible trait combinations, dark brown hair would be more common. And for blue eyes, they are a recessive trait. Another example, lets say that B stands for brown eyes, and b stands for blue eyes. BB would mean you get brown eyes. bb means you get blue eyes. Bb means you get brown eyes. Again, since these are the only possible trait combinations, brown eyes would be more common, making blue eyes rare-ish.

So, in conclusion (since you probably didn't want to read a genetics lesson in a nutshell) Dark brown hair is common, and blue eyes are rare-ish.
  • GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Aaah I'm going to go all nerd on you, but dark brown hair is a dominant trait, and lets say B stands for dark brown hair, and b stands for blonde hair. BB would mean you get dark brown hair. bb means you get blonde hair. Bb means you get dark brown hair. Since these are the only possible trait combinations, dark brown hair would be more common. And for blue eyes, they are a recessive trait. Another example, lets say that B stands for brown eyes, and b stands for blue eyes. BB would mean you get brown eyes. bb means you get blue eyes. Bb means you get brown eyes. Again, since these are the only possible trait combinations, brown eyes would be more common, making blue eyes rare-ish.

So, in conclusion (since you probably didn't want to read a genetics lesson in a nutshell) Dark brown hair is common, and blue eyes are rare-ish.

Yeah I remember this from biology classes in high school!

My dad's super dark brown, my mom a dark blonde and I ended up looking a lot like my dad but my hair's wavy like my mom and a light brown instead. Been dying it shades of red for years though :)
    Lift me up - Let me go

@LilacUmbreon Cracking out the GCSE Biology, I see! xD

I guess that means that statistically dark brown hair/blue eyes is more common than blonde hair and blue eyes! xD The more you know!
    I knew blue eyes were recessive, but I had no idea that dark brown hair was dominant!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got family members with blue eyes and my brother had them as a child though they're not blue now because they're more hazel and mine were hazel as a child though they've always been closer to brown.I used to have blond hair as a child though it's nearly dark brown now.I have paler skin than most redheads though and it burns badly.I find that dark hair with dark eyes and skin as pale as mine isn't the msot common thing where I live though it might be more common further north.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm not sure brown hair and blue eyes is awfully common. I find people with brown hair tend to have brown eyes.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I actually can't think of any naturally dark haired person with blue eyes....hmm :D

Redhead with blue eyes here though!! Yeaaaah
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    My Dad had dark brown hair and blue eyes and my Mom had green eyes. I've got dark brown hair (the bits the stress hasn't reached yet ;) ) and grey eyes; I'm not sure where the grey eyes came from.

One of my best mates has red hair and blue eyes; he said it was rare too :)
  • Hippie_SimmerHippie_Simmer Posts: 1,078 Member
    My hair is dark dark brown (almost black) with red and blonde highlights in it and my eyes are brown but they change depending on my mood and the lighting. In the sunlight they look almost amber colored and if I'm sad they are black. Kind of unrelated but I'm also a tetrachromat-meaning I have 4 cones in my eyes instead of the usual 3. So I see tons of colors most can't. So that's pretty cool. I've always thought blue eyes were cool. I don't like having the most common eye color even though they change. :tongue:
    And though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea. -Led Zeppelin
    My hair is dark dark brown (almost black) with red and blonde highlights in it and my eyes are brown but they change depending on my mood and the lighting. In the sunlight they look almost amber colored and if I'm sad they are black. Kind of unrelated but I'm also a tetrachromat-meaning I have 4 cones in my eyes instead of the usual 3. So I see tons of colors most can't. So that's pretty cool. I've always thought blue eyes were cool. I don't like having the most common eye color even though they change. :tongue:

@Hippie_Simmer Out of curiosity, how did you know that you're a tetrachromat? Did it come up in a eye test or something? xD