Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you show me your super DULL sims 3 pics? ;)

Comments

• Options
    KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Here's some "dull" images starring the latest heir in my legacy challenge (she's the one in purple)

35532559540_ca3dd84f71.jpg
    35789057501_7e4e84204d.jpg
    35532592810_7e2e50f625.jpgScreenshot-55
    35081316174_29b81b4444.jpgScreenshot-58
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Some super dull pics of my babies being goofs :wink:
    uzncnv.png
    nhwccH.png
    jFbvfH.png
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    @coco they are such a cute couple!

Here's some pics of my sim with his horse. I love taking pictures of them they are a great team!

11qr3bn.jpg

2af0lyf.jpg

dqt9nq.jpg

2zhp85k.jpg
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    @coco Pretty! The colors are beautiful. And I love what you did with her jacket, so cute!
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    4japva.jpg
    rgxugh.jpg
    23v14ky.jpg
    1o0tx2.jpg
    Playing in Aurora Skies for the first time.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    edited July 2017
    @3KNPen OMG! What lighting mod is that? It's gorgeous! Or is that the default aurora lighting? I don't have that world so I'm not sure.
  • Options
    ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited July 2017
    Here are a few of my older ones :)
    Screenshot-83.jpg
    Screenshot-86.jpg
    Screenshot-87.jpg
    Screenshot-88.jpg

Screenshot-111.jpg
    Screenshot-50.jpg
    Screenshot-51.jpg
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    @xitneverendss No I have a lighting mod installed. It's Fresh Cut Day by brntwaffles (Can Be Found: HERE) I'm using the version with the Monte Vista water but there are other water versions you can choose from.

~ ~ ~
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited July 2017
    tsDxIWC.jpg

I know there's a 'sims smooching' thread somewhere, but I thought 2 newly remarried mummies in a jetpack kiss was too dull to post there.

Some backstory: Jesse and Colton have been married for a long time when they decided to dig out a Cursed Sarcophagus of the Kings from the basement (and purchase another from Buy D. Bug & Sons Import/Export Company) to sleep in. A few days later they emerged as mummies. As they were swimming in their new pool I remember reading that mummies have unique conversation topics. I selected Colton and clicked on Jesse and discovered this:

8qY7a0B.jpg

Colton is a Hopeless Romantic, I don't play that trait very often and I've never seen the Kiss and Make Up option before. I don't even know what he needed to kiss and make up for. So I had them kiss and make up. Then I realized they were only Romantic Interests, and their relationship was down quite a bit. I have no idea what happened. I would guess the mummy transformation is to blame. Colton did step out of the sarcophagus a few minutes before Jesse. I had them engage in friendly interactions, then romantic, got their relationship bar back up and then quickly got them remarried. That let to wishes to jetpack slow dance, jetpack kiss (the picture above), and jetpack woohoo.

So, mummies are fairly interesting to play. They don't have an energy bar! That works out great for me as both guys are self-employed sculptors and both have a wish to place 100 sculptures on the lot. At the the time of their mummy transformation they had 66 sculptures crammed in the basement. With no need to sleep they were able to just crank out clay sculptures until they satisfied that wish.

Mummies walk very slowly. So slowly that living on a 64x64 lot is a pain, especially on my current lot where the house is set pretty far back from the front of the house.

Pasbjfe.jpg

Here is Jesse shambling to the car to teach his teenage alien step-daughter Bellonda to drive. The sculpting stations are in the basement, where she asked for help to learn how to drive. It took Jesse so long to get to the car Bellonda learned the first 2 levels of the driving skill just by sitting in the car. You might be able to make out her driving skill bar at the half way point between level 1 and level 2 in the picture above (or it might be too small).

Once Bellonda learned how to drive, the end to that interaction put her in the river swimming and left Jesse in the middle of nowhere:

utlU3o7.jpg

That is one frustrated Family-Oriented sim! Mummies cannot try for baby, or genetically engineer one at the hospital. He nonetheless gets some odd wishes regarding his husband:

mtcLZbj.jpg

They both regularly get that wish about each other, as well as wishing to photograph a mummy. This all must be difficult for Jesse to handle as he's already thinking about how to cure himself:

ou6RTYh.jpg

So, they are now sleeping in a Blessed Sarcophagus of the Kings, destined to wake some day back to being human. Their dull exploration of mummification is ending. I hope they are still married when they emerge. If not perhaps they'll throw a wedding party for once.

edit: Both are now cured, and still married. While they were mummies I had taken them into MasterController>Stylist to customize their mummy outfits. That might have been a big mistake. When they came out of the Blessed Sarcophagus of the Kings their transformation to human wasn't complete. They still had dark grey skin and still had the mummy head. MC>Reset didn't help. Changing their skin tone in CAS didn't fix things, and then I realized they had lost all slider settings. I ended up going to an old save pre-mummification and saving them to the Sim Bin. Then went back to my current save, took them into MC's Edit in CAS and then used the Sim Bin versions to fix them. I'm hoping my game will be ok. Fingers crossed.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    Just a dull nature shot:

sakqXTJ.jpg
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm becoming dull in my comments but once again, I so totally love the variety of pictures and experiences here!
    @TreyNutz Those mummies!!! <3
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    You know one thing this thread is missing? Lucky Palms!

28050186400_3c0e410673_o.png

@Simanite wow this picture is awesome.

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @Evalen Aw thank you! I haven't seen you around in a while. :heart:
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @Simanite Still playing, haven't posted much, Just posted on Rags and Riches challenge for people to vote, take a look and vote. It is my new challenge I am doing. You picture is very touching. Shows what the sims are really like.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    It pains me to visit this thread of dull pics! ;)

@Namaya A smiling horse! :D:D:D

@Odonata68 Nora is lovely! I should reinstall Showtime because I miss some of the objects that came with it.

@xitneverendss Gorgeous sim and she makes a lovely avatar :)

@pandabear1836 Pretty fireworks!

@KNORear Always love seeing toddlers playing peek-a-boo!

@coco It always good to see your "babies". They are an adorable couple :)

@3KNPen Lovely scenic shots :)

@ElijahsBabyGurl9 Lovely couple and the horses are beautiful :)

@TreyNutz I have never played mummies but seeing your pics makes me think I have missed out on a lot! Enjoyed your pics very much :)

@Rflong7 Wow! The second pic of the rickety pier is stunning!

@BariSaxy Beautiful shot!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited July 2017
    I apologize in advance because this post won't be interesting to anyone except photographers (for those who aren't addicted to photography like I am, discussion of lighting techniques is super DULL...) :D Found a different way of recording each member of the lineage...in "memorial form" for later on down the generations. Yep. Photography. Yes, I caved in and downloaded Pose Player...and a set of wedding pose packs.

Screenshot-2.jpg
    Haruo and River's Wedding Portrait

Which I think should be what the founders should start off as de facto in my legacy and any other legacy that I play out from now on...and have a wedding portrait for each member of the family who ends up becoming the heir...and the rest can have single portraits. It's easier than painting, I'll tell you that.

I set up a portrait wall...in the driveway and a set of lights and did some quick Rembrandt lighting (offset 45 degree single light) with a hairlight illuminating River and Haruo from behind. (even this reminded me how much I hate portrait photography - they can tie me up covered in honey buck naked to a tree in the Muskoka during the height of mosquito season and I won't crack. I won't do weddings, I won't do portraiture).

Screenshot.jpg

The current memorial wall...for when each member of the family kicks off. the little ledges are for memorial candles. I don't think anyone has done any "incense sticks" as CC items to download...but I'd better stop going nuts on CC items before I end up having to get a hard drive just for said CC.

Screenshot-3.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer, you can buy incense at the one of the worlds provided by World Adventures. Sorry I can't recall which one right now. I'm not sure if you can also get it through buy mode or not.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    jordand wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer, you can buy incense at the one of the worlds provided by World Adventures. Sorry I can't recall which one right now. I'm not sure if you can also get it through buy mode or not.

Each world sells a different type of incense. All 3 are available in buydebug.
  • Options
    KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,067 Member
    edited July 2017
    Screenshot-250.jpg
    Picking flowers.
    Post edited by KatNip on
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited July 2017
    I had to switch over from Photobucket so basically this is a test to see if it works:
    MhDymhu.jpg
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    My sim just aged up into an adult and his CC hair changed into pigtails... now here's the fun part: I'm playing the Restore Similization challenge and I'm not allowed to change appearance until I've unlocked it :'D

ztvfbo.jpg

i5xbfa.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top